Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves03:01
* padraic joins03:17
* padraic leaves04:36
* padraic joins04:37
* padraic leaves04:38
* dwilcox joins06:23
* dwilcox leaves06:28
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Federation: How many files can be managed?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072457207:25
* dwilcox joins07:34
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated the graphs and descriptions in: ""07:44
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Large+Numbers+of+Objects..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70724572
Esme Cowles finished "Federation: How many files can be managed?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70724572
Esme Cowles added comment: "My initial testing process was to create a large number of objects using the REST API (auto-generated IDs, n..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873607:57
Esme Cowles added comment: "The large-file tests are progressing smoothly, with 256GB and 512GB roundtrip tests succeeding and taking ab..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072460408:02
Esme Cowles added comment: "l" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072460408:03
* awoods joins09:16
<cbeer>awoods, escowles : have either of you seen this error running mvn install? https://gist.github.com/cbeer/1d24fa4267b825823ba009:19
<awoods>cbeer: No, but it looks like it may be associated with a commit from mikeAtUVa yesterday: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/d870a1a70e06bf16d0896d4deedc7ab4e601cb7e09:21
cbeer: I suspect "mvn clean install" is the short term fix.09:22
* mikeAtUVa joins09:25
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: did you see cbeer's comment 3min ago?
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: no... I'll check the logs...09:26
awoods: I'm working on related code now, so I'll have to check out and build master...09:27
* github-ff joins09:31
[fcrepo4] cbeer created mode38 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/JDuBdg
fcrepo4/mode38 d848e8b Chris Beer: Update modeshape to 3.8.0
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins09:32
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #391: Update modeshape to 3.8.0 (master...mode38) http://git.io/rhcVFA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Update to MODE 3.8.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72083742
<escowles>awoods: i haven't seen that error, but i always to mvn clean install...
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Create XACML evaluation context in authz delegate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70943414
Andrew Woods accepted "Implement XACML policy finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70689680
Andrew Woods accepted "XACML Triple Resource Attribute Finder Module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690150
Andrew Woods accepted "Integration tests for basic role XACML policies" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70771806
Andrew Woods accepted "New Versions Should Include a Location Header" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62390664
Andrew Woods accepted "fcr:accessroles JSON parsing error should return 400 Bad Request" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71840260
Andrew Woods accepted "Fix that BOMs don't build on a completely clean checkout/clone" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72004538
Andrew Woods accepted "POSTing to renew transactions results in 400 Bad Request" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71840300
Andrew Woods accepted "Internal SPARQL query should support specifying the subject URI instead of a variable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71322140
Andrew Woods accepted "Enable fcrepo-module-auth-xacml to build without port conflicts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72050044
<cbeer>awoods, escowles, mikeAtUVa: sorry, yes, i was running 'mvn clean install'. the 2nd run didn't have the same problem.09:33
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: hmm... I get a different failure... that's not good...09:35
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Admin UI and related ITs should work offline" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71840448
Esme Cowles added comment: "I typically run with the -XX:+DisableExplicitGC option -- since the error is GC related, I removed this opti..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873609:39
* github-ff joins09:42
[fcrepo4] escowles closed pull request #390: Normalize xml-apis version (offline-htmlui...offline-htmlui) http://git.io/5GAJjQ
* github-ff leaves
* ksclarke joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Update to MODE 3.8.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7208374209:44
Andrew Woods finished "Update to MODE 3.8.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7208374209:45
* travis-ci joins09:47
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2062 (mode38 - d848e8b : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/d848e8b83e06
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26129071
* travis-ci leaves
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer, awoods: the errors on mvn clean install are intermittent on my machine... are we doing concurrency tests now?09:55
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Federation: How many files can be managed?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70724572
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: The only formalized concurrency test we have is: FedoraCrudConcurrentIT.java (it is disabled by default)09:57
