Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
<ksclarke>pivotal-bot help01:06
ff_logger help01:07
neither a supybot I guess
* ksclarke leaves01:08
* ttappe joins01:55
* longshou leaves02:57
* benpennell1 leaves05:04
* benpennell joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods estimated "Create XACML policies for non-role-based use cases" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068937405:28
Andrew Woods accepted "Add mix:versionable mixin (if missing) when user attempts to snapshot a version of a node." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70289498
Andrew Woods deleted "Use Case: Applications use API for updating access conditions stored in Fedora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6629918605:31
Andrew Woods deleted "Use Case: Streamlined and secure way of distinguishing open from closed " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6629891205:32
Andrew Woods deleted "Use Case: Unified Authorization" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6629877605:33
Andrew Woods deleted "Use Case: Distributed authentication and authorization" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66298754
Andrew Woods deleted "Use Case: Researchers control the policies on their own objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6629872405:34
Andrew Woods edited "Move git repos to new git organization" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067134206:02
Andrew Woods started "Missing slash character in Fedora base URL in JMS indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7081968006:41
Andrew Woods added comment: "@stefanoc, you will want to set "fcrepo.context" to "/fcrepo/" instead of "fcrepo"." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7081968006:42
Andrew Woods added comment: "Please indicate in this ticket if that solves the issue." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70819680
Andrew Woods finished "Missing slash character in Fedora base URL in JMS indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7081968006:43
Andrew Woods added "Establish test structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7101090406:45
Andrew Woods started "Establish test structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71010904
Andrew Woods added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7101090406:49
Andrew Woods edited "Establish test structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71010904
Andrew Woods finished "Establish test structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/71010904
* travis-ci joins06:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#8 (test-structure - 90f23ba : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/commit/90f23ba5f319
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24787197
* travis-ci leaves
* dwilcox joins07:54
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@nikhiltrivedi, can you give this a look if you have time in @stefanoc's absence?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7081968009:01
* benpennell2 joins
* ermadmix joins09:11
* mikeAtUVa joins09:14
* ksclarke joins09:16
* ttappe leaves09:17
* tecoripa joins09:50
* tecoripa leaves09:57
* gregjansen joins10:05
* github-ff joins10:16
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] gregjan pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/OHwMbQ
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/master ea833e2 Gregory Jansen: Merge pull request #4 from futures/test-structure...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen delivered "Establish test structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7101090410:17
Gregory Jansen added comment: "Yes, I had moved the IT to integration in my next commit, but that'll merge. Am working on the test sprin..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7101090410:18
* github-ff joins10:19
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods deleted test-structure at 90f23ba: http://git.io/ggIi7A
* github-ff leaves
* pivotal-bot leaves10:22
* pivotal-bot joins
* travis-ci joins10:25
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#10 (master - ea833e2 : Gregory Jansen): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/compare/ab353e5daada...ea833e2b1416
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24800483
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "I get intermittent errors when simply creating nodes (possibly only when auto-generating pids) and eventuall..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6944433610:26
* tecoripa joins10:35
* longshou joins10:47
<ksclarke>in a meeting that is running long awoods; won't make 11am standup10:57
<awoods>ksclarke: ok
* github-ff joins10:58
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] gregjan opened pull request #5: Request creation and testing support (master...master) http://git.io/6ClWTQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "Adding a first PR to support other devs." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7094341411:00
Gregory Jansen added comment: " https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/5" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70943414
Andrew Woods started "Create XACML evaluation context in authz delegate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7094341411:01
Gregory Jansen added comment: "Will follow up with a test of the AuthZ delegate request creation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70943414
Andrew Woods started "Implement XACML policy finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068968011:09
<escowles>awoods: here's that bug https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70954532
<pivotal-bot>bug: Adding 22nd file to federated filesystem with REST API fails (unscheduled) / owner:
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: here's that modeshape bug: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67486908 (looks like it's fixed in 4.0)11:34
<pivotal-bot>bug: changing an existing externalSource name fails Context initialization (unscheduled) / owner: Esme Cowles
<cbeer>escowles: here's (almost) all that's standing between us and MODE 4.0: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/33811:35
<escowles>cbeer: are you writing powermock-ified unit tests for that like awoods wants?11:38
<cbeer>escowles: not touching it yet. if you want to go for it, be my guest.11:39
here's the same branch with a MODE 4.0 update on top of it: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/tree/modeshape40
(it does require building MODE from source, though.. at least until they do an alpha3)11:40
and then requires figuring out how to configure ISPN 6.x
<escowles>cbeer: i'll see if i can find someone with the right mock-fu
<cbeer>escowles++
all i could get was powermock complaining about finalized classes
* gregjansen leaves11:46
* gregjansen joins11:52
my battery ran out :)11:53
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/UotPCw
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/master b1d04d5 Gregory Jansen: PDP creation moved to factory to support injected mocks...
