Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:19
* dwilcox joins06:34
* github-ff joins06:44
[fcrepo4] escowles created modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh (+1 new commit): http://git.io/qOVyCw
fcrepo4/modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh 9915c50 Esmé Cowles: Manually porting many of @cabeer's modeshape40 b/c kernel/kernel-impl reorg made rebasing modeshape40 branch very messy
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins06:54
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2198 (modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh - 9915c50 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/9915c5027e48
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/31797698
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves07:35
* dwilcox joins07:52
* dwilcox leaves07:55
* escowles joins08:07
* mohamed joins08:29
* mikeAtUVa joins08:38
* tecoripa joins08:46
* dwilcox joins08:51
* rtuckey joins09:00
* github-ff joins09:02
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh: http://git.io/yP-nWQ
fcrepo4/modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh d9d3783 Esmé Cowles: Updating configs, fixing len/newlen bug in CacheLoaderChunkInputStream and updating JQL query in JQLConverterIT
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves
* travis-ci joins09:15
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2199 (modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh - d9d3783 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/9915c5027e48...d9d378392bc0
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/31807907
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "Because of the kernel/kernel-impl reorg and the changes for checkstyle enforcement, rebasing the modesahpe40 b�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7038790409:18
Esme Cowles unstarted "Follow up on writable federation progress with Modeshape bugs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7628452409:22
* mohamed1 joins09:32
* mohamed leaves09:33
* dwilcox joins09:35
* awoods joins09:37
* ksclarke joins09:41
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "Hmm, Travis likes the build: ""10:05
https://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/31807907" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
* dwilcox leaves10:17
* longshou joins10:39
* dwilcox joins10:57
* gregjansen1 joins10:58
* gregjansen1 leaves10:59
* scossu joins11:08
* longshou leaves11:22
* escowles leaves11:27
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Update to Modeshape 4 / ISPN 6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7038790411:31
Andrew Woods edited "Update to Modeshape 4 / ISPN 6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
* dwilcox leaves11:36
* dwilcox joins
* escowles joins11:53
* escowles leaves12:03
* tecoripa leaves12:04
* escowles joins12:06
* gregjansen joins12:09
* escowles leaves12:11
* escowles joins12:17
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "@awoods let me know Travis doesn't run the ITs, hence the failure not showing up there. He also sees the same�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7038790412:20
* longshou joins12:21
* rtuckey leaves12:32
* dwilcox leaves12:33
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: It is all yours: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo-webapp-plus12:37
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: thanks!
* dwilcox joins13:10
* rtuckey joins13:20
* mohamed1 leaves13:23
* github-ff joins13:29
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh: http://git.io/t0KpqA
fcrepo4/modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh aae6219 Esmé Cowles: Updating to Java EE 7.0, simplifying logging messages
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "It looks like updating to JavaEE 7 has fixed this and everything now compiles and all the tests pass: ""13:31
https:/�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:40
* travis-ci joins13:41
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2200 (modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh - aae6219 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/d9d378392bc0...aae6219e2d29
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/31833069
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins13:46
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #433: Upgrade to Modeshape 4.0.Alpha4 (master...modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh) http://git.io/B_-wig
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/433" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
Esme Cowles finished "Update to Modeshape 4 / ISPN 6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
Esme Cowles started "Follow up on writable federation progress with Modeshape bugs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7628452413:51
* dwilcox joins14:13
* scossu leaves14:31
* scossu joins14:44
* dwilcox leaves14:47
* dwilcox joins
* tecoripa joins14:51
<scossu>Hi, I saw that the fcrepo4 branch using Modeshape 4 alpha is being merged into the master branch.14:52
Is there a chance that FF will be released with an unstable Modeshape backend??
* dwilcox leaves14:56
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater edited "Code Review: 3.7.2-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624721615:09
<tecoripa>awoods: is the next Fedora release 3.7.2 or 3.8.0? barmintor seems to prefer the former, you the latter...15:11
<awoods>tecoripa: Given the fact that this next Fedora release requires a bump in Java version, we decided on 3.8.0. Do you remember otherwise, barmintor?15:12
<tecoripa>awoods: we did jump to Java 7 in 3.7, although it still works in Java 615:13
<awoods>tecoripa: my understanding is that this next release is no longer backwards compatible with Java615:14
<tecoripa>awoods: ah, okay. One less thing to test :)
<awoods>tecoripa: you are welcome to verify the lack of backwards compatibility with Java615:15
<tecoripa>awoods: sure, I can do that. I can go all the back to 1.2, if you like
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added "Test Plan: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7647166215:16
<awoods>tecoripa: thank you for your willingness, although I expect going back to Java6 is adequate.
