Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* fcrepo-bot joins05:24
* ermadmix joins05:56
* fcrepo-bot leaves06:29
* ermadmix leaves
* ermadmix joins06:38
* fasseg joins06:55
* ermadmix leaves07:10
* ermadmix joins07:11
* ermadmix leaves07:43
* ermadmix joins08:19
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "Ensure that fcrepo4 doesn't iterate over all children of a node unless it has to." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059308608:42
Mike Durbin started "Ensure that fcrepo4 doesn't iterate over all children of a node unless it has to." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059308608:43
<awoods>Team: Will someone please respond to the list question from yesterday with subject "[ff-tech] Loading a file to a Fedora object"? It is a softball.08:49
Also, please cc "fedora-tech@googlegroups.com"08:50
* ermadmix leaves08:51
* ermadmix joins09:10
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added "Update modeshape to support a quick path to determine if a node has a child with a given name." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059511009:16
Mike Durbin started "Update modeshape to support a quick path to determine if a node has a child with a given name." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60595110
Mike Durbin added "Introduce paging to a fedora 3 federation connector." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059534809:19
Mike Durbin started "Introduce paging to a fedora 3 federation connector." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60595348
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: It looks like you are pushing forward with the F3->F4 work.09:24
mikeAtUVa: Is it possible to create a clean stopping point in order to transition to the "Christmas-Release" items?
* gregjansen joins09:26
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "Single-node F4 Ingest Benchmarks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055694809:35
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I'm actually just writing up the stuff I did last week and yesterday and am wrapping up.09:38
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: perfect. thanks.09:39
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: this afternoon I'll be all Versioning all the time.
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: that must feel good.09:40
* osmandin joins
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: we'll see
I'm getting test failures on a clean install of the fcrepo-kernel module. Is this a known issue or something I'm doing wrong?09:54
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: I have not seen an error... let me run a fresh build.09:55
mikeAtUVa: What is the error? permgen?09:57
<mikeAtUVa>Failed tests:
DatastreamServiceIT.testCreateDatastreamNode:65 null
Tests in error:
DatastreamIT.testDatastreamContentWithChecksum:163 » PathNotFound The child "j...
DatastreamIT.testDatastreamContentDigestAndLength:108 » PathNotFound The child...
* ksclarke joins09:58
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: hmm... mine just choked at fcrepo-http-api with a compilation error.09:59
mikeAtUVa: nevermind, my error was a local typo.
* github-ff joins10:00
[ff-jmeter-madness] escowles created repeatability from scalability (+0 new commits): http://git.io/kjhMhQ
* github-ff leaves
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: looking deeper, it could be modeshape changes I didn't realize were still installed...
awoods: yeah, cleaning on my m2/repository/org/modeshape dir did the trick.. sorry to bother you.10:05
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: glad to hear all is well.
mikeAtUVa: fyi, my build works (w/o jacoco)10:09
<cbeer>escowles: ok, i think i've cracked simple sparql. i'm going to make the assumption that any variable in the subject position is a JCR node (and requires a self-join).10:50
i know that excludes a lot of valid sparql queries, but i'm not sure we could answer them reliably anyway
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din added comment: "Minor editing: ""10:57
https://github.com/osmandin/fcrepo4/commit/95c91746ff3a84a90156205bc889b06ee4f477fd
(I can me..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54952244
Esme Cowles added comment: "I've added a page to the wiki with an initial proposal for # objects/ds size to use with the new benchmarkin..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055694810:59
<awoods>cbeer/barmintor/ajs6f: standup11:01
<escowles>cbeer: that sounds like a reasonable limitation to me -- if we don't support bnodes, then subjects should always going to be JCR nodes11:02
* nbanks joins11:06
<cbeer>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Asynchronous+REST+API11:17
awoods: in other news, Modeshape is getting serious about relicensing under Apache 2.0. rhauch just sent an email seeking permission11:35
<awoods>cbeer: on a call
<cbeer>escowles: oh, i remember the thing i was going to ask you yesterday..11:41
http://libraries.ucsd.edu/ark:/20775/bb2765355h is some kind of object relation predicate?11:42
sorry, not that.
http://libraries.ucsd.edu/ark:/20775/bb3652744n
<escowles>cbeer: it's the ARK URI we use internally for our titles (so it's both an object with its own triples and a predicate)12:06
much like the marc relators are objects that could be used as predicates12:08
<cbeer>escowles: ok. i'm stealing the sparql query out of one of those files, just trying to make sense of it12:10
* gregjansen leaves12:15
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added "Custom literal properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350212:31
<fasseg>cbeer: Can I ask you to take a look at this issue: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60613502? This test reproduces the problem https://gist.github.com/fasseg/7434927. And I'm not able to wrap my head around the RDF generation logic...12:32
<pivotal-bot>bug: Custom literal properties seem to get lost between sessions (unscheduled) / owner:
<cbeer>fasseg: sure. i just tried it out in the REST API and couldn't recreate it, so you'll have to give me time to finish my sparql work before i can switch to your test.12:39
<fasseg>sure
I also tries a simple test via the rest api and didn't had this problem, is it possible that sessions don't get switched in the JAX-RS resource?12:40
*trie
*tried
I'm having diner now anyway....bbl12:42
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Test Basic AuthZ" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061567012:58
Andrew Woods edited "Test Basic AuthZ" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60615670
Andrew Woods edited "Custom literal properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350213:00
<cbeer>jena--13:02
<awoods>deja vu13:03
<cbeer>some things never change13:05
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901279913:06
Andrew Woods edited "Introspect the bson output for modeshape schematics and report back how friendly the output is" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49012799
* ermadmix leaves
* github-ff joins13:11
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 3 new commits to sparql: http://git.io/jmBc9g
fcrepo4/sparql c5ad17f Chris Beer: stash
fcrepo4/sparql f8397d7 Chris Beer: properties have to be explicitly given for modeshape to index them.
