Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* awead joins07:38
* nikhiltri joins07:59
* nikhiltri leaves08:01
* jcoyne joins08:15
* jgpawletko joins08:21
* dwilcox joins08:26
* mikeAtUVa joins08:42
* osmandin joins08:51
* jgpawletko leaves09:29
* jgpawletko joins09:35
* jgpawletko leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "Admin Search no longer exists, so I moved the page to the "Archive"." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8248253409:36
Andrew Woods delivered "Camel: Triplestore integration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8222691409:45
Andrew Woods added "Fixity CPU Usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265374409:49
Andrew Woods edited "Fixity CPU Usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82653744
* scossu joins10:06
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin added comment: "Neither of these two queries have a "where" clause and indeed iterate through the entire contents of the repos�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8235143610:16
* acoburn joins
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "There is no evidence that performance changed for the better or worse with ModeShape's new indexing updates. �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8235143610:19
Andrew Woods added comment: "@md, Could you take a look at this potentially critical issue?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82653744
* ajs6f joins10:20
* ajs6f1 joins10:23
awoods: When are you freezing for release?
<awoods>ajs6f1: 11/2110:24
<ajs6f1>awoods: cool. I'm going to fix a few Sonar-reported things, okay?
awoods: Especially since we have one "critical", and I did that. Oops.
<awoods>ajs6f1: great.
<mikeAtUVa>BTW, did anyone ever try adding the documentOptimization to our storage configuration to support large numbers of files in a flat hierarchy? (https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE40/Large+numbers+of+child+nodes)10:25
<awoods>rascal
<ajs6f1>I prefer rapscallion.
<awoods>rapscallion10:26
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin started "Fixity CPU Usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82653744
* ajs6f leaves10:27
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added "Regression of UI redirecting to NonRdfSourceDescription" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265919010:56
Andrew Woods edited "Regression of UI redirecting to NonRdfSourceDescription" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82659190
Justin Coyne added comment: "This is potentially an issue with jetty 8.1.10. @escowles has duplicated the issue with jetty 8.1.10, but cou�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265374410:57
Mike Durbin added comment: "@justincoyne4 I was unable to reproduce it in a test environment here. Let me know if you confirm that it's n�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265374411:04
Mike Durbin unstarted "Fixity CPU Usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82653744
* nikhiltri joins
* NLM joins11:07
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din edited "Investigate sporadic large-scale repo web stacktraces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8241091411:10
<osmandin>afk for a minute11:16
<mikeAtUVa>disconnected from call... brb...11:17
<awoods>http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/11:20
http://sonar.fcrepo.org/dashboard/index/466611:21
* ajs6f joins11:44
* ajs6f1 leaves
* github-ff joins11:45
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created FixingSonarStuff (+1 new commit): http://git.io/1qXukA
fcrepo4/FixingSonarStuff 0fe56ce ajs6f: Cleanup in fcrepo-http-commons
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves11:46
* ajs6f joins11:51
* nikhiltri leaves11:58
* NLM leaves12:00
<pivotal-bot_>Yinlin Chen added "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - Resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8266680812:07
Yinlin Chen edited "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - Resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8266680812:08
Yinlin Chen started "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - Resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8266680812:09
Yinlin Chen added "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - Services" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8266733212:10
Yinlin Chen edited "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - Services" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82667332
Yinlin Chen added "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - SPARQL Endpoint" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8266747012:11
Yinlin Chen edited "Review/exercise "RESTful HTTP API" - SPARQL Endpoint" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82667470
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #900: UNSTABLE in 10 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/900/12:15
* travis-ci joins12:17
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3165 (FixingSonarStuff - 0fe56ce : ajs6f): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/0fe56ceceff7
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/40906245
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins12:21
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to FixingSonarStuff: http://git.io/Jq8yxA
fcrepo4/FixingSonarStuff 1e40e1a ajs6f: Code cleanup and killing compiler warnings in fcrepo-kernel-impl
* github-ff leaves
<osmandin>AFK12:23
* osmandin leaves12:24
<acoburn>afk
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin started "Regression of UI redirecting to NonRdfSourceDescription" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265919012:45
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!12:48
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #901: FIXED in 8 min 55 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/901/
* travis-ci joins12:52
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3166 (FixingSonarStuff - 1e40e1a : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/0fe56ceceff7...1e40e1a07303
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/40910081
* travis-ci leaves
* nikhiltri joins12:59
* scossu leaves13:01
* nikhiltri leaves13:06
* scossu joins13:07
* osmandin joins13:15
<pivotal-bot_>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added "Fix Sonar problems" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8267436013:29
A. "Offratonix" Soroka started "Fix Sonar problems" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82674360
* github-ff joins13:37
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to FixingSonarStuff: http://git.io/MO8S7g
fcrepo4/FixingSonarStuff 1503e57 ajs6f: Sonar fixes in org.fcrepo.kernel.impl.rdf.impl
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:39
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #644: Fixing sonar stuff (master...FixingSonarStuff) http://git.io/i34G7A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/644" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82674360
<ajs6f>awoods: When you have a chance, I'd like to do an intermediate merge for the Sonar cleanup, to avoid inflicting too much merge hell on myself or others. I'll leave the ticket open, or do you want me to finish it to remind you?13:40
<awoods>ajs6f: on a call
<ajs6f>NO. WAY.
