Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* Jotudin leaves07:37
* Jotudin joins
* dwilcox joins07:43
* scossu joins07:48
* scossu leaves07:54
* nikhiltri joins08:00
* nikhiltri leaves08:02
* MohamedAR joins08:46
* gregjansen joins09:11
* osmandin joins09:28
* ksclarke joins09:38
* awead joins09:50
* gregjansen leaves10:21
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Create HTML view of tombstoned resource" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8096255010:22
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/q3-ilw
fcrepo4/master 8dea13f Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #561 from fcrepo4/exclude-tombstones...
* github-ff leaves
* jonroby joins10:27
<pivotal-bot____>Jonathan Roby started "Cleanup Modeshape config properties exposed at root of repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75047684
Chris Beer added "Rename "graphSubjects" fields to something better." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8110784410:30
Chris Beer started "Rename "graphSubjects" fields to something better." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81107844
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer created idTranslator (+1 new commit): http://git.io/MrnjRA
fcrepo4/idTranslator df6cb6a Chris Beer: Rename GraphSubjects to idConverter
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/571" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81107844
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #571: Rename GraphSubjects to idConverter (master...idTranslator) http://git.io/DVIOmg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "LDP Link headers should include an anchor parameters when the requested resource doesn't match the resource-the-li�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8101854610:32
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/GNNxBg
fcrepo4/master 22ac6be Chris Beer: Ensure generated link headers include an anchor parameter as needed...
fcrepo4/master 075d5b6 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #563 from fcrepo4/link-anchor...
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #759: FAILURE in 16 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/759/10:33
* github-ff joins10:34
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed idTranslator from df6cb6a to 0edd28a: http://git.io/dA5sDA
fcrepo4/idTranslator 0edd28a Chris Beer: Rename GraphSubjects to idConverter
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins10:40
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2859 (master - 8dea13f : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/f0e5de44b7e7...8dea13f7cd74
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38610589
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins10:41
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2860 (idTranslator - df6cb6a : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/df6cb6a9e5eb
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38611413
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins10:42
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed hash-uris from 08490d0 to 325568d: http://git.io/kImgaA
fcrepo4/hash-uris 325568d Chris Beer: Mark the hash-uri container as a pairtree node, exclude it from Resource#getChildren() requests, and ensure clients can't create 'deep' hash uri resources from a request body
* github-ff leaves
* scossu joins10:43
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #2419: FAILURE in 26 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2419/
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer finished "Rename "graphSubjects" fields to something better." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8110784410:44
Chris Beer finished "Constrain newly realized hash-uri resources to existing resources only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81034970
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:45
Project fcrepo4-client build #195: FIXED in 1 min 38 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4-client/195/
* github-ff joins10:47
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed idTranslator from 0edd28a to 4aa3e64: http://git.io/dA5sDA
fcrepo4/idTranslator 4aa3e64 Chris Beer: Rename GraphSubjects to idConverter
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins10:48
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2862 (master - 075d5b6 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/8dea13f7cd74...075d5b6c9932
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38611585
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins10:52
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2863 (idTranslator - 0edd28a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/df6cb6a9e5eb...0edd28ad876e
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38611806
* travis-ci leaves
* awead leaves10:57
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:58
Project fcrepo4 build #2420: FIXED in 10 min: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo4/2420/
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] osmandin opened pull request #572: Fix version view error (master...80964216-PR-1) http://git.io/43Lzow
* github-ff leaves
* awead joins
* travis-ci joins11:00
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2864 (hash-uris - 325568d : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/08490d02f295...325568dadc4c
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38612613
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din added comment: "Patch. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/57211:01
Still need to debug and fix the underlying functionality (p�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80964216
* travis-ci joins11:07
fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2866 (idTranslator - 4aa3e64 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/0edd28ad876e...4aa3e6498597
Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/38613164
* travis-ci leaves
* nikhiltri joins11:18
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din added comment: "Patch. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/572" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8096421611:21
Osman Din finished "Version view error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80964216
Chris Beer added "Verify fcrepo4 against LDP published examples" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81112310
<nikhiltri>Is there anything I can do to help merge this pull request in? https://www.pivotaltracker.com/n/projects/684825/stories/8056807611:22