fcrepo4/sparql cf9fbff Chris Beer: move this class to -transform?
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>ok. that "works", for some definition of works.13:13
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din finished "Javadoc Package Documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5495224413:14
<awoods>cbeer: is that definition documented for the user?
<cbeer>just needs cleanup and some unit testing
* osmandin leaves
<cbeer>awoods: it's not documented for me either.
i'm just happy i can send a sparql query and get sparql-formatted results back
<awoods>cbeer: that is a start13:15
* travis-ci joins13:17
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1147 (sparql - cf9fbff : Chris Beer): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/780f89d9a06a...cf9fbffce051
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13870667
* travis-ci leaves
* ermadmix joins13:25
<cbeer>fasseg: i think you're going to have to ask ajs6f. i've tracked your issue to https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/kernel/rdf/impl/PropertiesRdfContext.java#L13613:26
i'm not sure why, but your "foo" is getting stored as a binary property13:27
<fasseg>kk thanks chris
<cbeer>and that method is filtering out binary properties, i think.
<awoods>escowles: Do you mind if I move your new "Single-node performance test" page somewhere under: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/FF+Candidate+Test+Harness13:28
<fasseg>awoods: have you heard from adam, btw?
<awoods>fasseg: I have not, yet. I hope you hear back shortly.13:29
s/you/to/
<fasseg>k then ill try to dig in and check why this is a binary property then ;)13:30
<cbeer>good luck. i've gotten completely lost in the functional cleverness.13:32
<fasseg>eek, what happenened to good old KISS?
<awoods>I think ajs6f's idea is that the functional-madness is simple if you see the world through that lens.13:33
<fasseg>but....but...I've grown up with oop...now im an old dog.. .)13:34
these fancy kids with their love for lambda13:35
<awoods>You are not alone. But the fact of the matter is: ajs6f is doing great work.
<fasseg>ofc13:36
<cbeer>80% good, 20% madness.13:37
oh.13:40
fasseg: "foo" is turned into a binary value there because the testing repository.json asks it to be:13:41
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-jcr/src/main/resources/config/testing/repository.json#L12
i guess in SCAPE you must be using a really small binary size value too?13:42
<fasseg>I see..
<awoods>escowles: ping
<cbeer>when you exceed that minimum size (default.. 1k? 1m?), modeshape takes the property and sticks it in the binary store
otherwise it'd bloat the structure doc.
i'd guess ajs6f is excluding them for performance reasons13:43
but we don't have a way to actually retrieve them or know they exist
<fasseg>hmm shouldn't something like <sub> <prop> "foo"^^xsd:string override the binary setting?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #405: SUCCESS in 1 min 24 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/405/13:44
<cbeer>nope. the ^^xsd:string is a type hint to modeshape (and, i think binary values can be typed too?)
but if the size exceeds whatever is set, it gets stored in the binary store always.
<fasseg>ahh very cool, now it does work for me, thanks a lot!13:45
<awoods>cbeer++
<fasseg>cbeer++ idd
<escowles>awoods: yes?13:47
<awoods>escowles: Do you mind if I move your new "Single-node performance test" page somewhere under: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/FF+Candidate+Test+Harness
<fasseg>cbeer: adn yeah I was using the same repository.json in my scape integration tests....13:48
<escowles>awoods: go ahead and move it wherever you think makes sense
<awoods>escowles: ok. Also, do you need help get your tests running at other institutions?
<cbeer>ok. awoods: i wonder if excluding binary properties (besides the jcr:content) is no longer needed when we do the RDFStream stuff13:49
<awoods>cbeer: do you have a line number?13:50
<cbeer>https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/kernel/rdf/impl/PropertiesRdfContext.java#L136
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #617: STILL FAILING in 7 min 6 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/617/13:51
<escowles>awoods: should i just post something to the fedora-tech list asking for people to run the benchtool ingest tests and report back?13:53
<awoods>escowles: I suspect we need a more direct approach...13:54
escowles: SCC and Yale have already done some of this
escowles: it may be worth looking at their results to see if you are looking for something slightly different
escowles: if so, then asking SCC and Yale to run the updated test makes sense13:55
<escowles>i saw the jmeter results, but i didn't see any results for benchtool
<awoods>fasseg ^^
osmandin^^
<cbeer>ah. smuggling binary properties into RDFNodes wouldn't be pretty.13:56
<awoods>cbeer: does modeshape stick large properties into a specific binary-property that we can selectively not filter?
