Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* scossu leaves00:06
* scossu joins00:36
* scossu leaves00:45
* kaarefc joins00:59
* kaarefc leaves01:13
* kaarefc joins01:38
* kaarefc leaves01:58
* kaarefc joins02:39
* scossu joins02:41
* scossu leaves02:51
* scossu joins04:46
* scossu leaves04:51
* fasseg joins06:02
* scossu joins06:46
* scossu leaves06:51
* fasseg leaves07:18
* fasseg joins07:28
* fasseg leaves07:35
* fasseg joins07:39
* fasseg leaves08:10
* fasseg joins08:18
* fasseg leaves08:39
* fasseg joins08:50
* osmandin joins08:57
* ajs6f joins08:58
* ajs6f leaves09:08
* kaarefc leaves09:10
* ajs6f joins09:12
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991009:25
A. "Flambulacio" Soroka added comment: "Perhaps we can map this exception out of the connector to throw something other than ItemNotFoun..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991009:33
Osman Din added "HIde/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6589933009:35
Osman Din added comment: "Not a bug. The read option for "externalSources" should be "readonly" not "readOnly". The proper exception is ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991009:36
Osman Din finished "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61969910
* kaarefc joins09:37
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din edited "HIde/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65899330
* gregjansen joins
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din edited "HIde/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6589933009:38
* kaarefc leaves09:43
* tecoripa joins09:44
* mikeAtUVa joins09:54
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "#6589933010:02
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61969910
* ksclarke leaves10:05
<osmandin>Exception while running plain 'mvn clean install' code. "DefaultPropertiesLoaderTest.testCustomHomeDirWithRelativeSubdirs:85 Relative subdirs are within fcrepo.home directory." https://gist.github.com/osmandin/9052162
* ksclarke joins10:08
* fasseg leaves10:09
<awoods>osmandin: Is this a new error for you? Does it happen on every build?10:10
<osmandin>awoods: yes new error for me.. i'll try in another environments10:12
<awoods>osmandin: Does it happen on every build?
<osmandin>yes, every build10:13
<awoods>osmandin: Interesting, that test was added months ago.
<osmandin>awoods: ok, it wasn't happening on the mac.. i'll look futher10:14
<awoods>All: Is anyone else unable to run a clean build with tests?
<tecoripa>I'll try now (on Linux)10:15
<awoods>I do not think we have m(any) Windows developers... except maybe osmandin?
<tecoripa>I've done some development on my Windows laptop... but it's at home right now, and I'm not.10:16
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991010:17
<osmandin>ermadmix also has a windows machine10:18
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "HIde/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6589933010:19
Andrew Woods edited "HIde/disable interface add object/ds option if FilesystemConnector is read-only" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65899330
* fasseg joins10:25
<tecoripa>built okay for me: MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m" mvn clean install10:26
<awoods>tecoripa: Linux?
<tecoripa>awoods: yes: RHEL6
<awoods>It is not surprising that the test osmandin flagged has to do with file paths, and is seen on Windows.10:27
* fasseg leaves10:37
<awoods>Is today a holiday for some universities?10:38
<tecoripa>awoods: not here. But there is a big snowstorm coming, many people here are at home or heading home early. I'm heading home around noon CST myself today.10:48
<awoods>tecoripa: That is great... then you can run the Window's build ;)10:49
<tecoripa>Yes. Yes, I can. Oh, joy. ;)
<osmandin>awoods, yes, build OK once I modified the filepaths in the test10:50
<awoods>osmandin: can you create the paths in a platform agnostic way and submit a PR?
with an associated ticket10:51
<osmandin>awoods: yeah, i'll do that..10:52
<awoods>thanks, osmandin.