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@ksclarke, @escowles is doing parallel testing to your work but with the FilesystemConnector. He is collect..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064865810:03
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2064 (offline-htmlui - 25417bc : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/a94c0b7f2e89...25417bcb6b9a
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26130070
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins10:04
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #391: Update modeshape to 3.8.0 (master...mode38) http://git.io/rhcVFA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Update to MODE 3.8.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72083742
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!10:08
Project fcrepo4 build #1908: FIXED in 37 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1908/
* github-ff joins10:11
[fcrepo4] escowles force-pushed offline-htmlui from 25417bc to 535c654: http://git.io/PHgo8g
fcrepo4/offline-htmlui 6606320 Esmé Cowles: Moving HTML UI ITs to fcrepo-webapp, adding local bootstrap/jquery libraries
fcrepo4/offline-htmlui 4e703f3 Andrew Woods: Normalize xml-apis version
fcrepo4/offline-htmlui a1edb15 Esmé Cowles: checkstyle fixes
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Add ability to rename namespace prefixes after-the-fact" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72087274
Chris Beer edited "Add ability to rename namespace prefixes after-the-fact" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72087274
<cbeer>awoods, escowles: fcrepo4 doesn't (yet) have the ability to load new datastreams by passing it a URI instead of the content blob, right?10:13
<escowles>cbeer: correct -- but that would be a great feature to add of course
<cbeer>escowles: any suggestions on how to go about it? just the same old fcrepo3 dslocation as a url param?10:14
<escowles>cbeer: that seems reasonable -- i can't think of any standard headers to use, though we could just make one up10:15
<pivotal-bot>Kevin Clarke added comment: "Sure, should I put all of them there (all three I plan to run: 64/64/64 (1 MB), 100/100/100 (1 MB), and 256..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648658
<cbeer>(or, i'm on a flaky wifi connection, and see no reason to pull large JP2 down locally in order to re-upload them somewhere else.. and think it'd be faster to build the feature than to keep waiting.)10:16
<escowles>cbeer: though this does look somewhat similar to CORS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing10:17
* travis-ci joins10:18
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2065 (master - 9afee37 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/37bfbd93d6ec...9afee3705fe7
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26131954
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>escowles: hm. i was looking at Content-Location10:19
(undefined for POST/PUT)
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Probably all of the hierarchy tests you mention should land on @escowles' page." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648658
<cbeer>The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the resource Location for the entity enclosed in the message when that entity is accessible from a Location separate from the requested resource’s URI.
<escowles>cbeer: yes, that also sounds pretty similar -- also has the Content-Length, Content-MD5, Content-Type, etc. headers which could be useful too10:20
<pivotal-bot>Kevin Clarke added comment: "OK, thanks... will do." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064865810:21
<cbeer>escowles: i guess a future enhancement would be to "202 Accepted" such a request, and then asynchronously pull in the content
<escowles>cbeer: yes, i imagine large files would be the most common use case for this, so maybe this is part of the larger async work?10:23
<cbeer>makes sense to punt the async part until then, yeah10:24
* scossu joins10:27
<escowles>cbeer: of course, the other scenario i can imagine is doing migrations -- it would be better to have the source and destination talking to each other directly instead of having to pull through a third client10:28
<cbeer>escowles: yeah, that's my use case right now
* tecoripa joins10:29
<cbeer>escowles: ok, so a couple basic questions before i get started..10:30
do you think it would help the async work in the future to use http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-asyncclient-4.0.x/index.html?
or will our async work be driven at another level?
<escowles>my understanding was that jersey 2.0 provided some functionality that would handle a lot of the async interactions at a lower level, but i haven't worked with any of that myself (maybe awoods has a clearer idea of this?)10:32
<awoods>on a call
<cbeer>escowles: ok, so fetching the content can be a synchronous component of an asynchronous end-user request10:33
<escowles>cbeer: right -- i think the server is expected to have good bandwidth, a long-running process, etc. so sync retrieval shouldn't be a problem -- it's really the client and esp. the browser that are the unreliable parts of the system10:34
so the only thing we might need to support is resuming downloads with range retrieval in case a large retrieval fails
<cbeer>escowles: phase 2 :)10:35
<escowles>cbeer: i believe the current phrasing is "we'll get to that in july" :)10:36
<cbeer>escowles: now, the stupid spring question.. should i make the external content fetching HttpClient spring @Inject'able? i see a lot of settings for the client that i guess could be configurable
<escowles>cbeer: maybe -- the other option that i used recently was: http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/HttpClientBuilder.html#useSystemProperties%28%2910:37
though injectable would probably make unit testing easier...