* github-ff joins11:24
[fcrepo-message-consumer] escowles created rdf-serializer (+2 new commits): http://git.io/mIcKSg
fcrepo-message-consumer/rdf-serializer 9a3893c Esmé Cowles: Adding RDF serializer, refactoring JCR/XML serializer
fcrepo-message-consumer/rdf-serializer e86991c Esmé Cowles: Wiring up RDF persistence in webapp
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-message-consumer/pull/58" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8105351211:25
Esme Cowles finished "Add RDF serializer to message consumer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81053512
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-message-consumer] escowles opened pull request #58: Adding RDF serializer module (master...rdf-serializer) http://git.io/h_L5dQ
* github-ff leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-message-consumer build #762: NOW UNSTABLE in 4 min 5 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-message-consumer/762/11:28
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Require version label" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8101156811:30
* osmandin leaves11:36
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "At least the wiki is no longer outright wrong." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7960049211:43
Chris Beer started "Update Batch and /fcr:content documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79492386
Chris Beer finished "Update Batch and /fcr:content documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79492386
Chris Beer added comment: "Gone." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/79492386
Chris Beer edited "Fix Sonar blockers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81068356
* osmandin joins12:16
* github-ff joins12:17
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted ldp-rdf-source at 53e2b1a: http://git.io/8YResA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Include ldp:RDFSource assertions in the generated RDF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81024068
* github-ff joins12:23
[fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/OxGASw
fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/master d33556b Andrew Woods: Update fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl due to upstream changes....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "RBACL: ""12:24
https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/commit/d33556b20d02df33b015e51b3de17c385dc0c5f1
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80568076
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!12:26
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #240: FIXED in 3 min 14 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/240/
awoods: Update fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl due to upstream changes.
<awoods>cbeer: An unfortunate consequence of the tombstone approach (namely, that when a resource is deleted another tombstone resource is created) is that anyone who can delete resources needs to have rights on the parent resource to create children.12:31
<cbeer>awoods: or we create tombstones with a system user.12:32
<awoods> cbeer: that is possible, I suppose
<cbeer>awoods: i also wonder if that's a likely scenario... you can delete all our content, but you can't add any.12:33
<awoods>cbeer: I think the scenario is that you can delete content in this portion of the repo12:34
cbeer: the tombstone impl now requires that you have rights in your portion of the repo... and on the resource one level up.
cbeer: I assume creating resource/fcr:tombstone was preferred over a simple tombstone property so that the old resource was actually removed (and its incoming relationships)?12:35
<cbeer>awoods: yes. much preferred.
awoods: adding a property is both vocabulary dependent and non-RESTful.
(and has a bunch of back-end knock on effects.. like the object isn't actually gone, so it wouldn't necessarily be purged from external indexes, would show up in fcr:sparql, would still assert reference relations, etc)12:37
<awoods>cbeer: and the rights issue is a relatively minor side effect.
cbeer: If a system user was required to create resource/fcr:tombstone, then the same would be true to remove the tombstone...12:38
which may have its own issues.
<cbeer>awoods: would it? if you had the power to remove a child node, don't you have power to remove a child node that's a tombstone?
(but i don't know anything about our authz impls.)
<awoods>cbeer: the ACLs can be attached to resources, and if they are not attached to a given resource, then the tree of parents is inspected for the first ACL12:40
<cbeer>awoods: that's our authz, or what we get from JCR?
<awoods>cbeer: the tree-walking is ours12:41
cbeer: JCR provides the plug-in point for making the authz decision
cbeer: in the case of deleting a resource, the ACL says a certain role can "write" to a resource and it children12:42
<cbeer>awoods: ok. maybe our authz implementation isn't operating at the right granularity.
<awoods>cbeer: Exactly. There is no ACL that says you can "write" my children, but not me.12:43
<cbeer>JCR seems to let you distinguish between writing to a resource and managing its children.
<awoods>cbeer: We likely need to tap into the "managing its children" bit.
cbeer: btw, I just had a call with awead and some PSU folks, and they are feeling the pain of the recent code-shuffling. I expect that they will be putting the issues on the table this week so that we can focus on helping them move the AF8/Sufia work forward.12:44
<cbeer>awoods: sounds like a job for someone who a) knows about authz, and b) cares about authz.
<awoods>cbeer: at least b)
<awead>@whocares authz
sorry, no zoia12:45
<cbeer>awead: probably the same response though.
<awead>hehe
* dwilcox leaves
<awoods>cbeer: thanks for the API work: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API12:48
* dwilcox joins
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles started "Datastreams in HTML view should have /fcr:metadata" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8095240812:56
<osmandin>AFK till 3 EDT for meetings etc13:04
<jonroby>is one click run broken?13:05
<cbeer>jonroby: what makes you think that?13:15
* acoburn joins13:16
<jonroby>I just get an error message, java.lang.NullPointerException. Not sure if its because i'm not supplying any config files or not13:17
<cbeer>jonroby: do you have the full stacktrace?13:18
<jonroby>yes, want me to paste it here?