<fasseg>escowles: these are the SCC cluster results: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Performance+evaluation+on+the+SCC+Cluster
<cbeer>awoods: properties are properties.
<fasseg>escowles: this is the AWS page with still some benches missing: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Performance+evaluation+on+AWS13:57
<cbeer>jcr:data is just another property. but, yes, we can filter it out, presumably.
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added comment: "This was caused by the setting maximum binary size to 1 in repository.json.
So this is not a bug but a confi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60613502
Frank Asseg rejected "Custom literal properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350213:58
<awoods>cbeer: are you now suggesting that we leave the binary logic filtering as-is?
<cbeer>awoods: no. i'm suggesting we don't filter binary properties at all (and filter only properties named jcr:data instead).13:59
<awoods>cbeer: Do you believe that was ajs6f's intent?
cbeer: or what ajs6f doing the filtering for some other reason.14:00
<cbeer>unclear. by not filtering it, we probably get some performance boost.
because it's one less lookup
(and we can't say how big these properties are going to be)
<escowles>fasseg: those test parameters look much more realistic than the jmeter testing parameters
<cbeer>but i say we take whatever performance hit we get in the name of consistency
(besides, these are properties that someone decided to stick on the node anyway.)14:01
<awoods>cbeer: Sounds like we need to circle with ajs6f to make sure the logic is correct.
<fasseg>escowles: I gues that's because of the larger size of the randomly generated data....
<escowles>fasseg: yes, and using 100 objects is much better than the 10-20 used in the jmeter tests14:02
* osmandin joins14:05
<awoods>osmandin^^ testing conversation14:07
<pivotal-bot>Osman Din started "Test Basic AuthZ" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061567014:08
<awoods>nbanks: You were not around on the call yesterday, do you have a moment to chat?14:09
<nbanks>awoods: sure
<awoods>google-hangout?
<osmandin>awoods: what does ^^ do14:10
<escowles>osmandin: points to the line above, with your nick mentioned to get your attention14:11
<osmandin>escowles: thanks.. for some reason it doesn't blink in my chat window14:12
<escowles>osmandin: do you have testing results using the benchtool
<osmandin>escowles: unlike the colon.. not sure if it's supposed to..
* GamesOnAToaster joins
* GamesOnAToaster leaves14:13
<osmandin>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Test+-+Cluster+Setup+-+Yale
<escowles>osmandin: thanks -- you are seeing f3 being almost 10x faster than f4?14:19
<osmandin>escowles: apprently.. not sure if it's due to the benchmark tool.. in f3 it seems to be one object with 100 (or whatever num.) datastreams14:21
<escowles>osmandin: that's what i'm seeing in the BenchToolFC3 class14:24
fasseg: should we update BenchToolFC3 to create separate objects for each datastream like the BenchToolFC4 does? or is there a reason why they are different?14:25
<fasseg>escowles: ah no reason just an historical artifact14:26
escowles: you're invited to change it of course ;)
<escowles>fasseg: ok, i'll update it in a minute
* gregjansen joins14:41
* ermadmix leaves14:43
<awoods>bbl - lunch14:46
* github-ff joins14:49
[fcrepo4] cbeer created fix-binary-property-rdf (+1 new commit): http://git.io/lDLAqQ
fcrepo4/fix-binary-property-rdf 4e10a7d Chris Beer: update PropertyRdfContext serialization to include all BINARY properties, except BINARY properties that are jcr:data (which should be retrieved as streams, not serialized in the graph)
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:51
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #146: update PropertyRdfContext serialization to include all BINARY properties... (master...fix-binary-property-rdf) http://git.io/0hCIgQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Fixed by https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/146" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350214:52
Chris Beer finished "Custom literal BINARY properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350214:54
Chris Beer finished "Review/Modify Async Storage API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59855470
* ermadmix joins14:56
* nbanks leaves14:59
* travis-ci joins15:02
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1148 (fix-binary-property-rdf - 4e10a7d : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/4e10a7d27ef9
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13875632
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>mikeAtUVa: here's the JCR versioning spec: http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/15_Versioning.html15:03
basically, to get JCR versioning, you have to do a couple things we're not doing right now.
the first is to checkout a node before changing it15:04
using session.getWorkspace().getVersionManager().checkout(absPath) (or something like that)
and then, after saving it, check it back in (which actually creates the version)
using session.getWorkspace().getVersionManager().checkin(absPath) (or something like that)
(and, you can only check it back in after you save the session)15:05
<mikeAtUVa>Alright... sounds like you've played with it a bit.15:06
<cbeer>we're calling session.save() in -http-api right now (for a variety of reasons.. mostly that we're lazy and didn't want to spend a lot of time wrapping all of JCR just to get work done)
so you'd have to do all this versioning in -http-api
all that bookkeeping starts to get nasty, though.15:07
i also don't know how you'd create the initial version (i guess you'd have to save the session and do an immediate checkpoint and hope you don't get any race conditions?)
after you do that, i have no idea what the versioned node even looks like. presumably it's actually useful.15:08
<mikeAtUVa>To what extent should versioning calls be customizable?
