Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox leaves01:43
* dwilcox joins01:47
* ksclarke leaves02:41
* ksclarke joins02:43
* ksclarke leaves02:45
* dwilcox leaves03:03
* dwilcox joins07:23
* awead joins07:47
* fcrepo-bot joins07:52
* MohamedAR joins07:56
* dwilcox leaves08:24
* MohamedAR leaves08:46
* jonroby joins09:00
* fcrepo-bot leaves09:05
<pivotal-bot_____>Jonathan Roby added comment: "Yes, you are correct. Sorry, i'll make that change and then commit that. Thanks for reminding me" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636009:07
* jcoyne joins09:20
<pivotal-bot_____>Jonathan Roby added comment: "First commit has gone through already, merged by fasseg. The commit for the README.md is https://github.com/�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636009:25
* MohamedAR joins09:33
* acoburn joins09:38
* ksclarke joins09:51
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Looks good, pending response to code review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780410:08
Andrew Woods rejected "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
* osmandin joins10:26
* longshou joins10:30
* scossu joins10:31
* github-ff joins10:42
[fcrepo4] escowles created labelled-revert-versions (+1 new commit): http://git.io/L_Dw8w
fcrepo4/labelled-revert-versions ff91459 Esmé Cowles: Adding a label to versions automatically created during a revert
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #603: Adding a label to versions automatically created during a revert (master...labelled-revert-versions) http://git.io/gfyv0w
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:53
Project fcrepo4-T2 build #37: FIXED in 4 min 31 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/37/
* Chris Beer: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container
* Chris Beer: Make inbound-references an opt-in preference
Yippee, build fixed!10:56
Project fcrepo4 build #2510: FIXED in 14 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2510/
* travis-ci joins10:58
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3037 (labelled-revert-versions - ff91459 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/ff9145936fcc
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39387471
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Allow admins to manage descriptive content about the repository and make the content available" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290411:04
* osmandin leaves11:27
* github-ff joins11:30
[fcrepo4] cbeer created no-jcr-node (+1 new commit): http://git.io/TH_fLQ
fcrepo4/no-jcr-node 3da4858 Chris Beer: Use methods on FedoraResource instead of getting the JCR Node
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Chris Beer added "Where possible, don't use the JCR node directly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8168999811:31
Chris Beer started "Where possible, don't use the JCR node directly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81689998
Chris Beer finished "Where possible, don't use the JCR node directly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81689998
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/604" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81689998
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #604: Use methods on FedoraResource instead of getting the JCR Node (master...no-jcr-node) http://git.io/H-Qvaw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Chris Beer deleted "Add fcrepo4 integration tests based on LDP use cases and requirements" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6947140611:38
* pivotal-bot_____ leaves11:40
* pivotal-bot joins
* ajs6f joins11:46
* travis-ci joins11:48
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3039 (no-jcr-node - 3da4858 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/3da4858d55a4
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39394413
* travis-ci leaves
* longshou leaves11:53
* github-ff joins12:05
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #603: Adding a label to versions automatically created during a revert (master...labelled-revert-versions) http://git.io/gfyv0w
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:17
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/uxKplg
fcrepo4/master 8d5e056 Esmé Cowles: Fix versioning check when reverting versions of non-RDF resources...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted non-rdf-restore at f49c3fd: http://git.io/AKcNZA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Restoring a version of non-RDF resources results in error "This operation requires that the node be versionable"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81615202
<ajs6f>TWG Hangout: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug812:28
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!12:33
Project fcrepo4-client build #285: FIXED in 3 min 22 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-client/285/
<pivotal-bot>Jonathan Roby added comment: "So, where would be the best place to store these fields? repository.json? I see theres a "name" element with�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290412:34
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!12:36
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #834: FIXED in 6 min 34 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/834/
* travis-ci joins12:40
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3041 (master - 8d5e056 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/feb74ecc9583...8d5e0560b74d
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39399611
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #2513: UNSTABLE in 11 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2513/
* longshou joins12:41
* awead_away leaves
* awead joins12:47
<pivotal-bot>Stefano Cossu added "Unable to set relationship properties" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853812:55
Stefano Cossu edited "Unable to set relationship properties" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81698538
Stefano Cossu edited "Unable to set relationship properties" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853812:56
* scossu leaves12:59
<pivotal-bot>Jonathan Roby added comment: "Or I guess in oai.xml would work too...but if the repository name is defined somewhere else, the admins woul�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290413:01
Andrew Woods accepted "NON-ISSUE - 409 conflict for fcrepo:lastModified" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148315413:21
Chris Beer added comment: "Can you share your full CND file?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853813:22
Chris Beer added comment: "I'd also like @awoods to chime in about how far out of our way we should go to support the JCR type system. Thi�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853813:26
* osmandin joins13:27
<awoods>cbeer: re: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853813:28
<pivotal-bot>bug: Unable to set relationship properties (unscheduled) / owner:
<awoods>cbeer: What are you thinking around F4 and JCR-types as it relates to that ticket?