<cbeer>jonroby: in a gist?
<jonroby>a what?13:19
<cbeer>https://gist.github.com/?
jonroby: i imagine it's long enough that you don't want to paste it here
<jonroby>ok, public or secret or doesn't matter?13:20
<cbeer>jonroby: no
<jonroby> robyj / gist:5a6eadb53b84e8da5c0513:21
cbeer: doh, sorry, the link is https://gist.github.com/robyj/5a6eadb53b84e8da5c0513:25
* github-ff joins13:30
[fcrepo4] escowles created link-to-ds-metadata (+1 new commit): http://git.io/qq_XGw
fcrepo4/link-to-ds-metadata 04b5ece Esmé Cowles: Linking to datastream fcr:metadata in HTML UI
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #573: Linking to datastream fcr:metadata in HTML UI (master...link-to-ds-metadata) http://git.io/u6Xizg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/573" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80952408
Esme Cowles finished "Datastreams in HTML view should have /fcr:metadata" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80952408
<jonroby>afk13:44
* acoburn leaves14:11
* acoburn joins14:18
<jonroby>not afk14:24
* nikhiltri leaves14:28
<cbeer>escowles: ping?14:45
<escowles>cbeer: pong
<cbeer>escowles: i've got a blank node question..
escowles: so, if we accept that LDP's definition of an LDPR: "An LDPR whose state is fully represented in RDF, corresponding to an RDF graph."14:46
escowles: if i post an unreferenced blank node to a resource, should that resource be obligated to hang onto it for me?14:47
i think i'm still leaning towards discarding in (current behavior), but that behavior just confused ndushay.14:48
(partly because blank nodes are confusing.)
<escowles>cbeer: i wouldn't think so -- without a link to it from the resource, it seems expendable to me
yes, bnodes are confusing, and skolemizing them makes them seem more real too
* nikhiltri joins15:11
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Sorry for the delay, @nikhiltri. I will review this PR this week." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780415:34
Nikhil Trivedi added comment: "@awoods Great, thanks!" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7920780415:35
* acoburn leaves15:41
* scossu1 joins15:54
* scossu leaves15:56
* acoburn joins16:07
* acoburn1 joins16:14
* acoburn leaves16:18
* github-ff joins16:23
[fcrepo4] osmandin opened pull request #574: Require version label (master...81011568-PR) http://git.io/JCqqRg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/574" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81011568
Osman Din finished "Require version label" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8101156816:24
* dwilcox leaves16:25
<osmandin>dwilcox: Just FYI, I updated the stand up page to correct the line that tried to capture the comment I made earlier today regarding my PR. Hope you don't mind. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-10-13+to+2014-10-24+Sprint26+Stand-up+Mtgs16:37
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Verify fcrepo-message-consumer FileSerializer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8079211016:40
Osman Din started "Move DefaultIdentifierTranslator.java to tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8092314016:42
* osmandin leaves17:02
* jonroby leaves17:33
* MohamedAR leaves17:35
* scossu1 leaves17:40
* scossu joins17:42
* scossu1 joins17:49
* scossu leaves17:51
* scossu1 leaves18:07
* ksclarke leaves18:16
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending response to code review comment." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8096421618:17
Andrew Woods rejected "Version view error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8096421618:18
Andrew Woods edited "Version view error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80964216
* github-ff joins18:36
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/XT65Qg
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/master 2bc5a2e Andrew Woods: Update fcrepo-module-auth-xacml due to upstream changes....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "XACML: ""
https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/commit/2bc5a2e60a726fdb5960b4a3e675d8b3583e1ced" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80568076
Andrew Woods delivered "Maintain fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/xacml build" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/80568076
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!18:37
Project fcrepo-module-auth-xacml build #269: FIXED in 1 min 40 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/269/
awoods: Update fcrepo-module-auth-xacml due to upstream changes.
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Document RDF Serializer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8115419618:57
Andrew Woods edited "Document RDF Serializer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/81154196
Andrew Woods added comment: "Follow-on documentation ticket #81154196" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/8105351218:58
* nikhiltri leaves18:59
* acoburn1 leaves19:44
* awead leaves20:06
* ajwagner leaves20:20
* ajwagner joins20:26
* awead joins20:49
* ksclarke joins21:33
* awead leaves22:33
* awead joins22:35
* awead leaves22:38
* awead joins23:14
* awead leaves23:29
* scossu joins23:48

Generated by Sualtam