Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:49
<pivotal-bot__>Esme Cowles started "Define Object "Delete" Strategy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5461105007:25
* github-ff joins07:27
[ontology] escowles pushed 1 new commit to resource-status: http://git.io/MHpHEg
ontology/resource-status d1a229f Esmé Cowles: Adding domain=fcrepo:Resource to status property
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've added a domain=fcrepo:Resource to the new status property: https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology/pull/6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54611050
Esme Cowles finished "Define Object "Delete" Strategy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5461105007:28
Esme Cowles started "Implement SPARQL Update support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77109530
* dwilcox joins07:31
* dwilcox leaves07:37
* mohamed joins08:25
* fasseg joins08:38
* pmurray joins08:43
* pmurray leaves
* pmurray joins
<fasseg>@awoods: this is the OAI provider prototype. There are still some issues, but you should be able to try it out...08:48
https://github.com/fasseg/fcrepo-oaiprovider
* fasseg leaves09:03
* dwilcox joins09:06
* mohamed leaves09:12
* whikloj joins
* gregjansen joins09:14
* ruebot leaves09:21
* ruebot joins
* gregjansen leaves09:27
* mohamed joins09:29
<awoods>That is great, fasseg. I will get in contact with some of the stakeholders who have asked for it, to get their feedback.09:40
* dwilcox leaves09:52
* dwilcox joins09:57
* whikloj_ joins10:03
* mohamed1 joins
* dwilcox leaves10:06
* mohamed leaves10:14
* whikloj leaves
* github-ff joins10:17
[ontology] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/z5Mb7Q
ontology/master 53b7664 Esmé Cowles: Add status property and ResourceStatus class with active and deleted individuals...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology/commit/53b76648af2c9fcc55e6e8683f2f48c314d660ab" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54611050
Andrew Woods delivered "Define Object "Delete" Strategy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5461105010:18
* github-ff joins
[ontology] awoods closed pull request #6: Resource status (master...resource-status) http://git.io/IgcYdA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods accepted "Update Prefer/Preference-Applied headers to match RFC 7240" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7810825810:27
Andrew Woods accepted "Define Object "Delete" Strategy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54611050
Andrew Woods accepted "Add Link type header for LDP-NR resources " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78046460
* dwilcox joins10:43
* ksclarke joins10:45
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods edited "Federation file-handle leak" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7806923010:46
Andrew Woods added comment: "I see this error when running the following command: ""10:48
* barmintor joins10:49
<pivotal-bot__>mvn jetty:run -Dlog.fcrepo.http.api=DEBU�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78069230
Andrew Woods added comment: "The error comes when executing: ""
curl http://localhost:8080/rest/fed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78069230
* scossu joins10:50
<pivotal-bot__>Jared Whiklo started "Use dependency type instead of classifier to reuse test code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7471810610:54
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] whikloj opened pull request #453: Replacing <classifier>tests</classifier> with <type>test-jar</type> (master...topic-74718106) http://git.io/AwHyOg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Jared Whiklo added comment: "Updated 4 pom.xml files with required changes. https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/453" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7471810610:56
Jared Whiklo finished "Use dependency type instead of classifier to reuse test code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/74718106
* tecoripa joins10:59
* ermadmix joins11:01
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-09-04+-+Fedora+Committer+Meeting
* Yinlin joins11:07
<ruebot>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Acceptance+Testing11:25
* tecoripa leaves11:26
* Yinlin leaves11:40
<escowles___>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Deleting+Resources11:50
* mikeAtUVa joins11:51
<awoods>scossu: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54611050
<pivotal-bot__>feature: Define Object "Delete" Strategy (accepted) / owner: Esme Cowles
* escowles___ leaves11:52
* mikeAtUVa leaves
* escowles joins
* ermadmix leaves12:08
<awoods>afk... construction in my office for the next 30/45min12:21
* mohamed joins12:46
* github-ff joins12:48
[fcrepo4-client] escowles opened pull request #11: Implementing SPARQL Update and RDF updates (master...sparql-update) http://git.io/vulPIg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/pull/11" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77109530
Esme Cowles estimated "Implement SPARQL Update support" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77109530
Esme Cowles finished "Implement SPARQL Update support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77109530
* mohamed1 leaves12:49
* mohamed leaves
* mohamed joins12:50
<pivotal-bot__>Giulia HILL started "Unit test: metrics.ReporterFactory" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77113576
* whikloj_ leaves13:08
* mohamed leaves
* mohamed1 joins
* github-ff joins13:31
[fcrepo4] cbeer created ldp-conformance (+1 new commit): http://git.io/vJOSww
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance ba90dd7 Chris Beer: Add OPTIONS verb for .../fcr:content requests
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-conformance from ba90dd7 to 101b07e: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commits/ldp-conformance
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance 459f972 Chris Beer: LDP-NR resources should include the LDP resource header
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance 444c498 Chris Beer: POSTs that create LDP-NRs should include a Link to the LDP-RS that describes the binary
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance d122424 Chris Beer: Remove POST .../fcr:content; requests should use PUT .../fcr:content or POST using the path to the container
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins13:32
