Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added comment: "Stefano tried using the rdf:type predicate, but now the problem is that properties defined on his node type ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6230115007:05
* github-ff joins08:32
[fcrepo4] fasseg force-pushed fixity-projections from 9003ddf to 04b6b25: http://git.io/TnLOOg
fcrepo4/fixity-projections 04b6b25 fasseg: Updated datastreamservice to check for Binary implementation...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added comment: "Has already been merged by @escowles into master, so I'm accepting this ticket..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6206329208:46
Frank Asseg accepted "Update produced fixity result URIs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62063292
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1527: NOW UNSTABLE in 17 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1527/08:49
* ajs6f joins08:52
* kaarefc leaves08:55
* kaarefc joins08:56
* ksclarke joins08:57
<ajs6f>Perhaps, for people like Stefano, who are exploring the possibilities of the type system (so that we don't have to) we should re-enable the MODE HTTP API. Then non-Java programmers could try some of the experimental techniques in whcih S. has shown interest.09:02
* kaarefc leaves09:17
<fasseg>ajs6f: Was thinking: maybe we shouldn't use *cnd files as input to fcr:nodetypes, since ppl will assume they will have jcr functionality....09:19
if we just call it /fcr:rdftypes or something ppl won't associate it with JCR so much ;)
<ajs6f>fasseg: I can see that. Although the CND formalism is quite concise and handy.09:20
What if we offered an optional module that enables the MODE HTTP API?
Which would bascially be the "backdoor" module, for those who want to get under the hood and work with the JCR directly?09:21
<fasseg>hmm dunno, ppl will get in all kinds of hell, won't they?
<ajs6f>Yep, and I want them to.
That's how they discover cool new techniques that we won't ever think of by ourselves.
<fasseg>true...09:22
<ajs6f>As long as we put a warning on such a module; "If you aren't using the 'proper' Fedora API, we can't guarantee what might happen.'
'There be dragons here…'
<fasseg>but this would have to be marked with a "voids all guarantees" sticker
<ajs6f>fasseg: ^^^09:23
Can we shrinkwrap a Maven module? Is there a maven-plugins-warranty-sticker?
<fasseg>nah we just remove the link in the www, they who want fedora get it mail ordered ;)09:24
<ajs6f>In a plain brown wrapper.
<fasseg>and the postman reads out a disclaimer on reception09:25
hehe we let them sign a waver :)
oh it's waiver...is it?09:26
<ajs6f>I really do like the idea of a "hacker's toolkit" for Fedora. So people who know they don't want to take on the worry of unsupported operation can just not use it, and those braver souls who want to try new workflows and new techniques know _exactly_ when they are crossing the "border".
fasseg: Yes, "waiver".
<fasseg>I know that Asger Beklinge would *love* that09:27
<ajs6f>One waves a hand, but waives one's rights.
<fasseg>a hacker's toolkit that is
<ajs6f>Asger may have already written one.
afk for meeting bbl
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins09:29
* kaarefc joins09:34
* kaarefc leaves09:40
* kaarefc joins09:44
* ermadmix joins
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added "New Versions Should Include a Location Header" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239066409:49
Mike Durbin added comment: "I've made your above instructions work using only the HTML interface.09:55
Step 1: ""
Post that block into the node ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62301150
* ajs6f leaves09:59
* ajs6f joins10:02
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239170210:04
Mike Durbin edited "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239170210:05
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added "ModeShape HTTP module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239177610:06
* kaarefc leaves10:13
* tecoripa joins
* kaarefc joins
* tecoripa leaves
<ajs6f>Who wrote the tests in org.fcrepo.auth.roles.basic.integration?
* tecoripa joins
<ajs6f>I think they may be confused about the signatures of JUnit assert method...10:14
tecoripa: Did you write the org.fcrepo.auth.roles.basic.integration tests?
<tecoripa>ajs6f: yes
<ajs6f>Urg. The test assertion messages… you understand that the first param to a JUnit assert method (the String message) is what the framework puts out when the test _fails_?10:15
It kind of looks backward in there.
Like you have messages that would be printed for a success...?
Or am I just isundestanding the tests?10:16
misunderstadning
Oh, you know.
<tecoripa>ajs6f: yeah, I noticed that when I was migrating the tests from what was there before. I debated about changing them, but since I wanted to keep consistency with what was in other parts of the codebase, I kept them as-is, thinking there might have been a reason for that.
ajs6f: but you're right, and I'm happy to fix them.
<ajs6f>If my take is right (those are messages that should be printed on success) that's definitely wrong and really confusing...10:17
Who wrote the stuff you migrated?
<tecoripa>ajs6f: yes, they are, i agree, and it had me scratching my head at times too. I think some of the tests I changed the message to indicate failure.
ajs6f: but it should be consistent, and I take responsibility. I'll fix them.10:18
<ajs6f>tecoripa: tecoripa++. Also we should find out who made the mistake so they don't keep making it.
<tecoripa>ajs6f: I think it might have been gregjansen originally...
<ajs6f>tecoripa: Okay, we'll bust his chops later.10:19
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f, tecoripa: I noticed a lot of tests like that... though a backwards message is still more helpful than none. I think perhaps "X should be Y" is reasonable to present and neutral with regards to success or failure.
<tecoripa>ajs6f: has gregjansen's PR been merged into fcrepo4? If so, I'll fetch the new fcrepo4, fix tthem, and create a new PR.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Agreed, but that kind of message should be presented _before_ the test, not as a report from it.
tecoripa: Yep. That's where I saw it.10:20
* osmandin joins
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: agreed.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: You can do either style. I sure don't care.
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen started "Add access roles API to fcrepo-webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: But if you stick the message in a JUNit assert method, it's got a specific semantic.
Oh, no!
* kaarefc leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "addressed comments in PR" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
<ajs6f>greajansen is starting a new ticket! Someone stop him!
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen finished "Add access roles API to fcrepo-webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
<ajs6f>:)
Too late.