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1909: UNSTABLE in 36 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1909/10:45
Chris Beer: Update modeshape to 3.8.0
<awoods>cbeer/escowles: +1 injectable10:46
<cbeer>escowles: i was planning on just building this out for FedoraContent... should i think bigger and do it everywhere we accept a POST/PUT body?10:47
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've made the suggested changes, and this now builds for me using "mvn -o clean install" with my network dis..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7184044810:48
Esme Cowles finished "Admin UI and related ITs should work offline" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71840448
<cbeer>(i'm trying to figure out if i can do this using a MessageBodyFilter..)10:49
<awoods>cbeer: are there use cases outside of FedoraContent?
<escowles>cbeer: in theory, i could imagine creating a new object pulling RDF from a remote source, and then pulling in the files that the RDF references -- i was planning on something like that for migrating my content into f4
<cbeer>awoods: i don't know. i don't have any right now.10:50
<escowles>cbeer/awoods: i expect content to be the one place where it's needed -- metadata and everything else is so small that there's not much gain10:51
<awoods>escowles: the remote-rdf-pull-in-referenced-files functionality is starting to sound a little complex from the repository perspective.
<escowles>awoods: yes, esp. because you might want to filter/transform the RDF in some way, so it's probably not a good workflow10:53
<cbeer>awoods: i guess the real choice i'm asking someone to make is: do i extend FedoraContent methods to take an extra @HeaderParam and add some logic (if header param, do something, else use the input stream)
awoods: or should i go down this MessageBodyReader path and encapsulate the above logic there
(and, since we have that logic, just roll it out everywhere, because why not?)
<escowles>cbeer: i think encapsulating the logic makes sense -- if nothing else, we do datastream content in both FedoraContent and FedoraNodes...10:54
<awoods>cbeer: Sounds reasonable... I have not had much of a chance to think through the MessageBodyReader implementation/implication.10:56
cbeer: go for it... and see if it is clean.10:59
* scossu1 joins11:13
* scossu leaves11:17
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!11:18
Project fcrepo4 build #1910: FIXED in 32 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1910/
Yippee, build fixed!11:26
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #537: FIXED in 7 min 40 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/537/
* scossu joins11:30
* scossu1 leaves11:32
<cbeer>this would be so much nicer with jax-rs 211:34
* tecoripa leaves11:39
* jcoyne joins11:44
* terrellt joins
* jcoyne leaves
<terrellt>Hey folks, trying to get Fedora 4 up with https://github.com/projecthydra/hydra-jetty/tree/fedora-4a5 and all I get is a 503, and I can't seem to find any logs about what's going on.11:45
Any ideas for debugging?
<escowles>terrellt: that branch was working for me at LDCX a month ago -- let me download a fresh copy and see if it still works11:48
<terrellt>Log gives me this - https://gist.github.com/terrellt/507cffae5631ca84e06311:49
OSX Mavericks, if that helps. Maybe the solution is to stick it all in an ubuntu server VM
<escowles>i'm using mavericks too, so that shouldn't be the problem -- what JDK version do you have?11:50
<terrellt>1.6.0_65
I can update, give me a few minutes11:51
<escowles>terrellt: that's the problem -- you definitely need 1.7 to run it now (there was a period where it built on 1.7 but still ran on 1.6, but now you need 1.7 even to run it)
<terrellt>escowles++ I'll fix that.11:52
Slowly.
Come on Java
<escowles>yeah, it sucks that apple and oracle can't get along and bundle java updates like they used to11:53
<terrellt>And we're up and running!11:59
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ started "Improve performance of range retrieval" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7142977012:01
Longshou Situ added comment: "PR https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/387 again, https://github.com/lsitu/fcrepo4/commit/6ad01114ef2d..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7142977012:04
Longshou Situ finished "Improve performance of range retrieval" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71429770
* github-ff joins12:06
[fcrepo4] cbeer created external-content (+1 new commit): http://git.io/LnjaUg
fcrepo4/external-content 21a24ac Chris Beer: Add external content fetcher
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #392: Add external content fetcher (master...external-content) http://git.io/BWNHoQ
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>escowles, awoods: is that crazy or offensive ^?
