Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins03:12
* kaarefc leaves03:45
* kaarefc joins03:52
* kaarefc leaves04:35
* kaarefc joins05:05
* kaarefc leaves07:02
* kaarefc joins07:07
* kaarefc leaves07:18
* ajs6f joins08:42
* ajs6f leaves09:30
* mikeAtUVa joins09:33
* ksclarke leaves09:45
<cbeer>awoods: no news. they've opened some new blocker issues though (around clustering, it looks like)09:50
* ksclarke joins09:54
* ermadmix joins09:55
* ajs6f joins10:06
* kaarefc joins10:19
* kaarefc leaves10:26
* kaarefc joins
* escowles joins10:43
<awoods>I wonder if fasseg has done any more testing with the HEAD of ModeShape.10:46
<mikeAtUVa>I might be a few minutes late to the call....10:49
* kaarefc leaves10:50
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Make indexing gear work with Elasticsearch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6251208010:51
Andrew Woods edited "Factor execution handling into abstract superclasses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62554588
Andrew Woods edited "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120010:52
Andrew Woods edited "Update fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable to use Supplier memoization machinery from Guava" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241003410:53
Andrew Woods edited "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991010:55
* ajs6f leaves10:56
* osmandin joins10:57
* edInCo joins
* kaarefc joins11:00
* ajs6f joins11:01
Hangout?11:03
<escowles>ajs6f: readytalk
<ajs6f>urg
<escowles>866-740-1260 #225729511:04
<ajs6f>thnx
I'm here.11:05
How long can we wait?11:09
<mikeAtUVa>Where's th ticket for that?11:11
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: You can play with it, sure. I don't know what kind of use cases it will work well for.11:15
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: seeing updates reflected in a SOLR index seems like the basic use, right?
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: No, that's one particular use case that is super important.11:16
* md5wz__ joins11:20
* mikeAtUVa leaves11:21
<pivotal-bot>Eric James finished "Feature Documentation: External Search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225811411:27
<osmandin>afk, I have to run to another meeting unfortunately11:33
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Beta+Sprint+Schedule11:36
* mikeAtUVa leaves11:52
* mikeAtUVa joins11:58
* ksclarke leaves12:01
* ksclarke joins12:02
* md5wz__ joins12:20
* mikeAtUVa leaves12:21
* mikeAtUVa joins12:26
* md5wz__ leaves12:27
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated the Performance page in the admin guide with a note suggesting filesystem federation for large ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5506912612:28
* md5wz__ joins12:34
* mikeAtUVa leaves12:36
* md5wz__ leaves12:59
* edInCo leaves13:16
* ajs6f leaves13:24
* ajs6f joins13:26
* ajs6f leaves13:27
* mikeAtUVa joins13:28
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "This is a little light, but core idea is there. I tweaked the language a little bit to mention multi-tennan..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225735813:44
Esme Cowles delivered "Feature Documentation: Workspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257358
* osmandin leaves13:45
* aurum_ joins13:57
Hi all13:58
I was little curious about this project
<mikeAtUVa>Yes? I'd be happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.13:59
<aurum_>First question :- How do I contribute ?
I have worked on C, C++ but not sure what all is useful and needed here14:00
I am fine even with documentation work
<mikeAtUVa>There are lots of ways... first step would be to ask or make a suggestion on the mailing list..
<aurum_>OK
<mikeAtUVa>Have you used earlier versions of fedora in the past?14:01
<aurum_>yes .. till Fedora 14
I started with Redhat 9 .. and then it splitted into EL and fedora14:02
<mikeAtUVa>Ah... you're likely thinking of the fedora linux distribution.14:04
This channel is a much smaller more special project that happens to have the same name.
This channel relates to repository software: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+Repository+Home
If you have interest in fedora linux, I'd recommend starting at their homepage: http://fedoraproject.org/
<aurum_>This is something new14:07
I will have a look at it ... at least would like to understand what problem this project is trying to solve.14:08
* aurum_ leaves14:19
* jonathangee leaves14:33
* jonathangee joins14:40
<mikeAtUVa>ermaxmix, escowles: I've got fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable running and it's getting messages from fedora but it doesn't do what I'd expect for property updates....15:00
ermadmix, escowles: it throws an exception when it tries to get the RDF by accessing the URL for that property when I think it'd want to get the RDF of the node on which that property was set...15:01
Retrieving RDF content from: http://localhost:8080/rest/test/e5/71/18/07/e5711807-01bc-4f88-9321-cabffb1c109c/dc:title...15:02
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: that doesn't sound good
so before it was getting updates from nodes, and assumed the URI that was emitting the event was the URI to retrieve from the repo15:03
<mikeAtUVa>Would it be unreasonable to assume that if the update was to a property (PROPERTY_ADDED, PROPERTY_CHANGED, PROEPRTY_REMOVED) that the pid we're examining (for a hasIndexingTransformation) is the url upto but not including the last slash?
escowles: yeah, the code seems to reflect that expectation.15:04
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: i think that would be ok most of the time -- we have some crazy top-level properties where that wouldn't be true, but in general that would be good
<mikeAtUVa>escowles: I'll play with a fix like that and keep testing (see if I can actually get to the writing to SOLR part)15:05
escowles, though I imagine the better fix might be on the repository side...
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: yes, having the node emit the property events instead of the properties themselves (maybe with the property name in another field?)15:06
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "org.fcrepo.indexer.solr.SolrIndexer doesn't commit on record updates." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6280646616:47
Mike Durbin edited "org.fcrepo.indexer.solr.SolrIndexer doesn't commit on record updates." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62806466
Mike Durbin added "Property update messages don't result in updates by the jms-indexer-webapp." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6280665416:50
Mike Durbin edited "Property update messages don't result in updates by the jms-indexer-webapp." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62806654
Mike Durbin started "Property update messages don't result in updates by the jms-indexer-webapp." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62806654
Mike Durbin started "org.fcrepo.indexer.solr.SolrIndexer doesn't commit on record updates." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6280646616:51
* kaarefc leaves16:53
* github-ff joins16:59
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] mikedurbin opened pull request #27: Updated message processing code to expect property id for property event... (master...property-update-bug) http://git.io/1_OdXg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "I submitted pull request, https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/27, but I noticed tha..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6280646617:00
Mike Durbin finished "org.fcrepo.indexer.solr.SolrIndexer doesn't commit on record updates." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62806466
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer, awoods, what's the status on all the old pull requests for fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable? I'd be happy to look over those tomorrow since they might address some of the issues I've discovered.17:01
Anyway, I gotta go, but I'll read the IRC logs when I get back...
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: I have not looked at the fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable PRs.18:02
<pivotal-bot>Eric James added comment: "Submitted a ticket for this and a pull request addressing the PROPERTY_CHANGED condition: ""18:15
https://www.pivotal..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62806654
* escowles leaves19:52
* ksclarke leaves21:16
* ksclarke joins21:20