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added "Fix assert messages on authz IT tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239288410:24
Esme Cowles added "fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children are found" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
Esme Cowles started "fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children are found" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
* tecoripa sits back and takes a refreshing nap while waiting for fcrepo4 to build...10:29
* github-ff joins10:30
[fcrepo4] escowles created BadBatches (+1 new commit): http://git.io/jn0gHQ
fcrepo4/BadBatches fd4d725 Esmé Cowles: fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children exist or none of the specified children exist
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>cbeer/tecoripa: Maybe we can bring some of cbeer's tricks with async persistence to help with build speed?10:31
tecoripa: Have you tried multithreaded builds?
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/206" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #206: fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children exist or none of the specified children exist (master...BadBatches) http://git.io/fO3bwg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles finished "fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children are found" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239288610:32
<tecoripa>ajs6f: funny you should mention that... I was just thinking that now. "I should try multithreaded builds."
<ajs6f>tecoripa: Let me suggest something to you: multithreaded builds.
<tecoripa>ajs6f: clearly, I need to put more tinfoil on my telepathic fairewall cap.
firewall
<ajs6f>"fairewall" sounds like it _should_ be a word.10:33
<fasseg>btw when we're on the subject of multithreading....could we use a hashtree or something like that to calculate SHA-1s faster for fixity?
<ajs6f>Good question, fasseg. Let me check with a guy I know who knows more about hasing.10:34
fasseg: Should we use a hashtree or something like that to calculate SHA-1s faster for fixity?
<tecoripa>sounds faintly courtly and medieval. Like something Sir Lancelot would say to a rowan tree, or something like that.
<fasseg>you must have mistaken me for a CS major there....
<ajs6f>Sir Lancelot has eaten some blue-gilled mushrooms.
fasseg: Will the has speed matter as much after the hashes are on paths instead of bitsrreams?10:35
<tecoripa>fwiw: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Parallel+builds+in+Maven+310:36
<fasseg>if you got the I/O and a single cpu SHA-1 calculation creates a bottleneck....e.g. large files...
<ajs6f>tecoripa:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59603190
<pivotal-bot>chore: Use Maven parallelism in CI (unscheduled) / owner: A. "Horbulaco" Soroka
<ajs6f>fasseg: But that's only true as long as we're hasing the _files_.10:37
<fasseg>and the idea is more to use n streams to create n hashes which get hashed into a final hash -> map-reduce
<ajs6f>fasseg: We have that pull into MODE to hash the _paths_.
fasseg: I get the idea. I'm just not sure we haven't found another way around the problem.
<tecoripa>ajs6f: there's an alternative: instead of specifying the number of cores, how about just the number of threads? and let the OS decide how to divvy them up among its core(s)?10:38
<ajs6f>tecoripa: Haven't tried. Souds quite plausible...
<tecoripa>ajs6f: wouldn't that be more machine-independent?
ajs6f: by golly, I'll try it.
<ajs6f>tecoripa: I do think we have some funky itests that will fails:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61084786
<pivotal-bot>bug: Multi-threaded build failure (unscheduled) / owner: A. "Horbulaco" Soroka
<ajs6f>There goes tecoripa into the wild blue yonder!10:39
<fasseg>ajs6f: But the fixity service does create the checksums from the binary content, not its node's path....right?10:40
<ajs6f>fasseg: Oh, (*()*_. Of course you're right. I was all confused. Sorry.
<fasseg>and it does check that against the digestUri given....
<ajs6f>fasseg: How do we get a SHA-1 now? Some library function?10:41
<fasseg>I think from mode :/
not sure though
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Should we argue about what the default configuration should be? I've managed to get close-to-fcrepo3 ingest p..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61742444
<fasseg>so the first checksum is from mode and the fixity service checks against a self generated value
<ajs6f>fasseg: We could write an impl for https://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/wiki/HashingExplained
fasseg: Notice: http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git-history/release12/javadoc/com/google/common/hash/Hashing.html#consistentHash(com.google.common.hash.HashCode, int)10:43
which matches up nicely with ISPN hashing.10:44
afk bbs
* ajs6f leaves
<awoods>cbeer: ping10:45
<cbeer>awoods: pong
<awoods>cbeer: Do you have a moment for a quick chat? g-hangout?10:46
<cbeer>awoods: sure
* kaarefc joins10:51
* ajs6f joins10:53
* travis-ci joins10:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1404 (BadBatches - fd4d725 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/fd4d725f531c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15346943
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>Going to be a bit late for standup:10:58
* edInCo joins
<ajs6f>1) Still waiting on a PR for the indexing stuff.10:59
2) Doing some code sanitation in the newly-merged authZ stuff.
3) I've got some free cycles… could help with other tasks.
* escowles joins
<cbeer>ajs6f: i'm looking at that PR now11:03
<ajs6f>cbeer: Yeah, and I saw. You're quite right about IDs. I'd really like to get this PR merged, tho', and move on from it. It's been since Sunday.11:04
<cbeer>ajs6f: yup, it's not a new change you made.
<awoods>All: committer call
<mikeAtUVa>committer call?
866-740-1260, participant code: 2257295
<ajs6f>awoods: Aren't you supposed to be tanning?11:05
<cbeer>thanks. just what i was trying to find
<awoods>ajs6f: it is still dark out
<ajs6f>awoods: Come to Charlotteville. It's just above freezing here, but plenty sunny.11:06
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've cleaned up some formatting and resolved the open questions in the REST API docs." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770011:09
Esme Cowles finished "Feature Documentation: REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770011:10
<cbeer>ajs6f: isnt this where you talk about a modularization framework?11:13
<ajs6f>cbeer: When _DON'T_ I talk about that!?11:14
cbeer: Seriously, no. This is when we talk about a release. As soon as we do that, _then_ I talk about nothing _but_.
* github-ff joins11:18
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created CleanUpInAuthz (+1 new commit): http://git.io/8E6ryQ
fcrepo4/CleanUpInAuthz 85d3560 ajs6f: Cleaning compiler warnings
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #207: Cleaning compiler warnings (master...CleanUpInAuthz) http://git.io/zH_diA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added "Clean compiler warnings out of authZ code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239724611:19
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka finished "Clean compiler warnings out of authZ code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397246
* ajs6f leaves11:22
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added "fcrepo-webapp build profile w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239771411:25
* ajs6f joins
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen edited "fcrepo-webapp build profile w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
Gregory Jansen edited "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239771411:26
Gregory Jansen edited "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62397714
Gregory Jansen started "fcrepo-webapp build w/authz & fedoraAdmin account" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239771411:28
<ajs6f>awoods: Sure.11:29
I thikn things should be tested.
