Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ermadmix leaves05:22
* ermadmix joins05:45
* ermadmix leaves06:17
* dwilcox joins07:04
* ermadmix joins07:09
* jcoyne joins07:40
* ermadmix leaves07:41
* dwilcox leaves07:47
* jcoyne leaves07:49
* ermadmix joins07:51
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Document many-objects REST-API load" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624732208:01
Esme Cowles added comment: "I've attached my Java program and related scripts to the Large Numbers of Objects wiki page
https://wiki.dura�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247322
Esme Cowles finished "Document many-objects REST-API load" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624732208:02
* ermadmix leaves08:23
* jcoyne joins08:53
* ermadmix joins08:54
* dwilcox joins09:00
* ksclarke joins09:01
* jcoyne leaves09:08
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525409:09
Esme Cowles started "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525409:10
* mikeAtUVa joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Document many-objects REST-API load" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247322
Andrew Woods accepted "Document many-objects REST-API load" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247322
Andrew Woods accepted "Update to Modeshape 4 / ISPN 6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7038790409:11
Andrew Woods accepted "Invisible children in Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67754438
Andrew Woods accepted "Invisible properties in Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67755044
Andrew Woods accepted "Define F4 client interfaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052284
Andrew Woods accepted "Create git project skeleton" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052244
Andrew Woods accepted "Open-ended Range header" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75546146
Andrew Woods accepted "Evaluate LDP Java clients" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75051924
Andrew Woods accepted "Not all versions displayed in UI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75910204
Andrew Woods accepted "Update object with /fcr:content should be 4xx" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75915350
* gregjansen joins09:36
* dwilcox leaves09:43
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525409:44
Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/pull/3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525409:45
Esme Cowles edited "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525409:47
Esme Cowles finished "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76595254
* tecoripa joins10:07
* escowles leaves10:09
* scossu joins10:13
* escowles joins10:21
* longshou joins10:27
* dwilcox joins10:49
* dwilcox leaves
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves11:01
* dwilcox joins11:10
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624774811:23
Esme Cowles estimated "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624774811:24
* longshou leaves11:30
* escowles leaves11:42
* dwilcox leaves11:51
* escowles joins11:55
* dwilcox joins11:56
* longshou joins12:25
* escowles leaves12:27
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624774812:29
Esme Cowles edited "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247748
Esme Cowles added comment: "The underlying Modeshape issue (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-2109) is still being worked and is target�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247748
Esme Cowles unstarted "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247748
Esme Cowles edited "Many child nodes follow-up <placeholder>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247748
* escowles joins
* dwilcox leaves12:30
* ermadmix leaves12:34
<awoods>tecoripa/mikeAtUVa: any news on the trippi front?12:36
* terrellt joins12:37
<tecoripa>awoods: check your email. I just sent out a note.12:38
<terrellt>Is there any room to get Fedora 4 to send back its modified body as part of the PUT request?
Since F4 modifies the metadata I push up to it, I have to get it again for everything to be accurate.
<tecoripa>awoods: we were able to clone the trippi master branch, and build it, once we blew away ~/.m2
<awoods>tecoripa: thanks, I see the email now.
<tecoripa>awoods: with the new locally-compiled-and-installed trippi snapshot jars in our local caches, we were able to compile Fedora-3.7.2-SNAPSHOT (once we took care of the http/https problem, which I just committed a fix for).12:39
awoods: we're now running the integration tests.
<awoods>tecoripa: I will do the same12:40
terrellt: are you asking for this: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7589032012:41
<pivotal-bot>feature: POST new object should return the RDF graph (unscheduled) / owner:
<tecoripa>awoods: to answer your question about releasing trippi: we're waiting to see if Fedora 3.7.2-SNAPSHOT now builds and passes integration tests.
<terrellt>awoods++ # Yes!
For the same exact reason as jcoyne I'm sure.12:42
<tecoripa>awoods: I'm drafting an email to barmintor now, asking about releasing trippi and the two outstanding bugs.
