Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins03:35
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg started "Add SPARQL actions to bench-tool" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6651423603:56
* kaarefc leaves03:59
* github-ff joins04:07
[fcrepo4] fasseg created eclipse-formatter-120 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/9PyyXg
fcrepo4/eclipse-formatter-120 2887d2d fasseg: Changed the formatting template max line width to 120....
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg added "Change Eclipse template to 120 line width" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6878434204:08
Frank Asseg started "Change Eclipse template to 120 line width" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68784342
* github-ff joins04:10
[fcrepo4] fasseg opened pull request #273: Changed the formatting template max line width to 120. (master...eclipse-formatter-120) http://git.io/b21FJQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg added comment: "PR: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/273" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68784342
Frank Asseg finished "Change Eclipse template to 120 line width" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68784342
Frank Asseg added comment: "@benjaminpennell @awoods I did the rebase and changed formatting. oSo the PR is ready for inspection again" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6651423604:18
Frank Asseg finished "Add SPARQL actions to bench-tool" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66514236
* travis-ci joins04:22
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1670 (eclipse-formatter-120 - 2887d2d : fasseg): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/2887d2d1968d
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22166500
* travis-ci leaves
* jcoyne joins07:17
* jcoyne leaves07:27
* dwilcox joins08:23
* github-ff joins08:43
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #273: Changed the formatting template max line width to 120. (master...eclipse-formatter-120) http://git.io/b21FJQ
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins09:02
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1672 (master - ec72fff : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/13fa308f096d...ec72fffbed71
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22183267
* travis-ci leaves
* jcoyne joins09:08
* gregjansen joins09:18
* ksclarke joins09:28
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added "Upgrade to Spring 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6880219209:56
* github-ff joins10:09
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created Spring4 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/NI2W5Q
fcrepo4/Spring4 6c87cea ajs6f: Upgrade to Spring 4
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods accepted "Change Eclipse template to 120 line width" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6878434210:10
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #274: Upgrade to Spring 4 (master...Spring4) http://git.io/7OgWQA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/274" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68802192
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka finished "Upgrade to Spring 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68802192
Andrew Woods deleted "Clean up authz / container and credentials scenarios and setups tag tickets" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6053529810:15
* ajs6f joins10:16
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods deleted "Remove unused filter paths callback from the PEP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60372788
<ajs6f>awoods: I dropped you a PR to upgrade Spring— should be a no-brainer, I think.10:17
<awoods>ajs6f: I saw that. My experience with spring upgrades is that they are rarely simple... but I will do a little bit of local testing and cross my fingers.10:18
<ajs6f>awoods: It built perfectly for me the first time, but YMMV.
awoods: I will be a bit late to this morning's call, but I have nothing to say about c4l that Esme or Ed Fujikawa couldn't say just as well.10:21
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins10:24
* scossu joins10:36
* dwilcox leaves10:41
* dwilcox joins10:42
* dwilcox leaves10:46
* dwilcox joins10:58
* ajs6f leaves11:01
* ajs6f joins11:02
* escowles joins11:04
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-04-03+-+Fedora+Committer+Meeting
* gregjansen leaves11:08
<ksclarke>is there a branch where this work is being done? I'd be interested in checking it out11:29
<ajs6f>HIerarchyTranslator.
* edInCo joins
<ksclarke>thanks
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2014-04-03+-+Fedora+Committer+Meeting11:33
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68662964
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Execute cross-backend performance testing regime (unscheduled) / owner:
* ajs6f leaves11:57
* ajs6f joins
<scossu>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Art+Institute+of+Chicago+Use+Case+-+Structural+Validation12:01
<ajs6f>Don't we do that via RDFS already?
* gregjansen joins12:06
* escowles leaves12:10
* scossu leaves12:16
* barmintor joins12:20
* ksternad joins12:25
* gregjansen leaves12:30
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods finished "Unhandled exception on 404 within Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6775468612:31
* scossu joins12:46
* dwilcox leaves12:55
* scossu leaves
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves12:59
* dwilcox joins13:00
* github-ff joins13:02
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/8YhVMg
fcrepo4/master 7702598 Kai Sternad: Unhandled exception on 404 within Transactions...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/77025982b22d318f786ee061a55f78df50752b05" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67754686
Andrew Woods delivered "Unhandled exception on 404 within Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67754686
* github-ff joins13:03
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #271: Unhandled exception on 404 within Transactions (master...fcrepo-67754686) http://git.io/kErj1Q
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>benpennell1: can you give this a review: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6651423613:10
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Add SPARQL actions to bench-tool (finished) / owner: Frank Asseg
* scossu joins13:26
<pivotal-bot_____>Stefano Cossu started "Support for authentication in JMS indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6492915613:27
<scossu>ajs6f: I see the relationships now. It would be nice, though, to be able to filter results by node type via the REST API instead of receiving the RDF for the whole schema and then filter it.13:33
<ajs6f>scossu: Sure. Sounds like a goo ticket.13:34
good.