* gregjansen joins11:30
anybody else have trouble with the freenode server today? just switched to webchat11:31
<tecoripa>on my machine, building fcrepo with two threads is 27 seconds faster than building it with one thread:
time MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m" mvn clean install11:32
real 8m29.476s
user 6m21.824s
sys 0m18.972s
time MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m" mvn -T 2 clean install
real 8m2.939s
user 6m40.986s
sys 0m20.142s
<ajs6f>gregjansen: Using freenode via a client (not Web client). Seems okay to me...
tecoripa: 27 seconds doesn't seem like that much.
<tecoripa>gregjansen: working okay for me (using pidgin)
ajs6f: no, hardly worth it. I have no idea how maven decides what to build in parallel.11:33
<gregjansen>it is probably my empathy client. i am a pidgin fan
<ajs6f>So now Tomcat and all JVMs are upstream projects.
<tecoripa>gregjansen. I emapthize with you.
empathize
<cbeer>tecoripa: this seemed to speed things up for me: mvn -T 3C11:34
<ajs6f>tecoripa: It's not making any clever calculations. It's just using a larger thread pool.
<fasseg>escowles: related SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3334911/what-does-jvm-flag-cmsclassunloadingenabled-actually-do
<tecoripa>cbeer: I'll try that. I have a multicore workstation, so that may have some effect.11:37
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239933811:43
<cbeer>ajs6f: have you seen http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git/javadoc/com/google/common/base/Suppliers.html?11:44
<ajs6f>cbeer: yes, but haven't thought much about it. Oh, this memo-ize stuff? Id that what you're pointing at?11:45
Oh, col.
cool.
<cbeer>ajs6f: should i be doing that instead?
<ajs6f>cbeer: _You_? I thought you were talking about that memo-izing stuff in that indexer PR?11:46
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1406 (CleanUpInAuthz - 85d3560 : ajs6f): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/85d356034fad
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15349839
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>ajs6f: sorry, i thought you told me to fix up the indexer PR to rename the CachingRetriever
<ajs6f>awoods: For all projects, or just fcrepo4?
<tecoripa>cbeer, ajs6f: I get a build failure with 3 cores: fcrepo-http-api, Failed tests:
FedoraHtmlResponsesIT.testCreateNewNamespace:300 New prefix was found
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added "Migrate fcrepo-auth-xacml to standalone git repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399608
<tecoripa>some cross-test dependency or assumptions?11:47
<ajs6f>cbeer: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I didn't realize you were willing. cbeer++ Yes, I'd say use the heck out of the Guava stuff.
<cbeer>ajs6f: oh. i didn't know i had a choice
<ajs6f>In fact, the combination of RdfRetirever and NamedFieldsRetirever might be a candidate for http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git/javadoc/com/google/common/base/Suppliers.html#compose(com.google.common.base.Function, com.google.common.base.Supplier)
cbeer: You're a human, with free will.11:48
<cbeer>ajs6f: if you're looking for work, you probably have a better sense of things. else, i can take a look this afternoon
<ajs6f>cbeer: I have papers to read for Digital Humanities Quarterly, so I would be grateful to you for dealing with that. Or formally ignoring it. It's something to which we can come back.11:49
awoods: We have a release testing process?11:50
That is an accurate reflection of my statement.11:52
<edInCo>for the minutes, I'm going to need help summarizing the agenda item about namespaces11:58
<ajs6f>edInCo: 'They kept taking about RDF. It went on and on and on. It was no clear what benefits this produced for any stakeholder, but it seemed to be of some importance to them. They are a strange people."11:59
<tecoripa>ajs6f: here's what a librarian has to say about it: http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2013/12/opinion/peer-to-peer-review/linked-data-in-the-creases-peer-to-peer-review/12:01
<escowles>time MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx1024m" mvn -T 1 clean install: 7:42.48212:02
time MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048m" mvn -T 3C clean install: 4:14.117
that's a pretty big difference
<tecoripa>escowles: you building on a mac?
<ajs6f>tecoripa: "American catalogers and systems librarians can be forgiven for thinking that all the linked-data action lies with http://bibframe.org/.".
* ajs6f rolls on the floor laughing
<escowles>tecoripa: yep: mac pro w/ 6GB of RAM
<ajs6f>all: got to go to next meeting. will be back later this afternoon.12:03
<tecoripa>escowles: I think I'm seeing another manifestation of the hardcoded namespace problem I encountered a few weeks ago, when I build with multiple cores: an IT test makes an assumption about a generated namespace that isn't valid. Only seems to show up on linux, though.12:04
<escowles>tecoripa: we seem to see pretty different behavior on mac v. linux -- i haven't seen this on other projects nearly as much12:05
afk # out to lunch12:06
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "Create Content Modeling Documentation Portal" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62400964
Mike Durbin edited "Create Content Modeling Documentation Portal" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62400964
* tecoripa leaves12:16
* github-ff joins12:18
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/I60uvA
fcrepo4/master 76dcea2 Gregory Jansen: adds access roles API to fcrepo-webapp REST API...
