Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* dwilcox leaves01:54
* dwilcox joins04:51
* awead joins04:58
* awead leaves05:26
* dwilcox leaves06:03
<pivotal-bot____>Justin Coyne added comment: "@awoods Yes. 409 works great (for removing even the toughest stains ;) )" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7604857408:33
* MohamedAR joins08:50
* fasseg joins08:51
awoods: One more question: the dc-generator currently creates an empty oai_dc representation. Shouldn't values like id, author, lastmoddate etc. be auto-generated?08:52
* jonroby joins
* jcoyne joins08:59
<awoods>fasseg: the dc-generator is slipping into the distance... the values that are appropriate for auto-generation are now in your hands. But the ones mentioned seem very logical.09:15
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Test auto-session-logout with large response RDF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80555496
* osmandin joins09:16
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "PUTting a graph that points at nonexistent file should return 422(?) instead of a 404" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76048574
Andrew Woods accepted "Datastreams in HTML view should have /fcr:metadata" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80952408
Andrew Woods accepted "Support the LDP API and pass most of the LDP TCK" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79973150
<fasseg>kk I'll update it then...09:17
* ksclarke joins09:18
* ksclarke leaves
* ksclarke joins
<jonroby>awoods: OBE in ticket https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/684825/stories/72270946??09:20
<awoods>jonroby: overcome-by-events09:21
<jonroby>ah ok, cheers09:22
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "The locking feature has been removed from F4." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6957487809:24
Andrew Woods accepted "NOT FIXED - Modeshape doesn't release locks held by sessions when logout() is invoked." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/69574878
* gregjansen joins09:25
<jcoyne>Woah, really?09:29
<osmandin>awoods: there was a UNH ticket (redeploy ticket).. was this issue resolved?09:30
<awoods>osmandin: which ticket?09:31
<osmandin>awoods: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81443506
<pivotal-bot____>bug: Debug UNH issue (unstarted) / owner:
<awoods>osmandin: that is a new ticket
not yet resolved09:32
<osmandin>awoods: I did a quick check, and at least on my machine the redeploys were ok through the admin console
<awoods>osmandin: great. The UNH ticket is to help UNH debug their issue.
<osmandin>awoods: I can take a look at this later, unless it's for someone else09:33
<awoods>osmandin: That would be great. In order for you to help UNH, I will put you in touch with the p.o.c. there to who will describe the artifacts in that ticket.09:34
<osmandin>awoods: ok thx
<fasseg>awoods: and another thing: are there already some repository name/description properties available at a node? Since for generating an identify response, it would be nice to get stuff like reponame, admin emails and description etc. from e.g. the RepositoryService or a even some node...09:35
awoods: atm there are only placeholders in there...
awoods: The only thing I found was: fcrepo: repository.custom.rep.name but I did not see the property when I fetched the root node..09:37
<awoods>fasseg: There is no default/auto-created repo info, no.
<fasseg>awoods: Is there a planned feature for adding such information by the admin?09:40
awoods: otherwise I have to generate the identify response using a premade and ingested xml FedoraBinary which is kind of ugly...
<awoods>fasseg: would that be a feature? or would that be an object that an admin would create if they wanted to?09:41
fasseg: it would be helpful if you created a ticket detailing what you have in mind.
<fasseg>awoods: Could be both, I'm just guessing that stuff like admin email, and some descriptive content about the repository will have other use-cases as well09:42
<awoods>fasseg: could be. Those use cases have not yet surfaced, however.
<fasseg>like a simple "contact admin" button or sth...09:43
awoods: So I'll create a feature req ticket for having such information in a centralized place...09:45
<awoods>fasseg: sounds good
<gregjansen>awoods: is there a better channel to ask a fcrepo3 question?
<awoods>gregjansen: a better IRC channel? no09:48
<gregjansen>awoods: kthx, will ask it here then
F3 query: Anyone know if you can create a *managed* XML datastream by embedding the XML in your FOXML? It seems to always end up inline for me.09:50
* awead joins
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "See the following page for the top-priority tests: ""
<awoods>gregjansen: isn't that the definition of inlined-xml?09:51
<gregjansen>awoods: well, I thought I could transport the xml via FOXML while having fcrepo3 save it separately.. 1 rest call for the whole thing.09:52
* escowles joins09:53
<gregjansen>awoods: I think I may have dreamed it.