<scossu>ajs6f: ok, I'll open it.
* travis-ci joins13:36
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1676 (master - 7702598 : Kai Sternad): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ec72fffbed71...77025982b22d
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22203187
* travis-ci leaves
<scossu>ajs6f: is a transformation applicable to this? Such as what we have for nodes, where Fedora can serve pre-formatted JSON, XML, etc.?
<ajs6f>scossu: That endpoint only works for nodes.13:37
You can open a ticket to make it available for other kinds of RDF, if you like.13:38
<scossu>ajs6f: I was interested in the JSON/XML output, but that's not critical.13:39
One of our clients is not so RDF-friendly (i.e. has no RDF parsing libraries available).
<ajs6f>scossu: Might be better to provide an external-to-the-repo translation layer...13:40
<scossu>ajs6f: that would be my solution.
<ajs6f>scossu: Apache Camel is nice for that kind of thing.13:41
<scossu>ajs6f: I have heard quite a bit about it, still have to look more deeply. Thanks.
<ajs6f>scossu: Some folks at Northwestern have been using it— you might way to get in touch with them.13:42
<scossu>Great.
ajs6f: alternatively to extending the node type API, I was thinking about letting the JMS indexer pass the nodetype triples to an external triplestore, so queries can be made more easily there. But I'm concerned about security.13:48
<ajs6f>scosu: The nodetypes are not emitting events into JMS. Only actual resources do that. That would be another ticket. {grin}13:55
<scossu>ajs6f: Do you think the latter solution would be better?13:56
<ajs6f>scossu: Depends on what your secutiry concnerns are13:57
* benpennell joins
* benpennell1 leaves
* jcoyne leaves
* gregjansen joins14:01
* gregjansen leaves
<scossu>ajs6f: I mean coding and architecture-wise. I might look into the JMS indexer code and see if there is a way to route those triples to a separate data source, so schema information is not mixed with public data.14:02
<ajs6f>scossu: I don't think you understand: those triples will never be indexed.
There are no Fedora resources to which nodetypes are associated.
So those changes will never be emitted.
<scossu>Got it. So it's a no-go.
<ajs6f>Well, righ tnow.
If you like the idea of maintaining the triples for type information in a separate store..14:03
and there is much to like about that… file a ticket. :)
<scossu>Ok. So for now a solution could be to have some middleware get those triples and dump them to a separate triplestore. This way there is no additional work to be done on the Fedora side and I get the SPARQL query and JSON output for free.14:05
<ajs6f>I think that if you want to do anything clever with that semantic data, you owe it to yourself to get it into a proper semantic store. Fedora is many things, but it isn't that.14:06
<scossu>Agreed.14:07
<ajs6f> ksclarke: About to drop a big commit on that branch.14:22
<ksclarke>great, I just noted it for checking out in the off-hours14:23
<ajs6f>o, cool.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f force-pushed HierarchyTranslator from c072464 to 1d25c09: http://git.io/WLF9Ew
fcrepo4/HierarchyTranslator 4403ebe ajs6f: New translation types with unit tests
fcrepo4/HierarchyTranslator 9e39e61 ajs6f: License headers...
fcrepo4/HierarchyTranslator f9fe888 ajs6f: Checkstyle stuff
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves14:27
* ajs6f joins14:28
* ksternad leaves14:29
* gregjansen joins14:31
* scossu leaves15:06
* ajs6f leaves15:16
* ajs6f joins15:18
* github-ff joins15:29
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to HierarchyTranslator: http://git.io/nit_HA
fcrepo4/HierarchyTranslator 923060a ajs6f: Adding reverse translation to HTTP API
* github-ff leaves
* scossu joins15:32
* scossu leaves15:44
* dwilcox leaves15:49
* scossu joins15:50
* travis-ci joins15:51
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1678 (HierarchyTranslator - 923060a : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/1d25c0905191...923060acbced
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22213157
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins15:52
* ajs6f leaves16:16
* ajs6f joins16:17
* ajs6f1 joins16:18
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves16:47
* ajs6f joins16:49
* ajs6f1 joins
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f1 leaves16:51
* ajs6f joins17:02
awoods: Can we take a hangout-minute to talk about the identifier stuff?17:03
<awoods>ajs6f: sure
ready?