cbeer: Would moving to storing all values as Strings change this?13:29
<pivotal-bot>Nikhil Trivedi started "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780413:30
* scossu joins
<pivotal-bot>Nikhil Trivedi finished "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
Nikhil Trivedi added comment: "Changes made." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
<cbeer>awoods: given how scossu is altering our CND file, i'm not sure we can guarantee that RDF serialization machinery will work as expected. but i also don't think most users need or want (or should) work at that layer.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Make FedoraFileSystemConnector Read-Only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80775226
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/UbYXXA
fcrepo4/master b7cdce2 lsitu: Enforced the FedoraFileSystemConnector to be read-only.
fcrepo4/master 042a736 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #602 from lsitu/feature/readonly-connector...
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>awoods: and, storing values as strings would mean scossu would be locked out of the JCR CND mechanics, because we'd also drop the rest of our JCR type serialization machinery.13:31
<awoods>cbeer: It would seem that storing values as Strings might be limited to literals, not URIs and References.13:33
no?
<cbeer>awoods: i think if we're shunning the JCR type system, we'd go all the way. every user provided property gets treated the same way.13:34
<awoods>cbeer: That may not be a good direction, then.
cbeer: taking advantage of References, in particular, is valuable.13:35
<cbeer>awoods: why?
(or, how is it more valuable than our behind-the-scenes reference bookkeeping.)
<awoods>cbeer: for referential integrity and for finding which resources are linked to other resources.13:36
<cbeer>awoods: and our bookkeeping references do that.
<awoods>cbeer: Does "behind-the-scenes reference bookkeeping" == _ref?
<cbeer>awoods: yes.
* scossu leaves13:37
<awoods>cbeer: are you happy with the _ref approach? it seems a little hacky.
cbeer: especially given the JCR capabilities
<cbeer>awoods: i have no problems with it.. especially because it lets you mix repository and non-repository content seamlessly.
<awoods>cbeer: without _ref, we would not be able to create References to external URIs?13:38
<cbeer>awoods: if you have a REFERENCE property, it must point to a mix:referenceable node.
<awoods>true
cbeer: so you are not in favor of dealing with URIs and References with JCR help, and literals as Strings?13:39
<cbeer>awoods: i am not in favor of having fcrepo4 consumers know or care how we're handling data internally. it makes our life much harder if we're trying to work against arbitrary JCR configurations.13:41
<awoods>cbeer: You are suggesting a blanket statement that CNDs are off-limits?13:42
<cbeer>awoods: i think it would be healthy. i think an appropriate contract with our consumers is "we'll store what you give us, and give it back to you later"
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #2514: FIXED in 11 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2514/
lsitu: Enforced the FedoraFileSystemConnector to be read-only.
<awoods>cbeer: ...unless you create your own mixins, in which case all bets are off.13:43
<cbeer>awoods: why would you need your own mixins?13:44
<awoods>cbeer: I think scossu and nikhiltri have about a hundred reasons why...
cbeer: They define mixins with specific properties13:45
<cbeer>awoods: right. so, i ask again, how far out of our way are we going to go to support arbitrary JCR schemas?
<awoods>cbeer: and my question is, "do we have to support arbitrary JCR schemas", or simply allow them to happen?13:46
cbeer: I suppose what you are suggesting is that if you (as an F4 user) update your JCR schema (CND), then all bets are off.
<cbeer>awoods: so, in the AIC case, i would not be surprised if their CND disallows us from creating our reference properties, from serializing RDF to JCR strings, and probably other problems.
awoods: yes, that is exactly what i'm suggesting. i don't think we want to be in that business.13:47
awoods: and we just tell scossu and nikhiltri that they're doing fcrepo4 wrong. we're in the RDF business, not the JCR business.
