Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:01
<awoods>It looks like the following dependencies are no longer available: org.apache.marmotta:ldpath-core:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT, org.apache.marmotta:ldpath-backend-jena:jar:3.1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.08:48
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added "LD Path dependencies " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5842313808:50
Andrew Woods edited "LD Path dependencies " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58423138
* jongibson_ joins09:16
* jongibson leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Ye Cao added comment: "https://github.com/awoods/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745323609:18
Ye Cao added comment: "please use https://github.com/awoods/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745323609:19
Andrew Woods edited "Investigate CDI framework" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5836703409:23
* ksclarke joins09:27
* ajs6f joins10:16
* github-ff joins10:19
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to MakeMacWork: http://git.io/Ji5QmQ
fcrepo4/MakeMacWork 08f495b ajs6f: Minor code cleanup, reducing compiler warnings
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>awoods; can you take a look at that PR? I'd like to get on to dealing with the refactoring we discussed.10:24
<awoods>ajs6f: sure, I was not sure you were done.
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/115" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835435210:25
A. "Falubrious" Soroka finished "Make build work on Macs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58354352
<awoods>ajs6f: thanks
ajs6f: there appear to be a lot of whitespace updates and import reorderings in that PR10:27
<ajs6f>Yeah, because there were a large number of bad indents and unused imports (throwing compiler warnings).10:28
We have to fix these things sometime. Or the warnings become useless because they're swamped in trivia.
<awoods>ajs6f: you were getting checkstyle warnings?10:29
<ajs6f>Huge numbers.
Still am.
Just fewer.
I don't think we should ever reject whitespace changes out of hand. If they improve readability, they are a positive good.
Especially for new foks.10:30
folks.
<awoods>ajs6f: maybe we should have a ticket for fixing them. Otherwise it makes the review painful... looking for what is a real change and what is just whitespace.
<ajs6f>We should have tickets for a lot of things: code cleanup breaks into a large number of categories. But I don't think you want to invest sprint time in that, so I do it when I can.
<awoods>ajs6f: do you have any interest in giving this a quick look: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5842313810:31
<pivotal-bot_____>bug: LD Path dependencies (unstarted) / owner:
<ajs6f>The Marmotta plroblem? Sure, I can look at that. Is that a higher priority than the refatoring in kernel?
<awoods>ajs6f: my point about whitespace is not to do it in a PR that also has functional changes.
ajs6f: but agreed, it is a good thing to do10:32
<ajs6f>Yeah, I get it. What I'm saying is that I'm not going to (unless you actually want me to) do it at all, except as I'm going through code for other reasons.
So it won't get done and the warnings creep up. I'm not trying to make annoyances.10:33
<awoods>ajs6f: in that case, I would suggest not doing it at all
<ajs6f>Okay.
<awoods>ajs6f: it clutters commits
<ajs6f>vs. cluttered code.
But that's fine with me.
<awoods>ajs6f: the middle ground is doing it in isolation.10:34
<ajs6f>I don't agree that that is going to happen.
It hasn't happened yet.
<awoods>ajs6f: most of what I am seeing here is import reordering, not import removal.
<ajs6f>Sure.
There's a balance to be made here, and it's your job to make it.10:35
If you say "no cleanup in commits", I'm fine with that.
<awoods>thanks, ajs6f.10:36
<ajs6f>Do you want me to pivot to the Marmotta confusion?
<awoods>ajs6f: yes, unless you have already started with the other refactoring.
<ajs6f>Yeah, but that's one place where git really shines: "git stash".10:37
<awoods>ajs6f: true
<ajs6f>I'll look at the Marmotta versions.
<awoods>ajs6f: great. If you wipe your local maven repo, the build is unable to complete due to not found marmotta dependencies.10:38
<ajs6f>Yeah, I see what's happening… they released and stopped appending "SNAPSHOT".
That's all.
<awoods>simple10:39
<ajs6f>I hope we have those guys in dependency management somwhere. If not, I'm going to put them there.
<awoods>ajs6f: put them where they belong.
<ajs6f>I thikn that's fcrepo-transform/pom.xml, in dependecyManagement.
Because I don't think we use LDPath anywhere else. It might move to kernel at some point, if we think the functionality is that awesome.10:40
<awoods>sure
<ajs6f>You want a PR for this?
I assume?10:41
<awoods>did you test it?
<ajs6f>I'm still doing it.
If it test okay, should I just push to master for expediency?10:42
<awoods>if it is just a pom change and it works locally, you can push it directly to master.
<ajs6f>k
<awoods>ajs6f: thanks
<ajs6f>Test will take a bit, because I have to dump the Maven repo and rebuild, and I don't want to do that unless I'm plugged in. Maybe twenty minutes until then.10:43
I wonder why we're using the jena-backend dependency…
cbeer: do we need that to work with Models or something like that?
Could we get away with just the core?10:44
<awoods>ajs6f: sounds like a little testing could shine some light
<ajs6f>Yeah, I reckon so. I can just rip out and see what happens.
good dependency management is good. No dependency is better.
<awoods>exactly10:45
<cbeer>ajs6f: sorry, jumping into the middle of this.. is that the marmotta jena backend whatever?10:52
<ajs6f>Yep.10:53
<cbeer>ajs6f: maybe we don't need it, but i thought that's the magic sauce that let it work with our in-memory jena graphs and whatnot10:54
maybe i'm wrong, maybe they've changed something.