<pivotal-bot____>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Assessment+Plan+-+Pe�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247430
Frank Asseg added "Allow admins to manage descriptive content about the repository and make the content available." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482904
Frank Asseg edited "Allow admins to manage descriptive content about the repository and make the content available" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290409:54
Andrew Woods added "Should Content-Disposition and Content-Length be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299609:55
Andrew Woods edited "Should Content-Disposition and Content-Length be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
* awead leaves09:56
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "409 conflict for fcrepo:lastModified" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148315409:57
Andrew Woods edited "409 conflict for fcrepo:lastModified" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483154
* MohamedAR1 joins
* MohamedAR2 joins09:58
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Update documentation about too many children of a node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7965211809:59
* MohamedAR leaves10:00
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods deleted "Remove implicit versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80766968
* MohamedAR1 leaves10:02
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Unit and Integration tests to 75%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148392610:05
Andrew Woods edited "Unit and Integration tests to 75%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
Andrew Woods edited "Unit and Integration tests to 75%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
* scossu joins10:13
<awoods>osmandin: are you on this sprint?
<osmandin>awoods: no, I have time here and there. I'm on the next one though.10:14
<awoods>osmandin: in which case, I will need to have someone else look at the UNH problem.10:15
osmandin: it is a high priority, and likely high-touch with UNH
<osmandin>awoods: ok10:16
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Test OAI-PMH module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636010:27
Andrew Woods edited "Test OAI-PMH module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636010:28
* longshou joins10:33
<osmandin>afk10:34
<barmintor>awoods: is there a sprint planning meeting in-progress?10:38
<awoods>barmintor: in 22min
<barmintor>awoods: this explains why there’s no one in the room :P
<awoods>barmintor: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-10-27+Sprint27+Planning+Meeting10:39
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "UCSD Beta Pilot" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8065352210:40
Andrew Woods edited "UCSD Beta Pilot" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80653522
Chris Beer added comment: "+1 to including the fcrepo4 version somewhere. Isn't the rest best managed as ordinary triples on the root node�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148290410:51
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-T2 build #35: UNSTABLE in 4 min 23 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-T2/35/10:52
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Include content-length and content-disposition headers in HEAD requests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148926810:53
* MohamedAR joins
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/issues/590" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81489268
<cbeer>awoods: i saw your comments on #588, but did you look at https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/587 at all? It should be both non-controversial (breaking broken things) and significantly improves our RDF support.10:56
(and is the one with a ticket attached...)
* awoods leaves
* MohamedAR2 leaves10:57
<cbeer>intellij--
* MohamedAR leaves
* scossu leaves11:00
* MohamedAR joins11:01
<osmandin>afk
* awoods joins11:08
<fasseg>awoods: I updated the oai provider by dropping fcrepo-generator-dc and having a dedicated JcrPropertiesGenerator that reads some of the jcr properties to create an oai_dc response.11:23
Im off for a break now, but would appreciate any feedback..11:24
* scossu joins
* scossu leaves11:26
* scossu joins11:35
* scossu1 joins11:37
* github-ff joins11:39
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 2 new commits to cbeer-rdf-types: http://git.io/02SECg
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 3859dd0 Chris Beer: Add more real-world RDF examples
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 9be06a3 Chris Beer: Never try to treat an XSDDateTime as a JCR DATE; there's just too many incompatible notions.
* github-ff leaves
* scossu leaves
<barmintor>that makes sense11:42
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #2482: FAILURE in 6 min 0 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2482/11:45
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Armintor started "Unit and Integration tests to 75%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148392611:58
Benjamin Armintor unstarted "Unit and Integration tests to 75%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81483926
Benjamin Armintor started "Remove dead code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8095925211:59
<barmintor>SOLD
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added comment: "Current status: ""12:08
- Loaded 71K works, plus 11K authority records -- totaling 82K objects, 748K files and 5.1TB �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80653522
* acoburn joins12:12
<pivotal-bot____>Longshou Situ edited "Adding datastream without file in HTML UI causes ugly error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7884734812:14
Longshou Situ edited "Make FedoraFileSystemConnector Read-Only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80775226
Chris Beer estimated "Mixing URI and literal types should work" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141132412:17
Chris Beer started "Mixing URI and literal types should work" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411324
Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed edited "Debug UNH issue" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8144350612:20
Mohamed Mohideen Abdul Rasheed edited "Ensure functionality fcrepo-webapp-plus" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8143362812:22
Jonathan Roby started "Test OAI-PMH module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636012:24
* nikhiltri joins12:25
* nikhiltri leaves12:26
* nikhiltri joins12:27
* can-of-bees joins12:43
<pivotal-bot____>Kevin Clarke added "Migrate packer-graphite to fcrepo4-labs and add Fedora-specific documentation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8150429012:44
<ksclarke>awoods is there a way to make (grinder) subtickets in pivotal or just reference the existing (parent) ticket?12:47
<pivotal-bot____>Longshou Situ added comment: "@ajs6f Exactly. At the time when I was working on ticket 79143930 for the SPARQL recipes bug the spring befo�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8025958612:55
Longshou Situ started "The sparql recipes no longer pass for 4.0.0-beta-04-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7914393012:57
<cbeer>awoods: what needs to happen to reach resolution re: fcr:sparql?