<awoods>on a call
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resource in..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962612:09
Chris Beer started "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resource ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/392" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
* scossu1 joins12:15
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2069 (external-content - 21a24ac : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/21a24ac44d8d
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26142523
* travis-ci leaves
* scossu leaves12:18
<escowles>cbeer: looks reasonable to me12:20
* padraic joins12:29
* dwilcox leaves12:31
<terrellt>Anybody working on AF8 this week?12:37
<escowles>terrellt: you're the only one i've heard volunteer -- though cbeer has done some work on ActiveResource with Spotlight...12:38
<terrellt>So I'm getting a different error than CI.12:40
* scossu2 joins
<terrellt>https://gist.github.com/terrellt/3f02419fe4b675c79094
That's all over the place
* dwilcox joins12:41
<terrellt>The stack trace is bad, it's happening in Ldp::Resource::RdfSource#graph
* dwilcox leaves12:43
* scossu1 leaves
* scossu2 leaves12:46
* scossu joins
* longshou joins12:48
* scossu leaves12:50
* scossu joins
<escowles>terrellt: may it's working with the faraday get directly, instead of this wrapper: https://github.com/cbeer/ldp/blob/master/lib/ldp/response.rb#L9712:51
<terrellt>I assume so, but I'm not sure why my box would when CI isn't.
* edInCo joins12:53
<escowles>me neither, but i assume the CI is running linux, so maybe there's some platform-specific bug there12:54
<terrellt>Yeah, spinning up a VM now
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Large-scale fcr:export fails with error: OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7210416812:59
Esme Cowles added comment: "I've created a bug for fixing the OutOfMemoryError issue: #72104168 -- but this is working well-enough to co..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873613:00
Esme Cowles finished "Test repo fcr:export at scale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648736
Esme Cowles edited "Large-scale fcr:export fails with error: OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72104168
<awoods>cbeer: back.13:05
<cbeer>awoods: take a look at http://git.io/BWNHoQ.. think it's a good-enough approach?13:06
<awoods>cbeer: looks pretty reasonable... what is the reason for the ContentInputStream as opposed to the native InputStream?
<cbeer>awoods: to make the MessageBodyReader binding work out sanely. from the docs, i'm not sure how it would identify our provider over the built-in one without doing something like an annotation on the method or something.13:07
* benpennell leaves
<cbeer>awoods: unless you're asking why ContentInputStream isn't a ProxyInputStream?13:09
<awoods>cbeer: no, I am asking why ContentInputStream exists (your first answer)
cbeer: I suspect there is a way of elevating a our MessageBodyReader over the built-in one.13:10
without having to fabricate a type.
<cbeer>awoods: sure, there is. but do we want ALL InputStreams to use our custom logic (
I was assuming not.. )13:11
<awoods>cbeer: You are right. ContentInputStream is probably the way to go.13:13
<terrellt>Ah13:18
The default gemfile doesn't work.
Has to be the rails4 gemfile to make tests pass.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Can you document the expected limits in one of these pages (unless you think another wiki page is more appr..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873613:31
Andrew Woods rejected "Test repo fcr:export at scale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648736
* awoods leaves13:39
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've added a warning to the REST API docs: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API+-+Export+a..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873613:42
Esme Cowles finished "Test repo fcr:export at scale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648736
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves13:50
* awoods joins13:55
* awoods leaves
* awoods joins
* dwilcox joins14:02
* github-ff joins14:05
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/5mALUQ
fcrepo4/master 0973828 Esmé Cowles: Add local bootstrap/jquery libraries...
* github-ff leaves
<terrellt>Something's not cleaning up after itself in AF8.
