Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves02:18
* fcrepo-bot joins02:46
* fcrepo-bot leaves03:52
<pivotal-bot____>Frank Asseg added comment: "I rebase mode-3.7.1 on master and will create a PR if successful" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6341588404:41
Frank Asseg edited "Upgrade to ModeShape version: 3.7.1.Final" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/63415884
* kaarefc joins05:35
* kaarefc leaves06:12
* kaarefc joins06:35
* benpennell2 joins09:10
* kaarefc leaves09:19
* gregjansen joins
* osmandin joins
<gregjansen>awoods: thanks, I wasn't sure how you would want those PRs09:20
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "@frankasseg, 3.7.1 is in master." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6341588409:25
* ermadmix joins09:26
* daines joins09:33
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "SPARQL search does not find results for fcrepo:hasParent and fcrepo:hasChild" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64499514
Gregory Jansen added "Adjust docs in wiki to reflect new config defaults for modeshape." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65638788
Gregory Jansen estimated "Adjust docs in wiki to reflect new config defaults for modeshape." as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65638788
Gregory Jansen started "Adjust docs in wiki to reflect new config defaults for modeshape." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65638788
Gregory Jansen edited "Consolidate war configuration files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663409:34
* kaarefc joins
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen finished "Consolidate war configuration files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65566634
Andrew Woods edited "Inject triples for supertypes into RDF" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6521027209:35
Benjamin Pennell edited "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233809:40
Andrew Woods accepted "Complete Test Cluster specs page for UW Madison" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5969986409:41
Benjamin Pennell finished "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492338
Andrew Woods accepted "Provision UW cluster nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59943768
<awoods>ermadmix: Do you yet know your sprint schedule following sprint 11? https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Beta+Sprint+Schedule09:42
* tecoripa joins09:45
* scossu joins09:53
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen edited "Adjust docs in wiki to reflect new config defaults for modeshape." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6563878810:01
* ajs6f joins10:02
* ksclarke joins10:05
* ksclarke leaves
* ksclarke joins
* mikeAtUVa joins10:10
<scossu>awoods, Eric: if I understand correctly, the resolution for https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/684825/stories/64499514 is to use an external indexer for properties not supported by the internal sparql search?10:11
<awoods>scossu: yes10:12
<scossu>awoods: what does the fcrepo-jms-indexer commit fix? I could see fcrepo:hasParent and fcrepo:hasChild in the triplestore before too.10:13
<awoods>scossu: The commit does not fix anything. It puts in an integration test showing that the query works for the external triplestore.10:14
<scossu>awoods: Ok, thanks.
<awoods>scossu: Are you relying on the fcr:sparql endpoint in some situations and the external triplestore in others?
<scossu>awoods: if there is no plan to expand the internal sparql query I prefer using the external indexing.10:17
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "@benjaminpennell, Looks good. Pending updates from code review." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492338
<scossu>By the way, how does the file indexer work?
<ermadmix>awoods: re sprints, not sure yet, one of 12 or 1310:18
<awoods>scossu: Do you mean: org.fcrepo.indexer.FileSerializer ?10:19
thanks, ermadmix. Please update the schedule when you know more.10:22
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods rejected "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233810:23
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins
* kaarefc leaves10:24
<ajs6f>scossu: It just writes an index record to disk via a mapping to the filesystem provided in Spring config.
More of an example than anything else.10:25
Although I suppose people might find it useful.
<scossu>ajs6f: Thanks. Just wondering. For the time being, the triplestore and Solr should be the ones that we'll be using.10:26
<ajs6f>scossu: We expect those to be the heavy hitters for a while. I am hoping eventually to offer a "decorator" interface in the indexer, to, for example, augment triples going into a triplestore with inferred triples. But we have other fish to fry first.10:27
* ajs6f1 joins10:28
* ajs6f leaves
<awoods>gregjansen: for https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663410:37
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Consolidate war configuration files (finished) / owner: Gregory Jansen
<gregjansen>awoods: sorry, did I miss something?10:38
<awoods>gregjansen: Have you tested if setting the system property (fcrepo.modeshape.configuration) to an absolute file path works?