<cbeer>the JCR docs talk about subtree versioning
for a first pass, i'd vote always version stuff (and we might not have a choice about it, even.)15:09
* nbanks joins15:10
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: how finalized is the API here: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/REST+API#RESTAPI-Versioning15:11
<cbeer>i think the first 3 are implemented.15:12
but who knows if the response is actually useful.
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: and that one ticket you have open in Pivotal Tracker, should I take that one and make others as needed?15:14
<cbeer>sounds good
<mikeAtUVa>cbeer: cool. Thanks for the run-down. Let me know if there's anything else you think I should know.15:15
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #406: SUCCESS in 1 min 20 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/406/15:17
* nbanks leaves15:21
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "Andrew-15:25
The update method just lets any IOExceptions (from either the try block or from the finally block)...." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58845340
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #618: STILL FAILING in 8 min 5 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/618/
* ermadmix leaves15:30
* ermadmix joins15:32
* nbanks joins15:38
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've added the Yale and SCC/Karlsruhe results comparing F3 with F4 (100 objects with 50MB datastreams). The..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055694815:44
* github-ff joins15:48
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed sparql from cf9fbff to 31e2928: http://git.io/Rl-hQw
fcrepo4/sparql 51b5d43 Chris Beer: Implement basic SPARQL-based administrative search
fcrepo4/sparql 31e2928 Chris Beer: properties have to be explicitly given for modeshape to index them.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:55
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed sparql from 31e2928 to 0101ae9: http://git.io/Rl-hQw
fcrepo4/sparql 29930f3 Chris Beer: properties have to be explicitly given for modeshape to index them.
fcrepo4/sparql 0101ae9 Chris Beer: Implement basic SPARQL-based administrative search
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks leaves15:57
* travis-ci joins16:01
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1150 (sparql - 31e2928 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/cf9fbffce051...31e2928ed80e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13878206
* travis-ci leaves
* nbanks joins
* ermadmix leaves16:06
* travis-ci joins16:07
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1151 (sparql - 0101ae9 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/31e2928ed80e...0101ae9cf239
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13878494
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin edited "Simple Versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5961426816:12
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #407: SUCCESS in 1 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/407/
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #185: UNSTABLE in 5 min 23 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/185/16:16
* ermadmix joins16:20
<fasseg>im off for tonight...see you guys tomorrow!16:23
* fasseg leaves
<nbanks>fasseg: later16:29
* nbanks leaves16:36
* nbanks_ joins
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #408: SUCCESS in 2 min 12 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/408/16:40
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #619: STILL FAILING in 9 min 28 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/619/16:49
Yippie, build fixed!16:50
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #186: FIXED in 11 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/186/
* gregjansen leaves16:59
* osmandin leaves17:03
* github-ff joins17:47
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to jersey2: http://git.io/a_RVrw
fcrepo4/jersey2 606fc61 Benjamin Armintor: Ignore the HtmlResponses tests until permgen issue is solved; specify exception mappers
* github-ff leaves
<nbanks_>Are we guaranteed to have only fedora nodes, in a fedora workspace?17:57
I've found the bit of logic responsible for the missing JMS messages, it seems we are checking if objects are valid fedora objects or datastreams to filter irrelevant messages. We can't really do that when the object no longer exists, so I was thinking of checking the message if the object belonged to a known fedora workspace.17:59
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1152 (jersey2 - 606fc61 : Benjamin Armintor): The build is still failing.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3d133a6bab47...606fc612e7a9
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13884017
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>nbanks_: no, i don't think we want to guarantee that.18:10
<nbanks_>cbeer: well that leaves me between a rock and a hard place… I'm kinda out of other idea's other than to just let any remove node message though.18:11
<cbeer>why filter delete messages at all18:12
?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #409: SUCCESS in 1 min 10 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/409/18:13
<nbanks_>cbeerk: I'm not sure, it seems we filter messages that go on the fedora specific event bus to only those messages which are about a fedora object or datastream.18:14
cbeer: So the filter assumes nodes of other types may exist.