fcrepo4/master 2754372 Gregory Jansen: fixes camel case fcr:accessRoles endpoint, making it fcr:accessroles
* github-ff leaves
* tecoripa joins12:19
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #200: Authz fcrepo webapp (master...authz-fcrepo-webapp) http://git.io/TyEf_A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/10a89f2658bf...2754372a729b" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
Andrew Woods delivered "Add access roles API to fcrepo-webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62019902
Chris Beer delivered "Fedora performance tests with/without active basic roles and PEP enforcement" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5941731412:21
Chris Beer delivered "Federate over large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6108774012:23
Chris Beer added comment: "pending comments. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5600291612:29
<osmandin>afk
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Provide some example SPARQL queries / help text for updating properties in the HTML UI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61500476
Chris Beer added comment: "Page moved to https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Large+File+Ingest+and+Retrieval" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6177364412:30
Chris Beer added "Improve checksum calculation speed for large binary values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62402894
Chris Beer edited "Improve checksum calculation speed for large binary values" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6240289412:31
Chris Beer added comment: "Left a icebox ticket to look at checksum performance, including binary key calculation for projected nodes ht..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61773644
Chris Beer delivered "Determine filesize read limit via REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61773644
Chris Beer unstarted "Create a Mac OSX Dock icon for single click launcher" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61824734
Scott Prater accepted "Fedora performance tests with/without active basic roles and PEP enforcement" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5941731412:32
Chris Beer added comment: "Merged in 048a652." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted BadBatches at fd4d725: http://git.io/A6CQtg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children are found" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
Chris Beer added comment: "Paged " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770012:33
Chris Beer edited "Feature Documentation: REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257700
Chris Beer added comment: "@escowles can you update https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API with the new response code fo..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239288612:34
Chris Beer delivered "Reorganize performance documentation into "Documents DRAFT > Performance"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6219136412:36
Chris Beer added comment: "@md can you review and deliver this ticket?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770012:37
* travis-ci joins12:40
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1408 (master - 2754372 : Gregory Jansen): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/10a89f2658bf...2754372a729b
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15353735
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "At the very least this page could use some wiki-markup cleanup (de-linking things that confluence helpfully t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62191536
Chris Beer added comment: "(I really want to steal the code block styling from https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/SPARQL+Recipes... d..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770012:42
Chris Beer added comment: "I don't know if this is a task for @escowles or @ajs6f, but it'd be helpful to document (under Triplestore Se..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225725812:44
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!12:45
Project fcrepo4 build #1530: FIXED in 27 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1530/
* awoods: adds access roles API to fcrepo-webapp REST API
* awoods: fixes camel case fcr:accessRoles endpoint, making it fcr:accessroles
<tecoripa>gregjansen: as part of the fcrepo-webapp-authz work, I added the task to include the auth packages in rest.xml12:46
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "I wonder if the list of features is long enough we should do some judicious grouping on that index page. (In ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474612:47
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #543: SUCCESS in 2 min 9 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/543/12:48
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Create "Documentation > Features" tree in wiki." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62181402
Chris Beer added comment: "@escowles you were able to (mostly) use these profiles on your UCSD cluster, correct?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6182355412:50
Chris Beer added comment: "@ajs6f what's the status on this? " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6161756812:52
Chris Beer added comment: "(I'm assuming https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/8bd4060d02ef919f783edb1f51a68029f71f211c makes it obs..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6161756812:53
Chris Beer accepted "Workspace description triple" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60294700
Chris Beer accepted "Provide some example SPARQL queries / help text for updating properties in the HTML UI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61500476
* travis-ci joins12:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1409 (master - 048a652 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/2754372a729b...048a652ec4ba
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15354484
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Integrate AuthZ API into F4 HTTP API documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6185027412:56
Chris Beer added comment: "I'll check that this fixes the problem I ran into ingesting the SALT data." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6148261012:57
Chris Beer added comment: "Should this page get linked to from https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Authentication+and+Authorization?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174090213:00
Chris Beer added comment: "Merged in https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/10a89f2658bf...2754372a729b" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6185048213:01
Chris Beer delivered "Expose AuthZ Service/API on Object/Datastream views in F4 webapp" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61850482
Chris Beer added comment: "Restarted travis build. Will merge after it completes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239724613:02
* ermadmix leaves13:06
* travis-ci joins13:12
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1406 (CleanUpInAuthz - 85d3560 : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/85d356034fad
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15349839
* travis-ci leaves
* ermadmix joins13:15
* kaarefc leaves13:23
* kaarefc joins13:24
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #544: SUCCESS in 2 min 2 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/544/13:25
* mikeAtUVa leaves
<gregjansen>tecoripa: they are already in my PR #20013:29
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #706: STILL UNSTABLE in 5 min 24 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/706/13:31
* kaarefc leaves13:32
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable build #346: FIXED in 9 min 19 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/346/
* 1JTABFIH6 joins13:33
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #207: Cleaning compiler warnings (master...CleanUpInAuthz) http://git.io/zH_diA
* 1JTABFIH6 leaves
* 16WABP1JT joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted CleanUpInAuthz at 85d3560: http://git.io/ZzdEiA
* 16WABP1JT leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/gIQU0g
fcrepo4/master 04a332b Chris Beer: Merge pull request #207 from futures/CleanUpInAuthz...
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>ajs6f: can i get you to look at https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/205?13:34
(at least the part where i changed the signature of that constructor to take a GraphSubjects instead of a UriInfo)
<ajs6f>cbeer: on it.13:35
<cbeer>thanks.13:36
<pivotal-bot>A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added comment: "I have absolutely no idea. I'm actually a little surprised that the triplestore indexer still work..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257258
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added comment: "Yes. I guess "WON'T FIX" is appropriate?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6161756813:37
Gregory Jansen added comment: "#204 has been rebased to master, ready for review." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6151470613:38
Gregory Jansen added comment: "I tried to do some cleanup of wiki styles, but more could be done. I converted terms to heading 4, so tha..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6219153613:43
Gregory Jansen added comment: "I wonder if we could use many of these terms as labels, generating a documentation index of sorts." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6219153613:44
<ajs6f>cbeer: Do you want me to review and merge?
<osmandin>afk 30
* ermadmix leaves13:47
* tecoripa leaves13:49
* travis-ci joins13:50
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1410 (master - 04a332b : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/048a652ec4ba...04a332b5c974
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15357540
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>mikeAtUva: Google Hangout for 2pm meeting?
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles accepted "fcr:batch should return 400 Bad Request when no children are found" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239288613:52
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1532: UNSTABLE in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1532/13:53
A. Soroka: Cleaning compiler warnings
<cbeer>ajs6f: if it looks good, sure.13:55
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've updated the RESTful HTTP API wiki page now that the 400 Bad Request update is merged." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62392886
<ajs6f>cbeer: k
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Fix JMS reporting for item remove events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6161756813:56
<cbeer>ajs6f: and i'm just going to ship https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/17 as is13:59
* tecoripa joins
<cbeer>i went down a rabbit hole of InputSuppliers and ByteSources
it's not worth it.. yet.