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/master e9d8bce Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #5 from gregjan/master...
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>cbeer: there were two outstanding issues with PR:338 - unit tests and can we remove LowLevelCacheEntry.java.11:56
cbeer: do you have a take on those two topics?11:57
<ksclarke>tecoripa: so you just need to change <setting id="cleanup.format_source_code" value="false"/> and <setting id="cleanup.format_source_code_changes_only" value="true"/> in the fedora-cleanup.xml file (right now they're set for the opposite: true, false11:58
I must have introduced that problem on the export
<awoods>tecoripa: you should be good to go on writing to benchtool.
<tecoripa>ksclarke: thanks. odd that the UI doesn't give you that option
awoods: thanks. I'll commit shortly.11:59
<ksclarke>tecoripa, it does: Preferences > Java > Code style > Clean up, then edit the profile, click on Code Organizing tab then unclick "Format Source Code" and make sure the Indent setting there is unclicked too12:01
once you do that the setting of "only edit lines I touch" works
<tecoripa>ksclarke: hmmm, I thought I had tried that... but maybe not. I'll give it a go.12:02
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#12 (master - e9d8bce : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/compare/ea833e2b1416...e9d8bce40e8e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24808054
* travis-ci leaves
<ksclarke>well, I changed the file directly ... maybe something isn't working with the ui but it looks like that's where the setting is
tecoripa: if you change the file, make sure to reimport, overriding the exiting one (rather than the default which creates a new profile)12:03
<tecoripa>ksclarke: right. I was doing some playing around yesterday, and saw that, too.12:04
yeah, making those changes you mention just through the UI, I still get the entire file reformatted.12:05
I'll try editing the cleanup template lines, and see if that helps.
<ksclarke>hmm, try just editing the file... will be curious to hear if that works when the other doesn't12:06
* ksclarke runs off to another meeting
* dwilcox leaves12:07
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin started "Create XACML policies for non-role-based use cases" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068937412:12
* dwilcox joins12:20
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "The problem is that the HierarchyConverter always trying to ingest the auto-hierarchy for the in-coming pa..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064869412:25
<awoods>cbeer: ping12:41
<cbeer>meeting.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Thanks for the clarification, @longshous. It seems like you have a good understanding of the problem. As yo..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064869412:57
* ermadmix leaves13:02
* ermadmix joins13:05
* github-ff joins13:23
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] gregjan opened pull request #6: adds a builder for use in production and tests for the evaluation context (master...master) http://git.io/44ONvg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/6 request creation can now be tested and used t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7094341413:24
<cbeer>escowles: do you know how to use FedoraBatch to do that datastream creation thing? i don't see how i can POST and get an id minted13:27
<escowles>cbeer: i'll take a look...13:28
<cbeer>thanks
worst case, i make a call to mint a pid
* gregjansen leaves13:29
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods For the end goal, is it just a message telling the user regarding where the new object is stored i..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
<escowles>cbeer: i think you need to know the generated dsname in order to set a property on it (either it's in the URI and you can use <>, or it's not in the URI and you'd have to provide it in the sparql/rdf13:31
so i think you're stuck making two requests (either auto-generate the dsname and then use PATCH to set the property, or mint an id, and then use fcr:batch to create the content and set the property)13:32
<pivotal-bot>Benjamin Pennell added "Create new version API should respond with Location header" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7103945613:34
* edInCo joins13:38
* ermadmix leaves13:40
<tecoripa>awoods: I found and fixed the benchtool error when reporting test time with multiple threads. I'll commit the fix to the repo when I've finished a few tests, I'm happy it's working correctly (confirming with unix time command).13:41
<awoods>tecoripa: nice13:42
* github-ff joins13:46
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods closed pull request #6: adds a builder for use in production and tests for the evaluation context (master...master) http://git.io/44ONvg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "If a user creates a new object (POST /<path-to-parent-or-not>), the location that they see in the response ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064869413:51
* travis-ci joins13:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#14 (master - 94a63e6 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/compare/e9d8bce40e8e...94a63e6f369f
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24816240
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins13:56
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] escowles opened pull request #7: Adding resource finder implementation (master...resource-finder) http://git.io/CE01rg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/7" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690002
Esme Cowles finished "XACML resource finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690002
* ermadmix joins14:04
<tecoripa>afk14:21
* tecoripa leaves14:22
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater started "Create XACML policies that enforce basic roles of reader, writer and admin" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688962
<benpennell2>what checkstyle plugin is everyone using in eclipse? I downloaded "Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in" but also have a "Checkstyle configuration plugin for M2Eclipse"14:23
one of those seems to have automatically generated .checkstyle files in every module annoyingly.14:24