Really, a lot of somethings, probably. Periodic failures depending on order run.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/0973828f7e19836a5d06f9830e7ceb675efcf8bb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71840448
Andrew Woods delivered "Admin UI and related ITs should work offline" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7184044814:06
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted offline-htmlui at 535c654: http://git.io/HwhtOg
* github-ff leaves
<escowles>terrellt: there were a lot of problems related to tearing down test objects
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Test repo fcr:export at scale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064873614:09
* github-ff joins14:13
[ontology] escowles created external-content (+1 new commit): http://git.io/HYnQkg
ontology/external-content ba8a038 Esmé Cowles: Adding hasExternalContent/isExternalContentOf properties
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/393" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7123457614:18
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] mikedurbin opened pull request #393: Added external federation properties store. (master...fs-federation-external-properties) http://git.io/X2t7Ww
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin finished "Allow for practical use of read-only filesystem federation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71234576
* github-ff joins14:22
[fcrepo4] lsitu opened pull request #394: Hierarchy transparent (hierarchy...hierarchy_transparent) http://git.io/yN22Aw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ started "getChildren() on FedoraResource" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7161129814:23
* github-ff joins14:25
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/M7X8jg
fcrepo4/master 4da6bb1 lsitu: Range content retrieval with javax.jcr.Binary to improve performance....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/4da6bb13a4569e5e85dea18573d3ed46ce4c4417" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71429770
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #387: Range content retrieval with javax.jcr.Binary to improve performance. (master...feature/rangeRetrieval) http://git.io/v5KnnQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Improve performance of range retrieval" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71429770
Longshou Situ added comment: "I think the problem with the links for parent, exportsAs, hasAccessRoles etc are fixed in the following PR..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7161129814:28
Longshou Situ finished "getChildren() on FedoraResource" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71611298
Longshou Situ added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/388" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71941366
Longshou Situ edited "Enabled transparent hierarchy feature for versions and other components, including refactor the codes to fix the l..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7194631414:32
Longshou Situ estimated "Enabled transparent hierarchy feature for versions and other components, including refactor the codes to fix th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7194631414:33
Longshou Situ started "Enabled transparent hierarchy feature for versions and other components, including refactor the codes to fix the ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71946314
* dwilcox leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ finished "Enabled transparent hierarchy feature for versions and other components, including refactor the codes to fix the..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71946314
* scossu leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/394" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7194631414:34
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1912: UNSTABLE in 29 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1912/14:35
awoods: Add local bootstrap/jquery libraries
* dwilcox joins14:36
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles created external-datastreams (+1 new commit): http://git.io/tuxQaw
fcrepo4/external-datastreams e4c52c5 Esmé Cowles: Adding hasExternalContent/isExternalContentOf properties and IT for linking from repo object to federated filesystem datastream
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:37
[ontology] escowles opened pull request #4: Adding hasExternalContent/isExternalContentOf properties (master...external-content) http://git.io/Se7tuw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:38
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #395: External datastream pattern (master...external-datastreams) http://git.io/S1Gw8A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/pull/395
https://github.com/fcrepo4/ontology/pull/4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71324222
* travis-ci joins14:43
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2073 (master - 4da6bb1 : lsitu): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/0973828f7e19...4da6bb13a456
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26153688
* travis-ci leaves
* nikhiltri joins14:47
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated the Federation wiki page to include a note about linking to external datastreams using the fedo..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132422214:51
Esme Cowles finished "Support external datastreams" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7132422214:52
Chris Beer finished "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resource..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962614:53
* github-ff joins14:54
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed external-content from 21a24ac to 022d81e: http://git.io/kEprGA
fcrepo4/external-content 022d81e Chris Beer: Support POST/PUT requests with a Content-Location header instead of a request body
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2074 (external-datastreams - e4c52c5 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/e4c52c50b784
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26154497
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "A POST/PUT with an object (that is a fedora subject) that doesn't exist should not raise a 404" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7190349215:03
* scossu joins15:04
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!15:06
Project fcrepo4 build #1913: FIXED in 31 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1913/
awoods: Range content retrieval with javax.jcr.Binary to improve performance.
Project fcrepo-module-auth-xacml build #66: FAILURE in 21 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/66/15:07
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed external-content from 022d81e to a094465: http://git.io/kEprGA
fcrepo4/external-content a094465 Chris Beer: Support POST/PUT requests with a Content-Location header instead of a request body
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #539: FAILURE in 1 min 4 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/539/
* dwilcox leaves15:08
* travis-ci joins15:10
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2076 (external-content - 022d81e : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/21a24ac44d8d...022d81e9aab7
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26155954
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>escowles: remind me what your final analysis was of the current state of the fedora ontology?15:11
* dwilcox joins15:15
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Support Content in RDF standard" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7187005215:17
Andrew Woods edited "Support Content in RDF standard" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7187005215:18
* dwilcox leaves15:20
<escowles>awoods: i think ajs6f's changes are solid -- definite improvements to the explicitness, incorporating stuff like fixity in a reasonable way, adding comments and type restrictions, etc.15:22
* travis-ci joins15:26
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2078 (external-content - a094465 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/022d81e9aab7...a0944659a8b4
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26156959
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1914: UNSTABLE in 22 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1914/15:29
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "I have imported all the templates. I notice that the lines I wrap explicitly are still re-joined by the f..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71262298
Andrew Woods added "Review/Update Feature Tour" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7212267815:54
Andrew Woods edited "Review/Update Feature Tour" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72122678
Andrew Woods edited "Review/Update Feature Tour" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7212267815:55
Andrew Woods added "Review/Update Configuration Options" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72122826
Andrew Woods edited "Review/Update Configuration Options" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72122826
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!15:56
Project fcrepo4 build #1915: FIXED in 26 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1915/
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "Here is a description of one way to get around the suppressions file issue. I am going to give it a try: ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7126229815:58
Andrew Woods added comment: "@ksclarke, do you have thoughts on how to force Eclipse to honor line breaks?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71262298
Esme Cowles edited "Hide/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65899330
<ksclarke>responding
awoods
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!15:59
Project fcrepo-module-auth-xacml build #67: FIXED in 3 min 22 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/67/
<ksclarke>basically, if you have it format the line you've edited, there isn't a way... you can turn off formatting altogether but I don't think that's the solution greg is looking for16:00
there isn't a way, that I've seen anyway
<awoods>ksclarke: if you have not seen a way, there must not be one.16:01
ksclarke: btw, is the xquery session in the past? or this week.
