Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins04:49
* gregjansen leaves08:17
* ajs6f joins08:46
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka added "Inject resource path in JAX-RS resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923213409:04
* ksclarke joins09:15
* ajs6f leaves09:26
* fasseg joins09:27
* awoods joins09:31
* gregjansen joins09:32
* osmandin joins09:41
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "serializing NodeTypes as RDFS" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5372244909:44
Andrew Woods edited "serializing NodeTypes as RDFS" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5372244909:45
Andrew Woods edited "serializing NodeTypes as RDFS" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/53722449
Andrew Woods edited "turn mixin membership into rdf:type assertions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5380496109:46
Andrew Woods edited "turn mixin membership into rdf:type assertions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/53804961
Andrew Woods deleted 6 stories https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062864570628365706279657062628570627025706267409:47
Andrew Woods edited "Intermittent test errors: AtomJMSIT " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5872651209:49
Andrew Woods edited "Intermittent test errors: AtomJMSIT " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58726512
Andrew Woods edited "Analyze SCAPE Report" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5850997809:50
Frank Asseg added comment: "It seems there is the possibility to add compression to jgroups: http://www.jgroups.org/manual-3.x/html/prot..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905409:57
Andrew Woods edited "Enable networking compression in infinispan" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905409:58
Andrew Woods edited "Enable networking compression in infinispan" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59119054
* osmandin leaves10:00
* ajs6f joins10:02
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka finished "Refactor RDF generation in kernel" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5730442610:03
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added "Refactor fcrepo-http-api to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923655410:04
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Refactor clients of fcrepo-kernel to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923655410:07
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Improve the HTML rendering of the fedora 4 rest API to make it more welcoming to new users" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5905659610:08
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Inject JCR resource path in JAX-RS resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923213410:09
Andrew Woods edited "Refactor clients of fcrepo-kernel to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923655410:10
Andrew Woods edited "Refactor clients of fcrepo-kernel to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59236554
Andrew Woods edited "Create integration tests for Fedora objects with ACLs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59162556
Andrew Woods edited "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5881493010:13
Andrew Woods edited "Continue cleaning out unneeded static methods in JCR-Fedora contracts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58814930
Andrew Woods deleted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraNodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062742
Andrew Woods edited "Confirm that the Doxygen documentation still gets created correctly " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5850704610:14
Andrew Woods added "Islandora integration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923764010:15
Andrew Woods edited "Expand Triplestore documentation with Mulgara setup instructions, query examples" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5819390210:16
Andrew Woods edited "Javadoc Package Documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5495224410:17
* ajs6f1 joins
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Javadoc Package Documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5495224410:19
* ajs6f leaves
<cbeer>awoods: is the sprint planning call today?10:27
<ajs6f1>11Am Eastern. Google Hangout.
<awoods>cbeer: Indeed it is.
<ajs6f1>Be there and be square!
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Reconcile access roles rest endpoints with resource graphs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58263430
<cbeer>awoods, ajs6f1: too bad. the hydra/rdf thing is a conflict for me, both today and tomorrow.10:28
<ajs6f1>Take good notes so we can make use cases out of them.
<awoods>cbeer: will you be free at some point today?
<cbeer>ajs6f1: s/take/make someone else take/
awoods: nope. we're going until late today.10:29
<ajs6f1>cbeer: Works for me. As long as you get a chance for a nice glass of beer.
<awoods>cbeer: So you will be joining the sprint on Wed?
<barmintor>awoods: please make sure sprater can review code in the duraspace/fcrepo github repository when you have a chance
<cbeer>awoods: should be.
<awoods>barmintor: will do
<barmintor>thanks
<cbeer>ajs6f1: i think one thing I heard yesterday, and might factor into your RDF work..10:30
<awoods>cbeer: We can plan after the Wed standup.
<ajs6f1>cbeer: ?
