Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins00:22
* kaarefc leaves00:26
* ksclarke leaves01:14
* kaarefc joins01:30
* fasseg joins05:42
* nbanks joins07:53
* gregjansen joins08:54
<awoods>gregjansen: you may want to see if you can start the new g-hangout link (as you are not coming from a "duraspace" account)09:17
<gregjansen>will do
<awoods>gregjansen: let me know the results, and we can work something out if it does not cooperate.09:18
<gregjansen>It is saying that "the party is over", which sounds ominous09:20
I don't know how you got the last one to be persistent, but that was a neat trick
GAME OVER
<awoods>not so fast
gregjansen: you can probably get in now...09:21
gregjansen: no?09:22
gregjansen: maybe?09:23
<gregjansen>trying
<awoods>gregjansen: what link are you using?
<gregjansen>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/76cpjrnjr0b02kam9q1stf0s4k?hl=en
do you have a new one
<awoods>no09:24
I was using the same... but it changed once the hangout started.09:25
<gregjansen>hmm, can you paste url?09:26
<escowles>awoods: i think the trick is to schedule the hangout in the distant future -- then it's valid until that time
<gregjansen>is there an option for "keeping this hangout url around?"
escowles: does that mean that it needs to be a g+ event? b/c then we limit to 10..09:27
<awoods>escowles: that sounds right... however, the 15-person hangout can not be started as an "event"
<escowles>hmm -- that's an annoying tradeoff
<gregjansen>awoods: does our google apps group have a calendar?
<awoods>sure
<gregjansen>maybe you can schedule it there..
<awoods>I can try09:28
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.9ltfmebrt03tfcci870aorlvr009:29
That hangout is on the Calendar for Dec 31st.
<gregjansen>i got in09:30
maybe we want to schedule one for farther out...09:31
yay
<awoods>gregjansen: Although I am not sure if this one will allow 15 or just 1009:32
gregjansen: I can schedule it further out, however, and we can always change if it does not suite our needs.09:33
* tecoripa joins09:34
<gregjansen>awoods: snsd gd
<awoods>gregjansen: should I know what that means?09:35
gregjansen/escowles: Does this link work for you: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.opn3ai06k1ge0no877ei3cku4o09:36
it is scheduled out to Jan 1st, 2015
<escowles>awoods: yep, worked fine09:37
<gregjansen>awoods: works fine, will put link in stand up and meeting pages
<awoods>All: The wiki is currently under attack: dos
gregjansen/escowles: great
We will still have to wait and see if it holds 15 participants09:38
<gregjansen>awoods: link farmers or vandalism?
<awoods>gregjansen: endlessly creating pages09:39
<gregjansen>awoods: wow, it is quite slow. I assume you mean attempting to create pages w/o success.
<awoods>gregjansen: no, they are successful, and hence the slowness for everyone else09:40
* tecoripa leaves09:46
* ksclarke joins09:50
* ermadmix joins09:55
* osmandin joins
<awoods>gregjansen: I will not be on today's standup... but will be back later. It appears that Scott and Eric will not be on the call either. Here is my status:10:13
# Had two sponsor calls yesterday (~20 participants total)
** Only complements on progress
** Suggestion for creating screencasts, ala: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJFitFaE9AY_DDlhl3Kq_vFeX27F1yt6I
# Tech mailing list merge/transition should be complete this weekend (new: fedora-tech@googlegroups.com)
# "Fedora Futures" wiki space is now "Fedora Repository", links not changed
# Will be reviewing code and testing functionality today
<gregjansen>awoods: thanks, good to hear the sponsors are happy with progress10:15
<awoods>indeed
<osmandin>gregjansen: I won't be on the call today due to a mandatory meeting 11 - 12. Ticket status is that I'm continuing to experiment with different parsers to get rid of the intermittent AtomJMSIT errors thrown. Thx.10:36
<barmintor>osmandin: thank you, thank you, thank you.10:40
* ajs6f joins10:41
<gregjansen>osmandin: thanks Osman!