* longshou leaves12:58
<pivotal-bot____>Kevin Clarke started "Scripted Graphite server " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7965227813:00
<awoods>ksclarke: pivotal has no support for sub-tickets... you can just cross-reference them with '#<ticket-number>'13:04
<ksclarke>awoods: okay, thanks
<awoods>cbeer: I was in the midst of responding to scossu and then touching base with fedora-leaders.13:05
cbeer: do you want a quick chat first?
<cbeer>awoods: well, i'm either going to spend too much time fixing up fcr:sparql to support https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411324, or i'm going to build this on top of #588 instead.13:06
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Mixing URI and literal types should work (started) / owner: Chris Beer
* acoburn leaves13:08
<awoods>cbeer: Unfortunately, since internal-search has been on the feature list for over a year now, we can not unilaterally remove it without providing the opportunity for stakeholders to voice their opinions.13:09
<cbeer>awoods: ok. i'll build it on #587 then. it'll just have to be ugly.13:10
* acoburn joins13:34
* longshou joins13:41
<ksclarke>just curious, is anyone else getting "Failed to transfer file: http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/fcrepo/fcrepo-serialization/4.0.0-beta-04-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml. Return code is: 503 , ReasonPhrase:Service Temporarily Unavailable." from a Maven build?13:52
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added "URI properties that look like repository URIs shouldn't fail if that URI isn't a valid node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81514334
Esme Cowles started "URI properties that look like repository URIs shouldn't fail if that URI isn't a valid node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81514334
Jared Whiklo added comment: "@osmandin I tried this again using the latest commits and it is better then before. But, if you dont' choose �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7884734813:54
<awoods>ksclarke: I have not seen it
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "@jaredwhiklo, I would advocate for the latter solution, as we do not currently raise any JS errors." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7884734813:56
<cbeer>escowles: I think you probably want to hold off on https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8151433413:57
<pivotal-bot____>bug: URI properties that look like repository URIs shouldn't fail if that URI isn't a valid node (started) / owner: Esme Cowles
<cbeer>escowles: that code is in a pretty big state of flux13:58
<escowles>cbeer: do you think that'll be resolved soon?
<cbeer>escowles: i sure hope so.13:59
escowles: i also want a chance to argue why that's a bad idea, unless we also come up with a way of adding the reference properties when the refered-to object is created.14:00
<escowles>cbeer: i'm not convinced that the particular use case is a good idea (i think sufia should change the order of creating objects)14:01
but if a property is defined as URI, we shouldn't have an error because it *looks like* a repository URI
<cbeer>escowles: you shouldn't have things that look like repository URIs that aren't.14:02
plain and simple.
by using fcrepo4, you've delegated responsiblity for that namespace to fcrepo4, and we seemingly care about integrity.
the one thing i wish we did, but is non-trivial, is make that URI -> reference property stuff happen on session#save, instead of immediately14:03
so you could start a transaction, do a bunch of stuff, and then have it turn out right.
<escowles>cbeer: that would be nice (and could in theory handle the sufia use case)14:04
<cbeer>escowles: actually, what is sufia doing that it needs that behavior?
<escowles>it's creating two objects (a file and a batch) and it creates the object that links to the other one first, and then creating the linked-to object second14:05
<cbeer>escowles: it creates the file first, or the batch first?14:06
<escowles>it creates the file first (which links to the batch), and then creates the batch14:07
* fasseg leaves14:08
<cbeer>escowles: why? that seems totally backwards (and, if they did it the other way, they could use LDP containers for the batches..)