* travis-ci joins13:57
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3167 (FixingSonarStuff - 1503e57 : ajs6f): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/1e40e1a07303...1503e57afd9f
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/40917436
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: It is helpful if you are specific about what you are trying to do, and tying it to a specific pivotal ticket, and finishing that ticket when it is ready for review and merge.14:10
<ajs6f>There is a ticket noted in the PR.14:12
I didn't close the ticket, as I said above, because it's not done.
This is an intermediate merge.
<awoods>ajs6f: a lot of this is format changes14:15
ajs6f: it makes reviewing the github history nearly useless if format changes are mixed with substantive changes.
<ajs6f>awoods: There are some fomart changes. Sonar uses number-of-lines to measure issues. Correcting the formatting resoves the Sonar issues.14:16
<awoods>ajs6f: that makes sense... but it makes reviewing the github history nearly useless if format changes are mixed with substantive changes.
<ajs6f>awoods: If the task in hand is to remove Sonar issues, then those changes are substantive.14:17
<awoods>ajs6f: Yes, but not from a github history review perspective. I am just asking that you keep the format changes in isolated commits.
ajs6f: no mixy mixy14:18
<ajs6f>awoods: Sure.
awoods: No baby talk. I get enough of that at home.
<awoods>ok14:19
<jcoyne>ajs6f: is newspeak doublegood?
<ajs6f>jcoyne: Newspeak is very close to real.
* awoods lunch and snow-shoveling time14:27
<ajs6f>afk bbl14:42
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins14:45
[fcrepo-camel] acoburn opened pull request #15: Additional unit tests, code cleanup (master...code_cleanup) http://git.io/Y_z7zQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Aaron Coburn added comment: "Additional unit tests included in this PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-camel/pull/15" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82225792
* dwilcox leaves15:47
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin added comment: "I can't discern any difference in behavior between the current version and the referenced version. I assumed �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82659190
<Yinlin>awoods: when viewing a datastream, it can't see the properties of that datastream, it prompt for download instead. Is it a bug or change? We can see the datastream properties before.15:48
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin started "Incorrect HTML page titles when data type is specified" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8248614415:49
<Yinlin>awoods: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Feature+Tour+-+Action+-+Content
<awoods>Yinlin: note: A datastream is a description of a bitstream or binary or file.15:51
Yinlin: datastreams (as a term) no longer exisit
Yinlin: datastream -> NonRdfSourceDescription
Yinlin: as for your question, yes that is a bug that mikeAtUVa is working: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265919015:52
<pivotal-bot_>bug: Regression of UI redirecting to NonRdfSourceDescription (started) / owner: Mike Durbin
<Yinlin>awoods: ok I will start use NonRdfSourceDescription. Do you want me to change this in wiki too?15:53
<awoods>Yinlin: yes. Depending on the context, "object" -> "resource" or "container", and "datastream" -> NonRdfSourceDescription15:55
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "@md, sorry this is commit that introduced the desired functionality: ""16:07
https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commi�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82659190
Andrew Woods edited "Regression of UI redirecting to NonRdfSourceDescription" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265919016:13
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: you see the updated ticket?
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "@ajs6f Is this class used anywhere: ""
org.fcrepo.kernel.utils.iterators.EventIterator.