* ermadmix leaves10:43
<gregjansen>For today's stand up we are back in hangout, new url is https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.opn3ai06k1ge0no877ei3cku4o10:46
apparently the wiki is experiencing a DOS attack, so I am consolidating minutes offline for now. May put them in a google doc during standup.10:47
<ajs6f>rhauch has promoted our desires for a new MODE config API from Major to Critical. I guess they really like us.10:48
<gregjansen>excellent. now what else can we get?10:49
<ajs6f>A pony.
But this pony can only be ridden via the JCR API.
<fasseg><frank.asseg@objecthunter.net> <fun:isRiding> <jcr:pony> ?10:50
<ajs6f>This pony uses OWL.10:51
<fasseg>blarg, no riding for me then
<ajs6f>It's a wild pony, so it uses OWL Full— it's _intractable_!10:52
Oh, I got a million of 'em.
<fasseg>we should probably expose this as an easter egg
<barmintor>slowest. pony. ever.
<gregjansen>[fedora:pony] > fedora:object mixin10:54
<escowles>what if it's a MADSPony?
<escowles@ucsd.edu> <madsrdf:isRiding> _:bn1 .
_:bn1 <rdf:type> <madsrdf:MADSPony> .
_:bn1 <madsrdf:authoritativeLabel> "Bill" .
_:bn1 <madsrdf:elementList> _:bn2 .
_:bn2 <rdf:first> _:bn3 .
_:bn2 <rdf:rest> <rdf:nil> .
_:bn3 <rdf:type> <madsrdf:MADSPonyElement> .
_:bn3 <madsrdf:elementValue> "Bill" .
<gregjansen>escowles: what just happened?10:55
<ajs6f>Look out! It's a rabid MADSPony! It's frothing at the mouth, spitting assertions and blank nodes!
<escowles>my MADS joke fell flat
<ajs6f>That's because you used blank nodes.
<escowles>what, nobody else hand-codes MADS Ntriples by hand?
<gregjansen>that pony never rests?
* osmandin leaves10:56
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to SpringShortcuts: http://git.io/S0TkAw
fcrepo4/SpringShortcuts 23ec317 ajs6f: More Spring XML cleanup
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins10:57
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #163: Spring shortcuts (master...SpringShortcuts) http://git.io/RKcwpA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/163" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61240064
A. "Outrageac" Soroka finished "Spring cleaning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61240064
<gregjansen>anyone else tried running fcrepo-webapp via the cargo plugin?
<ajs6f>barmintor: ^^^ nonfunctional cleanup in the Spring XML, just make it a jot more readable10:59
Are we in https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/calendar/eW91cm1lZGlhc2hlbGYuY29tXzVlYzdpNXQ2Z282dTdidHI4aTVrbGJxOTUwQGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20.opn3ai06k1ge0no877ei3cku4o?
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka started "File ticket for MODE to investigate a better configuration API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6122638611:04
A. "Outrageac" Soroka accepted "File ticket for MODE to investigate a better configuration API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61226386
A. "Outrageac" Soroka added comment: "https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-2101" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61226386
* ermadmix joins
* tecoripa1 joins11:10
* tecoripa1 leaves
<ajs6f>https://community.jboss.org/message/846862
^^^ Interesting info from rhauch about what MODE does ith clustering, as opposed to what ISPN does.
"In 4.0, each process will also be keeping a journal of all events, which will enable us to improve indexing (especially when processes rejoin the cluster after leaving it at some earlier time) and to implement JCR Journaled Observation."11:11
That could be relevant for our discussions about turning indeing on and off.
