Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:10
* kaarefc leaves01:18
* kaarefc joins01:23
* kaarefc leaves01:48
* kaarefc joins02:34
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "The new config was faster than the minimal config across the board: ""07:31
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/S..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338
Esme Cowles finished "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239933807:32
Esme Cowles started "Rename default modeshape/infinispan/etc configurations to xxx-default.yyy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
Esme Cowles added comment: "Based on https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338, I'll use the new config from @cbeer as the defa..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174244407:33
* github-ff joins07:38
[fcrepo4] escowles created new-config (+1 new commit): http://git.io/4x5mmw
fcrepo4/new-config 3e356c8 Esmé Cowles: Adding new default config called minimal-default/leveldb-default
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins07:39
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #209: Adding new default config called minimal-default/leveldb-default (master...new-config) http://git.io/oHcSNA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/20907:40
There are several other configs that mention the previous defau..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
Nigel Banks added comment: "sure i just wanted to confirm07:44
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61811812
* travis-ci joins07:50
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1416 (new-config - 3e356c8 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/3e356c8e2f36
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15396879
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #548: SUCCESS in 1 min 14 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/548/07:58
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #709: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 min 47 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/709/08:01
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #352: UNSTABLE in 5 min 30 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/352/08:03
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "The other configs that mention rest-sessions are all test configs: ""08:42
fcrepo-auth-oauth/src/test/resources/spr..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
Esme Cowles finished "Rename default modeshape/infinispan/etc configurations to xxx-default.yyy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
* ajs6f joins08:50
* mikeAtUVa joins08:59
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Batch+Operations with the content from the design doc plu..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225706609:06
Esme Cowles estimated "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257066
Esme Cowles finished "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257066
Mike Durbin added comment: "I think redundancy is OK. This page is geared towards someone who wants to know about the transactions feat..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6232377609:09
* gregjansen joins09:15
* ajs6f leaves09:23
* osmandin joins09:25
* ajs6f joins
* github-ff joins09:36
[fcrepo4] gregjan opened pull request #210: made a profile that builds a war with servlet authz configured and demo ... (master...auth-war) http://git.io/-yhyLw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/210" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239771409:57
Gregory Jansen added comment: "Note that jetty:run will not launch under the "auth-war" profile. To build the auth war, use this command:" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239771409:58
Gregory Jansen added comment: "mvn -P auth-war war:war" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
Gregory Jansen finished "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
* ksclarke joins10:06
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Federation with most of the content from the various larg..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225780610:17
Esme Cowles started "Feature Documentation: Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225780610:18
Eric James added comment: "successfully into standalone solr per documentation: ""
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/External+Search
s..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61582228
Eric James edited "confirm adding a solr doc to standalone via fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61582228
Esme Cowles finished "Feature Documentation: Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257806
Esme Cowles started "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62426120
* ermadmix joins10:19
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225706610:22
Mike Durbin delivered "Feature Documentation: REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770010:24
Eric James finished "confirm adding a solr doc to standalone via fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6158222810:25
Eric James added "fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable - non critical exception thrown when processing event message w/o indexing properties" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246547410:37
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created pr/152 (+2 new commits): http://git.io/k4xLsA
fcrepo4/pr/152 e558140 ajs6f: Using non-deprecated HTTP client machinery
fcrepo4/pr/152 f49990c ajs6f: Using non-deprecated HTTP multipart machinery
* github-ff leaves
* fasseg joins10:43
hey guys.... I won't be able to come to today's call. Im quite sick and currently live on the sofa in front of the TV. Sorry about that and I will be on again as soon as possible...10:45
<ajs6f>fasseg: No call today, so you will miss nothing.
Well timed!
<fasseg>perfect...!
<ajs6f>cbeer: ^^^ pr/152 is the PR you commented on this morning (tests not passing). It should be fixed now and ready to merge.
<fasseg>see you then...