<escowles>cbeer: i know, it seems strange to me and i've said so -- i don't know why they are doing it that way or how hard it would be to change14:09
cbeer: i've tagged you in https://github.com/projecthydra/active_fedora/issues/476 which is probably a better place to hash it out (though awead is out sick today, so i doubt we'll get an immediate response)
<cbeer>escowles: thanks14:14
* scossu1 leaves14:45
<jcoyne>escowles: I think this can be remedied by Sufia using something like Batch.find_or_create_by_id('blah')14:52
<escowles>jcoyne: that sounds pretty easy14:53
<jcoyne>escowles: Are predicates weak references by default?14:54
escowles: If I just use some new predicate http://example.com/batch, would that be weak or strong?14:55
<escowles>jcoyne: i think they are strong references
and regardless of whether they are strong, weak or URI, if they look like repo URIs, they have to exist
<jcoyne>escowles: Okay, still not a show stopper.14:56
escowles: if REFERENCE is the default, why does this exist? https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel-impl/src/main/resources/fedora-node-types.cnd#L46-L70
<escowles>jcoyne: so they are explicitly included in objects14:57
<jcoyne>What is "they"? Predicates?14:59
<pivotal-bot____>Kevin Clarke deleted "Migrate packer-graphite to fcrepo4-labs and add Fedora-specific documentation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81504290
<cbeer>escowles, jcoyne: don't worry about that code. in my branch, it's all going away, but the general point still stands. if it's in the repository's namespace, it's under the repository's control and the repository will enforce referential integrity.15:00
<jcoyne>cbeer: Yay! It's just confusing because I though that "everything" was a REFERENCE, so I didn't understand why only some predicates are defined as REFERENCE in that cnd file.15:01
<cbeer>jcoyne: yeah, there's code elsewhere that takes any URI that comes in and is in the repository namespace and turns it into a hidden reference.
<jcoyne>cbeer++ thanks for the explanation.15:02
<osmandin>afk15:04
* scossu joins15:15
* github-ff joins15:17
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 8 new commits to cbeer-rdf-types: http://git.io/I-HJPQ
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 8f5fcf1 Chris Beer: Delete should also remove WEAKREFERENCE properties
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types efc1299 Chris Beer: remove explicit typing for fcrepo3 relations and dc predicates
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types b7588ef Chris Beer: non-modeshape nodes are, by definition, not external.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:19
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed cbeer-rdf-types from 11c264a to cc9f7d9: http://git.io/W7NFIQ
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 2a49aeb Chris Beer: Remove testSimpleFilterReturningJcrPropertyValueWithCondition, which is no longer a special case
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types cc9f7d9 Chris Beer: Activate Vivo integration test
* github-ff leaves
* scossu leaves15:23
* travis-ci joins15:26
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2986 (cbeer-rdf-types - 11c264a : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/9be06a3ddee8...11c264a7ffec
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39186728
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox joins15:27
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed cbeer-rdf-types from cc9f7d9 to ad4480a: http://git.io/W7NFIQ
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 72316aa Chris Beer: Remove testSimpleFilterReturningJcrPropertyValueWithCondition, which is no longer a special case
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types ad4480a Chris Beer: Activate Vivo integration test
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:28
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed cbeer-rdf-types from ad4480a to 839b3cd: http://git.io/W7NFIQ
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 10ccb83 Chris Beer: Never try to treat an XSDDateTime as a JCR DATE; there's just too many incompatible notions.