<awoods>terrellt: we should be able to address that issue. Depending on how the current sprint plays out, it will happen next week or the following.12:44
longshou: is this ticket complete: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644550
<pivotal-bot>feature: Document jcr/xml indexing configuration (started) / owner: Longshou Situ
<awoods>longshou: I saw some wiki documentation recently which would indicate so. Did you have other plans?12:45
<terrellt>awoods++
Thanks much
<awoods>terrellt: thanks for re-enforcing the need for resolution on that issue12:46
<terrellt>You make a good point about http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpc-post-created201 though.12:47
<awoods>terrellt: yes, that documentation makes me wonder about using the creation response body.12:48
<terrellt>Guess we'll just have to change the LDP spec to make our library faster.12:49
<awoods>terrellt: clearly they did not talk with you first.
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods It's done. I just hold on it to see whether we have some other updates in the jcr/xml storage hierar�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644550
<escowles>terrellt/awoods: though if we just need the created and last-modified dates, those should be in the header, right?12:50
<awoods>escowles: they certainly could be
<terrellt>We have those, but for me to use them I'd have to mutate the cached graph.
<escowles>terrellt: you don't want to do that?
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "Updated configuration for jcr/xml indexing: ""12:51
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Indexer+Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644550
Andrew Woods accepted "Document jcr/xml indexing configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644550
<terrellt>escowles: Trusting Fedora specific features (the lastModified/created predicates) outside of the LDP spec makes me a bit wary, but I could give it a shot.12:53
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76595254
<awoods>terrellt: is that different than providing that same information in create-response-bodies outside of the LDP spec?12:55
<terrellt>No
Which is why I said you had a good point.
<escowles>terrellt: we're providing last-modified right now -- and I don't see any standard header that we could use for the creation date -- though in theory it should either be the same as last-modified, or not be changed12:57
well, that *should* be true, but i'm seeing different created/modified dates for a newly created object (and the created date is after the last-modified date by a few millis)13:00
<terrellt>The header and the RDF statement are formatted differently too, there'd be some dancing.13:02
<escowles>terrellt: right, so the easy thing (sending back at least a partial graph) is forbidden by the spec
* ermadmix joins13:05
<awoods>escowles: you are referring to: http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/#ldpc-post-created201 , no?13:12
<escowles>awoods: yes, it says we must return 201, and clients shall not expect any response body
awoods: i've fleshed out an initial work plan for our pilot: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Beta+Pilot+-+UCSD#BetaPilot-UCSD-WorkPlan13:14
some of that can begin now, but quite a bit depends on the java client and writable federation
(and possibly tecoripa's grinder work)13:15
<awoods>escowles: jcoyne and I had some of the LDP/RDF-on-creation chat several days ago:13:16
awoods: this is ambiguous: "Clients shall not expect"
awoods: certainly it's not part of the LDP that we must return a response, but perhaps we may?
<tecoripa>escowles: not much left to do on my grinder work, at least for a first draft. I'll make it a priority to have it done by the end of the sprint, if not earlier.13:17
<awoods>awoods: It certainly seems like an inefficiency in the protocol if it doesn't allow that.
<escowles>awoods: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt -- "shall" means it's an absolute requirement for compliance with the spec13:18
<awoods>escowles/terrellt: that is pretty clear13:19
<escowles>but maybe there's some wiggle room for "expect" -- maybe if the client looks for the response body but falls back on making a GET if it's not there, that means it would still work without the response body?
<awoods>escowles/terrellt: so the question is, "how do we move forward"?
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Creation date should never be newer than last modified date" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7661628213:21
<escowles>awoods: imho, we should fix the bug i just created and then the client can just use the last-modified header to reliably determine the last-modified and created dates13:22
<awoods>would that work for you, terrellt?
* bljenkins leaves13:24
* bljenkins joins
* dwilcox joins13:28
* ermadmix leaves13:37
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Creation date should never be newer than last modified date" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7661628213:54
* bljenkins leaves13:55
* bljenkins joins
* dwilcox leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Reorganize datastream creation/update API to avoid long list of parameters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7659525414:16
* scossu leaves14:26
<mikeAtUVa>awoods, others: did we ever expect openJDK to work with fedora 3?