cbeer: if no one has a problem I'll just let the delete messages though, I'm sure they're all very nice messages with no harmful intentions.18:19
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #620: STILL FAILING in 6 min 33 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/620/
* ksclarke leaves18:27
* nbanks_ leaves18:35
* escowles leaves18:48
* nbanks joins18:51
* nbanks leaves18:53
* mikeAtUVa leaves19:05
* nbanks joins19:06
* nbanks leaves19:12
* ermadmix leaves19:34
* ermadmix joins19:44
* ermadmix leaves20:49
* ksclarke joins21:21
* github-ff joins21:23
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed sparql from 0101ae9 to 6702f59: http://git.io/Rl-hQw
fcrepo4/sparql d95771c Chris Beer: Implement basic SPARQL-based administrative search
fcrepo4/sparql 6702f59 Chris Beer: wire in a sparql search form.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:24
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #147: SPARQL endpoint (master...sparql) http://git.io/Kdwxrg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Custom literal BINARY properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350221:33
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted fix-binary-property-rdf at 4e10a7d: http://git.io/1eHz-Q
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins21:35
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1153 (sparql - 6702f59 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/0101ae9cf239...6702f59e9e06
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13892782
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins21:44
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1155 (master - 3688fd9 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/29a15afe319a...3688fd9c06c3
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13893055
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #410: SUCCESS in 3 min 36 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/410/21:59
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Custom literal BINARY properties seem to get lost between sessions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6061350222:06
* ermadmix joins22:12
* ermadmix leaves22:44
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #411: SUCCESS in 3 min 25 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/411/22:56
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #621: STILL FAILING in 9 min 37 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/621/23:05
* ermadmix joins23:10
* ermadmix leaves23:42
* ermadmix joins23:45
* kaarefc joins00:19
* kaarefc leaves00:48
* ermadmix leaves00:49
* kaarefc joins01:00
* kaarefc leaves01:42
* ermadmix joins01:55
* kaarefc joins02:07
* kaarefc leaves02:08
* ksclarke leaves02:25
* ermadmix leaves02:28
* ermadmix joins03:21
* ermadmix leaves03:54
* ermadmix joins04:30
* ermadmix leaves05:02
* ermadmix joins05:22
* ermadmix leaves05:55
* ermadmix joins06:28
* fasseg joins07:26
* ermadmix leaves07:32
* ermadmix joins08:11
* mikeAtUVa joins08:38
* ermadmix leaves08:43
* ermadmix joins08:49
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin added comment: "Initially it doesn't look like changes will have to be made to fcrepo-kernel, but instead to modeshape. Per..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059308609:06
Mike Durbin unstarted "Ensure that fcrepo4 doesn't iterate over all children of a node unless it has to." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60593086
Mike Durbin edited "Ensure that fcrepo4 doesn't iterate over all children of a node unless it has to." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60593086
Mike Durbin added comment: "This is mostly complete but requires efficiency improvements in modeshape to work well with fcrepo4." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6059534809:09
Mike Durbin unstarted "Introduce paging to a fedora 3 federation connector." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60595348
* dunix joins
<pivotal-bot>Mike Durbin edited "Introduce paging to a fedora 3 federation connector." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60595348
* ermadmix leaves09:41
* osmandin joins09:46
* ermadmix joins
* ksclarke joins10:02
* dunix leaves10:17
* nbanks joins10:23
* escowles joins10:25
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "FedoraBackupFSIT failure on MacOSX" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5799756410:41
<cbeer>awoods: re: those pull requests, do you really want pivotal chores for those things?10:46
(and servicing technical debt shouldn't count toward velocity.)10:47
<awoods>cbeer: It is helpful for tracking velocity (if they are tagged as "features"). But if the overhead out-weighs the benefit, no problem.
<cbeer>then, yes, i'd argue that for both of them. the test changes are accounted for somewhere in that lovely 8-point, multi-week ticket.10:48
<awoods>cbeer: sounds reasonable. No ticket(s) required. I was also making sure there was not a ticket I should be also looking at.
cbeer: what is your feeling? ticket? no ticket?10:49
<cbeer>no ticket, ship it.10:50
certainly doesn't advanced any stories.
<awoods>ok
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@escowles, this issue came up for me when I was testing the indexer functionality and things were not worki..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5884534010:51
Andrew Woods added comment: "That is great, @escowles. It is just this sort of discrepancy that we need to shed light upon." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055694810:53
Esme Cowles added comment: "I repeated the tests locally yesterday afternoon and this morning, and got very different results depending ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6055694810:56
Mike Durbin edited "Simple Versioning" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5961426810:59
<barmintor>on my way, on my way11:01
<osmandin>conference call ..having issues logging in11:02
<awoods>standup11:03
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer unstarted "FedoraBackupFSIT failure on MacOSX" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5799756411:04
<awoods>escowles??
<escowles>awoods: yes?
<awoods>standup
<escowles>be right there11:05
<awoods>escowles: We are patiently waiting11:06
<escowles>i'm going to be 2 mins
<barmintor>he session with an ID of '5ac13ee0f' has been closed and can no longer be used.11:07
<cbeer>barmintor: +1. i banged my head against the same sorts of errors yesterday too.11:09
barmintor: re: auto-logout, i'm not sure where in the lifecycle those happen, but some of the streaming impls want to keep the session around until after we're done streaming.11:11
<barmintor>cbeer: ok, so maybe not so clear :)11:12
<cbeer>it may just do the right thing.
awoods: today's also full of a couple internal meetings.11:14
"do everything."11:15
* escowles leaves11:36
* escowles joins11:37
<awoods>barmintor: re: auto-closing of sessions and the iterators, I believe the only existing examples of where that is being delayed can be found here:11:48
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-api/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/http/api/FedoraVersions.java#L109
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-api/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/http/api/FedoraVersions.java#L181
<cbeer>awoods: and in the SPARQL pull request.11:50
<awoods>barmintor: and in the SPARQL pull request. ;)11:51
<barmintor>Oh, I hate you propagate(Exception e)12:18
ROFL12:25
what did Greg introduce into the project
that Eclipse just auto-generated "@author Gregory Jansen"12:26
<nbanks>Anyone have problems with *not* sending out any jms property events (add/remove/change) whatsoever?12:31
How about a new event? Node changed instead?12:32
* github-ff joins12:43
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/yxUCHg
fcrepo4/master 9d8e80d Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #145 from futures/logging-changes...
