Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:32
* awoods leaves04:08
* awoods joins06:02
* dwilcox joins07:22
* dwilcox leaves07:40
* dwilcox joins
* dhlamb joins08:22
* awead joins08:31
* mikeAtUVa joins08:32
* jgpawletko joins08:38
* acoburn joins08:45
* jcoyne joins09:00
* jcoyne leaves09:10
* Yinlin_ joins09:21
awoods: - Yesterday: FCREPO-1290 fixed, need to have unin test. Fixed a FCREPO-1307 critical issue, sent PR https://github.com/yinlinchen/fcrepo4/commit/c804f6a0734d7df11870457b62ca824c0b507aa9 - Today: Write unit test and integrate test for FCREPO-1290, reduce some major issues in FCREPO-1307. - No blockers
* Yinlin_ leaves
<awoods>Yinlin_: For FCREPO-1307, please add a link to a "pull request". https://github.com/yinlinchen/fcrepo4/commit/c804f6a0734d7df11870457b62ca824c0b507aa9 is a link to your commit. Instead, we need a "pull request".09:23
afk
* osmandin joins09:40
<awoods>[Standup]09:43
- Yesterday:
** Reviewed and sent back: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1258
** Reviewed and merged: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1288
** Reviewed and merged: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1300
** Reviewed and merged: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1303
** Reviewed and merged: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1306
** Finalized OR2015 LDP proposal
- Today:
** Finalize OR2015 TWG proposal
** Announce Java 8 requirement starting in April
** Review and merge: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1309
** Work: https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/FCREPO-1308, wiki docs
- No blockers
* dwilcox leaves09:49
* dwilcox joins09:57
* scossu joins10:12
<osmandin>[Stand up] Yesterday: off. Today: currently working on responding to pr-1258 take 2 review comments. Blockers: none10:28
* jcoyne joins10:43
* jcoyne leaves10:46
* jcoyne joins10:53
* jcoyne leaves11:41
<osmandin>afk11:52
* ajs6f joins12:27
* jcoyne joins12:41
awoods: when I GET: http://localhost:8983/fedora/rest/dev/88/b4/73/67/88b47367-8616-471a-9165-cd578e49a08a/content/fcr:metadata12:42
I get 413 Request Entity too large
<awoods>jcoyne: on a call
* ksclarke joins12:58
* mikeAtUVa leaves12:59
<awoods>jcoyne: strange. Can you provide any more detail? I just created a resource, then performed a GET on /resource/fcr:metadata with no issue.13:17
<jcoyne>awoods: I suspect a browser issue.13:19
awoods: worked fine in curl.
awoods: why I have your attention, what is the best way to update a mime-type on a NonRDFSource?13:20
awoods: Sparql update the fcr:metadata?
<awoods>jcoyne: you should be able to act on the resource itself, under the covers it will update the metadata node.13:21
jcoyne: but working on fcr:metadata should also work.
<jcoyne>awoods: But I don't want to re-upload a 6GB file.13:22
awoods: I accidentally uploaded an mpeg4 with a mime-type of 'text/plain' and need to fix it.
<awoods>jcoyne: Have you tried sparql-update on fcr:metadata?13:24
<jcoyne>awoods: nope, I was just enquiring if that's the best way to do that.13:25
<awoods>jcoyne: PUT on fcr:metadata should do the trick.13:26
jcoyne: or rather, PATCH13:27
jcoyne: Content-Type: application/sparql-update13:28
<jcoyne>awoods: got it. thanks13:31
<awoods>jcoyne: worked?
<Yinlin>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/69513:33
<jcoyne>awoods: I'm just planning tickets for Active-Fedora
<awoods>Yinlin: it looks like you are working on your own master branch... ouch.13:35
<Yinlin>awoods: oh...?
<awoods>Yinlin: You should always work on a branch. See: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Git+Workflow13:36
<Yinlin>awoods: I fork it and work on my branch...
awoods: let me check
<awoods>Yinlin: the PR you just sent came from your own master.
Yinlin: which is why all of the comments from your previous ticket are also included in your latest PR.13:37
Yinlin: each ticket should be worked on its own branch.
<Yinlin>awoods: I see. that why I think weird.13:38
<awoods>Yinlin: then you can submit PRs from those individual branch to fcrepo4:master13:39
Yinlin: then you can submit PRs from those individual branches to fcrepo4:master
<Yinlin>awoods: so I close this PR and resubmit new PR.
<awoods>Yinlin: perfect
* github-ff joins13:40
[fcrepo4] yinlinchen closed pull request #695: add fedorabinary check (master...master) http://git.io/WwcYyg
* github-ff leaves
* awead_ joins13:46
* awead leaves
* scossu leaves13:47
* scossu joins13:52
* ajs6f leaves14:26
* github-ff joins14:29
[fcrepo4] yinlinchen opened pull request #699: Address the 1 critical issue from Sonar report. (master...fcrepo-1307) http://git.io/FuhI
* github-ff leaves
<Yinlin>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/699
awoods: follow steps from wiki, please check it. Thanks!
<awoods>Yinlin: The PR construction is perfect.14:56
<Yinlin>awoods: Great! Thanks!14:59
* dwilcox leaves15:30
* acoburn leaves15:32
* acoburn joins15:42
* acoburn leaves16:05
* osmandin leaves16:07
* osmandin joins16:12
<jcoyne>awoods: regarding your Java 8 announcement, is Java 8 currently supported for Fedora 4?16:24
<awoods>jcoyne: F4 currently builds successfully on Java 8, but the official artifacts are compiled against Java 7.16:26
jcoyne: we are not yet using any Java 8 features.
<jcoyne>awoods: seems like a step is missing.
<awoods>jcoyne: like what?
<jcoyne>Oh, nm. Because the artifacts compiled against 7 will run on 8, right
?
<awoods>jcoyne: they should be able to, yes16:27
<jcoyne>In april, the target for artifacts will be switched?
<awoods>yes
<jcoyne>Got it.
<awoods>running the Java8 F4 artifacts will not work on Java7
* acoburn joins16:37
* acoburn leaves16:56
* osmandin leaves17:00
* jcoyne leaves17:07
* jcoyne joins17:42
* github-ff joins17:46
[fcrepo-camel] acoburn opened pull request #48: added support for named graphs in the processor classes (master...named-graph-support) http://git.io/FgaE
* github-ff leaves
* jgpawletko leaves17:54
* scossu leaves18:06
<ksclarke>awoods have you ever tried deploying fcrepo4 at the ROOT context?18:10
(using tomcat)18:15
* ksclarke leaves18:20
* jgpawletko joins18:55
* dwilcox joins19:03
<awoods>ksclarke: no, you?19:06
* dwilcox leaves19:26
* dwilcox joins19:34
<dhlamb>ksclarke: I did a while ago when back when it was alpha. Worked out ok. I've since expunged all the rigamarow I had to go through with the tomcat config from my brain, tho.19:56
* dwilcox leaves20:07
* dhlamb leaves20:37
* awead leaves21:15
* dhlamb joins21:33
* dhlamb leaves21:38
* jgpawletko leaves21:42
* dhlamb joins21:57
* jcoyne leaves22:03
* jcoyne joins22:32
* jcoyne leaves22:46
* fcrepo-bot joins23:16
* jcoyne joins23:38
* dhlamb leaves23:39
* fcrepo-bot leaves00:18
* jcoyne leaves00:39

Generated by Sualtam