<ajs6f>cbeer: It's oooookayyyyy by me.
<tecoripa>question/suggestion about REST API documentation:
<ajs6f>cbeer: But remind me to make some tix for it.
<cbeer>ajs6f: i was writing tickets now
<ajs6f>I'll remind you to remind me.
* ermadmix joins14:00
<ajs6f>cbeer: I'll remind me to remind you to remind me to thank you.
Thanks!
<tecoripa>should every POST, PUT action also specify the content-type headers that are allowed for the data being sent?
<ajs6f>tecoripa: That are _allowed_?
<tecoripa>I see that sometimes it's in the API template, sometimes it's shown just in the curl example
<ajs6f>Or that are in _use_.
<tecoripa>allowed, in use... yes.
<ajs6f>Then yes. Except when unnecassary.14:01
If there's an obvious choice…
But if there isn't, then don't make one.
<tecoripa>or a correct way to do it...
<ajs6f>If there's a correct way to do it, then that's the correct way to do it.
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I think that any triplestore that supports SPARQL Update should work -- so AllegroGraph, Virtuoso, 4Store, e..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225725814:02
Chris Beer added "Update solr indexer to accept the unique key as a configuration parameter" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62409816
<ajs6f>tecoripa: I just read that Dorthey Salo joint. She's right. I think, tho', she overestimates the extent to which anyone cares about those "big standards-development efforts".14:03
<tecoripa>for example: to set an access role, only application/json content will work. I'll document that in the fcr:accessroles API doc; other endpoints, I'll leave to endpoint owners
<ajs6f>tecoripa: They're about as important as the League of Nations in 1939.14:04
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I agree -- some logical grouping could make the list more reasonable, now that we're up to ~15 items. If we..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62234746
<tecoripa>ajs6f: I think that to developers on the ground, you're right. But to catalogers, others who are just now seeing the breaking of a new dawn... it might be 1940.
ajs6f: and that was her audience.14:05
<ajs6f>tecoripa: Maybe file a bug? I feel like a request that almost certainly should be mimetype x/x should be assumed to so be until proven otherwise. That's just how the common law works.
tecoripa: Fair enough. I spent about two years with that audience. I've walked away.
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Update fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable to use Supplier memoization machinery from Guava" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62410034
<ajs6f>cbeer: Assign me that ^^^
cbeer: unless you parrticularly want it.14:06
Are we supposed to be having a meeting?
<tecoripa>ajs6f: I could file a bug, but not sure who to assign it to (other than me, perhaps); it seems like all the endpoint owners might want to review their API doc, document the cont-type header, if one needs to be documented.14:07
mainly, just to get the REST API bible in a consistent state across all the methods.
<ajs6f>tecoripa: That's okay. I just don't want this to get lost in the shuffle.
Just file something, somewhere, with someone.
Maybe just go down the hall and give a handwritten note to a colleague.14:08
File sotmething!
<tecoripa>ajs6f: will do. I'll assign it to you. ;)
<ajs6f>FILED!
<tecoripa>or awoods. he's on vacation, he'll take care of it.
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "@cbeer yes, i was able to use them -- clustering did not work for me other than one brief period. But using..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61823554
<ajs6f>cbeer: I love this remark from the Guava Supplier<T> Javadocs: "No guarantees are implied by this interface.".14:09
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] cbeer force-pushed ImplMappingForSolrFields from d273f7c to a2e80dd: http://git.io/H1Y4IQ
fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/ImplMappingForSolrFields a2e80dd ajs6f: Enable an external index (Solr) to receive a minimal index-update...
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>None. None at all!
Your computer may explode in flame! We don't know! Anything could happen!14:10
There is no point to this type! It carries no guaranteed semantic!
But here's what it does.
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338
Esme Cowles estimated "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239933814:11
Esme Cowles started "Run benchtool performance tests to determine a good default configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62399338
Scott Prater added "Fix REST API documentation: include content-type information for data uploads" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070014:14
Scott Prater added comment: "Assiggned to @awoods, since he's on vacation; but this is re" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070014:16
Scott Prater added comment: "Assigned to @awoods, but this is really a group task for each endpoint developer/maintainer who has documen..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070014:17
Esme Cowles added comment: "@cbeer I think the code block styling gets triggered by setting a title on the code block -- so we could jus..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770014:19
Scott Prater added comment: "Updated fcr:accessroles: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/RESTful+HTTP+API#RESTfulHTTPAPI-AccessRoles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070014:23
Scott Prater started "Fix REST API documentation: include content-type information for data uploads" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241070014:24
Esme Cowles started "Feature Documentation: Backup & Restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225762614:25
* ajs6f leaves14:27
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Impl new design for indexing mappings" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61894388
Chris Beer delivered "Build failing: fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61351914
Chris Beer delivered "Simple Search Flow" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61406616
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] cbeer deleted ImplMappingForSolrFields at a2e80dd: http://git.io/RjuDdw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Sounds as good as can be expected. Anything else is configuration fiddling, I think." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6182355414:28
Chris Beer delivered "Bundle test workflow, platform, scale profiles into a cluster-hosted IT based on cargo" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61823554
<tecoripa>creating nodes with properties with POST and an RDF payload: what are the acceptable mime types for the payload? I see text/turtle... any others?14:29
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles accepted "Bundle test workflow, platform, scale profiles into a cluster-hosted IT based on cargo" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6182355414:30
Chris Beer delivered "Clean compiler warnings out of authZ code" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239724614:31
Chris Beer unstarted "Single Click Launcher can't be restarted" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6182409414:35
* ajs6f joins14:36
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Works for me, thanks. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225725814:38
Chris Beer delivered "Feature Documentation: Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257258
<ajs6f>cbeer: We should rename some of those RDF-producing packages in the kernel sometime. kernel.rdf.impl isn't very specific.14:39
* mikeAtUVa joins
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable#50 (master - c23a13a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/compare/5e7c81fd0a55...c23a13ac415a
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/builds/15360462
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>Not hardly a priority, tho'.