<awoods>cbeer: probably true, re:AIC. But the reason AIC has done this is because they need/want functionality that we are not exposing at the F4 level.13:48
<cbeer>awoods: what functionality? JCR schema validation?
<awoods>cbeer: custom mixin types
for one
<cbeer>awoods: to what end, though? fcrepo4 lets you create new RDF types just fine.13:49
<awoods>cbeer: true, but is there a way to say that all resources of this new RDF type will have this list of properties?
<cbeer>awoods: any RDF resource can have any RDF property.13:50
storage is different than validation.
<awoods>cbeer: yes, and JCR offers a simple validation13:51
as well as a simple auto-generation of properties/values
<cbeer>awoods: sure. so, how important is it that we support that?
<awoods>cbeer: yes, that is the question. And at what cost.13:52
<cbeer>awoods: yes, it is the question. how do we answer it?
awoods: and, the cost to fcrepo4 to support that is quite high. clearly we're already doing things that work against that.13:53
and we had plans to go further.
* nikhiltri joins13:55
<awoods>cbeer: AIC brings real use cases to the table. We should talk through them and see where the conflict points are.
cbeer: let's bring it to tomorrow's call13:56
<cbeer>awoods: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81698538 is certainly one. they're also in major conflict with our plan to store RDF properties as strings.
<pivotal-bot>bug: Unable to set relationship properties (unscheduled) / owner:
* travis-ci joins13:57
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3043 (master - 042a736 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/8d5e0560b74d...042a736b7682
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39407133
* travis-ci leaves
<osmandin>afk14:00
<awoods>cbeer: yes, that ticket and creating CND definitions that specify non-String types are in conflict with the direction of things.14:02
cbeer: If we continue to support JCR-type mapping (where we can), it would be interesting to know what flexibility users would still have.14:04
cbeer: In the case of scossu's ticket, it is likely just a matter of their CND allowing the creation of _ref properties.14:05
<cbeer>awoods: it would be nice if it was that easy, this time. but, certainly, if we continue to support it, the literals-as-jcr-strings work is now completely off the table.14:09
<awoods>cbeer: the literals-as-jcr-strings work would mean that if you update your CND, all non-URI/REFERENCE properties should be Strings.14:11
<cbeer>awoods: yes. which, if we're supporting this in the name of flexibility and strict validation, means we're no longer doing those things.14:12
<awoods>cbeer: that is why a conversation (tomorrow's committer call) would be helpful. I suspect/hope the AIC issue is less about validation and more about auto-generation of properties.14:13
<cbeer>that's not my understanding from looking at their CNDs, but it would be good to hear.14:14
<awoods>nikhiltri: thoughts?14:15
<nikhiltri>(Reading the backlog of the conversation)14:17
* awoods stepping away for lunch14:21
<nikhiltri>awoods/cbeer: We should definitely talk more about this tomorrow, so scossu can chime in, since he's authored most of the CND work here.14:28
awoods/cbeer: But I think we would be open to talking about alternatives to us defining a custom CND.14:29
awoods/cbeer: I think if we like the limits that defining CNDs sets, i.e., a node of type X can only have properties [a,b,c,d...]14:30
awoods/cbeer: But there's certainly more than one way to go about it cleanly.
