Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ermadmix joins05:02
* ermadmix leaves05:34
* ermadmix joins05:36
* ermadmix leaves06:07
* ermadmix joins06:09
* ermadmix leaves06:41
* benpennell1 joins06:47
* ermadmix joins06:55
* benpennell leaves
* ermadmix leaves07:29
* escowles joins
* ermadmix joins07:33
* ermadmix leaves08:06
* ermadmix joins08:08
* dwilcox joins08:29
* ermadmix leaves08:39
* ermadmix joins08:48
* ksclarke joins09:12
* gregjansen joins09:14
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin started "Getting lock metadata multiple times in a session throws exception." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7059766609:25
* tecoripa joins09:27
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "I force-pushed a new minimal, rebased version to the old PR." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7059766609:29
Mike Durbin finished "Getting lock metadata multiple times in a session throws exception." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7059766609:30
Andrew Woods added comment: "This ticket may be obsolete once the PR is committed: ""
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/338
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70910668
Andrew Woods edited "Clean-up HTML view of fcr:versions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70910668
* dwilcox leaves09:53
* github-ff joins09:54
[fcrepo4] mikedurbin opened pull request #350: Updated VersionServiceImpl to add mix:versionable when user attempts to ... (master...easier-versioning) http://git.io/wHIMQw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/350" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70289498
Mike Durbin finished "Add mix:versionable mixin (if missing) when user attempts to snapshot a version of a node." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70289498
Benjamin Pennell added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068813409:55
* dwilcox joins
<pivotal-bot>Benjamin Pennell finished "Create XACML AuthZ Project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688134
Mike Durbin started "Run integration tests with Filesystem Federation configured" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6944433610:00
* mikeAtUVa joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Create XACML AuthZ Project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068813410:02
Benjamin Pennell added comment: "Just to confirm, we want to resolve the javadoc warnings in #1 rather than updating the javadoc plugin?..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6974710810:12
Andrew Woods added comment: "This clean-up is great, @cbeer, thanks for taking it on. There are a few review comments, but would otherwi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069993210:23
Andrew Woods rejected "Refactor and future-proof fixity-related code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70699932
Andrew Woods added comment: "That is correct: fix not mask." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6974710810:26
* longshou joins10:29
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/pull/3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068886810:31
Gregory Jansen finished "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688868
Gregory Jansen edited "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688868
<tecoripa>awoods,escowles: the jms indexer build problem on RHEL5 is definitely a low-level activemq/OS interaction problem. First try after a period of time build fine; subsequent tries (usually, but not always) fail. But if I walk away and let it rest, builds fine again. Which indicates to me that some leakage is going on, some state is being preserved between runs, and expiring after some period of time.
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen edited "Create CND to express XACML policy structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068952010:32
<tecoripa>escowles: do you know offhand what file I need to edit, or what system property I need to set, to get activemq debug logging? -Dlog.org.apache.activemq=DEBUG does nothing...10:33
<awoods>tecoripa++ for setting up new CI server!
<tecoripa>awoods: I can ask, but... don't get your hopes up.
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added "Create XACML evaluation context in authz delegate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70943414
<tecoripa>awoods: can a call go out to the Fedora partners for volunteers?
<awoods>tecoripa-- dashing hopes10:34
<escowles>tecoripa: you'll need to edit the logback config file (*/src/test/resources/logback-test.xml) to add that -- each package has to be in the config file with a System property variable in order to work
<awoods>tecoripa: maybe, although some members of the dev team will need ssh access.
<tecoripa>awoods: tecoripa++ + tecoripa-- = tecoripa
<gregjansen>tecoripa: hahahaah10:35
<tecoripa>awoods: an isolated VM should be okay, I suppose... that's what I was going to run by the sysadmins here
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods Should I work on it now or wait until the PR above committed?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7091066810:36
<escowles>tecoripa/awoods: maybe related: i'm seeing lots of failures when using the rest api to upload files to a federated filesystem (e.g, i can upload 21 files, but #22 fails consistently) -- i think the cacheTtlSeconds parameter may not be working, because if i wait 60 seconds or so, some thing work
<awoods>escowles: on a similar note, I get FedoraNodesIT test failures on uploading to the projection.10:37
sometimes
<tecoripa>escowles: I'm looking at the activemq producer flow control. I don't completely understand it, but Google sez it's a likely source for problems/solutions
* dwilcox leaves10:38
<escowles>i think there may be a threading issue because i'm seeing errors reading the sidecar JSON files -- and the files are fine on disk when i look at them (so maybe it's trying to read when the previous update is trying to write)
<tecoripa>escowles: the jms indexer uses topics, not queues, correct?