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater added comment: "Went one better: I included this page in the AuthNZ page. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Authentic..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174090214:42
* github-ff joins14:43
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created pr/205 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/ci7SaQ
fcrepo4/pr/205 845133a ajs6f: Adding Javadoc notes for new authorship
* github-ff leaves
* fasseg leaves
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din added comment: "GitHub branch for work in progress : ""14:46
https://github.com/osmandin/modetrace/tree/dev
Currently, reads simple ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62071504
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #208: Pr/205 (master...pr/205) http://git.io/ftHiJg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles edited "Feature Documentation: Backup & Restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225762614:47
Esme Cowles finished "Feature Documentation: Backup & Restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225762614:48
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f closed pull request #205: Update WorkspaceRdfContext to use GraphSubjects instead of UriInfo, add ... (master...workspace-fixes) http://git.io/oydj2Q
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Horbulaco" Soroka edited "Update fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable to use Supplier memoization machinery from Guava" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241003414:49
Esme Cowles added comment: "As reported here: ""14:51
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Large+File+Ingest+and+Retrieval#LargeFileIngestandR..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119370
Esme Cowles started "Test a federated Fedora instance serving a file larger than 100gb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119370
Esme Cowles finished "Test a federated Fedora instance serving a file larger than 100gb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119370
Osman Din added comment: "@awoods Added a bit more info per your comments, but need to work on my tool further to do the same job with l..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279914:52
<ajs6f>cbeer: Merged that pr for workspace triples. Man, when we said we were going to RDF all the things, I didn't realize that we really meant we were going to do just that!
ermadmix: Are you working onhttps://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57453326?14:53
<pivotal-bot>feature: HTML description of Solr setup (started) / owner: A. "Horbulaco" Soroka
Esme Cowles added comment: "See https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Large+File+Ingest+and+Retrieval#LargeFileIngestandRetrieval-Filesy..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
Esme Cowles started "Serving large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
Esme Cowles finished "Serving large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
Mike Durbin edited "Datastream versions created when content is updated should be easy to differentiate." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62085122
* travis-ci joins14:59
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1411 (pr/205 - 845133a : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/845133abb100
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15361171
* travis-ci leaves
<mikeAtUVa>Sprint wrap-up: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.opn3ai06k1ge0no877ei3cku4o15:00
<ajs6f>omw, will be there in a few minutes15:01
* github-ff joins15:02
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 4 new commits to master: http://git.io/H07ixw
fcrepo4/master 2f9bccc Gregory Jansen: migrated org.fcrepo.auth to org.fcrepo.auth.common to match project name
fcrepo4/master 819bbe0 Gregory Jansen: sends bad request instead of 500 for bad JSON data
fcrepo4/master 22de233 Gregory Jansen: cleaned up some warnings
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #1533: FIXED in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1533/
<mikeAtUVa>escowles, cbeer, ermadmix, coming?
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: i'm on readytalk... are we doing hangout?15:03
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #204: Package rename of org.fcrepo.auth to org.fcrepo.auth.common (master...package-rename) http://git.io/P29c0g
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>escoles: yes
<mikeAtUVa>Hangout.. link is above... sorry... are tehre others?
<ajs6f>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.opn3ai06k1ge0no877ei3cku4o
<escowles>mikeAtUVa: nope, just me grooving to the readytalk hold muzik...
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer delivered "Fix fcrepo-auth-common package name" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61514706
<ajs6f>escowles: I know some elevators you would enjoy.
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #545: SUCCESS in 1 min 6 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/545/15:04
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer deleted workspace-fixes at c142d84: http://git.io/gTT4pA
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins15:06
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1413 (master - decb6f2 : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/04a332b5c974...decb6f2e4e61
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15361470
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>escowles: does this ticket https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6177343015:07
<pivotal-bot>feature: Determine filesize ingest limit via REST API (accepted) / owner: Esme Cowles
<cbeer>sorry.. how is that ticket ^
related to https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119370
<pivotal-bot>feature: Test a federated Fedora instance serving a file larger than 100gb (finished) / owner: Esme Cowles
<cbeer>and https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
<pivotal-bot>feature: Serving large files (finished) / owner: Esme Cowles
<cbeer>at least one of those seems redundant, right?
<ajs6f>We do sometimes make redundant tix.15:08
<escowles>cbeer: i think they are dupes -- i was reading the backlog and saw them and thought i'd just mark them done
<ajs6f>We do sometimes make redundant tix.
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Test a federated Fedora instance serving a file larger than 100gb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119370
Chris Beer estimated "Serving large files" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
Chris Beer delivered "Serving large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087996
<cbeer>escowles: ok. i'll give you credit for the federation one
<escowles>cbeer: sounds very fair
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Question: Is fcr:backup with a POST body that's the path to a writeable directory a major security vulnerability" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241572215:10
* ajs6f leaves15:11
* tecoripa leaves15:14
* ajs6f joins15:15
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins
<cbeer>ajs6f: can you look at https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62415722 sometime?15:16
<pivotal-bot>feature: Question: Is fcr:backup with a POST body that's the path to a writeable directory a major security vulnerability (unscheduled) / owner:
<cbeer>the behavior there seems a little fishy to me
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer estimated "Question: Is fcr:backup with a POST body that's the path to a writeable directory a major security vulnerability" ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241572215:19
Chris Beer estimated "Datastream versions created when content is updated should be easy to differentiate." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62085122
Chris Beer estimated "Update fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable to use Supplier memoization machinery from Guava" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62410034
Chris Beer estimated "Update solr indexer to accept the unique key as a configuration parameter" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62409816
Chris Beer estimated "Improve checksum calculation speed for large binary values" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62402894
Chris Beer estimated "New Versions Should Include a Location Header" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62390664
Chris Beer estimated "Pack ResultSetStreamingOutput in a MessageBodyWriter<ResultSet>" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61838990
Chris Beer estimated "Determine best interaction to fetch version from a particular timestamp to support asynchronous external indexing...." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61749232
Chris Beer estimated "Alter sitemap generation to stream results" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166074
Esme Cowles added comment: "(I hope that) people are running their servlet containers as an unprivileged user, so i don't expect there t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62415722
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1534: UNSTABLE in 17 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1534/15:20
* Chris Beer: Update WorkspaceRdfContext to use GraphSubjects instead of UriInfo, add additional triples, and look up the default workspace from the repository configuration
* A. Soroka: Adding Javadoc notes for new authorship
* Chris Beer: migrated org.fcrepo.auth to org.fcrepo.auth.common to match project name
* Chris Beer: sends bad request instead of 500 for bad JSON data
* Chris Beer: cleaned up some warnings
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Duplicate of https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119776
Chris Beer deleted "Create a wiki page describing how to handle large files efficiently" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119776
Chris Beer deleted "Test a federated Fedora instance with a number of files > 1gb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119304
Chris Beer deleted "Document the limitations found when using File System Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61119456
Chris Beer estimated "Decide on Wiring and Configuration Approaches" as 8 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6088798215:21
Chris Beer estimated "Self-Hosted Configuration" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60257148
Esme Cowles started "Feature Documentation: Batch Operations" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257066
Chris Beer added comment: "@barmintor how much do we care about this ticket these days?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5453060615:22
Chris Beer added comment: "@fasseg's work in https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/195 may fix this issue." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49863555
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added comment: "Accepting opaque bitstreams via POST and persisting them for later uncontrolled reproduction is a ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241572215:24
Chris Beer deleted "Don't write data from running tests into $TMPDIR" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60781524
<ajs6f>escowles+++15:25
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: at the end of this call, can we quickly go through the trash-pending-delete tickets in the icebox?