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 18d809f Chris Beer: Delete should also remove WEAKREFERENCE properties
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 7da3a50 Chris Beer: remove explicit typing for fcrepo3 relations and dc predicates
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2988 (cbeer-rdf-types - cc9f7d9 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/11c264a7ffec...cc9f7d95c44c
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39186888
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins15:32
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #588: Kill the jcr type system (cbeer-rdf-types...kill-the-jcr-type-system) http://git.io/2IZyTg
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>awoods: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/587 is ready to go, i hope.15:33
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81399940
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Support the full range of RDF datatypes (finished) / owner: Chris Beer
* travis-ci joins15:34
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2990 (cbeer-rdf-types - ad4480a : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/cc9f7d95c44c...ad4480a58b5b
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39187511
* travis-ci leaves
<jonroby>awoods: I'm trying to integrate the OAI and i'm getting a ClassNotFoundException for org.fcrepo.generator.dublincore.JcrPropertiesGenerator??15:35
(thats when i've followed the instructions and trying to start tomcat7)15:36
* acoburn leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer finished "Mixing URI and literal types should work" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141132415:38
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/587" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411324
* acoburn joins
<awoods>jonroby: hmm, that is too bad. let me give it a look.15:39
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!15:40
Project fcrepo4 build #2483: FIXED in 23 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2483/
<jonroby>awoods: think its from the oai.xml generated by the oaiprovider
<acoburn>if I add a non-rdf datastream to a node, shouldn't a HEAD request return the correct Content-Type header? I am seeing a header value of text/tab-separated-values. GET requests return the correct value15:42
<awoods>jonroby: yes, it looks like you need to change https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-oaiprovider/blob/master/src/main/resources/spring/oai.xml#L12 to:
org.fcrepo.oai.dublincore.JcrPropertiesGenerator15:43
<jonroby>awoods: thanks
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Should Content-Disposition and Content-Length be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299615:44
Andrew Woods deleted "Include content-length and content-disposition headers in HEAD requests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81489268
<awoods>acoburn: It looks like your issue may be related to: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Should Content-Disposition and Content-Length be part of a HEAD response? (unstarted) / owner:
<cbeer>acoburn: looking at the code, i'm surprised the Content-Type is getting set to anything. tack it onto that ticket, i guess.
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #299: UNSTABLE in 5 min 13 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/299/15:45
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #806: UNSTABLE in 5 min 56 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/806/15:46
<pivotal-bot____>Aaron Coburn edited "Should Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299615:47
<acoburn>awoods: I added this to the ticket you referenced15:48
<awoods>acoburn: thanks
* github-ff joins15:52
[fcrepo4] cbeer created jcr-string-types (+1 new commit): http://git.io/acZTGQ
fcrepo4/jcr-string-types ae99659 Chris Beer: Leniently handle non-well-formed data and faithfully reproduce it on output
* github-ff leaves
<jonroby>awoods: so how does this work with the oaiprovider? branch using an fcrepo-xxxxx name? commit back to the oaiprovider project?
<awoods>jonroby: what?
* acoburn leaves15:53
<jonroby>awoods: well, its not part of the fcrepo4 git, correct?
<awoods>jonroby: what is "it"?
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #591: Leniently handle non-well-formed data and faithfully reproduce it on output (cbeer-rdf-types...jcr-string-types) http://git.io/KjpCYA
* github-ff leaves
<jonroby>awoods: oaiprovider
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/591" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8138061415:54
* acoburn joins
<awoods>jonroby: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-oaiprovider is an external module, yes.
<jonroby>awoods: so my question is whats the procuedre for code changes? branch my copy? commit back and tell you?15:55
<awoods>jonroby: oh, yes. Fork the repo, make your updates to a feature-branch, push your branch to your fork, then create a PR from your fork back to the master branch of the main repo. Then add a link in the pivotal ticket to your PR.15:57
<jonroby>awoods: and give the branch an "fcrepo-xxxxxx" where xxxxx is the ticket number type name?15:58
<awoods>jonroby: using such a naming convention is a good practice, but not required.15:59
<jonroby>awoods: ok, I just wanted to make sure before I do stuff. Thank you and sorry for being confusing
<awoods>jonroby: no worries, thanks for getting it done!16:00
* scossu joins16:04
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer finished "How should we handle invalid RDF literal values?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8138061416:11
Chris Beer edited "Leniently handle invalid RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
Chris Beer edited "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8138061416:12
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/587" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
Chris Beer estimated "Handling incoming RDF with datetime without a timezone" as 0 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
Chris Beer started "Handling incoming RDF with datetime without a timezone" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
Chris Beer finished "Handling incoming RDF with datetime without a timezone" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