I don't wish to add or mo�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: yeah... I'll switch back to it soon.16:14
<pivotal-bot_>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added comment: "I have no idea. I would do a search with your IDE to find out, or try removing it and see if anythi�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148392616:17
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: putting that into a js debugger, it looks like this line:16:18
if (status != 200) {
status == "success", not 200
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: if it's just a one-line javascript fix that you've just identified, go ahead and steal the ticket and submit a PR:)16:19
<cbeer>maybe it should be xhr.status != 200
mikeAtUVa: nope, all yours. i'm off the project.
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: ok... well thanks for the tip then.16:20
<Yinlin>awoods: please remove "Full feature details" in https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Feature+Tour+-+Action+-+Update+Properties . That is an empty link and I don't have permission to remove it. Thanks16:26
<awoods>Yinlin: done16:34
cbeer: you are off the project?16:35
cbeer: I thought you were a lifer
<Yinlin>awoods: the "Update CND Form" under types is disappeared?16:56
* github-ff joins16:58
[fcrepo4] osmandin opened pull request #645: Remove GetDefaultWorkspace (master...81483926-3) http://git.io/Fc9zIA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "@ajs6f Found it. Thanks." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
Osman Din added comment: "PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/645
http://sonar.fcrepo.org/drilldown/measures/1?highlight=it_line_�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
<awoods>Yinlin: correct: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8207010617:01
<pivotal-bot_>feature: Remove "Update CND" from HTML UI (accepted) / owner: Longshou Situ
* github-ff joins17:03
[fcrepo4] mikedurbin opened pull request #646: Fixed the title display in the HTML view. (master...html-page-titles) http://git.io/1GC4Wg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Mike Durbin added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/646" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82486144
Mike Durbin finished "Incorrect HTML page titles when data type is specified" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82486144
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:07
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "It seems like it's going to be tricky or hard hitting the target for some of the classes or modules.17:24
For exampl�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
* dwilcox joins17:32
* osmandin leaves17:42
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/issues/642#issuecomment-62979277" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8265374417:54
Andrew Woods accepted "Fixity CPU Usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82653744
* awead leaves17:56
* acoburn leaves18:00
* dwilcox leaves18:02
<pivotal-bot_>Stefano Cossu added comments: "I still get memory leak warning on Tomcat stop or undeployment. Also, in large ingest batch�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822462818:13
Andrew Woods unstarted "Memory leaks on redeployment and OutOfMemoryError (Tomcat7)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822462818:21
Andrew Woods added comment: "@stefanoc, could you please provide a detailed description of a "large ingest batch" so that we can try to re�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822462818:33
* awead joins18:40
* scossu leaves18:46
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "I'll just modify the code, then, to make it work where possible (and helpful).18:48
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] osmandin opened pull request #647: Add SessionUtils IT (master...81483926-5) http://git.io/Us3CuQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "PR: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/647" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
* jcoyne leaves19:11
* awead leaves19:13
* awead joins19:19
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "I assume you decided against including "implementation related entries"?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8248298019:38
Andrew Woods delivered "Review "Glossary"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82482980
Osman Din added comment: "I haven't had a chance yet. I'll create a ticket, and I think it's a useful idea." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8248298019:41
Osman Din added "Create glossary related to F4 implementation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8270343619:42
Osman Din started "Create glossary related to F4 implementation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/82703436
Andrew Woods accepted "Review "Glossary"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8248298019:44
* awead leaves19:46
<pivotal-bot_>Osman Din added comment: "@gregoryjansen Are there any ITs, besides what's in org.fcrepo.auth.integration, for fcrepo-auth-common outside �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148392620:08
* jcoyne joins20:16
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods added comment: "There are tests in RBACL which may indirectly test some of the auth-common logic.
https://github.com/fcrepo4/�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
* jcoyne leaves20:22
* jcoyne joins20:57
* jcoyne leaves
* ksclarke joins21:02
* ksclarke leaves22:46
* jcoyne joins22:53
* github-ff joins23:14
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #638: Html view issues (master...html-view-issues) http://git.io/67FXBQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Andrew Woods delivered "HTML view issues" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8242771623:15
* dwilcox joins23:24
* travis-ci joins23:28
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3175 (master - 82dace1 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/4c5678706e80...82dace1edfe8
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/40962730
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves23:40

Generated by Sualtam