<ajs6f>omw
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka edited "Implement identifier translation framework" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6761836417:13
<ajs6f>awoods: Looks like that weird file system connector error went away. Probably just cosmic rays.17:14
<awoods>ajs6f: that happens17:15
* github-ff joins17:20
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to HierarchyTranslator: http://git.io/cCkqhQ
fcrepo4/HierarchyTranslator a63e427 ajs6f: Improvements to HierarchyConverter
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #275: Hierarchy translator (master...HierarchyTranslator) http://git.io/ExGChA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/275" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67618364
A. "Ropsamingo" Soroka finished "Implement identifier translation framework" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67618364
* ajs6f leaves
* travis-ci joins17:38
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1679 (HierarchyTranslator - a63e427 : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/923060acbced...a63e4276f918
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22220969
* travis-ci leaves
<ksclarke>cool looks like that stuff will be in master very soon :-)18:02
* ksclarke leaves18:09
* scossu leaves18:14
* scossu joins
* scossu leaves
* scossu joins18:16
* scossu leaves18:21
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added "Add maven versions for source and javadoc plugins" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6885030219:35
* github-ff joins19:37
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/5BnjBw
fcrepo4/master 1e1623e ajs6f: Upgrade to Spring 4
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods delivered "Upgrade to Spring 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68802192
* github-ff joins19:39
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted Spring4 at 6c87cea: http://git.io/rOXLQQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods accepted "Unhandled exception on 404 within Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67754686
* dwilcox joins19:51
* dwilcox leaves19:54
* travis-ci joins19:55
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1681 (master - 1e1623e : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/77025982b22d...1e1623e4085c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/22230306
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods accepted "Add SPARQL actions to bench-tool" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6651423620:35
Andrew Woods accepted "Upgrade to Spring 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6880219220:41
Andrew Woods edited "Add node-level or graph-level locking." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6609378820:56
Andrew Woods edited "Enable index rebuild" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6516857420:58
Andrew Woods edited "Add maven versions for source and javadoc plugins" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68850302
Andrew Woods edited "Unable to list ACL if user includes "writer" role" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68547530
Andrew Woods edited "Execute cross-backend performance testing regime" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6866296420:59
Andrew Woods deleted "Add Mulgara support to JMS Indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5819379021:00
Andrew Woods added comment: "MODE-2176 has now been fixed in 4.0.0-alpha2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6798818621:04
Andrew Woods edited "Upgrade Modeshape and Test Changing Federation Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6798818621:05
Andrew Woods added "Multiple Fedoras Feeding Single Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6885335421:07
Andrew Woods edited "Multiple Fedoras Feeding Single Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68853354
* scossu joins21:11
* scossu leaves21:15
* edInCo leaves21:24
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Fix Projection Integration Tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6868919821:51
Andrew Woods edited "Contact Mode: Many Children Performance" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68676910
Andrew Woods edited "Remove duplicate logback.xml shipped in http-api jar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6645747421:55
Andrew Woods edited "Remove duplicate logback.xml shipped in http-api jar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66457474
Andrew Woods edited "Move tests of classes which were moved kernel-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6645471221:56
Andrew Woods edited "Move tests of classes which were moved kernel-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66454712
* gregjansen leaves21:59
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "HttpGraphSubjects returning an uncaught exception from TransactionService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6582964622:00
Andrew Woods edited "Version Management" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60883346
Andrew Woods edited "Create strawman for holding ModeShape configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65979104
Andrew Woods edited "Add node-level or graph-level locking." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6609378822:01
Andrew Woods edited "RDF-ify serialization formats" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6522140422:02
Andrew Woods edited "Reduce "One-click-run" Logging" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/63493246
Andrew Woods deleted "Download to shared location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6558149822:03
Andrew Woods edited "Create Maven BOMs for fcrepo dependencies" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6357145622:05
Andrew Woods deleted "Documentation/About" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62923326
Andrew Woods edited "Property update events should have separate node and property fields" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6285448822:06
Andrew Woods edited "Enable fcrepo4 jenkins build" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6868279422:14
Andrew Woods accepted "Enable fcrepo4 jenkins build" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68682794