cargo++
<barmintor>gregjansen: I'm back, sorry11:12
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1253 (SpringShortcuts - 23ec317 : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/a8f930f6e815...23ec317c0694
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14374823
* travis-ci leaves
<barmintor>This operation cannot be performed when the session has pending changes11:15
<fasseg>ah i think i got my BE and AE mixed up: A truck (US, CA and AU) or lorry (UK and Ireland)11:18
<ajs6f>There is not owl:sameAs between them.11:19
<fasseg>it sounds like a one-to-one mapping to me though
<ajs6f>http://ajs6f.github.io/fcrepo-xslt-triplegenerator
<escowles>i'd say lorry == semi
<fasseg>:) that looks like trucks to me: https://www.google.com/search?q=lorry+uk&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QoSPUua8BtLNsQTNy4GQBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1630&bih=94211:20
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #480: SUCCESS in 1 min 35 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/480/11:21
<escowles>yes, but US truck also encompasses pickup trucks, delivery vans, etc. that wouldn't count as lorries11:22
<fasseg>Ah this way around....I see
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #664: STILL FAILING in 7 min 45 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/664/11:28
<ajs6f>That URL ^^^ I posted in an example of using Cargo to run i-tests, so it would be of interest to anyone who wants to write modules against the fcrepo4 webapp. (Which is what gregajansen is doing.)11:29
Is the wiki still dead?11:30
Hm. Looks like it.
afk bbs11:36
* ermadmix leaves
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added "Create a Testcase for large file handling in Infinispan and submit a bug report if applicaple" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6129828411:37
Frank Asseg edited "Create a Testcase for large file handling in Infinispan and submit a bug report if applicable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6129828411:38
* ajs6f joins11:41
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka added "Add @Produces annotations to MessageBodyWriters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6129986611:54
A. "Outrageac" Soroka started "Add @Produces annotations to MessageBodyWriters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61299866
* github-ff joins12:01
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created ProducesAnnotations (+1 new commit): http://git.io/rLGNjw
fcrepo4/ProducesAnnotations 28044a4 ajs6f: Adding @Producer annotations to MessageBodyWriters
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #164: Adding @Producer annotations to MessageBodyWriters (master...ProducesAnnotations) http://git.io/gNOQPQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/164" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61299866
A. "Outrageac" Soroka finished "Add @Produces annotations to MessageBodyWriters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61299866
<ajs6f>barmintor: ^^^ very small update to get JAX-RS working a tiny bit faster12:02
* ermadmix joins
<ajs6f>afk bbl12:03
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/tunZFw
fcrepo4/master 36125ff Benjamin Armintor: Merge pull request #163 from futures/SpringShortcuts...
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins12:14
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1255 (ProducesAnnotations - 28044a4 : ajs6f): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/28044a438451
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14378044
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins12:18
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1257 (master - 36125ff : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/39371715f944...36125ffda54c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14378162
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #481: SUCCESS in 1 min 4 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/481/12:23
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/d0IKdQ
fcrepo4/master 19369d8 Benjamin Armintor: Merge pull request #164 from futures/ProducesAnnotations...
* github-ff leaves
* ermadmix leaves12:34
* gregjansen leaves12:38
* travis-ci joins12:40
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1258 (master - 19369d8 : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/36125ffda54c...19369d865547
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14379051
* travis-ci leaves
* osmandin joins12:41
* ermadmix joins
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #482: SUCCESS in 1 min 53 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/482/12:45
<osmandin>afk 3012:49
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #483: SUCCESS in 1 min 22 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/483/13:04
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #665: NOW UNSTABLE in 3 min 1 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/665/13:07
* ermadmix leaves13:15
* gregjansen joins13:33
* nbanks leaves13:50
* nbanks joins13:51
<gregjansen>anybody know how we've been avoiding commons-logging while using httpclient in ITs?13:57
* nbanks leaves13:58
* nbanks joins13:59
<gregjansen>nm, jcl-over-slf4j was the answer14:00
* ermadmix joins14:13
* github-ff joins14:26
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted ProducesAnnotations at 28044a4: http://git.io/j-tsoA
* github-ff leaves
<awoods>All: fyi, the wiki is still getting slammed by the Russians.14:27
<ajs6f>What did we do to them?14:28
<awoods>where to begin...