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added "Review F3 Patch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906810:31
<cbeer>ajs6f1: people want to use URIs to reference stuff on the external web.. and want to be able to index human-readable labels (from dc:title, rdfs:label, or wheverer…) or metadata (e.g. geonames hierarchy data)
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Review F3 Patch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59239068
<cbeer>ajs6f1: but they also want the repository to maybe mediate, cache or store that data for performance, or in case the third-party goes away
<ajs6f1>cbeer: The first they can do now, right? The second, I want to do that too, but I don't know that it's Fedora's job. That sounds like a job for Apache Stanbol.
cbeer: Then that _definitely_ is a job for Apache Stanbol.10:32
<cbeer>ajs6f1: excellent.
my kind of problem
ajs6f1: then, the hydra community would like to see an fcrepo4/stanbol integration
<ajs6f1>cbeer: That is the exact purpose for which Stanbol provides its thoroughly well-tested and performant EntityHub component.
cbeer: Backed by your choice of triple stores, or if you don't need that level of power, simply by Solr.10:33
I use it _now_ for managing LC vocabs, GeoNames info, other stuff.
The shutdown didn't stop any of the workflows involved.
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen started "Create a Java PEP implementation for enforcement of simple ACL" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56160494
* mikeAtUVa joins10:34
<awoods>cbeer/ajs6f1: I can see this as an increased priority in the face of the govt shutdown.
<ajs6f1>cbeer: Indeed, a Stanbol/fcrepo4 integration could be quite fun. Sounds like a good OR project.
DIBS!
awoods: It's okay. That will _never_ happen again.
<pivotal-bot_____>Benjamin Armintor added comment: "I looked at the existing Akubra implementations, and it appeared to be the case that they implemented ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906810:35
<awoods>gregjansen: Could you please comb/update/remove tickets from the icebox in the section: "AuthN/Z"?
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "I know for sure that our local specialized Akubra impl does BlobStore, not LLS." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906810:36
<barmintor>awoods: I also finally booked my ticket for Austin. flying in the morning of the 3rd.10:37
<awoods>fasseg: Could you please update/remove the three tickets from the icebox that are assigned to you in the section: "Postponed"?10:38
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added "Do awesome Stanbol EntityHub vs. Fedora integration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59239646
<fasseg>awoods: kk
<gregjansen>awoods: yes to combing tickets
<awoods>barmintor: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-11-04+Austin10:39
<ajs6f1>barmintor: Have you made special arrangements for transporting the beer? Or are you just going to take a couple of extra checked bags?
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "This would make a nice test of whether Fedora can play well in the OSGi framework, since Stanbol ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923964610:40
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: "Combing tickets" sounds like an idiom we should invent.10:41
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg finished "Create new, specific performance enhancement tickets based on the profiling investigation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51567861
* tecoripa joins
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg added comment: "It seems the problem is gone. I am able to ingest a large 50g without this exception" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52981805
Frank Asseg accepted "Large scale ingests fail on the SCC cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5298180510:42
<barmintor>ajs6f1: I'm going to bring an extra bag back. Like chicago, the local (and locally available) beer is such that we should drink that.
<ajs6f1>barmintor: Excellent. {steeples fingers}
<barmintor>ajs6f1: I am going to go out to Jester King that Sunday and buy some fancies, some of which I will share.
<gregjansen>ajs6fi, barmintor: brewery tour?10:43
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added "Develop paging mechanism for fcrepo-http-api methods that report RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59240160
Gregory Jansen edited "Check in with ModeShape devs on best practices w/respect to Access Management" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419681610:44
Gregory Jansen edited "Check in with ModeShape devs on plans w/respect to Access Management" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196816
<ajs6f1>barmintor: "Jester King"? Sounds a little dangerous. I've seen booze and jesters mixed, and it's not pretty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9f2rnjB84
<barmintor>gregjansen (and everyone, really): There are a lot fo good food and beer things to do around ATX, but if I had to pick TWO: Jester King's tour/tasting room, and Franklin barbecue.
also, we should eat breakfast tacos every day.
<ajs6f1>Whenever I go to one of these Fedora gigs, I come back five pounds heavier between eating out and cbeer's delicious cooking. And the booze.10:45
<awoods>barmintor: Franklin is only open for lunch, correct?