<gregjansen>I have not, but I sure can
<awoods>gregjansen: I am just thinking that duplicating the config files in the codebase clutters and confuses.10:39
<gregjansen>awoods: it is a tradeoff. I think sysadmins will want to see config files, without having to figure out which jar to dive into
<awoods>gregjansen: I certainly agree on that point.10:40
<gregjansen>awoods: increases dev confusion, decreases administrator confusion ;0
<ajs6f1>Config is not code. That's why we call it config. (That kind of helpful insight is why I'm such a valuable member of the team.)
<awoods>gregjansen: hence the absolute file path approach.10:41
<gregjansen>thanks ajs6f1, that was really helpful
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: I'm full of it. Helpfulness, that is.
<gregjansen>awoods: yes. so you are worried about my copying the default configs into the WAR project instead of referencing the ones in ?? that other module that I always forget which one is it?10:42
<awoods>gregjansen: My concern is that with this PR we now have duplicated config files in the codebase.
<gregjansen>awoods: I could include it as a maven resource and avoid duplication..10:43
awoods: that would incur a warning on the build I think
<awoods>gregjansen: "include it as a maven resource"?10:44
<gregjansen>yeah, use a <resources> block to include the file in the WAR classes
<awoods>gregjansen: where the <resources> would pull from the kernel module?
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: Using maven-remote-resources-plugin, you could even break some of this stuff out into a separate "config" artifact.
<gregjansen>awoods: the warning would result b/c the <include>../fcrepo-http-commons/...... would be outside of the module10:45
<ajs6f1>awoods: <resources> can only pull from the current project/module.
<awoods>ajs6f1/gregjansen: I like the idea of having a separate config module.
<gregjansen>ajs6f1: now I am learning something
awoods, ajs6f1: +1
<ajs6f1>I mean, you can use lots of "../.../../.." to hardcode pulls from a sibling or parent module, but that is gross.10:46
That's what remote-resources is for.
<gregjansen>awoods: that would actually give us a good place to put cluster configs and to improve them
<ajs6f1>fcrepo-we-can't-make-clustering-work-right-but-here's-our-best-guesses
<gregjansen>ajs6f1: I am taking that tip back home with me.
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: Where are you now?
<gregjansen>ajs6f1: I am at the office, but we will probably close this PM10:47
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: We don't expect to see it start until 6, but I might leave early myself to get the shopping done before crazy people descend on the stores fighting each other for toilet paper and milk.
<gregjansen> awoods: okay I really really like the config module idea. then I can stop hunting for the config files in all these different places (infinispan configs are not all in the same places, for instance)10:48
ajs6f1: making you *even more crazy*
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: Which is not a trivial accomplishment.
<gregjansen>awoods: test configs probably should be dealt with separately?10:49
awoods: talking with tecoripa yesterday, we thought that each config might be several files taken together, i.e. a modeshape.json w/infinispan.xml and jgroups, that all work well together. In other words, doing less mixing and matching between them, distributing them as an internally consistent set10:51
awoods: So an admin would grab a set of files, tweak it and push it out to their cluster.10:52
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "Going to modify fcrepo-webapp/pom.xml to copy modeshape.json and infinispan.xml from existing config file..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663410:55
Gregory Jansen started "Consolidate war configuration files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65566634
* mikeAtUVa leaves10:56
* awoods leaves
<ajs6f1>awoods: Having my usual network funkiness: my standup is that I'm slowly but steadily working through the use of Karaf KARs to deploy indexer modules.10:59
* awoods joins11:03
* mikeAtUVa joins
<ajs6f1>awoods: Having my usual network funkiness: my standup is that I'm slowly but steadily working through the use of Karaf KARs to deploy indexer modules.11:09
* ajs6f1 leaves
* ajs6f joins11:13
<fasseg>awoods: goit kicked from the call, and now it tells me it's full :/11:19
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Pennell started "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233811:21
<osmandin>afk11:23
* github-ff joins11:26
[fcrepo4] gregjan closed pull request #234: consolidates default configuration files for modeshape in the WAR under ... (master...master) http://git.io/T9OsxQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "Going to consolidate existing config files in a separate module under identical paths. Then we can procee..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6556663411:30
Benjamin Pennell finished "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233811:44
A. "Flambulacio" Soroka edited "Develop a formal, documented model for the mapping from JCR through a Fedora 4 ontology to LDP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6550709211:47
Benjamin Pennell edited "Create unit tests for auth-roles-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549211012:13
Benjamin Pennell started "Create unit tests for auth-roles-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549211012:17
* gregjansen leaves12:26
<ajs6f>awoods: Is this: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6302985212:29
<pivotal-bot____>bug: Transactions across connections not working (unstarted) / owner: Kai Sternad
<ajs6f>what we are talking aboiut?