<awoods>longshou: you can either test to see if the HTML issue falls out with the mentioned PR (you can pull down the PR locally to test), or you can wait and start the CRUD operations ticket.10:39
<escowles>tecoripa: i'm not sure -- i get confused between what fcrepo4 does and what my local repo does
<tecoripa>escowles: I thought the same thing, but that doesn't explain the test timeouts I'm seeing... I go to Fedora, and the object is up-to-date, as expected. but the message isn't getting through
<awoods>longshou: https://help.github.com/articles/checking-out-pull-requests-locally
* edInCo joins10:44
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "http://sunxacml.sourceforge.net/guide.html#extending-finder" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068968010:45
Gregory Jansen added comment: "http://sunxacml.sourceforge.net/guide.html#extending-finder" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069015010:46
Gregory Jansen edited "XACML Triple Resource Attribute Finder Module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690150
Gregory Jansen added comment: "http://sunxacml.sourceforge.net/guide.html#extending-finder" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690002
Gregory Jansen added comment: "http://sunxacml.sourceforge.net/guide.html#extending-finder" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70695916
Gregory Jansen added comment: "http://sunxacml.sourceforge.net/guide.html#extending-finder" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70696018
<escowles>awoods: what is your sense of the interest in a writable federated filesystem?10:47
<awoods>escowles: from a call yesterday, at least one F4 institution has interest.10:48
<escowles>the failing ITs plus the failures i'm seeing in trying to test are making me nervous
<awoods>escowles: and it is required for caching properties
escowles: you have dug very deep yet?10:49
<escowles>not really -- i've been trying to slow down the testing script to avoid TTL issues, so i can get something automated running to test at scale10:50
* github-ff joins10:51
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Uzx4pA
fcrepo4/master 2afdcf0 Mike Durbin: Added integration test for FedoraLocks....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/2afdcf07f701fb4026acbe93fe256fc43a5883ee" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7059766610:52
Andrew Woods delivered "Getting lock metadata multiple times in a session throws exception." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70597666
Benjamin Pennell added comment: "https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/XACML+Authorization+Module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70689520
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #341: Added session.logout() where missing from REST call implementations. (master...lock-view-bug) http://git.io/ZUG6fw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods Please let me know once I can work on it. Thanks." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7091066810:56
* github-ff joins10:57
[fcrepo4] awoods created hierarchy from master (+0 new commits): http://git.io/aTJdpg
* github-ff leaves
* dwilcox joins
<tecoripa>technical problems... joining here shortly11:02
* nikhiltri joins
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Perfect, @longshous. Those are exactly the kinds of issues I was hoping you would uncover. Please create se..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-05-08+-+Fedora+Committer+Meeting11:04
* travis-ci joins11:12
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1936 (hierarchy - 2afdcf0 : Mike Durbin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/hierarchy
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/24718943
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>wow, conference call spam... i never saw that before11:18
<benpennell1>spam or prank i wonder11:25
* daines joins11:27
https://github.com/gregjan/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml11:28
<tecoripa>carmen has an invitation just for us!11:29
<benpennell1>calls back up i take it?11:30
two of them this time11:31
<awoods>there were too many
<escowles>shall we try the hangout? isn't our limit 15 now?
<awoods>yes
<tecoripa>gregjansen: I'm a little out of my depth here...
<awoods>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug811:32
<tecoripa>but does the framework allow for plugging in an extrenal PDP later, if we want?