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Create a XACML implementation to enforce basic access roles." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419683410:46
<barmintor>awoods: Franklin is open until they sell out, which varies but is usually lunch
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "https://community.jboss.org/wiki/PicketBoxXACMLJBossXACML" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419683410:47
<gregjansen>ajs6f1: yes to jboss. underdocumented, but pretty api10:48
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: Better than whatever happened to Sun/Oracle's component.10:49
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Develop paging mechanism for fcrepo-http-api methods that report RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59240160
Gregory Jansen edited "Support callbacks from XACML PDP for arbitrary JCR node properties." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196804
<gregjansen>ajs6f1: yes10:50
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen estimated "Reconcile access roles rest endpoints with resource graphs" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58263430
Gregory Jansen estimated "Support callbacks from XACML PDP for arbitrary JCR node properties." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419680410:51
Andrew Woods edited "Improve the HTML rendering of the fedora 4 rest API to make it more welcoming to new users" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5905659610:52
Andrew Woods edited "Inject JCR resource path in JAX-RS resources" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59232134
<ajs6f1>afk bb for standup10:53
* ajs6f1 leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Develop paging mechanism for fcrepo-http-api methods that report RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924016010:54
Andrew Woods edited "Develop paging mechanism for fcrepo-http-api methods that report RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59240160
* osmandin joins10:56
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Intermittent test errors: AtomJMSIT " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5872651210:57
* ajs6f joins
<gregjansen>hangout isn't working for me11:01
<ajs6f>Want me to call you?
<gregjansen>nm got it11:02
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added "Alter outward-facing contracts in fcrepo-kernel to expose new iterator-based machinery for RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924323611:10
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Alter outward-facing contracts in fcrepo-kernel to expose new iterator-based machinery for RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59243236
<cbeer>is MODE-2061 / https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/987 something we requested?
<ajs6f>cbeer: I think we wanted pluggable hash impls, not a better SHA1.11:11
But maybe this is partly motivated by us?
<barmintor>that doesn't look motivated by us11:12
they're just DRYing out their use of SHA111:13
FSC is still hard-coding SHA111:14
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Brulestion" Soroka added this label to 1 story https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59236554
Scott Prater estimated "Create integration tests for Fedora objects with ACLs" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59162556
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added this label to 1 story https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924016011:15
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added this label to 1 story https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57304426
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added "Alter fcrepo-http-api to take advantage of new iterator-driven RDF machinery." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924401411:16
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Alter fcrepo-http-api to take advantage of new iterator-driven RDF machinery." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59244014
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Refactor clients of fcrepo-kernel (other than fcrepo-http-api) to use iterating RDF generation pattern." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923655411:17
A. "Brulestion" Soroka edited "Alter outward-facing contracts in fcrepo-kernel to expose new iterator-based machinery for RDF." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924323611:18
* jongibson joins11:22
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Create a XACML implementation to enforce basic access roles." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196834
Gregory Jansen edited "Support callbacks from XACML PDP for arbitrary JCR node properties." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419680411:24
Gregory Jansen edited "Create PDP that retrieves policy sets from JCR, referenced via Fedora node hierarchy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419681011:25
Gregory Jansen added this label to 1 story https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419672411:42
Gregory Jansen edited "Document a container configuration for CAS authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419672411:43
Gregory Jansen edited "Document a container configuration for LDAP authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419667411:45
Gregory Jansen edited "Document a container configuration for Shibboleth authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196700
Gregory Jansen added "Document basic roles setup for acceptance test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924701411:47
Gregory Jansen estimated "Document basic roles setup for acceptance test" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924701411:53
Gregory Jansen edited "Create OAuth connection with external provider (e.g. Google)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5448029811:54
Gregory Jansen edited "Create integration tests based on Shibboleth-like authorization principals" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5486508811:56
Gregory Jansen edited "Check in with ModeShape devs on plans w/respect to Access Management" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196816
Gregory Jansen edited "Implement authentication for external message-queue-driven services" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4545803311:57
Gregory Jansen edited "Basic roles: acceptance testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576926811:59
Gregory Jansen edited "Protect the /authorize endpoint in the OAuth way" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5156988712:00