* scossu joins14:35
<pivotal-bot>Jonathan Roby added comment: "Everything but the repo version number is configured via oai.xml: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-oa�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290414:46
Jonathan Roby added comment: "(meaning that the version number is not visible in the Identify results. sorry for any confusion)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290414:47
Stefano Cossu added comment: "@cbeer : I tested on a simplified version of https://github.com/aic-collections/aicdams-lake/blob/test-ontol�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853814:49
* scossu leaves
<awoods>nikhiltri/cbeer: The issue boils down to: To what degree does F4 support configuration outside of the APIs, i.e. REST and Java?14:53
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Can you explain more why the difference between ordinary properties and references is important? From my perspe�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853814:54
* pivotal-bot_ joins15:03
<cbeer>pivotal-bot_: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/684825/stories/81620916
<pivotal-bot_>bug: getResourceTriples should avoid switching subjects too much. (finished) / owner: Chris Beer
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8162091615:06
<pivotal-bot_>bug: getResourceTriples should avoid switching subjects too much. (finished) / owner: Chris Beer
* awead leaves
* awead joins15:08
* pivotal-bot_ leaves15:12
* pivotal-bot_ joins15:13
* pivotal-bot_ leaves
* pivotal-bot_ joins15:14
* pivotal-bot_ leaves15:15
* pivotal-bot_ joins
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] mohideen opened pull request #2: story 81433628. Ensure functionality fcrepo-webapp-plus. (master...rbacl-tomcat-fix) http://git.io/Uvsotw
* github-ff leaves
* pivotal-bot_ leaves15:16
* pivotal-bot_ joins
* pivotal-bot_ leaves15:18
* pivotal-bot_ joins
Chris Beer added comment http://www.pivotaltracker.com/services/v3/projects/684825/stories/81620916
* pivotal-bot_ leaves15:20
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "fcr:fixity in HTML view" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171302215:24
Andrew Woods edited "fcr:fixity in HTML view" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81713022
Andrew Woods added "Redirect to federated content" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406015:36
* ajs6f1 joins15:45
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@jonathanroby, before starting this ticket, please assign yourself to it, estimate the number of points, then�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290415:46
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "I think the documentation is just out-of-date. I think we decided to kill this feature when non-rdf sources bec�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406015:48
Andrew Woods added comment: "@jonathanroby, See @cbeer's comment above.15:51
You should be able generate/populate the fcrepo4 version number v�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482904
Andrew Woods added comment: "@jonathanroby, See @cbeer's comment above.15:53
You should be able generate/populate the fcrepo4 version number v�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482904
* ajs6f joins
<pivotal-bot>Jonathan Roby started "Allow admins to manage descriptive content about the repository and make the content available" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290415:54
* ajs6f1 leaves15:56
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "So the question would be, how do we link federated content to repository objects?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406015:58
Chris Beer added comment: "Same way you link to anything else in the world?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406015:59
<ajs6f> awoods: I am 400% in favor of moving to "CNDs are not a user-facing tool for Fedora".
awoods: And while JCR notions of validity and auto-typing are useful, we need to package them in ways that are consonant with the _entire_ framework.16:00
awoods: Not just let them hang out the sides like a droopy beer belly.
<pivotal-bot>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added comment: "Distinguishing between references within and without the repo is very much a way of penetrating the�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853816:02
Andrew Woods added comment: "The issue is that the user interaction with a non-rdf resource that is created within the repository should b�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406016:03
Chris Beer started "fcr:fixity in HTML view" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171302216:04
<awoods>thanks for the input, ajs6f.
* ajs6f1 joins
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added comment: "Structural validation is important and I don't think anyone involved with Fedora thinks otherwise, �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853816:05
<awoods>ajs6f: I tend to agree, it is difficult to support an application with a defined user-facing API when the backend assumptions are being configured in unexpected ways.
* ajs6f joins16:06
* ajs6f1 leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: That's it in a nutshell, and while I appreciate that scossu and team are trying to do good things, it's about _how_ we get those things done.
Stupid crappy WIFI!
awoods: They're on a schedule, and we're on a schedule, and we're going to have to tap dance together.16:07
<awoods>ajs6f: that's cute
<ajs6f>awoods: I spend a lot of time around a really cute 6 month old.
awoods: They're pointing to further extension points and further modularization tasks.16:08
<awoods>ajs6f: it shows
<ajs6f>awoods: You mean my dimply cheeks and charming gurgle?
* jonroby leaves
<ajs6f>awoods: We want them to succeed with their immediate project, but we also want Fedora to have a sustainable architecture.
awoods: Fedora is not a layer over JCR. I think we do have to be strong about that.16:09
awoods: Where people are trying to do something that JCR can and Fedora cannot, that's not a reason to fall through to JCR. That's a new task for us.16:10
awoods: Relational integrity is an important concept, but we need to support it _in Fedora_ in a way that is coherent with our larger view of landscape, not in a way that is utterly repo-instance-specific.16:12
<awoods>ajs6f: that Fedora4 != JCR+ is a good point.
<ajs6f>awoods: I think we may have clouded that up a bit by showing a lot of diagrams with JCR included as a first-class component under Fedora.16:13
<awoods>ajs6f: and one that could serve to be more emphasized.
<ajs6f>awoods: Right. JCR is coeval with things like ISPN and JGroups-for-clustering.16:14
<awoods>ajs6f: true, but the preservationists in this community have pushed that with wanting to know how things look on disk.
<ajs6f>awoods: You know my feelings about that— it's fine and great to have a transparent serialization as part of your _system_, but it's unfair to the entire community to demand that it be an integral part of a specific _component_.16:15
awoods: Especially since that demand is by no means universal in the community.