<ksclarke>still in the future... workshop starts mid-june16:02
I'm still preparing :-)
<awoods>ksclarke: you are a planner
<ksclarke>just not a natural presenter :-)
<bljenkins>Yippee, build fixed!16:03
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #540: FIXED in 7 min 5 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/540/
* padraic leaves16:18
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods Are we going to just reject the access with jcr:content, or all the requests in jcr namespace that..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204616:28
Kevin Clarke added comment: "Thanks for test driving the configs, @gregoryjansen16:29
The rules do use Eclipse's auto line wrapping. It sh..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71262298
Andrew Woods added comment: "Are there other examples of /jcr:* requests that make it to the backend? If so, we should likely block them..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204616:30
Longshou Situ added comment: "I am not sure. But I can just block any access with jcr.* in the path. Does it sound good to you?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204616:46
Andrew Woods added comment: "This is a great initial proposal. One of the sticking points in this flow is authorization. To prove out th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099170416:53
Andrew Woods delivered "Strawman design of F4 and IIIF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70991704
Andrew Woods estimated "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resou..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962616:55
Esme Cowles added comment: "After repeating my shell-script tests with fcrepo3, fcrepo4-master and fcrepo4-alpha3 (holiday release), I'm..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70724604
* mikeAtUVa leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Are you saying that F4 is faster than F3 for create/update/read operations? Or are you saying F4-current is..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072460416:57
Esme Cowles added comment: "@awoods F4 is faster than F3. The variability between runs is much too high to say whether F4-current or F4..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072460417:03
Kevin Clarke added comment: "Yes, I'll do that tonight. Would you like to post the above notes as an addendum to the page first, though..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70991704
* scossu leaves17:11
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "posted." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099170417:22
* terrellt leaves17:23
* edInCo leaves17:29
* ksclarke leaves17:55
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "I suspect there are situations where users may use the jcr namespace in requests. Without a more complete a..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204618:02
* nikhiltri leaves18:09
* dwilcox joins18:15
* github-ff joins18:22
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/CidRJA
fcrepo4/master e05a959 Mike Durbin: Add external federation properties store....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/e05a959ce33422b5c3305585141cdbe0a8803079" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71234576
Andrew Woods delivered "Allow for practical use of read-only filesystem federation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71234576
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #393: Added external federation properties store. (master...fs-federation-external-properties) http://git.io/X2t7Ww
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox leaves18:27
* travis-ci joins18:37
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2080 (master - e05a959 : Mike Durbin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/4da6bb13a456...e05a959ce334
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26170977
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:39
[fcrepo4] escowles created sparql-bad-request (+1 new commit): http://git.io/l27q1A
fcrepo4/sparql-bad-request a90de16 Esmé Cowles: Handling errors with sparql update queries that reference non-existent resources, fixing empty query error handling, adding ITs
* github-ff leaves
* longshou leaves
* github-ff joins18:41
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #396: SPARQL-Update error handling (master...sparql-bad-request) http://git.io/Pac1bQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I updated FedoraNodes to trap this error and convert both an empty query and queries that reference non-exis..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71903492
Esme Cowles finished "A POST/PUT with an object (that is a fedora subject) that doesn't exist should not raise a 404" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71903492
Esme Cowles started "Hide/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65899330
Andrew Woods added comment: "@md, please add configuration documentation to: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7123457618:44
Andrew Woods rejected "Allow for practical use of read-only filesystem federation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71234576
* github-ff joins18:50
[ontology] awoods deleted external-content at ba8a038: http://git.io/xo_Nfw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/ip-gDw
fcrepo4/master d263537 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #395 from fcrepo4/external-datastreams...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Support external datastreams" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71324222