Gregory Jansen edited "Remove OAuth workflows that we don't want to support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51570123
Gregory Jansen edited "Add an OAuth2 service to the REST API's JAX-RS container using Spring Security OAuth2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458249
* github-ff joins12:06
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created CodeCleanup (+1 new commit): http://git.io/eXyhZA
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup 1f7e8ce ajs6f: Static imports where appropriate
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:07
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #118: Static imports where appropriate (master...CodeCleanup) http://git.io/qtrUzA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Basic roles: acceptance testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576926812:10
Gregory Jansen edited "Integrate an XACML engine with a role-based PEP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419683412:11
* github-ff joins12:13
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/CBoW-g
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup 0fe85ef ajs6f: Improved code syntax for constructors to make more clear the use of JcrTools
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen added "Named XACML Policy storage API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59249590
Gregory Jansen added "Fedora API for setting effective policies within tree." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924971412:15
Gregory Jansen estimated "Named XACML Policy storage API" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924959012:16
Gregory Jansen estimated "Fedora API for setting effective policies within tree." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59249714
Gregory Jansen added "Write XACML policies that define and enforce basic roles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924995612:17
Gregory Jansen estimated "Write XACML policies that define and enforce basic roles" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59249956
Gregory Jansen edited "Document basic roles setup for acceptance test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924701412:20
* github-ff joins12:23
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/qohcTw
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup f8ef698 ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:24
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/2A-B2w
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup 16634cd ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:26
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/f8V7ig
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup bf562ae ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Create a simple ACL model that can be persisted on Fedora objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5615984612:30
Gregory Jansen edited "Reconcile access roles rest endpoints with resource graphs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58263430
Gregory Jansen edited "Document basic roles setup for acceptance test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59247014
Gregory Jansen edited "Extend PEP to support enforcement of access policies for search, triplestore, and other future queries." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55053510
Gregory Jansen edited "Move SessionFactory out of fcrepo-http-commons into a new fcrepo-authn module with default impl for HTTP." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4789590112:31
Frank Asseg added "Run OS level performance tests on Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925182812:33
* github-ff joins12:34
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/ocq4rQ
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup 06682db ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Reconcile access roles rest endpoints with resource graphs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5826343012:35
Gregory Jansen added comment: "@ajs6f has a branch where I can see what kind of iteration we need to support." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351012:37
Frank Asseg added "Check how much the "write-behind" setting in infinispan impacts the ingest performance" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925225012:38
Frank Asseg edited "Run OS level performance tests on Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59251828
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "It's RdfStream implements Iterator<Triple>, nothing more complex than that. My guess is that we c..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55053510
* ksclarke leaves12:39
* ksclarke joins
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen started "Create a simple ACL model that can be persisted on Fedora objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5615984612:40
Frank Asseg added "Create fcrepo3 benchmarking result on the Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925256412:41
* ksclarke leaves12:43
* ksclarke joins
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg added "Create fcrepo4 single node benchmarking result on the Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925284012:44
Andrew Woods edited "fcr:fixity bug using the FileSystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5600291612:45
Frank Asseg edited "Create fcrepo4 single node benchmarking result on the Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925284012:46
Frank Asseg added "Create fcrepo4 multi node benchmarking resukt on the Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5925305012:47
Frank Asseg edited "Create fcrepo4 multi node benchmarking result on the Yale cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59253050
<fasseg>osmandin: hope these tickets are clear ... :)12:48
* github-ff joins12:49
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/Rp1a_g
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup d546a4b ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Frank Asseg estimated "Enable networking compression in infinispan" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905412:51
Frank Asseg started "Enable networking compression in infinispan" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5911905412:55
Gregory Jansen edited "Write XACML policies that define and enforce basic roles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5924995612:56
Gregory Jansen edited "Integrate an XACML engine with a role-based PEP" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196834
<ajs6f>awoods: I'll wait to move forward on the RDF stuff for last sprint's stuff to be merged. I'm going to eat lunch anyway.
<awoods>ajs6f: I will have your code reviewed today.