* benpennell1 joins14:31
<escowles>afk14:32
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "XACML resource finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069000214:44
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods closed pull request #7: Adding resource finder implementation (master...resource-finder) http://git.io/CE01rg
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins14:51
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#16 (master - 4862e8d : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/compare/94a63e6f369f...4862e8dd395a
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24820088
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Move git repos to new git organization" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067134214:52
* dwilcox leaves15:00
* dwilcox joins15:09
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods started "XACML Triple Resource Attribute Finder Module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069015015:25
* github-ff joins15:27
[fcrepo-module-auth-xacml] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/QuT2nw
fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/master 097c77b Andrew Woods: Non-functional formatting change...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins15:34
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml#17 (master - 097c77b : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/compare/4862e8dd395a...097c77b452db
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/builds/24822744
* travis-ci leaves
* benpennell1 leaves15:53
* dwilcox leaves15:54
* dwilcox joins15:55
* tecoripa joins15:58
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "XACML resource finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069000215:59
* dwilcox leaves16:24
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:26
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater edited "Update Properties CRUD doc to include read operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098122216:29
Scott Prater started "Update Properties CRUD doc to include read operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098122216:30
Scott Prater added comment: "Completed. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Properties+CRUD" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70981222
Scott Prater finished "Update Properties CRUD doc to include read operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70981222
* escowles leaves17:03
* ermadmix leaves17:24
<tecoripa>ksclarke: ping17:35
* tecoripa leaves17:42
<ksclarke>tecoripa19:01
oh, no, missed you
* ksclarke leaves19:02
* edInCo leaves19:14
<cbeer>awoods: pong, from forever ago?19:17
<awoods>cbeer: I was just curious about PR:338. It is a gem, but I am reluctant to push it in with the three new unit-test-less classes. How would you like to handle that?20:11
cbeer: Also, any reason not to yank LowLevelCacheEntry.java?
<cbeer>awoods: i think escowles said he was going to look at it. on the other hand, there is IT coverage for all that, I believe20:12
awoods: offhand, it seems safe to yank20:13
<awoods>cbeer: I will see what escowles has up his sleeve. Otherwise, you feel comfortable with the level of testing provided by the ITs on those classes?
<cbeer>awoods: yes. i'd argue it's more valuable than any unit testing either.
because those classes, by their very nature, are poking down in the MODE/ISPN layers20:14
<awoods>cbeer: I will make some tickets, and push it in... LowLevelCacheEntry?
<cbeer>17:13 ] cbeer> awoods: offhand, it seems safe to yank20:15
<awoods>cbeer: good.20:16
<cbeer>awoods: thanks.
<awoods>cbeer: btw, having PR:338 sliced into separate commits made the interpretation much easier. thanks.20:18
<cbeer>it's a nasty one, that's for sure.
awoods: and dropping e.g. self-healing is (presumably) ok by you?
<awoods>cbeer: yes, it seemed like a feature people like the idea of, but I am not sure how many folks will have two duplicated backend stores... and it seemed a little coupled. I am happy to bring in bells and whistles once things settle.20:20
<cbeer>agreed. glad we're on the same page20:21
i'll rebase the modeshape40 branch on top of master some time next week
awoods: oh, and rhauch cut MODE 3.7.3 for us today
i'll try to PR that, unless someone beats me to it. it should be a no-brainer.20:22
(and that'll fix the outstanding AF/references issue)
awoods: afk, have a good weekend.20:23
* github-ff joins21:07
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 8 new commits to master: http://git.io/UG3MzQ
fcrepo4/master 434cd85 Chris Beer: Update NodeRdfContext to be more defensive about missing type information
fcrepo4/master 05e7fca Chris Beer: Accept null values for comparing against a calculated checksum
fcrepo4/master dba04ca Chris Beer: Remove the self-healing-after-fixity-check-failure feature...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ae8d5b019f95...c719b68c7508" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069993221:08
* github-ff joins21:09
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #338: Refactor fixity-related methods (master...refactor-fixity) http://git.io/V7UhWA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Refactor and future-proof fixity-related code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70699932
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted refactor-fixity at 0bfb112: http://git.io/KXz-Cg
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins21:20
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1940 (master - c719b68 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ae8d5b019f95...c719b68c7508
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/24841285
* travis-ci leaves
* ksclarke joins21:22
* benpennell1 joins22:10
* ksclarke leaves22:32
* ksclarke joins
* github-ff joins22:45
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/zJfEbQ
fcrepo4/master f7ef8f2 Andrew Woods: Remove LowLevelCacheEntry...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins22:57
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1941 (master - f7ef8f2 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/c719b68c7508...f7ef8f25cd92
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/24844106
* travis-ci leaves
* benpennell2 leaves23:03
* benpennell1 leaves23:51
* ksclarke leaves00:34

Generated by Sualtam