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2281 (ldp-conformance - ba90dd7 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/ba90dd78da85
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34415162
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins13:33
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #454: LDP conformance (master...ldp-conformance) http://git.io/qpUIzg
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:34
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-conformance from 101b07e to 99d3877: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commits/ldp-conformance
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance 9957373 Chris Beer: Remove POST .../fcr:content; requests should use PUT .../fcr:content or POST using the path to the container
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance 99d3877 Chris Beer: Add OPTIONS verb for .../fcr:content requests
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins13:40
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2282 (ldp-conformance - 101b07e : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/ba90dd78da85...101b07e71e01
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34415224
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins13:41
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2284 (ldp-conformance - 99d3877 : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/101b07e71e01...99d3877311e0
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34415509
* travis-ci leaves
<f4jenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #69: UNSTABLE in 3 min 11 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/69/13:46
* github-ff joins13:47
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed ldp-conformance from 99d3877 to 49a15c0: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commits/ldp-conformance
fcrepo4/ldp-conformance 49a15c0 Chris Beer: Add OPTIONS verb for .../fcr:content requests
* github-ff leaves
* hector2 joins13:48
* whikloj joins13:49
<pivotal-bot__>Jared Whiklo started "Metrics: User documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/77114390
* awead joins13:55
<cbeer>i really want to boycott this call, just because it's on readytalk.13:56
<awead>cbeer: why you hatin’ ?13:57
<cbeer>awead: google hangouts forever!
<awead>although, I know nothing of readytalk
cbeer: yeah, I do prefer those
<cbeer>and i hate using my phone.
<escowles>cbeer: you have skype, right?13:58
<awead>cbeer: oh, I have to use my phone...
* travis-ci joins14:00
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2285 (ldp-conformance - 49a15c0 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/99d3877311e0...49a15c095a60
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34416889
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>and readytalk can't figure out volume normalization.
* mikeAtUVa joins14:01
<awoods>cbeer/awead: mikeAtUVa suggests using google-phone
<awead>I’ve dialed in...
<cbeer>awoods: oh, i'm dialed in. just not happy about it.
<awead>I’m using the Dialoge app
* cam156 joins
<escowles>distracting...14:02
<cbeer>10 people. we could be doing a hangout.14:04
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-09-04+-+PSU+Beta+Pilot
* BetsyC joins14:06
* edInCo joins14:08
* ermadmix joins
<f4jenkins>Yippee, build fixed!14:11
Project fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl build #71: FIXED in 3 min 1 sec: http://jenkins.fcrepo.org/job/fcrepo-module-auth-rbacl/71/
* cam156 leaves14:15
* cam156 joins14:16
<cbeer>awead: i'd add it's also a logical thing to do in RDF.14:31
* awead nods14:32
<cbeer>awead: spectrums of most specific to least specific data, and you just pick the most appropriate predicate(s) for your use case.
(not that fcrepo4 does inferencing, but you can imagine a client that's smart enough)
awead: http://www.day.com/maven/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html14:34
<mikeAtUVa>aweed: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Versioning (the last note on this page explains the implicitly created version)14:41
<cbeer>dropping.
* scossu leaves14:53
<hector2>+1 for monthly14:58
* scossu joins15:03
* hector2 leaves15:15
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added "Factor Sitemaps into a separate module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822303815:32
* ermadmix leaves15:37
* ksclarke leaves15:40
* awead leaves15:44
* awead joins15:45
* ermadmix joins15:46
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822423815:48
Stefano Cossu added "Memory leaks on redeployment and OutOfMemoryError (Tomcat7)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822462815:54
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka estimated "Upgrade Metrics library" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822423816:01
* dwilcox leaves
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka started "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822423816:10
* github-ff joins16:12
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created DropwizardMetrics (+1 new commit): http://git.io/ImIKhQ
fcrepo4/DropwizardMetrics 5c7223f ajs6f: Upgrading Metrics libraries to latest stable offerings from Dropwizard
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka edited "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78224238
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/455" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822423816:15
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #455: Upgrading Metrics libraries to latest stable offerings from Dropwizard (master...DropwizardMetrics) http://git.io/b169KQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka finished "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78224238
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka edited "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7822423816:16
* ajs6f joins16:17
awoods: ping
<pivotal-bot__>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added comment: "I'm closing this because the issue @cbeer referenced above is the best answer we have." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6532183416:19
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka deleted "Determine how to expose update operations other than SPARQL Update in the HTTP API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65321834
<cbeer>ajs6f: LDP is also coming up with their own format now too.