<gregjansen>the question is, who hired them14:33
who want to review a content model examples PR?
it is nothing major, but my cargo cult is working
<awoods>gregjansen: where is the PR?14:40
<gregjansen>awoods: brb
awoods: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-content-model-examples/pull/1 I will put it in my ticket as well14:41
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-content-model-examples/pull/1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61225722
* github-ff joins14:43
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/UXeTmg
fcrepo4/master 83af13b ajs6f: Minor emendation to Spring XML
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #484: SUCCESS in 1 min 2 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/484/
<awoods>gregjansen: one initial comment you can start on... still reviewing.14:52
<gregjansen>awoods: okay, I will get right on it. I have a quick support issue at UNC..14:54
* nbanks leaves14:56
* travis-ci joins14:58
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1259 (master - 83af13b : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/19369d865547...83af13baffab
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14385910
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1436: UNSTABLE in 15 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1436/14:59
A. Soroka: Minor emendation to Spring XML
* ajs6f leaves15:10
<barmintor>once again, "pending changes" after 35 objects.15:11
weirdly, the line that throws that error is literally the one following session.save
* ajs6f joins15:12
<awoods>what is the issue, barmintor?
barmintor: I am out of context
<barmintor>awoods: wen I run benchtool, after 35 objects I start to get 500's
awoods: "javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: This operation cannot be performed when the session has pending changes"
<awoods>barmintor: and presumably no one else is seeing this error?
<ajs6f>barmintor: It never happens single-threaded, right?15:13
<barmintor>ajs6f: good ?
<ajs6f>barmintor: I'm just checking— getting a handle on the conditions.
<cbeer>barmintor: that sounds like the error i saw when poking around with versioning
<escowles>barmintor: i've never seen that error & all my benchtool tests are single-threaded
<ajs6f>If my earlier hypothesis about a single thread outrunning itself held any water, it should happen single-threaded too. So forget that.15:14
<barmintor>ajs6f: single threaded churns up to 100+ w/o error
<ajs6f>barmintor: Smells more and more like one thread steping on another's session… somehow.
<barmintor>so that suggests that sessions are being shared across threads
<cbeer>barmintor: i'd guess two threads tried to change the root object at the same time, and one called the versioning checkpoint while the other was still changing the object
because versioning isn't scoped to a session, it's workspace wide
<ajs6f>cbeer: should we disallow changing the root node… period?15:15
<escowles>barmintor: out of curiosity, have you tried fewer threads? when i did multi-thread testing at one point, i found very little improvement above 4-ish threads
<cbeer>ajs6f: i'm not sure we're checkpointing the root node.
<barmintor>escowles: I was just following the example text from the benchtool README :)
<ajs6f>cbeer: I'm confident that we are not.
escowles: If we show no improvement past four threads, we have a different problem. {grin}15:16
<barmintor>escowles: actually, the single threaded test was much faster than the 15 thread
<ajs6f>Node.js!
<escowles>ajs6f: probably -- though i think i did those with both the client and repo on my cranky old desktop machine
<ajs6f>escowles: Okay, so not a great example...
* ermadmix leaves15:18
<ajs6f>Well, if cbeer's hypothesis is correct, checking to ensure that the benchmark tool leaves the root alone should eliminate the problem.
cbeer: right?
(At least, barmintor's immediate problem.)
<cbeer>ajs6f: or a common node, i guess. not necessarily the root node15:19
<ajs6f>common ancestor?
<escowles>ajs6f: all the benchtool calls are under /rest/objects/[id] -- so it could be /rest/objects/ that's the point of contention
<cbeer>ajs6f: and, i don't know anything. it just sounds like what happens when you try to version a dirty node.
<barmintor>cbeer: that is what it is
<ajs6f>cbeer++
<escowles>dirty nodes, versioned dirt cheap15:20
<barmintor>cbeer: it's thrown after the session is saved and a version checkpoint is set up in FedoraContent
<ajs6f>You know, if there's one thing Fedora needs, it's some Angus Young guitar.15:21
And awoods in a schoolboy costume.