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din added "Change file paths in org.fcrepo.kernel.spring.DefaultPropertiesLoaderTest to be platform-independent." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6590580411:00
<tecoripa>on my way to standup11:02
<ajs6f>omw to standup, too11:07
* scossu joins11:09
* ajs6f leaves11:12
* ajs6f joins
* fasseg joins11:17
* scossu1 joins11:19
* scossu1 leaves11:20
* scossu1 joins
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din edited "Change file paths in org.fcrepo.kernel.spring.DefaultPropertiesLoaderTest to be platform-independent." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6590580411:21
* scossu leaves
<tecoripa>hello ajs6f?11:25
you're up11:26
* ajs6f2 joins
Got dropped, now the call is full: I'll be back on the OSGi work for the indexer, and when I have a chance, I will begin producing ontology mappings for the JCR -> Fedora -> LDP sequence.11:27
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65557378
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Attempt to modularize indexer using OSGi (started) / owner: A. "Flambulacio" Soroka
<ajs6f2>and
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65507092
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Develop a formal, documented model for the mapping from JCR through a Fedora 4 ontology to LDP (unscheduled) / owner:
<ajs6f2>I will also lay some comments on Kai Strand's transaction-related PR, when he provides a new PR from his fork.11:28
* ajs6f leaves
* dwilcox_ joins11:29
<osmandin>afk11:30
<fasseg>goood the connection in this hotel in porto if awful12:03
*is
still installing and hope to join the hangout soon...
* ajs6f1 joins12:04
* ajs6f2 leaves
<osmandin>afk 3012:22
* ajs6f1 leaves12:24
* ajs6f joins12:26
* dwilcox_ leaves
* dwilcox joins12:27
* fasseg leaves12:31
* dwilcox leaves12:32
<tecoripa>gregjansen: where are you thinking it would make sense to put the Fedora/Modeshape configuration files, assuming we have our own outside WEB-INF?12:34
have you come up with a standard, reasonable default, or shall we leave it up to the implementor?
I found this helpful advice this gem in the jgroups manual: "... If this still fails, consult a system administrator to help you setup IP multicast correctly. If you are the system administrator, look for another job."12:39
<awoods>daines: Did you say you had a PR that is "finished"?12:51
ajs6f: Could you give this a review whenever you have a moment: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6581709212:52
<pivotal-bot____>bug: Correct the form for LDP Link header (/ to #) (delivered) / owner: Andrew Woods
Andrew Woods added comment: "Looks good. Pending review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6521027212:53
Andrew Woods rejected "Inject triples for supertypes into RDF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65210272
* dwilcox joins12:59
<daines>awoods: I have https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/236 but I am still adding to it13:22
<awoods>daines: ok... on a call13:23
daines: It would be great if you could wrap-up the BasicRolesPEPTest as a first ticket/commit.14:04
<daines>awoods: Yes, I'm working on that right now (I am working on coverage for recursively removing child nodes)14:06
<awoods>daines: great
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6592081414:21
Andrew Woods started "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65920814
<awoods>ajs6f: I have created a new ticket to replace the LDP namespace with a constant.14:28
<ajs6f>k
* github-ff joins14:49
[fcrepo4] awoods created ldp-ns (+1 new commit): http://git.io/70VH2Q
fcrepo4/ldp-ns 7e213cf Andrew Woods: Non-function update: Replace LDP namespace strings with constants...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:51
[fcrepo4] awoods opened pull request #238: Non-function update: Replace LDP namespace strings with constants (master...ldp-ns) http://git.io/7c39nw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/238" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65920814
Andrew Woods edited "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65920814
Andrew Woods finished "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65920814
Andrew Woods accepted "Correct the form for LDP Link header (/ to #)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65817092
<awoods>ajs6f: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6592081414:55
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage (finished) / owner: Andrew Woods
<ajs6f>What about it?
<awoods>ajs6f: review it at your leisure.
non-functional14:56
<ajs6f>I have no leisure, so I'll review now.14:57
<osmandin>afk 3014:58
* ermadmix joins15:06
<tecoripa>awoods: here's a quick status update:15:09
I have two nodes configured, and they see each other
but I'm seeing some very off behavior
every time I stop, restart one of the servers, another node gets added to the cluster (it looks like nodes are identified by their process IDs)15:10
and every time they restart, the TCP port they bind too is one higher, i.e., 7801, 7802, 7803, etc.
although I have the TCP bind_port defined on each instance as 7800 in the jgroups-fcrepo-tcp.xml file.15:11
and the snow is really coming down outside now
so I'm going to head home, and start reading jgroup documentation in earnest when I get home.15:12
<awoods>tecoripa: are you still at the office?