<daines>https://github.com/gregjan/fcrepo-module-auth-xacml/blob/master/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/auth/xacml/XACMLAuthorizationDelegate.java11:35
* dwilcox leaves11:40
* dwilcox joins11:42
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen edited "Create XACML evaluation context in authz delegate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7094341411:55
Andrew Woods edited "Implement XACML policy finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068968011:57
Esme Cowles edited "XACML resource finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70690002
Andrew Woods edited "XACML Triple Resource Attribute Finder Module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069015012:01
Andrew Woods edited "XACML SubjectAttributeFinderModule" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70695916
Andrew Woods edited "XACML EnvironmentAttributeFinderModule" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069601812:02
Scott Prater edited "XACML EnvironmentAttributeFinderModule" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069601812:03
* daines leaves12:06
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods unstarted "Property CRUD performance testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7026694612:12
* github-ff joins12:18
[fcrepo4] lsitu opened pull request #351: Updated Post Replace POST auto-hierarchy with UUIDPidMinter. (master...feature/uuid) http://git.io/8pGKMw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/351" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064866612:19
Andrew Woods added comment: "On minor name-change comment, then we are ready to go." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068886812:25
Andrew Woods rejected "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688868
<awoods>longshou: do you have a moment to chat?
<longshou>Yes.12:27
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods : Sure. But I don't see the PR merged to the development branch, and it looks like ticket https://..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
<awoods>longshou: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/c1glu6soq43r1rr6ou17qtobug812:28
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added "Create new Continuous Integration host" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7095342012:34
Scott Prater added comment: "The failing tests are "Test indexer should have received an update message" for all three tests in IndexerG..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067342612:36
Scott Prater finished "Fix fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067342612:37
<ksclarke>awoods: you've said there are intellij licenses for those who want one?12:40
I'm documenting differences between checkstyle and eclipse and it would be good to see what intellij does with these issues12:41
<awoods>on a call
<cbeer>ksclarke: i'll forward it to you12:45
<ksclarke>thanks cbeer
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Adding 22nd file to federated filesystem with REST API fails" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7095453212:47
Andrew Woods edited "Unit and Integration tests to 80%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067884212:49
* longshou leaves12:52
* ermadmix leaves13:04
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater started "Property CRUD performance testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7026694613:24
<ksclarke>question for any intellij users: I see Settings > Code Style but I don't see a way to edit "Code Style Schemes"; I do see an Import which can import an Eclipse XML format but is there a way to edit the default IntelliJ style theme (to adjust line length, for instance) or do IntelliJ users just import Eclipse styles?13:26
nevermind, found it13:29
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen started "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068886813:34
Gregory Jansen finished "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688868
Gregory Jansen accepted "Create XACML AuthZ Project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068813413:35
Esme Cowles added comment: "During the first step of this process (figuring out how many files can go in a single directory before perfo..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70724572
Gregory Jansen added comment: "I think the master plan is done. Some additional things will fall out of implementation." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648810
Gregory Jansen finished "AuthZ master plan?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648810
* ermadmix joins13:36
* tecoripa leaves13:38
* longshou joins
* tecoripa joins13:41
okay a real newbie question: the rest URL is http://server:8080/rest/, correct?13:42
<escowles>tecoripa: yes, if you're running with mvn jetty:run13:45
<tecoripa>I just built master, and ran "mvn jetty:run", and I go to that URL, and I get a 404. I just need to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.13:46
<escowles>i've seen that if there's a problem starting up the repo, jetty will start and listen to 8080, but the rest api won't be at /rest/
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Getting lock metadata multiple times in a session throws exception." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7059766613:47
<escowles>tecoripa: i think that's also what happens if you do mvn jetty:run in the top level of fcrepo4 instead of in fcrepo-webapp
<tecoripa>escowles: ah, thanks. I thought that might be the issue.13:48
<escowles>i've made that mistake a few times -- maybe there's a way to prevent that from working, or output an error message? or even better, make it use fcrepo-webapp somehow...13:49
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ finished "Replace POST auto-hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648666
<tecoripa>escowles: yes, I just RTFM'd the README more carefully now, and I see the all-important "fcrepo-webapp"13:50
<gregjansen>hey XACML implementors, I went ahead and merged the PR after taking advice from awoods. You can start from master now.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Replace POST auto-hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648666
Esme Cowles started "XACML resource finder module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7069000213:51
<tecoripa>escowles: it would be nice if the mvn job could do that for me, but it's such a low priority, I can't even see it from up here.