<awoods>ajs6f: behave
<escowles>awoods: Austin Powers costume then?15:22
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm just trying to make use of our assets.
* tecoripa joins15:24
* ermadmix joins
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka edited "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6116632215:25
<ajs6f>^^^ that issue included FedoraDatastreams because I mistakenly thought there were RDF-producing endpoints in there.
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka estimated "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6116632215:34
A. "Outrageac" Soroka started "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
A. "Outrageac" Soroka edited "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
Andrew Woods accepted "Remove statics from NodePropertiesTools" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6086561815:35
Andrew Woods delivered "Spring cleaning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6124006415:36
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted SpringShortcuts at 23ec317: http://git.io/WdEjZQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Add @Produces annotations to MessageBodyWriters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61299866
Benjamin Armintor added "Fix Bug with Mutli-threaded clients and versions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6131598415:39
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Run benchtool ingest with 15 threads to reproduce" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6131598415:40
<ajs6f>Crud. Our fixity results were made with blank nodes, which the iterating RDF HTTP machinery hates. I'm going to switch that to a reasonably-named URI. Maybe resource+"/fixity".15:42
<cbeer>ajs6f: and maybe a timestamp?15:46
<awoods>ajs6f: my understanding is the fixity is the only place blank nodes are being used.
<ajs6f>Ooh, good idea.
awoods: I hope so. I will kill them all!15:47
<awoods>ajs6f, the hammer
<ajs6f>(Nothing against blank nodes, except on the Web.)
"One must be either hammer or anvil."
<awoods>All: The Russians appear to be under control, for the moment.15:48
<ajs6f>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQR0JXYtK8w
awoods: Is this going to prevent us from getting developer contributions from Russian institutions?15:49
<awoods>ajs6f: it is a big country15:50
ajs6f: however, we may need to curb our IRC generalizations.
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #1437: FIXED in 14 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1437/
<ajs6f>In a big country dreams stay with you...15:51
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #485: SUCCESS in 1 min 0 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/485/15:52
<ajs6f>cbeer: For a timestamp, are millis-from-the-epoch reasonable?
<barmintor>Fedora 4: Expect to grow flowers in the desert!
<cbeer>ajs6f: if you run fixity checks more often than that, i think we can blame the user.
<awoods>ajs6f: do we care about readability of those timestamps?
<ajs6f>Oh, I miss those guys. I think I still have my _Wonderland_ EP somewhere in the basement.
awoods: Do we?15:53
<awoods>ajs6f: In general, I prefer readability over opaqueness. However, is this a case where it does not matter?
<ajs6f>awoods: What's the use case for a human reading the subjects of fixity triples and using them in another workflow?15:54
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #666: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/666/
<ajs6f>_by hand_.
I can just use toString, but that is platform-variable.15:55
<escowles>ajs6f: i can imagine presenting a list of fixity results in the HTML UI, and having the timestamps be human-readable would tell the user something
* fasseg leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: presumably the datetime of the fixity run is captured somewhere else?
<ajs6f>escowles: true. toString would be good enough for that, I think.
awods: No idea.
<barmintor>OTOH, I would vote for making that formatting a display issue
<ajs6f>+1 to that. The RDF result is _data_.
Not presentation.
<awoods>ajs6f/barmintor/escowles: I just wanted to make sure we had considered the issue of readability.15:56
<ajs6f>Maybe (not now) we should think about time-dependent RDF and how we construct it as a general issue.
<escowles>seconds-since-the-epoch will at least sort lexically, and should be easy to convert to a formatted date in the HTML UI if we wanted to do that15:57
<ajs6f>Can we get a grant to pay Herbert Van de Sompel to think about this for us?
millis-from-the-epoch it is!
<awoods>escowles: versus millis-since-the-epoch?15:58
<ajs6f>PATCHES… oh, you know.
<awoods>ajs6f: escowles was suggesting "seconds"
<ajs6f>Really?
<escowles>awoods: sorry -- millis is fine
<awoods>^^^
<ajs6f>Right.