* fasseg leaves
* github-ff joins10:46
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #211: Pr/152 (master...pr/152) http://git.io/XBy9-g
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>.cbeer: _Not_ the actual PR #152, the PR #211 ^^^ which is _called_ "Pr/152" (and is branched from PR #152). Sorry about the confusion.10:47
* tecoripa joins10:51
* github-ff joins10:56
[fcrepo4] ajs6f closed pull request #152: Simple fixes for type warnings and use better HTTP machinery (master...KillWarnings) http://git.io/pNa_kA
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #549: SUCCESS in 1 min 17 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/549/11:04
<ajs6f>Have we frozen already, or are we waiting 'til EOD for that?11:05
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #710: STILL UNSTABLE in 3 min 25 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/710/11:08
Yippie, build fixed!11:12
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #353: FIXED in 8 min 58 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/353/
* github-ff joins11:14
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted KillWarnings at 280e503: http://git.io/L_btGQ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted pr/152 at f49990c: http://git.io/dsbHgQ
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins11:15
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #209: Adding new default config called minimal-default/leveldb-default (master...new-config) http://git.io/oHcSNA
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted new-config at 3e356c8: http://git.io/63Ou-A
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>gregjansen: ping?11:16
* github-ff joins11:18
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/sDuuTQ
fcrepo4/master 8fc5037 Chris Beer: Enable query indexing for minimal-default configuration
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Rename default modeshape/infinispan/etc configurations to xxx-default.yyy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
Chris Beer added "Remove redundant or uninteresting repository.json + infinispan.xml configurations from -http-commons." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246916211:22
Chris Beer edited "Remove redundant or uninteresting repository.json + infinispan.xml configurations from -http-commons." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246916211:25
Chris Beer edited "Remove redundant or uninteresting repository.json + infinispan.xml configurations from -http-commons." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62469162
Chris Beer started "Remove redundant or uninteresting repository.json + infinispan.xml configurations from -http-commons." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62469162
Chris Beer added comment: "I've created #62469162 to deal with cleaning up the other configs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174244411:26
<gregjansen>cbeer?
* tecoripa leaves
<cbeer>gregjansen: re: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/210
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater accepted "Document servlet container authentication configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61740902
Scott Prater accepted "Clean compiler warnings out of authZ code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397246
<cbeer>gregjansen: eh, nm. i'll just fix up the repositiory.json in the scope of #6246916211:27
i was going to suggest making it use a similar config to escowles' minimal-default.
but there's enough other configs that need fixing up anyway11:28
<gregjansen>cbeer: okay thanks that makes sense
yeah, just the security section is different
<cbeer>yeah. it's annoying we can't modularize those somehow
* travis-ci joins11:30
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1422 (master - 758ce2a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/7592c0a946ba...758ce2a8dae4
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15406525
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins11:31
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1421 (master - 7592c0a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/44edb61e1792...7592c0a946ba
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15406513
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1539: UNSTABLE in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1539/11:34
* A. Soroka: Using non-deprecated HTTP client machinery
* A. Soroka: Using non-deprecated HTTP multipart machinery
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1423 (master - 8fc5037 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/758ce2a8dae4...8fc50371d073
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15406724
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Eric James added comment: "In DefaultMessageFactory: ""11:36
message.setStringProperty(IDENTIFIER_HEADER_NAME, jcrEvent.getPath());
will set thi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62465474
* gregjansen leaves11:37
* kaarefc leaves11:39
<pivotal-bot>A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added comment: "The DefaultMessageFactory is certainly not creating HTTP URLs at all. Perhaps something later down..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62465474
<cbeer>ajs6f: can you take a look at https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/210 and confirm it's a good pattern?11:41
<ajs6f>cbeer: looking
cbeer: I don't _like_ that pattern, but I think it's about as good as we can do. _Without a module framework_, that is. :)11:43
We've got no choice to make people use build-oriented machinery to do config stuff.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #86: Removed the calls to Session.getNode() in DefaultFilter (master...perf-defaultfilter) http://git.io/c59nAw
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>sorry, no choice _but_ to
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120011:44
Chris Beer estimated "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62471200
* github-ff joins11:46
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/rRpAcA
fcrepo4/master ae92a7e Gregory Jansen: made a profile that builds a war with servlet authz configured and demo fedoraAdmin user....