* travis-ci joins18:52
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2081 (sparql-bad-request - a90de16 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/a90de16ab1f3
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26172173
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #541: FAILURE in 1 min 44 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/541/19:02
* travis-ci joins19:04
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2083 (master - d263537 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/e05a959ce334...d263537e6ff0
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26172843
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-module-auth-xacml build #68: UNSTABLE in 4 min 6 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/68/
Project fcrepo4 build #1917: UNSTABLE in 29 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1917/19:29
escowles: Adding hasExternalContent/isExternalContentOf properties and IT for linking from repo object to federated filesystem datastream
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Very nice. Please update related wiki docs: ""19:34
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
Andrew Woods rejected "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resour..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
* longshou joins19:35
* dwilcox joins21:05
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Is that the only reason you rejected this? " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962621:15
Andrew Woods added comment: "It is a limitation of pivotal. This ticket is not "rejected", but rather back in your court before closing ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962621:18
<cbeer>awoods: i'm not sure Rejected is the best way to handle that sort of thing.21:19
awoods: what about creating a new ticket to document it?
awoods: or, i think there's a serious order-of-operation problem.. documenting something before it's actually merged seems really weird21:20
<awoods>cbeer: I fall on the side of calling a ticket complete when it includes: functionality, testing, and documentation. Is that unreasonable?
cbeer: I agree. I would not ask the implementer to document a feature if it were not ready to commit... which yours is.21:21
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Documented for binary content, import, and nodes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7209962621:22
<cbeer>awoods: maybe noting that on the ticket, then? i spent too long trying to figure out what was wrong21:24
s/comment/more explicit comment/
<awoods>cbeer:?? I my note was not clear: "Very nice. Please update related wiki docs:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API"
cbeer: Sorry for the confusion and waste of time. Next time I will spell it out.21:25
<cbeer>awoods: not clear to me, no. thanks.21:26
probably just because of that confusing over adding documentation before the code is actually in place.
<awoods>cbeer: I can see that. My fear is that if documentation does not come with the completion of a ticket... it will never come, in many cases.21:27
cbeer: Do you have a process suggestion for ensuring that does not happen, while still being logical?
<cbeer>cbeer> awoods: what about creating a new ticket to document it?21:28
and, i guess, labeling those tickets to ensure they're complete by the end of a sprint
<awoods>cbeer: I am open to giving it a try.21:29
<cbeer>that, or something more severe, like tying the developer doucmentation into the git workflow, somehow
but that sounds socially and technically hard.
* github-ff joins21:35
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Pka1GA
fcrepo4/master 1fcf260 Chris Beer: Support POST/PUT requests with a Content-Location header instead of a request body...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/commit/1fcf26058dd4f9aa203dc0b1549f045b9c0c2fab" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted external-content at a094465: http://git.io/seDAfw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Allow clients to send a Content-Location header to instruct fcrepo4 to fetch content from a 3rd party HTTP resou..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/72099626
* dwilcox leaves21:36
* travis-ci joins21:46
[travis-ci] fcrepo4/fcrepo4#2084 (master - 1fcf260 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/compare/d263537e6ff0...1fcf26058dd4
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/fcrepo4/fcrepo4/builds/26179855
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ estimated "/jcr:content is accessible in some cases as a resource path." as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71412046
* dwilcox joins21:53
* github-ff joins22:02
[fcrepo4] lsitu opened pull request #397: Rejected access to jcr:content from the web ui for NOT_FOUND (status 404) (master...feature/jcrAccess) http://git.io/oSgI3A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "Okay. We'll see status 404 with the default jersey resource not found message for /jcr:content access now:..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204622:05
Longshou Situ finished "/jcr:content is accessible in some cases as a resource path." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7141204622:06
* ksclarke joins22:20
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1918: FAILURE in 51 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1918/22:26
awoods: Support POST/PUT requests with a Content-Location header instead of a request body
* dwilcox leaves23:10

Generated by Sualtam