awoods: Here:12:42
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/memento-dev/JkW0Bq7CZ8Q
You will find ann interesting conv from quite a while ago about Memento's commitment to RDF.
<awoods>ajs6f: thanks12:43
<ajs6f>awoods: No, thank _you_.
<osmandin>afk 3012:44
* tecoripa leaves12:58
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Daines added "Remove filterPathsForReading from FedoraPolicyEnforcementPoint interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6565714013:08
Andrew Woods edited "Remove filterPathsForReading from FedoraPolicyEnforcementPoint interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6565714013:24
* ermadmix leaves13:40
* ermadmix joins13:59
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Daines edited "Create unit tests for auth-roles-basic" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549210214:00
* daines leaves14:11
* ajs6f leaves14:47
* ajs6f joins
* tecoripa joins14:50
* ajs6f1 joins14:52
* ajs6f leaves
<ajs6f1>awoods: ping15:12
<awoods>ajs6f115:13
* ajs6f joins15:14
* ajs6f1 leaves
<ajs6f>There's a LDPath template extension based on Freemarker that looks pretty sweet: http://marmotta.apache.org/ldpath/template.html. Maybe we should think about switching when we have a breathing space?
<tecoripa>(it's all done now. so at your convenience)
oops, wrong window
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm just thinking about filing a ticket to remind us to look at it sometime.15:16
<awoods>ajs6f: As I recall, that template was one of the reasons we were interested in LDPath in the first place, no?15:17
<ajs6f>awoods: I seem to remember that as well, but it's been so many moons.
<awoods>ajs6f: a ticket would be a good placeholder
<ajs6f>k15:18
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Flambulacio" Soroka added "Evaluate LDPath template engine as a replacement for our homegrown Velocity-based HTML generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65668730
<ajs6f>Tickets really are good placeholders. I think I'll add a ticket for "Make Fedora 4 do everything everyone ever wanted a piece of software to do."15:19
<awoods>If only it would show up in a google search.15:20
<ajs6f>The ticket? Yes, then someone we don't know might offer a PR.
<awoods>afk15:21
<ajs6f>I'm heading out to get ahead of the approaching storm. Stay warm, everyone.
* ajs6f leaves
* edInCo joins16:01
* tecoripa leaves16:18
<awoods>fasseg: Per our earlier discussion, see: org.fcrepo.kernel.TxAwareSession.java16:49
* osmandin leaves17:37
* tecoripa joins17:41
* tecoripa leaves17:57
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "@benjaminpennell, one last comment, then this is good to go." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6549233818:07
Andrew Woods rejected "Create unit tests for auth-common" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65492338
Andrew Woods edited "Develop a formal, documented model for the mapping from JCR through a Fedora 4 ontology to LDP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6550709218:08
Andrew Woods edited "Develop a formal, documented model for the mapping from JCR through a Fedora 4 ontology to LDP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6550709218:09
Andrew Woods added "Develop plan for Global Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6568206618:14
* ksclarke leaves18:15
* ermadmix leaves18:17
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods started "Transactions across connections not working" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6302985218:52
Andrew Woods edited "Transactions across connections not working" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/63029852
* mikeAtUVa leaves18:59
* edInCo leaves19:32
* scossu leaves19:49
* benpennell21 joins20:04
* benpennell2 leaves20:06
* fcrepo-bot joins20:33
* ksclarke joins20:53
* benpennell2 leaves23:13

Generated by Sualtam