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #210: made a profile that builds a war with servlet authz configured and demo ... (master...auth-war) http://git.io/-yhyLw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
Chris Beer edited "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120011:48
Chris Beer added comment: "@escowles if you have a chance, could you try these settings out? I don't think it's a release blocker, but ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120011:50
Chris Beer edited "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62471200
Eric James added comment: "Is there a method that could take jcrEvent.getPath() and determine whether it would resolve to a URL? Or mor..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246547411:58
* travis-ci joins12:01
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1424 (master - ae92a7e : Gregory Jansen): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/8fc50371d073...ae92a7eaeee5
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15408250
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added comment: "HTTP URL construction couldn't take place server-side, because the JMS module knows nothing (and s..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246547412:06
<osmandin>afk12:08
<ajs6f>ermadmix: Is that you emailing on the list as ciresemaj35 <ciresemaj35@gmail.com>?12:09
<cbeer>ajs6f: i forget, did we make a decision not to calculate checksum info for projected or in-memory binary values?12:16
<ajs6f>cbeer: I don't remember us making a decision.12:17
<cbeer>ok. i'll assume fasseg misunderstood the API, i guess...12:18
<ajs6f>cbeer: But I do remember being worried about the expense of doing it over projected sections of reop.
<cbeer>ajs6f: right, sure. but it's not going to be much worse than doing it over non-projected sections, right?
i don't understand how projected nodes get their initial fixity result either.12:19
<ajs6f>cbeer: I don't know, because I think it matter what kind of projection it is.12:20
cbeer: I don't know how they do either.
* gregjansen joins12:22
* github-ff joins12:25
[fcrepo4] mikedurbin opened pull request #212: Updated property to triple conversion to handle single values with the s... (master...system-workspace-path-bug) http://git.io/Fqo6PQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/212" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62391702
Mike Durbin finished "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62391702
<ajs6f>afk12:28
* ajs6f leaves
* mikeAtUVa leaves12:31
* ajs6f joins12:32
* ermadmix leaves12:34
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "@escowles if you get a chance" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120012:41
Esme Cowles started "Run performance testing using minimal-default and tweak settings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120012:42
<cbeer>escowles: i don't know if you saw it, but i also turned indexing back on for that profile.. i should have done that before proposing it, sorry.12:44
<escowles>cbeer: i'll check it out now -- i suspect that indexing will hurt perf dramatically, but i'll see12:45
<cbeer>escowles: it's probably the difference between what i had and our previous minimal config
hopefully nothing too bad, though... and i think there are some good arguments for the new config regardless
ajs6f: ah, we have some logic that will calculate the checksum if it's not there, i guess.12:50
<escowles>cbeer: i'll run the updated config as-is first, and then with fasseg's suggestions12:51
<cbeer>ajs6f: with some lovely TODOs questioning whether that's the right thing to do
<escowles>maybe we should update the config with a property so people can just turn off indexing at runtime?
<cbeer>escowles: makes sense to me. it'd cut down on the config permutations, at least12:54
<escowles>though i'm a little worried about the new benchtool -- the read numbers are impossibly fast. i haven't had a chance to dig into it and figure out why12:55
<ajs6f>cbeer: I think it is, sometimes, and not other times. IOW, I hate to say it, but we should probably make it config'able for different projections into a repo.
<cbeer>ajs6f: i was just going to stop auto-calculating the values.. if we don't have something to compare it to, you need to provide it.
or we'll just tell you what we have, and it's up to you to interpret it12:56
<ajs6f>cbeer: I think that's a good place to be right now.
<cbeer>ajs6f: man, but we sure are good at calculating checksums all over the place.
if you ever load up a Datastream instance, we also make sure the checksum is calculated
i wonder if removing that would improve some of the projected node performance issues people were seeing12:57
<ajs6f>cbeer: fasseg was talking about some techniques to improve the perf of calculating checksums. The best performance is O(0) for not calculating them at all.13:00
<cbeer>ajs6f: using the tree hash approach?