and try to tidy it up for the next poor saps
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: yeah
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1414 (master - f90140a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/decb6f2e4e61...f90140ad734e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15362229
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Run simple case fcrepo4 benchmarks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61172394
<ajs6f>I sure as hell hope new people are coming on.15:26
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "@nigelgbanks satisifed with this answer?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6181181215:27
<ajs6f>Perf testing requires the sense of humor of an accountant and the patience of a saint.15:28
All we've ever heard "It has to be really fast."15:29
Which is not a measurable quantity.
I don't even understand what _I'm_ working on.15:34
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Find out the behavior of fcr:restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60887228
Chris Beer delivered "Feature Documentation: Backup & Restore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62257626
Chris Beer added comment: "thanks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174090215:35
Chris Beer delivered "Document servlet container authentication configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61740902
Chris Beer added "Things we need to do before we can cut the holiday release" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241857215:38
Chris Beer edited "Things we need to do before we can cut the holiday release" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62418572
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: and for combing through the icebox, i've added a release for the-stuff-we-need-to-get-done. i'd suggest we move blockers above that release, and non-blockers below15:39
(because the icebox is a mess of tickets we may never get to)
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "This is done, pending https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61087856 -- advice may change depending on h..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126
Esme Cowles finished "A page to the Wiki describing recommend solutions to ingesting files of varying sizes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126
Chris Beer unstarted "Solr query recipes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745338815:40
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #1535: FIXED in 20 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1535/
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "moving the goalposts on this ticket so that it can be closed this sprint" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60982518
Chris Beer unstarted "HTML description of Solr setup" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57453326
Gregory Jansen unstarted "Prepare and test UNC content models for F4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6098251815:41
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #546: SUCCESS in 1 min 7 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/546/
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din finished "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279915:42
Mike Durbin unstarted "FedoraHtmlResponsesIT#testVersionCreationAndNavigation fails sometimes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6201622015:43
Mike Durbin edited "FedoraHtmlResponsesIT#testVersionCreationAndNavigation fails sometimes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62016220
<ajs6f>Trust, but verify.15:44
Wow, I've never quoted Reagan before. Feels kind of weird.
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din added comment: "Clicking on "Unstarted" per 3 pm discussion. Continuing to enhance, though." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62071504
Osman Din unstarted "Create simple utility that takes ModeShape filesystem binary artifacts (i.e. fcrepo4-data directory as input) and g..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6207150415:45
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #707: STILL UNSTABLE in 4 min 59 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/707/15:46
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Rename default modeshape/infinispan/etc configurations to xxx-default.yyy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6174244415:47
Mike Durbin edited "Feature Documentation: Versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225862815:48
Gregory Jansen edited "Feature Documentation: Authorization/Authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225756615:49
Esme Cowles edited "Feature Documentation: Federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225780615:50
Mike Durbin added "Polish and review all Documentation DRAFT section" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241950015:51
Mike Durbin edited "Polish and review all Documentation DRAFT section" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62419500
Gregory Jansen added comment: "Scott has actually handled several of these tasks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6121262015:52
Gregory Jansen added comment: "moving enforcement of non-resource API endpoints to a separate dev and doc ticket" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6121262015:55
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka added "Decide whether to support Github issues" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242003415:56
Mike Durbin started "Some versions are inaccessible" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6239170215:57
Chris Beer edited "Refactor clients of fcrepo-kernel (other than fcrepo-http-api) to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59236554
Chris Beer edited "Develop paging mechanism for fcrepo-http-api methods that report RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59240160
Chris Beer edited "Update node COPY/MOVE to be cross-workspace ready" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6088732215:58
Gregory Jansen added "Enforce non-resource API endpoints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242018215:59
Gregory Jansen edited "Prepare and test UNC content models for F4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6098251816:00
Chris Beer deleted "Improve JAXB classes for Sitemap" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5844996816:01
<ajs6f>PATCHES WELCOME!16:02
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added "XACML to migrate to design page" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242064416:05
Mike Durbin deleted "Fedora3 Connector Integration Tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5643681416:06
Mike Durbin deleted "Implement versioning for fedora 3 federated content." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58034436
Mike Durbin deleted "Implement special handling for DC, RELS-EXT and RELS-INT datastreams for federated fedora 3 content." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58034266
Mike Durbin deleted "Exposing nodes with lots of children" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5642959416:08
Gregory Jansen deleted 3 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/593359605949197659939480
Mike Durbin added comment: "We should note that files as big as 1GB shouldn't be uploaded." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6218834216:11
<osmandin>afk
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "Fix upload via web interface for files > ~1GB" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55227240
A. "Horbulaco" Soroka deleted "Decide on Wiring and Configuration Approaches" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6088798216:13
Chris Beer deleted "Trash below pending review" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60535382
Gregory Jansen deleted 6 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196724541966745448029845458033515701234545824916:15
Chris Beer estimated "Enforce non-resource API endpoints" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62420182
* ajs6f leaves16:16
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen deleted 4 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47895901541967005486508851569887
* ajs6f joins16:17
<mikeAtUVa>sweet... now that almost 6 hours of straight meetings has ended I can write some code.... er, review documentation.16:19
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: The only purpose of code is to engender documentation.