<tecoripa>yeah
<awoods>tecoripa: have you played around with interacting with the cluster?
<tecoripa>I thoight, let me just get the cluster running, and I'll head home...
<awoods>tecoripa: Looks like you can go home.
<tecoripa>not yet. Right now, I'm just trying to get it in a consistent state.15:13
<awoods>tecoripa: thanks for the update
<ajs6f>afk bbs
<tecoripa>awoods: no problem. Hopefully I might catch fasseg later. If not, I'll send him an email, and keep plugging away at this.15:14
<awoods>tecoripa: good luck
<tecoripa>awoods: thanks. I'll be back soon15:17
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins15:18
<awoods>ajs6f: I will go ahead and push the LDP PR into master.15:20
<ajs6f>awoods: +1
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods delivered "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6592081415:21
Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/7e213cf3b4eafc87ac67d546a9b9e4f0e3656f37" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6592081415:22
Mike Daines finished "Create unit tests for auth-roles-basic" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492102
* ajs6f1 joins
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted ldp-ns at 7e213cf: http://git.io/EHoZ9g
* github-ff leaves
<daines>awoods: I have marked the auth-roles-basic ticket as finished, and the pull request is at https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/23615:25
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/236" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492102
<awoods>daines: Great. I added your PR to the ticket.
daines: I am going to step away for an hour or so, but will review it upon my return... ajs6f will probably have some comments as well.15:26
<daines>awoods: sounds good15:27
<ajs6f1>awoods: On what?
<awoods>daines' ticket: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492102
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Create unit tests for auth-roles-basic (finished) / owner: Mike Daines
<ajs6f1>o, k
<awoods>ajs6f1: you like reviewing things.
* ajs6f joins15:28
awoods: No, I don't, but it's better than working.
* ajs6f2 joins15:29
<pivotal-bot____>Scott Prater added comment: "The cluster is set up, the nodes see each other initially, but I'm running into some cluster configuration ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65755070
* ajs6f1 leaves15:32
<awoods>afk
* ajs6f leaves
* tecoripa leaves
* travis-ci joins15:35
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1542 (master - 7e213cf : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/17a05001f3db...7e213cf3b4ea
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/19063433
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f joins15:53
* ajs6f2 leaves
* dwilcox leaves16:06
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/239 This puts all config files under WEB-INF/classes/config" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663416:16
* ajs6f leaves16:22
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "Also now fixes auth-war builds such that they run and work by default without interfering with other buil..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663416:29
Gregory Jansen finished "Consolidate war configuration files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65566634
* ajs6f joins
* ajs6f leaves16:32
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Change file paths in org.fcrepo.kernel.spring.DefaultPropertiesLoaderTest to be platform-independent." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6590580416:36
* osmandin leaves16:58
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen started "Enable auth-war maven profile to build" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6293851617:02
Gregory Jansen added comment: "I addressed this bug while consolidating configuration files for another ticket, since both involved the ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6293851617:04
Gregory Jansen added comment: "I still need to test that the resulting auth WAR actually works in tomcat. So this ticket is not finished." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62938516
Gregory Jansen started "add load balancer in front of UNC cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65504548
* gregjansen leaves17:05
* scossu1 leaves17:20
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:24
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Remove dead SessionFactory code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6593308217:36
Andrew Woods edited "Remove dead SessionFactory code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65933082
* ksclarke leaves18:10
* ksclarke joins19:03
* ermadmix leaves19:53
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Create unit tests for auth-roles-basic" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549210220:09
Andrew Woods rejected "Create unit tests for auth-roles-basic" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492102
Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending code review comments." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492102
* dwilcox joins20:15
* dwilcox leaves20:17
* dwilcox joins
* dwilcox leaves20:19
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "Replace Constant for LDP namespace usage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6592081420:21
* dwilcox joins21:03
* dwilcox leaves21:08