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>nbanks: there are no node changed events, are there?12:44
<nbanks>not as part of jcr, there are three separate events for "add" "change" "remove".12:45
Condensing them into one might be useful? But then we still have to handle other things that the code seems to be currently ignoring. Like should we ignore property events on objects that were just created.12:46
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer estimated "Improve the HTML rendering of the fedora 4 rest API to make it more welcoming to new users" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5905659612:59
Chris Beer started "Improve the HTML rendering of the fedora 4 rest API to make it more welcoming to new users" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59056596
* travis-ci joins13:02
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1156 (master - 9d8e80d : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3688fd9c06c3...9d8e80d5d2b6
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13925614
* travis-ci leaves
* ermadmix leaves13:07
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #412: SUCCESS in 2 min 1 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/412/13:12
<osmandin>AFK13:17
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #622: STILL FAILING in 5 min 32 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/622/13:18
* nbanks leaves13:21
* ermadmix joins13:26
<awoods>bbi ~1hr13:41
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Simple Administrative Search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6071379613:48
Chris Beer started "Simple Administrative Search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60713796
Chris Beer added "Create design document for simple admin search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6071383813:49
Chris Beer started "Create design document for simple admin search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60713838
Chris Beer finished "Create design document for simple admin search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60713838
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/147" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60713796
Chris Beer edited "Simple Administrative Search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/6071379613:50
Chris Beer finished "Simple Administrative Search" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60713796
* github-ff joins13:54
[fcrepo4] cbeer created html-ui (+1 new commit): http://git.io/avbKnQ
fcrepo4/html-ui 5b1c0c7 Chris Beer: Improve HTML UI to de-emphasize inlined resources and property 'noise'. Fixes #59056596
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "See https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/148" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59056596
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #148: Improve HTML UI to de-emphasize inlined resources and property 'noise'. ... (master...html-ui) http://git.io/Iu572A
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer finished "Improve the HTML rendering of the fedora 4 rest API to make it more welcoming to new users" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5905659613:55
* ermadmix leaves14:02
* ermadmix joins14:03
* nbanks joins14:05
* travis-ci joins14:07
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1157 (html-ui - 5b1c0c7 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/5b1c0c74dda0
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13928864
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #413: SUCCESS in 1 min 38 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/413/14:18
* github-ff joins14:19
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed rdf-test-cleanup from ae52cb6 to 2ec2c20: http://git.io/f1h0ug
fcrepo4/rdf-test-cleanup 2ec2c20 Chris Beer: Update tests that extract RDF graphs from responses to:...
* github-ff leaves
<osmandin>AFK14:20
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #623: NOW UNSTABLE in 3 min 55 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/623/14:22
<barmintor>Ugh. This is one of those times I feel like framework people never actually wrote an app
* ermadmix leaves14:39
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #414: SUCCESS in 1 min 32 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/414/
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #624: FAILURE in 4 min 11 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/624/14:44
* ermadmix joins14:45
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "Rename fcr:pid to something non-PIDy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5109804914:52
Chris Beer added comment: "Updated https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/REST+API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5109804914:53
* github-ff joins15:02
[fcrepo4] cbeer created pid-identifier (+1 new commit): http://git.io/JhlUJA
fcrepo4/pid-identifier 00c48f5 Chris Beer: rename the REST endpoint fcr:pid to fcr:identifier (fixes #51098049)
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/149" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51098049
Chris Beer finished "Rename fcr:pid to something non-PIDy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51098049
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #149: rename the REST endpoint fcr:pid to fcr:identifier (fixes #51098049) (master...pid-identifier) http://git.io/p6DAfw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer deleted "keep below" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4608787915:04
* travis-ci joins15:18
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1160 (pid-identifier - 00c48f5 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/00c48f51131a
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13931988
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #415: SUCCESS in 1 min 25 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/415/15:25
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #625: STILL FAILING in 4 min 1 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/625/15:30
* ermadmix leaves15:32
* escowles leaves15:37
* escowles joins15:45
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #143: Update tests that extract RDF graphs from responses to: (master...rdf-test-cleanup) http://git.io/aDh7RA
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1363: FAILURE in 3 min 7 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1363/15:48
Chris Beer: Update tests that extract RDF graphs from responses to:
<awoods>cbeer: I will fix the compilation error.15:52
* travis-ci joins15:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1162 (master - c8869a8 : Andrew Woods): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/9d8e80d5d2b6...c8869a8037ac
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13934150
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>osmandin: Just curious, are you testing the hierarchy role scenarios in addition to writing up the description of behavior?