<ajs6f>cbeer: Yup
<cbeer>(i've always been wary of our mutate-on-instantiate approach on Datastream and FedoraObject anyway..)
* ermadmix joins13:01
<osmandin>afk 3013:02
<cbeer>ajs6f: if the tests pass, that means i can sneak a big change in the Friday before a big release, right?13:15
<ajs6f>cbeer: I would ask cbeer first.13:16
<cbeer>cbeer: ship it?
<ajs6f>What's the big change?
<cbeer>ajs6f: stop mutating existing objects when we load them up in Datastream or FedoraObject13:17
i'll PR it in a sec.
<ajs6f>cbeer: Mutating them? You mean, like adding the special Fedora types to them?13:18
<cbeer>ajs6f: yep. types, doing the fixity generation for datastreams, etc.13:19
(most of the time, when it matters, i bet we don't even save the session)
<ajs6f>cbeer: Or making checksums?
cbeer: If the tests pass… sounds like it could be a big perf improvement. Have you timed it?13:20
* ajs6f1 joins13:31
* ajs6f leaves
* github-ff joins13:36
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed fixity-projections from 04b6b25 to 91c55f7: http://git.io/TnLOOg
fcrepo4/fixity-projections e094a0d Chris Beer: increase the minimum binary size to 40 bytes
fcrepo4/fixity-projections b4eddad Chris Beer: Add MISSING_STORED_FIXITY state for FixityResult, allowing fixity checks to happen on e.g. projected nodes that may or may not have our custom fixity properties
fcrepo4/fixity-projections 1a960a0 Chris Beer: only mix in fedora:datastream and fedora:object properties if we've just created the object; if it already exists, just roll it with it.
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>ajs6f1: can you take a look at https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/195?13:37
<ajs6f1>cbeer: We ought to change the name of mixinTypeSpecificCrap().13:42
<cbeer>ajs6f1: patches welcome.
i think it's there to tell us we're doing something stupid
<ajs6f1>How about weGotYerTypesRightHere()?
* travis-ci joins13:43
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1426 (fixity-projections - 91c55f7 : fasseg): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/04b6b25f76e6...91c55f79198a
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15413691
* travis-ci leaves
* mikeAtUVa joins
<ajs6f1>cbeer: So now we assume that unless the resource isNew() returns true, that the appropriate types are already in palce?
<cbeer>ajs6f1: or that it isn't our job to handle that.
if someone told us to load something up as a datastream, we'll give it a go.13:44
<ajs6f1>cbeer: Okay. I think we need to document the semantics of isNew() more carefully, but I'm okay with not slapping the types on everything as a habit.
<cbeer>pretty sure that's just a pass-through to the JCR isNew()
<ajs6f1>yeah, and I'm not sure a) what the semantics of that actually are or b) whether we wold want to use them if we did know13:45
cbeer: So you broke out CacheEntry as we talked about with fasseg?13:46
<cbeer>ajs6f1: yep. ProjectedCacheEntry and BinaryCacheEntry probably don't /need/ to be different (and, in fact, fasseg's commit kept them the same)13:47
but it seemed handy, especially because we can probably make assumptions about in-memory values that aren't true for projected nodes13:48
(or, v.v., i suppose.. if we know something is backed by a file, we probably can do something with that...)
<ajs6f1>cbeer: +1 to breaking out types, even if the impls are actually identical for now. They _mean_ different things, and that's a good reason for them to be separate types.13:50
cbeer: It basically looks fine to me. We've talked enough about the cache entry stuff that I'm pretty confident we know what we're doing. The node type stuff is new, but if the tests pass… and you know I like the idea of relaxing our death grip on the JCR repo. We should be adding a layer of functionality on _top_ of it, not trying to control everyone's access to it.13:53
(Including by munging the repo with our types when no one asked for it.)