although i hope it doesn't win.16:20
<ajs6f>cbeer: No, seriously?
<cbeer>https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/ldpatch/ldpatch.html
<ajs6f>I LUV STANDARDS.
Tell @azaroth23 to fix that.
<cbeer>i don't know azaroth23.
just azaroth4216:21
<ajs6f>Oh, right. Well, I'll tell azaroth23 to tell azaroth42.
<barmintor>I’m starting to feel like the LDP board has a raging case of NIH-ilism
<ajs6f>barmintor: Yeah, I'm feeling that, too. And it undermines the whole purpose of our involvement.16:22
cbeer: That Metrics library switch— the whole point is that Dropwizard has a metrics-jersey2
so @barmintor can finally finish upgrading to Jersey2.16:23
<cbeer>ajs6f: yeah, i've been keeping on eye on dropwizard waiting for them to finally cut a release
<ajs6f>3.1.0 was the last 3.x.
<barmintor>egad, Jersey. Watching that mailing list makes me think Java is just a disaster.
<ajs6f>It was completely compatible with what we were using. I love when that happens.
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2286 (DropwizardMetrics - 5c7223f : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/5c7223f45f8d
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34431017
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>barmintor: Rule 1: It would be better in Scala. Rule 2: It would be even better in Haskell. Rule 3: It would be even better than that in ML, but you have to prove that inductively.16:24
* edInCo leaves16:26
* cam156 leaves16:28
<ajs6f>barmintor: Did you think the Jersey2 branch you did is still a good place to start?16:29
<barmintor>ajs6f: I have little idea, but I expect it is largely irrelevant now. The diffs might provide some hints, though.
<ajs6f>barmintor: k16:30
I might take a look at that problem sometime soon.
* ajs6f leaves
* edInCo joins16:42
* cam156 joins16:45
* BetsyC leaves16:51
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:57
* cam156 leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Jared Whiklo added comment: "Page started https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Setup+a+Graphite+instance" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7711439016:58
* mohamed1 leaves17:08
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods added "Verify HA clustering given ModeShape4 upgrade" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7823053017:13
Andrew Woods edited "Verify HA clustering given ModeShape4 upgrade" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78230530
* awead leaves17:25
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods delivered "Implement SPARQL Update support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7710953017:28
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4-client] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/X0MxEQ
fcrepo4-client/master ea81d9d Esmé Cowles: Implementing SPARQL Update and RDF updates, adding test coverage for HttpHelper
fcrepo4-client/master a9d778b Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #11 from escowles/sparql-update...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods edited "Upgrade Metrics library" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/78224238
* awead joins17:31
* travis-ci joins17:32
[travis-ci] fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client#13 (master - a9d778b : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/compare/f8fed542dd47...a9d778b46fb3
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/builds/34438310
* travis-ci leaves
* scossu leaves17:38
* cam156 joins17:45
* whikloj leaves17:57
* ermadmix leaves18:01
* cam156 leaves18:03
* awead leaves18:13
* awead joins18:14
* awead leaves18:18
* awead joins18:19
* awead leaves18:22
* cam156 joins18:25
* edInCo leaves18:28
* cam156 leaves18:33
* cam156 joins18:44
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods delivered "Use dependency type instead of classifier to reuse test code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7471810618:50
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/hn9kyg
fcrepo4/master 9761202 Jared Whiklo: Replacing <classifier>tests</classifier> with <type>test-jar</type>
fcrepo4/master 6b559a5 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #453 from whikloj/topic-74718106...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins18:59
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2288 (master - 6b559a5 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/d44297ecb413...6b559a5f96c2
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/34445090
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot__>Andrew Woods edited "Detect unregistered namespace prefixes in the update properties section of the HTML UI and gently remind the user th�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6150054219:23
* ksclarke joins21:43
* fcrepo-bot joins22:41
* fcrepo-bot leaves23:46

Generated by Sualtam