escowles: kind of embarassing... shows how much I've actually *run* fcrepo4 recently (i.e., not a lot)
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "AuthZ master plan?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064881013:52
<escowles>tecoripa: i run it all the time -- but with a script
<tecoripa>escowles: that's the Unix(tm) way. I should do that, too.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7068886813:53
Longshou Situ started "Unit and Integration tests to 80%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067884213:54
<cbeer>escowles: i've got a Fedora 4 API problem.. and i'm not sure whether it's something i need to bake more brains into the client, or if it's an actual deficiency in our API13:56
escowles: it has to do with adding a new datastream to an object
i'm struggling with how to create a datastream (which must have content) and add properties to it (e.g. a dsLabel equivalent , i guess)13:58
the way i can work out how to do it right now (but don't have client support for yet), is to make two requests:13:59
<escowles>cbeer: right now, you'd have to make one request with the content to create the ds, and then a second with rdf/sparql-update to set a property
<cbeer>exactly.
that kinda seems like a pain, doesn't it?
<escowles>so...more of a pain than multipart/form-data?
<awoods>cbeer: what happened to "multipart/mixed"?14:00
<cbeer>i guess you could open a transaction, create a datastream object with some content, PUT some binary stream and commit the transaction
awoods: i didn't consider the batch api. you're right, maybe this is just a batch of 2.
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API+-+Batch+Operations
<cbeer>very well acquainted with the API14:01
<escowles>yes, a batch of 2 makes sense
<awoods>cbeer: I imagine writing it helps.
* ermadmix leaves14:08
* ermadmix joins14:10
* github-ff joins14:14
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to hierarchy: http://git.io/Po5nHA
fcrepo4/hierarchy dfc4bc9 lsitu: Apply auto-hierarchy with the HierarchyConverter for objects, and fixed...
fcrepo4/hierarchy 3b2a723 lsitu: Updated Post Replace POST auto-hierarchy with UUIDPidMinter.
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "PR:349 has been merged into the "hierarchy" branch: ""14:15
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/dfc4bc94f5483..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
Andrew Woods added comment: "PR:351 has been merged into the "hierarchy" branch: ""14:16
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/3b2a723b23020..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648666
Andrew Woods delivered "Replace POST auto-hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648666
<awoods>longshou: feel free to start a fork off of the "hierarchy" branch for your "transparent-hierarchy" tickets: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commits/hierarchy14:17
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Create new Continuous Integration host" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7095342014:19
Andrew Woods accepted "Fix fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70673426
Andrew Woods added comment: "You may want to create a more rounded tree as well: 100/100/100/100" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7072457214:22
<awoods>afk
* travis-ci joins14:29
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1938 (hierarchy - 3b2a723 : lsitu): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/2afdcf07f701...3b2a723b2302
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/24734420
* travis-ci leaves
<tecoripa>escowles: I'm working on getting benchtools working... it's starting to be pretty long in the tooth
<escowles>tecoripa: i haven't used it recently -- the scope's (predictably) expanded quite a bit14:30
<tecoripa>escowles: anyways, I'm running into a new problem, and I wonder if I'm missing something in the RESTful api
escowles: so: "curl -X POST http://server:8080/rest/objects/testobj" should create a new object at the point, correct?14:31
escowles: I'm getting a 404.
<escowles>tecoripa: not anymore -- we've switched to PUT if you want to specify the final URI, and POST if you want to provide a slug for a child to be created14:32
<tecoripa>escowles: but I can add an object through the web UI, which leads me to believe I'm missing something new in the API?
escowles: ah, ok. I suppose the docs should be updated, then?
<escowles>do the docs still say you can do POST to a new URI?14:33
<tecoripa>yes
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API#RESTfulHTTPAPI-Objects
<escowles>yep, those do need to be updated14:34
<tecoripa>awoods: time for a ticket?14:36
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "Update REST API docs with new POST/PUT behavior for creating objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70965620
<tecoripa>awoods: oh, never mind
escowles: and too add a datastream, also PUT?14:38
to add14:39
<escowles>either PUT to fcr:content or POST to the parent
basically, PUT is used when you are providing the full URI, POST is used when you want the repo to auto-generate IDs for you14:40
<tecoripa>escowles: ok, thanks14:41
escowles: and the PUT encompasses both create and idempotent update?14:43
<escowles>tecoripa: yes
<tecoripa>escowles: and same logic applies to sparql updates, PUT instead of POST when specifying the full URI?14:50
<escowles>you mean creating new nodes with sparql-update content? yes, that would be PUT with the full URI14:51
<tecoripa>right, okay
how about sparql selects? are those still POSTs?