<ajs6f>awoods: Rock on, you rockin' rocker.12:57
<awoods>ajs6f: Will do
* osmandin leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!13:00
Project fcrepo4 build #1195: FIXED in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1195/
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #285: SUCCESS in 1 min 42 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/285/13:02
Project fcrepo-legacy-api build #96: UNSTABLE in 4 min 0 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-legacy-api/96/13:06
* tecoripa leaves13:14
* tecoripa joins
* github-ff joins13:16
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to CodeCleanup: http://git.io/BxUKjA
fcrepo4/CodeCleanup b63c416 ajs6f: More whitespace and static import cleanup
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1196: UNSTABLE in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1196/13:20
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "I would like to see the Fedora Search API go away in favor of the external Solr and Triplestore. I think th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351013:21
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "We had massive discussions about this almost a year ago. The consensus then was that we couldn't ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351013:23
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "I have no idea how a repo-housed mechanism engages with an arbitrary search service to enforce au..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351013:24
<awoods>gregjansen: You may find this interesting from Avalon: http://www.avalonmediasystem.org/blog-post/understanding-avalon-roles-and-permissions
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Obviously the Fedora application will not enforce AuthZ that is taking place within an external search comp..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351013:32
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "The events as now published contain no data other than the id of the resource. Isn't this just a ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351013:34
<cbeer>awoods: did we intentionally remove the POST /rest/fcr:new endpoint?13:36
<awoods>cbeer: You may have.13:37
cbeer: I recall you claiming it to be redundant.13:38
<cbeer>awoods: i don't recall that.
oh, unless it's redundant with POST /rest/ ?
<awoods>cbeer: Do you see who removed it in the git history?
<ajs6f>The equivalent in fcrepo3 used to confuse people a good bit.13:39
<cbeer>awoods: i haven't looked.. i was just poking around the UI before presenting fcr4 to the group here
and the create new node button doesn't work13:40
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #1197: FIXED in 19 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1197/
<cbeer>if it's really gone, i'll fix the UI13:41
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #286: SUCCESS in 1 min 29 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/286/
<awoods>cbeer: It is gone13:42
<cbeer>ok, thanks
* ksclarke leaves13:43
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!13:44
Project fcrepo-legacy-api build #97: FIXED in 3 min 55 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-legacy-api/97/
<awoods>cbeer: There is this somewhat related issue: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55227240
<pivotal-bot_____>bug: Fix upload via web interface for files > ~1GB (unstarted) / owner:
<cbeer>i don't think that's related.
<awoods>cbeer: Only in the sense that the code is nearby.13:45
* github-ff joins13:48
[fcrepo4] cbeer created fix-html-ui (+1 new commit): http://git.io/e-fbig
fcrepo4/fix-html-ui a2012b6 Chris Beer: fix up creating new node form in the HTML UI
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #119: fix up creating new node form in the HTML UI (master...fix-html-ui) http://git.io/_ehYRg
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #541: SUCCESS in 4 min 23 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/541/
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "...and we need to make sure our model supports the integrator-deployer to only showing results that the use..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351014:01
A. "Brulestion" Soroka added comment: "Sure. My claim is that such support is a subset of what already needs to be done to support restr..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351014:02
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1198: UNSTABLE in 16 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1198/14:04
<ajs6f>awoods: I'm not going to load any more onto that cleanup PR, but I am going to do another for fcrepo-http-*, because those are the next modules I'll have to work with, and it'll be too hard for me to prevent myself from cleaning as I go.14:05
<awoods>ajs6f: perfect. I was just about to merge in your other clean-up branch.14:06
<ajs6f>I'll pick up my mop and bucket and move on to the other side of the gym.