<osmandin>awoods: I'm just testing for now15:55
<awoods>osmandin: I am glad you are actually exercising the authZ work. It is valuable to get another set of eyes on the usability/functionality there.15:56
<osmandin>great. thanks.15:57
* github-ff joins16:03
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/vi136Q
fcrepo4/master 1abe16a Andrew Woods: Minor fix for compilation error.
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins16:17
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1163 (master - 1abe16a : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/c8869a8037ac...1abe16a191dd
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13934970
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!16:22
Project fcrepo4 build #1364: FIXED in 18 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1364/
awoods: Minor fix for compilation error.
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles started "FileSerializer swallows exception" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5884534016:23
Esme Cowles started "Single-node F3 Ingest Benchmarks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60557024
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #416: SUCCESS in 1 min 36 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/416/16:24
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "Adding benchmarking results directly comparing F3 and F4 on local hardware under various conditions: ""16:25
https:..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60556948
Esme Cowles added comment: "Adding benchmarking results directly comparing F3 and F4 on local hardware under various conditions: ""16:26
https:..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/60557024
* github-ff joins16:27
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] escowles created file-permissions-bugfix (+1 new commit): http://git.io/59kG5w
fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/file-permissions-bugfix b1ddd17 Esmé Cowles: Adding logging for IOExceptions in FileSerializer...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] escowles opened pull request #12: Adding logging for IOExceptions in FileSerializer (master...file-permissions-bugfix) http://git.io/PUT1QQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Esme Cowles added comment: "I see what you mean -- I think the exception was being thrown, but the test wasn't doing anything with it. ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5884534016:28
Esme Cowles finished "FileSerializer swallows exception" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58845340
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #626: STILL FAILING in 5 min 50 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/626/16:30
* github-ff joins16:40
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed html-ui from 5b1c0c7 to 254ac3a: http://git.io/gHQ14w
fcrepo4/html-ui 254ac3a Chris Beer: Improve HTML UI to de-emphasize inlined resources and property 'noise'. Fixes #59056596
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "After fixing the merge-conflicts from a "rebase master", I am getting test failures. Maybe I should test th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5109804916:46
<cbeer>awoods: what test failures?16:48
<awoods>in fcrepo-http-api... but I have moved on.16:49
cbeer: I pulled down PR-149, did a rebase master, and then things came off the tracks.16:50
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed html-ui from 254ac3a to 24e2d80: http://git.io/gHQ14w
fcrepo4/html-ui 24e2d80 Chris Beer: Improve HTML UI to de-emphasize inlined resources and property 'noise'. Fixes #59056596
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>ok. let me take a look. that PR should be pretty uncontroversial.16:51
* github-ff joins16:52
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed pid-identifier from 00c48f5 to d988782: http://git.io/yEdbew
fcrepo4/pid-identifier d988782 Chris Beer: rename the REST endpoint fcr:pid to fcr:identifier (fixes #51098049)
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>i've pushed the rebase.. still running tests locally, but have to go to a meeting.
<awoods>cbeer: sure16:53
<cbeer>ah, parallel builds are so much faster.
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1164 (html-ui - 254ac3a : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/5b1c0c74dda0...254ac3ab8cf9
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13936886
* travis-ci leaves
<awoods>cbeer: looks like you pushed a rebase to PR-148
cbeer: PR-149 was the one giving trouble.16:54
<cbeer>i've pushed rebases to both.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "@md, would you please pull down pr-148, and comment on if you feel like the new UI addresses the concern of..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5905659616:57
<cbeer>awoods: 149 passes for me locally.. the rebase was a little tricky, maybe something went wrong there.16:58
<awoods>cbeer: could be, I pulled down fresh and am rebuilding.16:59
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #417: SUCCESS in 1 min 7 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/417/
<escowles>awoods: i'm re-running my ingest tests with leveldb instead of file storage, and it's much slower like the "single" profile was17:00
<awoods>escowles: I wonder why we thought LevelDB was faster.17:01
<escowles>i'm not sure -- maybe it is for smaller files (the tests use 50MB datastreams)
i also did an initial test of a larger ingest (25k objects with 100KB datastreams), using the minimal profile, and didn't see any big bottlenecks around 20K like i did before17:02
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #195: UNSTABLE in 6 min 54 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/195/17:05
<awoods>escowles: re: no slow downs with increased items - that is good news. As for LevelDB, it will be interesting to tease out in which cases LevelDB is faster (cbeer may have a recollection). In any case, the "file" config is slightly more in line with the "human-readable storage" requirement.17:07
<cbeer>it's also very possible the ISPN file storage has been made faster since the spring.17:10
* travis-ci joins17:11
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1166 (pid-identifier - d988782 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/00c48f51131a...d988782c0a90
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13937603
* travis-ci leaves
<escowles>alas, the 25k F3/F4 comparison isn't going as well -- F4 slowly increases time for each batch of 1k records, but F3 is actually trending down a bit for each batch17:15
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "Rename fcr:pid to something non-PIDy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5109804917:16
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/gkjfdg
fcrepo4/master 234b9ef Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #149 from futures/pid-identifier...