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater edited "Code Review: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76247216
Scott Prater edited "Test Plan: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7647166215:17
Scott Prater started "Test Plan: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7647166215:18
Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending code review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7038790415:20
Andrew Woods rejected "Update to Modeshape 4 / ISPN 6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70387904
* rtuckey leaves15:34
* rtuckey joins
* dwilcox joins15:40
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Create git project skeleton" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052244
Andrew Woods added comment: "Build fails with checkstyle errors." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505228415:42
Andrew Woods rejected "Define F4 client interfaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052284
* dwilcox leaves15:44
* awoods leaves15:47
* mikeAtUVa joins16:04
* dwilcox joins16:05
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Looks like a good initial cut." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505257816:12
Andrew Woods accepted "Design core interaction model" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052578
* awoods joins16:15
escowles: Are the tickets that you "finished" in the previous sprint that have been labeled as "pending-modeshape" ready for primetime with ModeShape 4.0?16:17
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Document SPARQL query to retrieve a property from a single node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7115006416:19
Andrew Woods delivered "Open-ended Range header" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7554614616:30
* github-ff joins16:31
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted openrange at e8ad97c: http://git.io/FLdhvg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Do you have a recommendation, @longshous?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505192416:33
* jcoyne joins16:40
awoods: welcome back
awoods: I wanted to let you know that we've got the full Hydra stack running on Fedora 4.16:42
* escowles leaves
<jcoyne>It's still alpha quality, but an important milestone.
* travis-ci joins16:43
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2202 (master - 5f7f724 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/ae12d0308a72...5f7f724f0730
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/31849269
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox leaves16:46
<awoods>that is awesome, jcoyne.16:52
jcoyne: what are your next plans? I know PSU is interested in pushing beta-testing forward.16:53
<jcoyne>Well I've been working for PSU16:56
;)
Next week I need to finish up working on versioning, figure out what if anything we do with fixity at the Hydra level, and optimize the data model and the low level interface between Hydra & Fedora416:58
* escowles joins17:02
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added comment: "https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Fedora+3.8.0+-+Test+Plan17:06
@barmintor: can you take a look, add any �" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76471662
Scott Prater finished "Test Plan: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7647166217:08
Longshou Situ added comment: "I think if we would like to use a LDP client library, then the LDP4j looks like a candicate for consideratio�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75051924
Esme Cowles added comment: "I've fixed the checkstyle errors (and added a constructor to FixityException with a String parameter): ""17:12
https:�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052284
Esme Cowles started "Define F4 client interfaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505228417:13
Esme Cowles finished "Define F4 client interfaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052284
<tecoripa>@awoods: can you add the fix version "Fedora 3.8.0" to the list of available fix versions in the FCREPO project in JIRA?17:15
<awoods>tecoripa: one moment17:16
tecoripa: done17:19
<tecoripa>awoods: thanks. I'll update the JIRA issues to point to this release
(only two that I'm aware of).
<awoods>tecoripa: barmintor is your man17:21
<tecoripa>awoods: yes, indeed.
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added "Release tests: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7648185617:23
Scott Prater edited "Release tests: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76481856
<escowles>awoods: i'm not sure -- this ticket is to figure that out, right? https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7628452417:24
<pivotal-bot>feature: Follow up on writable federation progress with Modeshape bugs (started) / owner: Esme Cowles
Scott Prater edited "Release tests: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76481856
<awoods>escowles: yes, thanks.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending question in code review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7591535017:25
* rtuckey leaves17:26
<escowles>awoods: my plan was to rebase those branches on my modeshape-40-alpha6-fresh branch and see if the problems are still fixed
* escowles leaves17:31
* gregjansen leaves17:32
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater started "Code Review: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7624721617:35
* escowles joins17:38
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods rejected "Update object with /fcr:content should be 4xx" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7591535017:42
* escowles leaves17:45
* dwilcox joins
<awoods>afk - dentist17:50
* tecoripa leaves17:57
* ksclarke leaves
* dwilcox leaves18:18
* dwilcox joins18:21
* dwilcox leaves18:26
* scossu leaves18:43
* jcoyne leaves19:10
* ksclarke joins19:13
* jcoyne joins19:27
* jcoyne leaves19:39
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4-labs/fcrepo4-client/commit/0c3ef2675d28700bd86464dce2e97789c6972099" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7505228419:42
Andrew Woods delivered "Define F4 client interfaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75052284
* escowles joins19:50
* escowles leaves20:03
* escowles joins20:15
* dwilcox joins20:23
* dwilcox leaves20:27
* escowles leaves
* dwilcox joins20:38
* jcoyne joins20:41
* escowles joins20:49
* escowles leaves20:58
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods I think the problem is cause by the ambiguous path mapping between the FedoraNodes and other root cl�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132661821:01
* longshou leaves21:06
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Let's talk about sub-classing tomorrow, and if the solution is clean, we can take that approach.21:26
In any case,�" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71326618
* escowles joins21:27
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@barmintor, please "Accept" (or "Reject") when you have the time." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7647166221:29
Andrew Woods delivered "Test Plan: 3.8.0-SNAPSHOT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/76471662
* jcoyne leaves22:05
* escowles leaves22:36
* dwilcox leaves22:58
* jcoyne joins23:07
* awoods leaves00:02
* jcoyne leaves00:17
* ksclarke leaves00:35
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "One minor code review comment. Otherwise, looks good." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7591020400:41
Andrew Woods rejected "Not all versions displayed in UI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/75910204
Andrew Woods accepted "Add "Lock" wiki page for "Feature Tour"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7608831800:43
* ksclarke joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Document import/export API updates" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7559222600:46
* ksclarke leaves01:29

Generated by Sualtam