* ajs6f leaves14:14
<gregjansen>awoods: thanks for the link, yes that is good food for thought. I will add a link to this from the wiki. Especially interesting are the permissions that are contingent on another property.. i.e. in order to delete in the editor role the item must already be unpublished. (caveat, dunno what delete means exactly, but it is probably either a purge or a property edit, both of which we can enforce)
* ajs6f joins14:24
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "One approach is to index the role assignments (or other ACL type) that are effective for the fedora objec..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351014:25
Gregory Jansen added comment: "FWIW, this ticket still applies to the filtering of children in the graph representations that are part o..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55053510
* github-ff joins14:26
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/iS4byQ
fcrepo4/master 5a8c48d ajs6f: Non-functional whitespace clean-up...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins14:27
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #118: Static imports where appropriate (master...CodeCleanup) http://git.io/qtrUzA
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted CodeCleanup at b63c416: http://git.io/Yy_hkA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods accepted "Create new, specific performance enhancement tickets based on the profiling investigation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5156786114:30
Gregory Jansen edited "Extend PEP to support enforcement of access policies for graph representations. (filtering of child nodes)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351014:37
* jongibson leaves14:39
<pivotal-bot_____>Gregory Jansen edited "Basic roles: acceptance testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55769268
* travis-ci joins14:40
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1035 (master - 5a8c48d : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/f80dfc1a5e2f...5a8c48dec520
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/12840821
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins14:41
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1035 (master - 5a8c48d : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/f80dfc1a5e2f...5a8c48dec520
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/12840821
* travis-ci leaves
* tecoripa1 joins
<pivotal-bot_____>Osman Din started "Intermittent test errors: AtomJMSIT " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5872651214:48
* osmandin joins
* ksclarke joins14:49
* escowles joins15:06
<cbeer>escowles: i'm going to say something about the linked data platform eventually
<ajs6f>cbeer/escowles: Promise them anything. Tell them that Fedora 4 invents Linked Data _for them_, including thing about their content only the most recondite scholars know.15:09
<tecoripa1>ajs6f: can you gimmee some points? https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5836703415:10
<pivotal-bot_____>chore: Investigate CDI framework (started) / owner: Scott Prater
<tecoripa1>gimme two or three for that
<pivotal-bot_____>Scott Prater unstarted "Investigate CDI framework" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5836703415:11
* ajs6f1 joins15:13
tecoripa: only you can estmate it, because you own it
* ajs6f leaves15:14
<tecoripa1>ajs6f1: hmm, it's greyed-out for me -- I thought perhaps because only the requestor could estimate?15:15
<ajs6f1>greyed-out for me too… awoods?
<awoods>ajs6f1/tecoripa1: "chores" have no points15:17
<tecoripa1>ah, okay
<awoods>tecoripa1: sad but true
<tecoripa1>awoods: in other matters... https://github.com/duraspace/fcrepo/compare/3.7.x-checkStore gives me a 404
I only see two duraspace repos in github: dfr and fcrepo-cloudsync15:18
could I get access to the repo Ben is working on, for the fcrepo3 patch?
<barmintor>i fixed fcrepo3 by putting it all in cloudsync!!!
* fasseg leaves
<tecoripa1>barmintor: how's the cluster performance for that?15:19
* jongibson joins15:20
<awoods>tecoripa1: you should be good, now.
<tecoripa1>awoods: beautiful, I see it all now. thanks
* ajs6f1 leaves15:24
<pivotal-bot_____>Scott Prater added comment: "Looking at https://github.com/duraspace/fcrepo/compare/af4d1f6...3.7.x-checkStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906815:30
* ajs6f joins15:43
* ermadmix joins15:48
<escowles>cbeer: multi-tennancy?15:50
<cbeer>escowles: yeah. that's workspaces, right?15:51
<escowles>cbeer: right
<ajs6f>It's like _Three's Company_, with less Jack Ritter.15:52
<gregjansen>multi-tennancy is a priority 2 feature that we've flagged for the core.. There is no wiki page that provides an overview. However, the use case indicates that this need is tied to access controls.. https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Multi-tenancy+Single+Fedora+Instance15:59
any more docs that say what we mean by it?16:00
<escowles>gregjansen: the context today was slightly different: one site having multiple versions of a repo (e.g., dev vs. production)16:01
<gregjansen>escowles: well that's interesting..16:02
<escowles>gregjansen: but the more canonical use case is a service provider hosting multiple repositories with different owners
in both cases, the access control issues are very important, because you don't want actions on one repo to affect the other repos
<gregjansen>escowles: my only concern is that we start using workspaces for other things too, like storage and xacml policies. not necessarily a problem tho16:03
<ajs6f>gregjansen/escowles: That (dev/test/prod) was expressly expressed to us by the MODE folks as a use case for workspaces.16:04
Amongst others.