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen deleted 8 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/592497145419681054196804541968165924995659249590541968345983369416:25
* edInCo leaves
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen deleted "XACML to migrate to design page" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62420644
* ajs6f leaves16:32
* ajs6f joins16:37
<cbeer>escowles: what's the story on https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/187? just waiting for a mege?16:56
or a merge
(we rescoped the linked ticket, i guess)16:57
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: should we advertise the fcr:sparql feature in the "RESTful HTTP API" page and feature tour?17:01
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: now that we're scanning fcrepo.transform for the webapp, i guess so17:02
<mikeAtUVa>Right now there's a warning that says it's experimental and not yet in any release, but that's apparently not entirely true.
* osmandin leaves17:03
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: sounds good.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa/cbeer: We should definitely advertise it, and we should make a point of pointing out that it's a built-in way to view Fedora resources as collections of names fields. This could be very soothing to people who are frightened or confused by RDF.17:04
* barmintor|meet-1 joins
<ajs6f>named fields, sorry.17:05
* barmintor|meetin leaves
<mikeAtUVa>ajs6f: alright, I'll do my best to capture that in the Feature Walkthrough. I think these pages when I get done with them will be a great framework that people more knowledgeable than I can correct and improve as they see fit.17:06
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: I feel like someone must have once said that about the Fedora 2 docs.
<mikeAtUVa>Weren't those just a PDF?;)17:07
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #176: Removed Abdera; introduced ROME for ATOM. (master...rome) http://git.io/CWHm1w
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "This looks good. I don't have time this minute, but I'll add a section on the recently completed fcr:sparql..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225770017:08
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Think of the era: not PDF, but PostScript.
<mikeAtUVa>Good times.
* mikeAtUVa fires up ghost script for windows.
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Aren't we still _running_ a 2 instance?17:09
* mikeAtUVa disavows...
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:10
<ajs6f>Disavowal: the ultimate privilege and and defiance and defense of a repository manager.
* gregjansen leaves
<ajs6f>I'm out for the day. See y'all later.
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242612017:19
* github-ff joins17:20
[fcrepo4] cbeer closed pull request #187: Label managed properties in HTML UI (master...managed-property-tagging) http://git.io/l1R0QQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242612017:21
Chris Beer edited "Mark .../repository#repository/ predicates as managed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62426120
<escowles>cbeer: yes, https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/187 was just a tiny update to mark the managed predicates -- i'm open to suggestions on the styling, but i wanted something inobtrusive and to add the title="managed predicate" which would hopefully let people know what was going on17:30
<cbeer>escowles: yeah. i had no obvious ideas about styling.. the important thing is they're marked somehow17:31
<escowles>maybe we'll eventually get a good web designer to take a look at this and pretty it up17:32
* travis-ci joins17:33
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1415 (master - 44edb61 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/f90140ad734e...44edb61e1792
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/15369678
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #547: SUCCESS in 1 min 56 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/547/17:52
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #708: STILL UNSTABLE in 5 min 9 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/708/17:57
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "I think this page is a good start for building knowledge about the internal workings for fcrepo4 developers, ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279918:07
Chris Beer added "Validate that Modeshape's BsonWriter produces valid BSON" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242890618:08
Chris Beer added "Make Modeshape serialization-format agnostic" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242896018:09
Chris Beer added "Provide a utility for dumping Modeshape's BSON output to human-readable text" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62428998
Chris Beer estimated "Provide a utility for dumping Modeshape's BSON output to human-readable text" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62428998
Chris Beer estimated "Make Modeshape serialization-format agnostic" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62428960
Chris Beer estimated "Validate that Modeshape's BsonWriter produces valid BSON" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62428906
Chris Beer added comment: "I've spun off https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62428998 to develop the "modetrace" tool." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279918:10
* ksclarke leaves18:11
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Contribute our MODE persistence artifacts analysis upstream" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62429154
Chris Beer estimated "Contribute our MODE persistence artifacts analysis upstream" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62429154
Chris Beer estimated "Contribute our MODE persistence artifacts analysis upstream" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6242915418:12
Chris Beer estimated "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279918:13
Chris Beer delivered "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49012799
Chris Beer added comment: "Thanks, that structure is better. I think some of the definitions need work to make sense in-context (and, I ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6219153618:17
Chris Beer added comment: "from #62191536 : "As part of a final documentation review, we should extract terms to the glossary as appropr..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6241950018:18
Chris Beer delivered "Create "Documentation DRAFT > Glossary" page" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62191536
Chris Beer added comment: "Ah, I didn't realize that page was entirely auto-generated. I think @awoods has some magic way to re-sort chi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474618:19
Chris Beer delivered "Inventory Beta Design Documents for Documentation Draft" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474618:20
Chris Beer added comment: "At a minimum, this page should describe the feature, configuration, and (perhaps) link out to https://docs.jb..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6225780618:22
Chris Beer added comment: "Looks good (enough). I wonder if we need a separate section of documentation arranged by use-case though. As ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5506912618:24
* ermadmix leaves18:34
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "Feature Documentation: Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6232377619:01
Chris Beer finished "Feature Documentation: Transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62323776
Chris Beer added comment: "@md can you review that page?I worry about the redundancy with the HTTP API page, but what can you do?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62323776
Esme Cowles added comment: "I added "Particularly useful for migrating Fedora 3 content or serving large files already on disk." to the ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5506912619:02
Esme Cowles added comment: "@cbeer If you go go to Browse > Pages, you'll get a tree view where you can drill down to whatever page you ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474619:03
Chris Beer added comment: "Thanks. It doesn't seem like reordering pages there makes any difference for the widget on the Features page. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474619:10
Esme Cowles added comment: "The child display widget also had sorting on. I turned it off and now I can reorder children and have them ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474619:15
Chris Beer added comment: "Didn't even think to look. I'll resort the pages later." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6223474619:29
* ksclarke joins20:39
* ksclarke leaves23:30

Generated by Sualtam