* github-ff joins16:16
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to cbeer-rdf-types: http://git.io/SWJkIw
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 130f851 Chris Beer: Leniently handle non-well-formed data and faithfully reproduce it on output
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted jcr-string-types at ae99659: http://git.io/f32VAA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/587" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
Kevin Clarke added comment: "I exposed the additional AWS configs and also changed the defaults so it shouldn't need a VPC to run. I updat�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7965227816:23
Kevin Clarke finished "Scripted Graphite server " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79652278
* travis-ci joins16:25
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2992 (cbeer-rdf-types - 839b3cd : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/ad4480a58b5b...839b3cdca6eb
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39187594
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves16:29
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!16:38
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #808: FIXED in 6 min 58 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/808/
* osmandin leaves16:41
* github-ff joins16:44
[fcrepo4] nikhiltri opened pull request #592: Test velocity templates - take 2 (master...test-velocity-tesmplates-take-2) http://git.io/bPsNwA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Nikhil Trivedi added comment: "@awoods: Here are the updates on a fresh branch: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/592" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
Nikhil Trivedi started "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
Nikhil Trivedi finished "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
Andrew Woods added comment: "Thanks, @nikhiltri " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780416:45
Andrew Woods added comment: "@nikhiltri, my process is: ""16:49
1. git pull
2. git checkout --track origin/pull/592
3. git rebase master
In order�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
Kevin Clarke added "Setup and document installing Grinder on AWS" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8153572416:51
Stefano Cossu added comment: "Works for me. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8095240816:52
Nikhil Trivedi added comment: "In #3, does "master" refer to fcrepo4 master, or aicdams-lake master? If the latter, we haven't been keepin�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780416:53
* gregjansen leaves16:58
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer started "Should Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299616:59
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!17:00
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #302: FIXED in 3 min 49 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/302/
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "#3 does refer to fcrepo4 master." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780417:12
* travis-ci joins17:19
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2996 (cbeer-rdf-types - 130f851 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/839b3cdca6eb...130f851688b3
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39192305
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "Yes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299617:27
Chris Beer finished "Should Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type be part of a HEAD response?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
Andrew Woods added comment: "Moved to fcrepo4-labs: ""
https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-packer-graphite" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79652278
Andrew Woods delivered "Scripted Graphite server " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79652278
* github-ff joins17:28
[fcrepo4] cbeer created content-headers (+1 new commit): http://git.io/Ily8ZQ
fcrepo4/content-headers 16c4e24 Chris Beer: Add Content headers to the HEAD response for a resource
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/593" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
* github-ff joins17:29
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #593: Add Content headers to the HEAD response for a resource (master...content-headers) http://git.io/kxCbVw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type should be part of a HEAD response" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
Chris Beer added comment: "Not a bug." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148315417:30
* dwilcox joins
<pivotal-bot____>Jonathan Roby added comment: "For added simplicity, the instructions could say "After restarting Fedora 4 the OAI Provider is available at�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148636017:40
* acoburn leaves17:42
<pivotal-bot____>Nikhil Trivedi added comment: "Works for me, too." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8095240817:51
* jonroby leaves18:01
* MohamedAR leaves18:02
* jcoyne leaves18:06
* can-of-bees leaves18:12
* ksclarke leaves18:24
* scossu leaves18:45
* github-ff joins18:52
[fcrepo4] cbeer created ldp-containers (+1 new commit): http://git.io/Fw1aiQ
fcrepo4/ldp-containers d88f709 Chris Beer: LDP container types
* github-ff leaves
* nikhiltri leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending responses to code review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8138061418:56
Andrew Woods rejected "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
<cbeer>awoods: all set? i'll push my fixes
<awoods>cbeer: yes, it is all you18:57
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer started "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
Chris Beer finished "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed cbeer-rdf-types from 130f851 to d9243bd: http://git.io/W7NFIQ
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types 8c88292 Chris Beer: Round-trip all XSD types without semanic lossiness
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types a91c46b Chris Beer: Never try to treat an XSDDateTime as a JCR DATE; there's just too many incompatible notions.