<cbeer>ok. let me fix up that checkstyle error and then i'll pull the trigger
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Should all Datastreams have DC terms and RELS-EXT associated with them?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6181181213:54
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!13:57
Project fcrepo4 build #1542: FIXED in 20 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1542/
<ajs6f1>afk bbl
* ajs6f1 leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #550: SUCCESS in 1 min 23 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/550/13:58
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "The steering committee decided that it wasn't important to have the fedora3 to fedora 4 migration stuff in t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225780614:00
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #711: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 min 40 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/711/14:01
* github-ff joins14:02
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed fixity-projections from 91c55f7 to 9136033: http://git.io/TnLOOg
fcrepo4/fixity-projections 6f53386 Chris Beer: Add MISSING_STORED_FIXITY state for FixityResult, allowing fixity checks to happen on e.g. projected nodes that may or may not have our custom fixity properties
fcrepo4/fixity-projections 65301c7 Chris Beer: only mix in fedora:datastream and fedora:object properties if we've just created the object; if it already exists, just roll it with it.
fcrepo4/fixity-projections 9136033 fasseg: Update DatastreamService#getFixity to support InMemory and External...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Provide a utility for dumping Modeshape's BSON output to human-readable text" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242899814:06
* ermadmix leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "We need an issue tracker somewhere.. It's either there, or the duraspace JIRA." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62420034
* kaarefc joins14:08
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Consider reporting issue from https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/212 upstream" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248078014:10
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1543: UNSTABLE in 17 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1543/14:19
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1428 (fixity-projections - 9136033 : fasseg): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/91c55f79198a...91360330694c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15414838
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins14:23
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #195: Update of fixity infrastructure in order to be able to create Fixity results for projected Datastreams (master...fixity-projections) http://git.io/rd8anA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "fcr:fixity bug using the FileSystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56002916
* github-ff joins14:25
[fcrepo4] escowles created repository-ns (+1 new commit): http://git.io/D1jDDQ
fcrepo4/repository-ns c774530 Esmé Cowles: Handling http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#repository namespace correctly
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #213: Handling http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#repository namespace correctly (master...repository-ns) http://git.io/XcYhIA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/213" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242612014:26
Esme Cowles finished "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62426120
Chris Beer added comment: "Confirmed fixed. We're still reporting BAD_CHECKSUM and BAD_SIZE (because no fixity information was stored fo..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5600291614:28
Chris Beer accepted "fcr:fixity bug using the FileSystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56002916
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: do you want to fix up https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/212 before or after it is merged?
(or, i could fix it up while merging..)14:29
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: are satisfied that it's a reasonable fix? You've pretty well persuaded me that the problem may lie elsewhere (maybe in our graph subjects implementation?) and that this is just a workaround. (sometimes two wrongs make a right)14:30
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I think that breaking up the REST API page could be good -- it's huge and feels unwieldy to edit. Making ea..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6232377614:31
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: i think if it's a bug anywhere, it's probably upstream
so, yeah.. it's a reasonable workaround
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: by fix up, you mean the refactoring suggested in the last comments? Or the rebase to address recent commits?14:32
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: the refactoring
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: I'll push a fix, but it'll be a short while since I'll want to rerun the tests...14:33
* github-ff joins14:37
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/kPul7A
fcrepo4/master 3103e00 Esmé Cowles: Handling http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#repository namespace correctly
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62426120
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #213: Handling http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#repository namespace correctly (master...repository-ns) http://git.io/XcYhIA
* github-ff leaves
* ermadmix joins14:40
* travis-ci joins14:43
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1430 (master - 9136033 : fasseg): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ae92a7eaeee5...91360330694c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15415877
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #1544: FIXED in 20 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1544/
* Chris Beer: increase the minimum binary size to 40 bytes
* Chris Beer: Add MISSING_STORED_FIXITY state for FixityResult, allowing fixity checks to happen on e.g. projected nodes that may or may not have our custom fixity properties
* Chris Beer: only mix in fedora:datastream and fedora:object properties if we've just created the object; if it already exists, just roll it with it.