<awoods>done
<ajs6f>The Unix way wins again!
So, resource-uri + "/fixityAt/" + time-in-millis15:59
<cbeer>awoods: the millis is just to make it obvious that multiple runs of fixity are different resources, so 'dumb' rdf clients wouldn't combine them or something and come up with a useless result16:00
<ajs6f>An URI that literally can never be produced again. A flower opening into a desert.
<awoods>cbeer: sounds like we are good16:01
<ajs6f>awoods: PR on the way.
<awoods>ajs6f: is there a ticket?
<ajs6f>https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
<pivotal-bot>feature: Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation (started) / owner: A. "Outrageac" Soroka
* github-ff joins16:02
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created FixityHttpIteration (+1 new commit): http://git.io/9PjcJg
fcrepo4/FixityHttpIteration 14f035c ajs6f: FedoraFixity now streaming results
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
Andrew Woods accepted "Spring cleaning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6124006416:03
Andrew Woods accepted "Add @Produces annotations to MessageBodyWriters" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61299866
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #165: FedoraFixity now streaming results (master...FixityHttpIteration) http://git.io/wBEH1w
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>A. "Outrageac" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/165" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
A. "Outrageac" Soroka finished "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
A. "Outrageac" Soroka edited "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
<awoods>brb... grabbing a quick bite.
<ajs6f>timestamp it16:04
Your lunch is ephemeral.
<barmintor>"Processing 1000 objects took 2343382 ms"16:05
<ajs6f>Is that a lot?16:06
<barmintor>it's 2.343382 sec/object
<ajs6f>That's no better than F3, is it?
<barmintor>IDK- that's also with the profiler running16:07
<ajs6f>Hm.
* mikeAtUVa leaves
<ajs6f>YK reflects the heck of everything.
out of
I'm out for the week. See y'all Monday. Don't forget to live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime.16:09
* ajs6f leaves
* travis-ci joins16:18
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1260 (FixityHttpIteration - 14f035c : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/14f035c3498c
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14390118
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #486: SUCCESS in 1 min 1 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/486/16:20
<gregjansen>anybody know if we implemented RDFS support for content models yet? I know it was discussed..16:22
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #667: STILL UNSTABLE in 2 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/667/16:23
<awoods>gregjansen: I believe so, yes. https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5372244916:26
<pivotal-bot>feature: serializing NodeTypes as RDFS (accepted) / owner: Chris Beer
Gregory Jansen edited "Create project with example content models" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6122572216:30
<barmintor>Unsurprising observations: 70% of the heap allocation is byte[] objects16:31
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen edited "Run benchmark tests for single Fedora node on server hardware." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6098381616:32
Gregory Jansen edited "Run benchmark tests of F4 4/8 node cluster at UNC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60983968
Gregory Jansen started "Complete Test Cluster specs page for UNC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59699750
<barmintor>and all of the CPU hotspots are in MODE and ISPN16:33
<awoods>hmm
<pivotal-bot>Scott Prater started "Write recipe for converting sample Fedora 3 content models to Fedora 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60963482
<awoods>barmintor: were you able to resolve the thread collisions on versioning issue?
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Test+-+Platform+Profile%3A+Cluster+at+UNC+Chapel+Hill16:34
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59699750
<barmintor>awoods: I didn't even try, onestly
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen finished "Complete Test Cluster specs page for UNC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59699750
Scott Prater added comment: "@gregoryjansen : I stubbed out a "How To" page at https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6096348216:35
<awoods>gregjansen: Failed tests:16:36
ExampleNodeTypesIT.testModelSets:91->ingestNodeTypes:112 Expected NO CONTENT response. expected:<204> but was:<503>
<gregjansen>awoods: kthx16:37
<awoods>gregjansen: Does it run for you?
<gregjansen>awoods: yeah, sounds like a timing issue
awoods: it grabs a random high port now16:38
<awoods>gregjansen: I see that. thanks
<gregjansen>anyone know if node types are tied to workspaces? my understanding is that most everything is defined within a WS...