afk bbs
* ajs6f leaves
<escowles>i wonder if there are any practical limits to the number of workspaces you can have -- if we use them for tennants, dev/test/prod, etc. you could wind up with a lot of them16:05
* ajs6f joins16:07
We'd have to ask the MODE folks about that. I don't think anyone in fcrepo knows much about the impl.16:09
* gregjansen leaves16:26
* gregjansen joins16:27
* github-ff joins16:29
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created CleanupHTTPModules (+2 new commits): http://git.io/B7paVw
fcrepo4/CleanupHTTPModules bfe8ab6 ajs6f: Code cleanup including whitespace adjustment, static imports, and removing unneeded type-safety annotations
fcrepo4/CleanupHTTPModules 999c9cd ajs6f: More static imports, whitespace cleanup, etc.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:30
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #120: Cleanup http modules (master...CleanupHTTPModules) http://git.io/WrCrNA
* github-ff leaves
* kaarefc leaves16:31
* github-ff joins16:39
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to RDFIteration: http://git.io/7aUQtg
fcrepo4/RDFIteration a555f9b ajs6f: Factoring our type-safe iterators through Guavas ForwardingIterator
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James started "fcr:fixity bug using the FileSystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5600291616:42
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!16:46
Project fcrepo4 build #1201: FIXED in 17 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1201/
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #287: SUCCESS in 58 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/287/16:47
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James started "fix modeshape bug preventing correct use of properties in content nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787250616:50
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #64: UNSTABLE in 4 min 55 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/64/16:51
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/97516:55
decided not to use this approach" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872536
Eric James edited "add functionality to use openssl to calculate sha-1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787253616:58
Eric James started "add functionality to use openssl to calculate sha-1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872536
<ajs6f>"See" y'all later.
* ajs6f leaves
* osmandin leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James rejected "add functionality to use openssl to calculate sha-1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787253617:00
* jongibson leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James finished "add functionality to use openssl to calculate sha-1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872536
* jongibson joins17:02
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #288: SUCCESS in 1 min 14 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/288/17:06
<ermadmix>awoods: For some tickets, not sure of how on pivotal to say "submitted but decided not to use, so close this ticket". Not really "finished" not really "rejected", will call it "finished" for now (because "rejected" sounds too harsh.)17:07
<awoods>ermadmix: "Finished" with appropriate description in the body makes sense.17:08
ermadmix: Or rather, add a comment in the "Activity" section.17:09
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James started "add functionality to cache sha1 digest used for binary key" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787259817:10
Eric James finished "add functionality to cache sha1 digest used for binary key" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787259817:12
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector build #65: FIXED in 7 min 14 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/65/
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #542: SUCCESS in 4 min 37 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/542/17:14
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James started "add functionality to use a sha1 created from path string rather than file binary contents" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787261617:15
Eric James finished "add functionality to use a sha1 created from path string rather than file binary contents" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872616
Eric James added comment: "abandoning for now, may revisit asynch checksumming in a different form tweaking modeshape BinaryValue" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787263017:19
Eric James started "add functionality to create sha1 as a jcr:digest property on content node asynchroneously" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787263017:20
Eric James finished "add functionality to create sha1 as a jcr:digest property on content node asynchroneously" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872630
Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/975 - this approach was committed by modeshape separately but is ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787261617:21
Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/975 - abandoned this approach for now17:22
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872598
Eric James added comment: "https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/975 - this approach was committed by modeshape separately but is ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872536
Andrew Woods accepted "add functionality to use openssl to calculate sha-1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5787253617:25
Eric James added comment: "committed - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-2060" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872506
Andrew Woods accepted "add functionality to cache sha1 digest used for binary key" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872598
Eric James delivered "fix modeshape bug preventing correct use of properties in content nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872506