* Chris Beer: Update DatastreamService#getFixity to support InMemory and External
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1431 (repository-ns - c774530 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/c77453031f4c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15416010
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #551: SUCCESS in 1 min 19 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/551/14:45
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366214:47
Mike Durbin added comment: "I made a ticket... #62483662 while I'll consider for this release." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6232377614:48
Mike Durbin edited "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62483662
Mike Durbin delivered "Feature Documentation: Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62323776
Mike Durbin delivered "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225706614:49
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: tests passed, ammeded commit forced...14:51
cbeer: also, kudos for your diligence and hard work reviewing and merging all these PRs...14:52
* travis-ci joins14:55
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1433 (master - 3103e00 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/91360330694c...3103e00dc975
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15416673
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366214:56
Chris Beer added "Revisit https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/212 after MODE-2098 is released" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248427014:57
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: i'm happy to merge https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/212/files with or without my new comments addressed, if you think they are too nit-picky... they might be better candidates for just reviewing all the tests for.15:04
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: no, they're the kind of things that should be caught in a code review. That said, they're all over that integration test, and fixing them will dwarf the actual described code changes...15:08
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #552: SUCCESS in 1 min 12 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/552/
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: yep. your call. i'm happy to merge without it
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #712: STILL UNSTABLE in 3 min 37 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/712/15:12
* kaarefc leaves15:15
* jonathangee leaves15:30
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles estimated "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366215:42
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: ok, I cleaned it up a bit... figured it would save time in the long run...
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated the REST API page to have each section as a subpage called REST API - section, and then embedde..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62483662
Esme Cowles finished "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366215:43
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: thanks. want to rebase it, or should i?15:45
actually, i'll take care of it15:46
<mikeAtUVa>Thanks... I think you'll even get a merge conflict.15:47
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "That's great! This will make managing these much easier, will allow for reuse and result in easier link sha..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366215:48
* github-ff joins15:54
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/qBoF6w
fcrepo4/master 0a5fbaa Michael Durbin: Updated property to triple conversion to handle single values with the same consideration as multiple values.
fcrepo4/master cdf0540 Michael Durbin: Cleaned up integration test to reduce duplicate code.
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62391702
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #212: Updated property to triple conversion to handle single values with the s... (master...system-workspace-path-bug) http://git.io/Fqo6PQ
* github-ff leaves
* kaarefc joins
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin delivered "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248366215:58
Chris Beer added comment: "@frankasseg can you confirm the NPE is not occurring and accept this ticket if so?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991016:00
Chris Beer finished "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61969910
Chris Beer delivered "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6196991016:05
<cbeer>ok. i'm going to accept all the outstanding tickets, i guess. the backlog of delivered tickets has gotten long enough to annoy me16:06
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer accepted "Create "Documentation > Features" tree in wiki." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62181402
Chris Beer accepted "Determine filesize read limit via REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61773644
Chris Beer accepted "Federate over large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087740
Chris Beer accepted "Add access roles API to fcrepo-webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
Chris Beer accepted "Kill legacy (Atom) JMS format" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62246234
Chris Beer accepted "Reorganize performance documentation into "Documents DRAFT > Performance"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62191364
Chris Beer accepted "Integrate AuthZ API into F4 HTTP API documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61850274
Chris Beer accepted "Expose AuthZ Service/API on Object/Datastream views in F4 webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61850482
Chris Beer accepted "Build failing: fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61351914
Chris Beer accepted "Impl new design for indexing mappings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61894388
Chris Beer accepted "Simple Search Flow" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61406616
Chris Beer accepted "Feature Documentation: Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257258
Chris Beer accepted "Fix fcrepo-auth-common package name" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61514706
Chris Beer accepted "Serving large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
Chris Beer accepted "Feature Documentation: Backup & Restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257626