<awoods>ajs6f: yes, and the TWG has helped shine light on that.16:16
<cbeer>awoods: i think there's a difference between being able to look at the content on disk and expecting to muddle with the middleware.
<ajs6f>awoods: The TWG is a blazing firefly in the endless night.
cbeer++
awoods: JCR is the concern of people who are developing Fedora, not the concern of people who are using Fedora to develop repositories.16:17
* github-ff joins16:18
[fcrepo-webapp-plus] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/gmZXrQ
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master becb772 Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed: story 81433628. Ensure functionality fcrepo-webapp-plus....
fcrepo-webapp-plus/master 36c5a9c Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #2 from mohideen/rbacl-tomcat-fix...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Initial step: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus/pull/2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81433628
<ajs6f>awoods: And the other side of that is that people developing Fedora need to be informed (by people like scossu and team) about where the framework isn't meeting needs, and JCR is a perfectly fine place to discover patterns that do meet those needs, patterns that can inspire new Fedora work.16:19
awoods: Work that barmintor will do.16:20
<awoods>nice
<ajs6f>I often worry that barmintor isn't busy enough.
cbeer: I lost track of that issue with Jena. It seems like they're moving in the right direction?16:23
<cbeer>ajs6f: i don't know if it's the right one or the wrong one, but it'll be consistent.
* ajs6f1 joins
cbeer: That seems to be a righter direction.16:24
<cbeer>ajs6f1: yeah, i'll take it.
<ajs6f1>k
<cbeer>worst case, we keep doing what we're doing now.16:25
<ajs6f1>which is working, no.
now.
<cbeer>yep
<ajs6f1>k
* osmandin leaves
* ajs6f2 joins16:27
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins16:29
* ajs6f2 leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves
* ajs6f1 joins16:33
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins16:34
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending response to code review comment." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780416:35
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods rejected "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
<cbeer>velocity--
* ajs6f joins
out for the day
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves16:37
<cbeer>awoods: can you merge https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/604?16:46
<awoods>cbeer: just looking at 598 first16:47
cbeer: I can go to 604 next
<cbeer>awoods: thanks. it's just going to conflict with my next PR.
* github-ff joins16:48
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted better-output at 420a80a: http://git.io/yQsQmA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "getResourceTriples should avoid switching subjects too much." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8162091616:49
Chris Beer added comment: "I was imagining you'd just assert ```<> my:semanticallyRelevantPredicate <some/content/in/a/projection>``` and �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406017:00
* github-ff joins17:03
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #604: Use methods on FedoraResource instead of getting the JCR Node (master...no-jcr-node) http://git.io/H-Qvaw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Where possible, don't use the JCR node directly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8168999817:04
Chris Beer added comment: "If that's what we're trying to do, I think we'd want to introduce a new type of thing (hello fcrepo3 REDIRECT d�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81714060
* github-ff joins17:05
[fcrepo4] cbeer created check-fixity (+1 new commit): http://git.io/VPBcjw
fcrepo4/check-fixity 0fab585 Chris Beer: Insert the 'check fixity' link in the HTML serialization by using the hasFixityService predicate
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/605" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81713022
Chris Beer finished "fcr:fixity in HTML view" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81713022
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #605: Insert the 'check fixity' link in the HTML serialization by using the ha... (master...check-fixity) http://git.io/0AJaQw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "This is the functionality we are looking for: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/e1cfab02235de324612b�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171406017:11
* barmintor_ joins17:13
cbeer: How important is the acceptance of POSTs with N3_ALT1 content-type to LDP? It’s the only place in the app that MIME appears to be used.17:16
https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/d67b0fadea21a4f8db747ef05fbca6b3ef2860e2/fcrepo-http-api/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/http/api/FedoraLdp.java#L482
<cbeer>barmintor_: i don't think LDP specifies content types beyond turtle and json-ld.
barmintor_: so i guess it's just a question of whether that type is commonly used in the wild.17:17
barmintor_: i don't know why it wouldn't be used everywhere either.
<barmintor_>cbeer: I think I’m inclined to drop it? Seems weird to Accept it but not Produce it, and the serializer bugs out if I include it
<cbeer>barmintor_: huh. because sesame or jena doesn't know what it is?17:18
<barmintor_>I guess?