<escowles>yes, i think the sparql select stuff is unaffected by this14:52
<tecoripa>and last question (for now, I think): PUT is also the new rule to create transactions, too? PUT /rest/fcr:tx?14:54
<escowles>i don't think that's changed -- it should be POST for creating new transactions
<tecoripa>escowles: ok, thanks. That takes care of all the REST methods in benchtool.14:55
* ermadmix leaves15:05
<tecoripa>awoods: has anyone done any load testing with 10,000 small objects at a single level in the hierarchy? that shouldn't cause a problem, should it?15:19
awoods: I dimly recall some load tests done with that back when, and I think they ran okay15:20
* ermadmix joins15:37
* dwilcox leaves16:33
<tecoripa>escowles: so is the preferred way to create a new property on a node to PUT a sparql-update INSERT query?16:39
hmm, escowles doesn't appear to be around... anyone?16:47
* dwilcox joins16:49
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:54
<awoods>tecoripa: Here are the recent tests that ksclarke did with objects in a single directory: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Flat+Hierarchies+Testing17:08
tecoripa: updating properties you want to use PATCH17:09
<tecoripa>thanks: looks like 10,000 objects is pretty minimal
<ksclarke>tecoripa: 10k was fine
<tecoripa>@awoods: while I have your attention...
<awoods>tecoripa: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Properties+CRUD17:10
<tecoripa>awoods: yep, found that, am using it
<awoods>tecoripa: I am back, no rush
<tecoripa>awoods: is sparql update a PUT now?17:11
<awoods>tecoripa: ?? PATCH, from previous link.
* dwilcox leaves17:12
<tecoripa>awoods: escowles and I discovered that some of the REStful documentation is out-of-date. hence the followup question.
<awoods>tecoripa: sure17:13
<tecoripa>awoods, oops, just saw your response above -- thanks
awoods: the "R" is missing from the "Properties CRUD" doc. As soon as I figure that out, I'll add that, too.17:15
awoods: are sparql-select queries the preferred method to retrieve properties?
<awoods>tecoripa: I guess it depends on what you are doing. A simple GET on the resource will give you the properties.17:16
<tecoripa>awoods. okay. so the Properties CRUD should show both GET and a PATCH sparql SELECT query... right?17:18
<awoods>tecoripa: sounds right
<tecoripa>awoods: thanks, I'll create a ticket for that.
<awoods>tecoripa: thank you17:19
* gregjansen leaves17:21
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added "Update Properties CRUD doc to include read operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098122217:23
<tecoripa>awoods: if you're still around let me see if I have this straight:17:40
<awoods>tecoripa: here
<tecoripa>the only way to view an individual property on a node is to execute a GET request on the endpoint /fcr:sparql, or a PATCH request on the node, and pass in an appropriate select statement, correct?17:41
erp, POST on fcr:sparql17:42
so: curl -X POST -H "Content-Type:application/sparql-query" http://server:8080/rest/fcr:sparql ... and pass in a sparql query17:44
<awoods>tecoripa: sounds right17:45
for fcr:sparql
<tecoripa>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API#RESTfulHTTPAPI-SPARQL
so the GET method... you submit a HTML form with some triples... or with the POST method and PATCH method, you submit a sparql query17:46
<awoods>tecoripa: I do not think PATCH would be used for querying.17:47
tecoripa: are you trying to work out your tests?
<tecoripa>awoods: okay. so just GET (HTML form) and POST (SELECT sqparql query).
awoods: yes. Benchtool is pretty out-of-date; I'm bringing it up to speed, and adding methods to CRUD on properties.17:48
awoods: fwiw, I think benchtool has reached the limits of its usefulness. next load testing project I have, I'm going to try Grinder.