Chris Beer accepted "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49012799
Chris Beer accepted "Create "Documentation DRAFT > Glossary" page" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62191536
Chris Beer accepted "Inventory Beta Design Documents for Documentation Draft" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62234746
Chris Beer accepted "Feature Documentation: REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257700
Chris Beer accepted "Rename default modeshape/infinispan/etc configurations to xxx-default.yyy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
Chris Beer accepted "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338
Chris Beer accepted "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
Chris Beer accepted "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62426120
Chris Beer accepted "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257066
Chris Beer accepted "Feature Documentation: Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62323776
Chris Beer accepted "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239170216:07
Chris Beer accepted "Break up the rest API page into multiple embeddable pages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62483662
Chris Beer accepted "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61969910
Chris Beer delivered "Adding a node to a federated read-only file system is enabled in the frontend and creates a NPE when used" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61969910
* mikeAtUVa wonders if cbeer will go mad with power.16:08
* travis-ci joins16:10
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1436 (master - cdf0540 : Michael Durbin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3103e00dc975...cdf0540349b8
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15420404
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: 4 more hours of sweet, sweet power...16:12
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer accepted "Fix replacing values in non-ISPN binary stores " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4986355516:13
Chris Beer added "Don't advertise fcr:versions on nodes that don't support versioning (e.g. projected nodes)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248909216:15
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #553: SUCCESS in 1 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/553/
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Feature Documentation: Workspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225735816:16
Chris Beer started "jcr:system NPE" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51537139
Chris Beer accepted "jcr:system NPE" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51537139
Chris Beer estimated "Make fixity aware of in memory values" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49515951
Chris Beer started "Make fixity aware of in memory values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49515951
Chris Beer finished "Make fixity aware of in memory values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49515951
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/195" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49515951
Chris Beer accepted "Make fixity aware of in memory values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49515951
Esme Cowles unstarted "Feature Documentation: Workspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225735816:17
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #713: STILL UNSTABLE in 4 min 33 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/713/16:20
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Capture javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException as an HTTP 404(?) response" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6248950016:22
Esme Cowles added comment: "I re-ran the tests with the updated default config (just turning indexing back on), and added the results to..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6247120016:34
* kaarefc leaves16:45
* gregjansen leaves17:02
* osmandin leaves17:11
* github-ff joins17:16
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] yulgit1 opened pull request #20: logic to remove prop from id for prop changed events (master...prop-added-logic) http://git.io/HQMsTQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/20" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6246547417:18
* ermadmix leaves17:36
<cbeer>escowles: ok, i've set up something to iterate through a bunch of modeshape/infinispan configs.. i'll try to see what's going on, or revert back to that infinispan-backed binary store, i guess17:40
* ksclarke leaves18:33
<cbeer>escowles: it looks to me like the new minimal-default and old config are about the same.. could you retry your tests next week?18:58
* ksclarke joins20:22
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "Triage GitHub-Issues" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6045879620:39
Chris Beer added "Document cache store configurations and trade-offs." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6249961620:43
Mike Durbin started "Feature Documentation: Versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225862820:45
Mike Durbin added comment: "I cleaned this up slightly and embedded the REST API reference." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225862820:46
Mike Durbin finished "Feature Documentation: Versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62258628
Mike Durbin started "Feature Documentation: Workspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225735820:48
Chris Beer added "Update sonar to 4.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6249989020:58
Chris Beer started "Update sonar to 4.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62499890
Chris Beer estimated "Document cache store configurations and trade-offs." as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62499616
Chris Beer accepted "Update sonar to 4.0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62499890
Chris Beer accepted "Triage GitHub-Issues" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60458796
Mike Durbin added comment: "There's not much to say here... even the JCR spec is pretty light in describing workspaces." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225735821:03
Mike Durbin finished "Feature Documentation: Workspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257358
* mikeAtUVa leaves21:12
* ksclarke leaves22:49
* pivotal-bot leaves23:13
* pivotal-bot joins
* cbeer leaves23:14
* cbeer joins

Generated by Sualtam