(by "work" I mean build the code and run the tests without failures)
* awoods shrugs
* scossu joins14:28
* dwilcox joins14:32
* ermadmix joins
<tecoripa>awoods: google hangout with barmintor, mikeAtUVa, /tecoripa at 4:15 PM EST?14:39
<awoods>ok, on a call14:40
* tecoripa leaves14:52
* dwilcox leaves15:06
* dwilcox joins15:30
* tecoripa joins15:46
* dwilcox leaves15:50
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Failed tests:16:12
FedoraRepositoryBatchIT.testRetrieveMultipartDatastreams:63 expected:<200> but was:<400>
Ca�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71326618
Andrew Woods rejected "Add API support for root fedora object" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71326618
<terrellt>awoods: Sorry, I had somebody come over for some programming lessons. Yes, that works for me, assuming you're not adding any other statements to the graph.16:18
<escowles>terrellt: OK, i've got a good start on fixing that bug16:19
<terrellt>escowles++
* barmintor joins16:20
https://github.com/fcrepo3/fcrepo/commit/475ad6d2ed7bbebd8348a661330a9c4e6de263f616:26
<mikeAtUVa>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+Release+Process16:38
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ started "Add API support for root fedora object" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132661816:48
* gregjansen leaves17:01
* github-ff joins17:12
[fcrepo4] escowles created lastmod (+1 new commit): http://git.io/DPfkHA
fcrepo4/lastmod e2ed144 Esmé Cowles: Making sure last-modified header is not earlier than created date, weird breakage
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Creation date should never be newer than last modified date" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7661628217:15
Esme Cowles added comment: "Fixing this bug is pretty straightforward -- but fixing it caused some interesting IT failures: several lockin�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7661628217:16
* escowles leaves17:17
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:20
* travis-ci joins17:27
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2213 (lastmod - e2ed144 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/e2ed14413de1
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/32052730
* travis-ci leaves
* ermadmix leaves17:45
<barmintor>awoods: last push to 3.7.2-snapshot should fix the configC failure (all 4 configs passing here); tecoripa working on pulling fasseg’s oracle fix in17:50
<awoods>barmintor: once I finish with Tripp-daddy I will give your update a try locally.17:51
<barmintor>awoods++ // thanks
<awoods>barmintor: it looks like I do not have sonatype access for trippi: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-294317:59
<barmintor>:(18:00
<awoods>barmintor: can you make the request on that ticket?
barmintor: we may get lucky with quick turnaround
<barmintor>awoods: is your handle the same there?
<awoods>yes: awoods
<tecoripa>awoods: I cherry-picked fasseg's changes into 3.7.2-SNAPSHOT18:02
awoods: can you do a git pull and rebuild again?
* terrellt leaves
<awoods>tecoripa: sure18:03
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods Okay, I've added the failed IT for fcr:lock and fcr:versions (PR https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132661818:06
Longshou Situ finished "Add API support for root fedora object" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132661818:07
<barmintor>awoods: also, don’t know if you saw comment but Ralf will test the RC on his Debian config18:08
<awoods>barmintor: that is good news
tecoripa/barmintor: I need to step out for ~2hours. The 3.7.2-SNAPSHOT is in the process of building... I will let you know the results upon my return.
* scossu leaves
<tecoripa>awoods: sounds good. enjoy your 2 hours off.18:09
<barmintor>awoods, tecoripa “BUILD SUCCESS” for 3.7.2-SNAPSHOT mvn clean verify18:14
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] lsitu opened pull request #49: Persist jcr/xml in hierarchy structure. (master...feature/jcrxml-tree) http://git.io/Mu9Apw
* github-ff leaves
<tecoripa>barmintor: very nice. I'm on configC now...18:15
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/49" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644184
Longshou Situ finished "jms-indexer: Store jcr/xml in id hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75644184
Longshou Situ started "Object resource impl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505317018:16
<barmintor>ok, time for Friday. Bye!18:20
* barmintor leaves
* barmintor joins
* barmintor leaves18:22
* ksclarke leaves
<tecoripa>awoods/barmintor: BUILD SUCCESS18:31
* tecoripa leaves18:43
* ksclarke joins20:26
* longshou leaves20:56
<awoods>tecoripa/barmintor: [INFO] BUILD SUCCESS21:16
* dwilcox joins23:53
* dwilcox leaves00:18
* ksclarke leaves00:38

Generated by Sualtam