<awoods>gregjansen: I would not think so, as the CND files are not loaded into a given workspace.16:41
<gregjansen>awoods: one goes through the workspace API to get a node type manager, by which you load the types.. So I think in modeshape they are probably defined within the WS.16:43
awoods: there may be a high level task here of "reconciling API with arbitrary workspace support". in fact, we might as well define a fcr workspace as one that includes our node type definitions..16:45
<awoods>gregjansen: which workspace is this file loaded into: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/resources/fedora-node-types.cnd
<gregjansen>awoods: let me find out..
<awoods>default?16:46
<gregjansen>more than likely
<awoods>gregjansen: but the types defined in that CND are available in non-default workspaces.
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/8_Node_Type_Discovery.html16:47
gregjansen: How do you interpret the first sentence of section 8.1?
<gregjansen>awoods: sounds to me like workspaces only consist of "items" according to spec. so node types would span workspaces..16:50
awoods: which makes my task complete, so I support it ;)
<awoods>nice
<gregjansen>awoods:apart from the timing issue you experienced16:51
<awoods>gregjansen: I had one more comment on your PR
around defining default values on your node-types
<osmandin>afk16:52
<awoods>gregjansen: once the timing issue is resolved, maybe I will see if your CNDs work without the defaults defined.17:06
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Consider how best to expose nodes of type nt:frozenNode." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6113303017:08
Andrew Woods edited "configuration documentation " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61173578
<gregjansen>signing off for today..17:13
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Create sample Performance Testing Profile (PTP) for common use case" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6097389217:15
Andrew Woods accepted "Refactor Test Clusters wiki page into Test Platform Profiles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6107756017:18
<barmintor>awoods: did we ever settle on a place to upload the YK snapshots?17:19
<awoods>barmintor: no, but let's do that now.
barmintor: do you have a preference?17:20
<barmintor>nope
<awoods>barmintor: off hand, how does a DuraCloud account sound?
barmintor: or straight S3?17:21
<barmintor>either is fine w/ me
<awoods>barmintor: alright, stay tuned. I will set something up.
* osmandin leaves17:32
* gregjansen leaves17:34
* escowles leaves17:39
<awoods>barmintor: You should be able to update your YourKit data to the bucket "f4-dev-data": https://643699039425.signin.aws.amazon.com/console/17:47
s/update/upload/
<barmintor>are those creds hiding on the wiki or in an email somewhere?17:48
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Complete Test Cluster specs page for UNC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5969975017:56
<barmintor>okey doke, snapshots are uploaded17:57
Have a good weekend all
* barmintor leaves
* github-ff joins18:07
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/oWx3yg
fcrepo4/master ee3c9ff Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #165 from futures/FixityHttpIteration...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61166322
* ksclarke leaves18:08
* travis-ci joins18:21
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1262 (master - ee3c9ff : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/83af13baffab...ee3c9ff6eaa7
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/14395205
* travis-ci leaves
* tecoripa leaves18:25
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #487: SUCCESS in 1 min 12 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/487/18:28
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #668: STILL UNSTABLE in 3 min 18 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/668/18:31
* nbanks joins18:35
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Alter FedoraFixity to use iterating RDF generation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6116632218:36
* ermadmix leaves18:38
* ermadmix joins18:46
* ermadmix leaves19:18
* ermadmix joins19:34
* nbanks leaves
* ermadmix leaves20:06
* jonathangee joins20:11
* ermadmix joins20:16
* ksclarke joins20:44
* ermadmix leaves20:48
* ermadmix joins21:47
* ermadmix leaves22:20
* ermadmix joins22:24
* ermadmix leaves23:28
* ermadmix joins23:36
* ermadmix leaves00:08
* ksclarke leaves00:56
* ermadmix joins01:21
* ermadmix leaves01:54
* ermadmix joins02:10
* ermadmix leaves02:42
* ermadmix joins02:49

Generated by Sualtam