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #2517: FAILURE in 2 min 14 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2517/
<cbeer>barmintor_: symmetry between what we accept and what we produce seems like a good idea to me.17:19
<barmintor_>cbeer: yeah, it seems weird to use all the same values everywhere but that one place.
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #837: UNSTABLE in 5 min 13 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/837/17:22
<pivotal-bot>Jonathan Roby added comment: "@awoods I don't believe theres a triple/property for the admin email address" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290417:32
* barmintor_ leaves17:37
* barmintor_ joins17:47
* MohamedAR leaves17:52
* awead leaves17:55
* jcoyne leaves17:56
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "vCard email? http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#Email" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482904
* awead joins17:58
* github-ff joins17:59
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 3 new commits to 80959252: http://git.io/D9lyTQ
fcrepo4/80959252 72ba5bf Benjamin Armintor: ignore checkstyle dot files
fcrepo4/80959252 5457af3 Benjamin Armintor: style conformance in UUIDPidMinter
fcrepo4/80959252 fab64d4 Benjamin Armintor: remove unused RDF type constants and regularize produced serializations
* github-ff leaves
* awead leaves18:00
<cbeer>barmintor_: can you pull-request that branch soon? i'd like to do something on top of f357c548db278854556a0fbce5ee2447f217146018:01
<barmintor_>cbeer: sure, will do it now.18:03
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] barmintor opened pull request #606: Eliminate dead code (master...80959252) http://git.io/-ficEA
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor_>Oh, conflicts.18:04
* github-ff joins18:06
[fcrepo4] barmintor force-pushed 80959252 from fab64d4 to e9126bc: http://git.io/nxQKtw
fcrepo4/80959252 8b53c08 Benjamin Armintor: refactor getClusterExecutor into Function subclass
fcrepo4/80959252 a9c3356 Benjamin Armintor: push rarely-used repositoryService injection down inheritance tree
fcrepo4/80959252 992f867 Benjamin Armintor: refactor Service into a genric interface
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor_>cbeer: okay, rebased and pushed. Waiting on Travis18:07
* ksclarke leaves18:08
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "fcr:fixity in HTML view" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8171302218:12
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted check-fixity at 0fab585: http://git.io/jW8e5Q
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #2518: FIXED in 13 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2518/18:13
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #838: FAILURE in 2 min 7 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/838/18:15
* acoburn leaves18:16
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!18:30
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #839: FIXED in 5 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/839/
* nikhiltri leaves18:31
<barmintor_>cbeer: 606 is green, if you want to push the button18:50
awoods: How should I deal with PRs for the dead code issue? I can’t really close the ticket (I’m not done yet), but there’s useful refactors in a PR (#606)18:52
* MohamedAR joins18:53
* github-ff joins18:57
[fcrepo4] cbeer created no-jcr-node (+2 new commits): http://git.io/P8qtcg
fcrepo4/no-jcr-node 248bcdc Chris Beer: Use FedoraResource#getProperty/hasProperty
fcrepo4/no-jcr-node f0158f4 Chris Beer: Push versioned ancestor logic up to FedoraResource
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins18:58
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #607: Remove more javax.jcr.Node references from outside -kernel (master...no-jcr-node) http://git.io/_okWLg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer finished "Where possible, don't use the JCR node directly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81689998
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/607" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81689998
* MohamedAR leaves19:46
* scossu joins
<awoods>barmintor_: I will get 606 (tonight or tomorrow). In the future you can go ahead and add the PR link and a note indicating that it is a partial commit to the ticket, "Finish" the ticket so I know it is on my plate, then I will move the ticket back to "Started" once the PR has been committed.20:01
* scossu leaves20:13
* scossu joins20:17
<pivotal-bot>Stefano Cossu added comment: "@cbeer : the difference is that reference is _constrained_ to the repository and can be limited to certain n�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853820:24
* scossu leaves20:25
<pivotal-bot>A. "Offratonix" Soroka added comment: "Well, CND is clearly not the only way to enforce constraints: you mention the possibility of client�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8169853820:37
* jcoyne joins20:55
* github-ff joins21:05
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to 80959252: http://git.io/nwdt2A
fcrepo4/80959252 17a767c Benjamin Armintor: simplify node existence checks in AbstractService and delete commented-out code
* github-ff leaves
* ksclarke joins21:55
* bljenkins leaves22:32
* longshou leaves22:34
* bljenkins joins
* jcoyne leaves23:46
* ksclarke leaves00:23
* barmintor_ leaves00:41

Generated by Sualtam