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>escowles: and are these create-only tests?
<escowles>cbeer: yes, just ingesting 1000 objects with one 100KB datastream each17:17
<cbeer>ok. i think we noticed fcr3 edits are very slow
and maybe there's where the file store falls apart too
<escowles>could be -- i'll retry with leveldb tomorrow17:18
* osmandin leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #418: SUCCESS in 1 min 52 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/418/17:26
* travis-ci joins17:31
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1167 (master - 234b9ef : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/1abe16a191dd...234b9ef3207e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13939156
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #419: SUCCESS in 2 min 0 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/419/17:56
Yippie, build fixed!18:04
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #197: FIXED in 9 min 45 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/197/
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods delivered "FileSerializer swallows exception" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5884534018:05
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/mlzDWA
fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/master 136b46b Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #12 from futures/file-permissions-bugfix...
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #627: STILL FAILING in 9 min 19 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/627/
* travis-ci joins18:15
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable#30 (master - 136b46b : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/compare/fb27ec696862...136b46bbd955
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/builds/13941384
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins18:23
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed html-ui from 24e2d80 to 8e5756e: http://git.io/gHQ14w
fcrepo4/html-ui 8e5756e Chris Beer: Improve HTML UI to de-emphasize inlined resources and property 'noise'. Fixes #59056596
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer accepted "Rename fcr:pid to something non-PIDy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51098049
* ksclarke leaves18:29
* travis-ci joins18:35
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1168 (html-ui - 8e5756e : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/24e2d80e5b34...8e5756e40622
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13942096
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #420: SUCCESS in 1 min 8 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/420/18:44
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #628: STILL FAILING in 3 min 27 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/628/18:48
* fcrepo-bot joins18:58
<cbeer>barmintor: ping?19:37
<barmintor>cbeer: coming down to the wire. what's up?19:38
<cbeer>barmintor: re: sparql + dc for https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/147
we had defined the dc namespace as /terms/
i wonder if we should have done it as /elements/1.1
and done a dcterms for /terms/
or.. if we should just go with terms and assume people will obey the DC-defined domains and ranges
<barmintor>Urk. This is a hard question.19:39
<cbeer>elements/1.1 is nice and simple
and is probably what people actually want to use
<barmintor>we could put dces and dcterms as two different mixins, and have the latter mix the former in19:40
<cbeer>but most of the dcterms probably are ok as-is
sure. that makes sense. no reason not to provide both, i guess
thanks
<barmintor>cbeer: I think the question is do you want people to be able to distinguish dces:title from dcterms:title19:41
(for example)
* cbeer waves hands about sameAs
<barmintor>yeah, yeah
this is my point: we *could* say the dc:elements mixin is really the sameAs things in dc:temrs19:42
but use the terms namespace for all of them
<cbeer>the acceptable ranges conflict on some of the DCES terms
<barmintor>which is like forced sameAs
<cbeer>e.g. dcterms:type must be a Class
<barmintor>yeah, I guess we would be saying "shut up and just use dcterms"19:43
<cbeer>i'll just supply both. it's just extra typing.. and maybe some marginal index performance hit
<barmintor>ok, glad I could make some extra work for you :)19:44
<cbeer>it's only fair.
<barmintor>Heading home, still not having ferreted out whatever is closing those sessions19:45
I did figure out the other problem with transactions, at least
(I kind of hate the Jersey developers now)
<awoods>barmintor: be nice19:47
<cbeer>grr. now i'll have to rework the sparql stuff to play nice with URI values pointing at fcrepo4 resources too19:49
maybe DCES is good enough. awoods?19:51
(mainly all these stupid classes and or just a Literal are making my cringe.)19:52
<awoods>cbeer: I wish I could be more help.19:53
* fasseg leaves19:57
* nbanks leaves20:11
* ksclarke joins20:44
* fcrepo-bot leaves20:46
* github-ff joins20:52
[fcrepo4] cbeer force-pushed sparql from 6702f59 to 13faf53: http://git.io/Rl-hQw
fcrepo4/sparql 0ed88ba Chris Beer: define all the Dublin Core elements as pre-defined properties, and use the dc/elements/1.1 namespace instead of dcterms.
fcrepo4/sparql 88a5c13 Chris Beer: Implement basic SPARQL-based administrative search
fcrepo4/sparql 13faf53 Chris Beer: wire in a sparql search form.
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins21:04
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1169 (sparql - 13faf53 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/6702f59e9e06...13faf530bf0b
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/13947567
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #421: SUCCESS in 3 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/421/21:23
* jonathangee leaves21:34
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #629: STILL FAILING in 11 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/629/
* nbanks joins22:03
* nbanks leaves22:04
* nbanks joins22:14
* nbanks leaves22:57