fcrepo4/cbeer-rdf-types e84d26a Chris Beer: Delete should also remove WEAKREFERENCE properties
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/78b8425c76ab252f9f8afaa283677ad07aa3884b#commitcomment-832304218:58
* travis-ci joins19:04
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3001 (ldp-containers - d88f709 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/d88f709ee179
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39207739
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #304: UNSTABLE in 4 min 40 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/304/19:09
* github-ff joins19:10
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #587: Support the full range of RDF datatypes (master...cbeer-rdf-types) http://git.io/DjJoPw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted cbeer-rdf-types at d9243bd: http://git.io/bCYJ8A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Support the full range of RDF datatypes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81399940
Andrew Woods delivered "Mixing URI and literal types should work" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141132419:11
Andrew Woods delivered "Handling incoming RDF with datetime without a timezone" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
Andrew Woods added comment: "@nikhiltri, I am still unable to rebase your updates. :(" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780419:15
Andrew Woods rejected "Velocity templates should be called for ascenedant primary types" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79207804
* travis-ci joins19:23
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3003 (master - 321c1b2 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/5e6bb8715287...321c1b22a907
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39209460
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #812: UNSTABLE in 5 min 16 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/812/
Yippee, build fixed!19:34
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #306: FIXED in 3 min 46 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/306/
* dwilcox leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!19:36
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #813: FIXED in 5 min 23 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/813/
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type should be part of a HEAD response" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8148299619:45
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/KVTeOQ
fcrepo4/master d67b0fa Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #593 from fcrepo4/content-headers...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods I see the big change in the RDF output for LDP support and the corresponding changes in the message �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7914393019:52
* travis-ci joins20:00
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3004 (master - d67b0fa : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/321c1b22a907...d67b0fadea21
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39212587
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Longshou Situ started "Make FedoraFileSystemConnector Read-Only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8077522620:02
Andrew Woods added comment: "Thank you, @longshous.20:12
re:1 - sounds good
re:2 - Setting resource/fcr:metadata to indexing:indexable makes se�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79143930
Andrew Woods accepted "Content-Disposition, Content-Length and Content-Type should be part of a HEAD response" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81482996
Andrew Woods accepted "Leniently handle non-well-formed RDF literal values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81380614
Andrew Woods accepted "Support the full range of RDF datatypes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81399940
Andrew Woods accepted "Mixing URI and literal types should work" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411324
Andrew Woods accepted "Handling incoming RDF with datetime without a timezone" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411376
Andrew Woods accepted "Scripted Graphite server " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79652278
* jcoyne joins20:15
* jcoyne leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer estimated "Make LDP containers optional" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141141620:22
Chris Beer started "Make LDP containers optional" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411416
* jcoyne joins20:36
* jcoyne leaves20:47
* nikhiltri joins20:48
* awead joins20:53
* jcoyne joins21:07
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer finished "Make LDP containers optional" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141141621:17
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-containers from d88f709 to 48c9928: http://git.io/KIdBxA
fcrepo4/ldp-containers 461295d Chris Beer: LDP container types
fcrepo4/ldp-containers 48c9928 Chris Beer: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-containers from 48c9928 to bcd5953: http://git.io/KIdBxA
fcrepo4/ldp-containers bcd5953 Chris Beer: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/594" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81411416
* github-ff joins21:18
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #594: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container (master...ldp-containers) http://git.io/Fwj9SQ
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3005 (ldp-containers - 48c9928 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/d88f709ee179...48c99281de71
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39219453
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox joins21:19
* travis-ci joins21:28
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3006 (ldp-containers - bcd5953 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/48c99281de71...bcd5953f9b28
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39219485
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves21:30
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4-client build #266: UNSTABLE in 2 min 18 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-client/266/21:31
* awead leaves21:32
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #308: UNSTABLE in 4 min 9 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/308/21:33
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-containers from bcd5953 to 92ffb11: http://git.io/KIdBxA
fcrepo4/ldp-containers 92ffb11 Chris Beer: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container...
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #815: UNSTABLE in 5 min 54 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/815/21:34
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer started "Make LDP containers optional" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8141141621:36
* travis-ci joins21:43
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3008 (ldp-containers - 92ffb11 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/bcd5953f9b28...92ffb11a1fa8
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39220316
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!21:57
Project fcrepo4-client build #268: FIXED in 2 min 11 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-client/268/
Yippee, build fixed!22:02
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #310: FIXED in 6 min 30 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/310/
* jcoyne leaves22:04
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!
Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #817: FIXED in 9 min 21 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/817/
* longshou leaves22:20
* nikhiltri leaves22:35
* jcoyne joins22:42
* dwilcox joins23:12
* dwilcox leaves23:16
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves23:40
* jcoyne leaves00:21
* dwilcox joins00:51
* github-ff joins01:12
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-containers from 92ffb11 to e785707: http://git.io/KIdBxA
fcrepo4/ldp-containers e785707 Chris Beer: Fedora objects can be any type of LDP container...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins01:24
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#3010 (ldp-containers - e785707 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/92ffb11a1fa8...e78570744d94
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/39230848
* travis-ci leaves

Generated by Sualtam