* gregjansen leaves17:27
<pivotal-bot_____>Eric James added comment: "https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Large+Files17:31
" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55813388
Andrew Woods accepted "fix modeshape bug preventing correct use of properties in content nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872506
Andrew Woods accepted "add functionality to use a sha1 created from path string rather than file binary contents" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872616
Andrew Woods accepted "add functionality to create sha1 as a jcr:digest property on content node asynchroneously" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57872630
Andrew Woods added "Upgrade Modeshape Version to: 3.5.0.Final" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928508017:36
Andrew Woods edited "Upgrade Modeshape Version to: 3.5.0.Final" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59285080
Eric James added "change to modeshape URLBinaryValue and FileSystemConnector to have a option for large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928578417:46
Eric James started "change to modeshape URLBinaryValue and FileSystemConnector to have a option for large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59285784
Eric James started "Upgrade Modeshape Version to: 3.5.0.Final" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928508017:51
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to RDFIteration: http://git.io/fmTOUA
fcrepo4/RDFIteration d9f152e Andrew Woods: Minor updates based on review
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "I have included a few minor updates: ""17:52
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/d9f152edb9f330f811f7e791054c..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57304426
* barmintor leaves17:57
* ksclarke leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Scott Prater added comment: "Ben and I discovered two issues so far: SQLRebuilder swallows SQL exceptions, so there's no way anyone wou..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906818:01
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1203: UNSTABLE in 12 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1203/18:03
<pivotal-bot_____>Scott Prater started "Review F3 Patch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906818:04
Scott Prater added "Create wiki page with matrix of basic roles, permissions to test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928733818:09
Scott Prater edited "Create wiki page with matrix of basic roles, permissions to test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5928733818:10
* jongibson leaves18:29
* escowles leaves18:54
* ermadmix leaves18:58
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods edited "Review F3 Patch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5923906818:59
* github-ff joins19:06
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/K23dPA
fcrepo4/master 4efdca8 Andrew Woods: Merge pull request #119 from futures/fix-html-ui...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted fix-html-ui at a2012b6: http://git.io/pimCiA
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!19:22
Project fcrepo4 build #1204: FIXED in 15 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1204/
Chris Beer: fix up creating new node form in the HTML UI
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1037 (master - 4efdca8 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/5a8c48dec520...4efdca81bf07
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/12853500
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #289: SUCCESS in 56 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/289/19:23
* ksclarke joins
* tecoripa1 leaves19:27
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods finished "Create Solr implementation of Indexer interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745323619:28
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #543: SUCCESS in 3 min 44 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/543/
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Pending code review updates." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745323619:29
Scott Prater started "Create wiki page with matrix of basic roles, permissions to test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59287338
Scott Prater added comment: "first draft created." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59287338
* github-ff joins19:46
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to RDFIteration: http://git.io/mbFGmg
fcrepo4/RDFIteration 3767818 ajs6f: Lazy-ifacting Version-based RDF generation
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #1205: UNSTABLE in 11 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1205/19:57
* ermadmix joins20:01
* ermadmix leaves20:33
* ermadmix joins20:50
* ermadmix leaves21:22
* ksclarke leaves21:26
* ksclarke joins21:40
* tecoripa leaves21:46
* ermadmix joins22:09
* ermadmix leaves22:40
* ermadmix joins23:08
* ermadmix leaves23:40
* ermadmix joins00:13
* kaarefc joins00:26
* kaarefc leaves00:29
* kaarefc joins
* ermadmix leaves00:45
* ermadmix joins00:50
* kaarefc leaves01:12
* ermadmix leaves01:22
* ermadmix joins01:26
* ksclarke leaves01:28
* kaarefc joins01:33
* ermadmix leaves01:58
* ermadmix joins02:26
* jonathangee leaves02:48
* ermadmix leaves02:58
* ermadmix joins03:15
* ermadmix leaves03:46
* ermadmix joins03:47
* ermadmix leaves04:19
* fasseg joins04:33
Hola guys!
Has anyone seen this exception before? Im getting this now as soon as I start a second node on the SCC cluster:04:34
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7097159
I guess it comes don to this error message: Error converting "fedora:relations" from String to a Name04:35
* ermadmix joins04:48
* ermadmix leaves05:20
* ermadmix joins05:50
* fasseg leaves05:59
* ermadmix leaves06:22
* ermadmix joins06:46
* ermadmix leaves07:18
* jonathangee joins07:21
* ermadmix joins07:31

Generated by Sualtam