<awoods>tecoripa: it may be easiest to look at: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-transform/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/transform/http/FedoraSparql.java17:50
tecoripa: and possibly: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-api/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/http/api/FedoraFieldSearch.java17:51
tecoripa: fwiw, I have also run into some timing bugs with benchtool.17:52
tecoripa: in multi-threaded runs
<tecoripa>yeah, fasseg and I went around some on how he was doing timings. I offered some fixes to him, but I don't recall if he included them.
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added comment: "GET /rest/fcr:sparql + HTML form, or POST to node + sparql SELECT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098122217:55
* ermadmix leaves17:58
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Hierarchy: Location response URL on object creation is unexpected" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098443618:09
Andrew Woods edited "Hierarchy: Location response URL on object creation is unexpected" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70984436
Andrew Woods edited "Hierarchy: Location response URL on object creation is unexpected" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70984436
Andrew Woods added "Hierarchy: 404 on object PUT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098476818:12
Andrew Woods edited "Hierarchy: 404 on object PUT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70984768
Andrew Woods added "Hierarchy: Datastreams created at a level too high" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098493418:15
Andrew Woods edited "Hierarchy: Datastreams created at a level too high" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70984934
* ksclarke leaves18:18
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Hierarchy: 404 on datastream creation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70985150
Andrew Woods edited "Hierarchy: 404 on datastream creation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70985150
* fcrepo-bot joins18:37
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Unit and Integration tests to 80%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067884218:50
Andrew Woods accepted "Replace POST auto-hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648666
Andrew Woods accepted "Create a XACML AuthZ delegate and finder module stubs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70688868
Andrew Woods added comment: "See follow-on tickets: ""18:51
#70984436
#70984768
#70984934
#70985150" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
Andrew Woods accepted "Employ transparent auto-hierarchy for objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
* tecoripa leaves19:00
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Unit and Integration tests to 80%" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7067884219:02
* github-ff joins19:13
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/K-cFJQ
fcrepo4/master 4887f22 Mike Durbin: Updated VersionServiceImpl to add mix:versionable when user attempts to create versions.
fcrepo4/master ae8d5b0 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #350 from mikedurbin/easier-versioning...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Add mix:versionable mixin (if missing) when user attempts to snapshot a version of a node." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70289498
* nikhiltri leaves19:20
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "@awoods I am going to make it more clear regarding what actions we need to take next. With the latest code..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70648694
* travis-ci joins19:25
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1939 (master - ae8d5b0 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/2afdcf07f701...ae8d5b019f95
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/24755342
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Phantom federated directories" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098999219:33
Andrew Woods added "Repository size unchanged after federation delete" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099012419:35
Andrew Woods edited "Phantom federated directories" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098999219:36
* fcrepo-bot leaves19:39
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Missing ETAG on federation COPY" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099036019:40
* edInCo leaves
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ started "Hierarchy: Location response URL on object creation is unexpected" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098443619:44
Andrew Woods added "Missing properties on federation MOVE" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099073019:46
* dwilcox joins19:50
<pivotal-bot>Longshou Situ added comment: "I think the problem is mainly caused by the HierarchyConverter which failed to convert/revert the in-comin..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098443619:54
Longshou Situ started "Hierarchy: Datastreams created at a level too high" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098493419:55
Longshou Situ added comment: "Yes. It's weird. A little messy with the HierarchyConverter." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098493420:02
Longshou Situ started "Hierarchy: 404 on object PUT" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098476820:05
Andrew Woods added "Strawman design of F4 and IIIF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70991704
Andrew Woods edited "Strawman design of F4 and IIIF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099170420:06
Longshou Situ added comment: "I think this is another messy issue caused by the HierarchyConverter, which is trying to hide the auto-hie..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098476820:07
* dwilcox leaves20:08
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "XSLT strawman design" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70991882
Andrew Woods added "HTTP Projection" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7099192220:09
Longshou Situ added comment: "I think this is another problem caused by the HierarchyConverted, which failed to convert/revert path prod..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7098515020:14
Longshou Situ started "Hierarchy: 404 on datastream creation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70985150
* longshou leaves21:28
* ksclarke joins21:52
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "The main thing is that we would like the hierarchy to be transparent to the user. The fact that auto-hierar..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/7064869423:14
* longshou joins23:15

Generated by Sualtam