<ajs6f>Okay, I'll take a quick look.
afk bb for standup
* ajs6f leaves
* nbanks joins10:58
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/sQ_erQ
fcrepo4/master 172fe46 ajs6f: Fix fcrepo-http-api integration tests for Mac builds...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: http://git.io/sQ_erQ" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835435210:59
Andrew Woods delivered "Make build work on Macs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58354352
<awoods>ajs6f: standup?11:01
* ajs6f joins11:04
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks edited "Flesh out what needs to be done to complete the rebasing of the Islandora Fedora 4 on top the most recent Islandora ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835485211:05
Nigel Banks started "Flesh out what needs to be done to complete the rebasing of the Islandora Fedora 4 on top the most recent Islandora..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835485211:06
* travis-ci joins11:08
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1005 (master - 172fe46 : ajs6f): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/1d7d0d07962e...172fe46b436f
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/12278068
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Ye Cao finished "Create Solr implementation of Indexer interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5745323611:10
Ye Cao added "create unit test for solr index classes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843611611:18
Ye Cao edited "create unit test for solr index classes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58436116
Ye Cao deleted "create unit test for solr index classes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843611611:19
<ajs6f>cbeer: Looks like you have to deploy some kind of backend for LDpath to work. They don't offer a simple in-memory choice. (I might do that if I get around to it, but that's more work than this ticket entails.) Oh, well.11:30
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods accepted "Make build work on Macs" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835435211:32
* github-ff joins11:34
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/su32tA
fcrepo4/master 3610f6d ajs6f: Updated version of Marmotta LDPath dependencies
* github-ff leaves
* kaarefc joins11:40
<ajs6f>awwods: Looking at https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706286411:45
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraWorkspaces (unstarted) / owner: A. "Falubrious" Soroka
<ajs6f>I just don't see a lot of business logic in the HTTP resources.
Can you point to to something you really don't feel should be there?
I can see some refactoring for clarity/brevity, which I might could do.11:46
* travis-ci joins11:47
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#1006 (master - 3610f6d : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/172fe46b436f...3610f6dc0598
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/12279455
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks added "Have Tuque Unit Tests for the Fedora 3 implementation pass." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58438930
<ajs6f>Actually, ditto for: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062836, which just uses NodeService.
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraVersions (unstarted) / owner: A. "Falubrious" Soroka
Nigel Banks edited "Have Tuque Unit Tests for the Fedora 3 implementation pass." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58438930
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraWorkspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706286411:48
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraVersions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062836
Nigel Banks estimated "Have Tuque Unit Tests for the Fedora 3 implementation pass." as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58438930
Nigel Banks added "Have RepositoryFactory class construct the proper implementation based the given url to Fedora repository." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843922011:50
Nigel Banks edited "Have RepositoryFactory class construct the proper implementation based the given url to Fedora repository." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439220
Nigel Banks added "Write Unit tests for Tuque's API now that the implementation is wrapped by another object." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843934211:51
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraSitemap" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706279611:53
Nigel Banks edited "Write Unit tests for Tuque's API now that the implementation is wrapped by another object." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439342
Nigel Banks edited "Write Unit tests for Tuque's API now that the implementation is wrapped by another object." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439342
<cbeer>ajs6f: right, because they don't really care where your triples come from
<ajs6f>cbeer: Right.
cbeer: We could, as we've talked about, get rid o the Jena dependnency there, but that's a separate issue.11:54
As long as we're worried about business in the JAX-RS, I think those guys are pretty clean.
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks added "Ensure Islandora Unit/Integration Tests pass with Fedora 3." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439650
Nigel Banks edited "Ensure Islandora Unit/Integration Tests pass with Fedora 3." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439650
<cbeer>ajs6f: but we're still dragging in Jena for -kernel, aren't we?
or did we rip that out?11:55
<ajs6f>cbeer: Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean get rid of the Maven dep, I meant just not use it there.
cbeer; We could pass iterators of triples around. That would help people like mikeAtUva do streaming or paging over large collections of stuff.
cbeer: There's https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57304426 for that.11:56
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Refactor RDF generation in kernel (unstarted) / owner: A. "Falubrious" Soroka
Nigel Banks added "Ensure Islandora Basic Collection Unit/Integration Tests to pass for Fedora 3 after rebase. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439838
<cbeer>ah, cool.
<ajs6f>cbeer: Fedora for Fedorans! Down with the Jena oligarchy!11:57
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks edited "Ensure Islandora Basic Collection Unit/Integration Tests to pass for Fedora 3 after rebase. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58439838
* kaarefc leaves11:59
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks added "Confirm that Islandora is functional on a basic level with Fedora 3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58440144
Nigel Banks edited "Confirm that Islandora is functional on a basic level with Fedora 3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58440144
<ajs6f>cbeer/awoods: Looking at https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062796, it looks like there is a certain amount of stuff to be factored out, maybe. There're some queries going on to assemble results. But I'm not sure where to put them. It doesn't make sense to have a SitemapService or the like in kernel. Do we want to produce a CommonlyUsedQueriesService? {grin} Or a (bleh!) a singleton that produces various helpful query results?12:00
<pivotal-bot_____>feature: Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraSitemap (started) / owner: A. "Falubrious" Soroka
<ajs6f>awoods: Time for a Google Hangout? The more I get into these refactoring tickets, the less confident I am that we've got the right end of the stick here. Because cbeer et al. took pains to pass only RDF around, I really don't see that much non-HTTP-related logic in the JAX-RS resources. I think we may need to parse out what we really want a little more.12:04
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks added "Merge Tuque/Islandora/etc modules into the main 7.x branches." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58440604
<awoods>ajs6f: on a call12:05
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks edited "Merge Tuque/Islandora/etc modules into the main 7.x branches." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58440604
<ajs6f>awoods: Are you _ever_ not on a call?
awoods: Ping me when you get off.12:06
* barmintor leaves
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka added comment: "Also, how about tasty vendor-independent interceptors? (e.g. for caching headers and the like)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5220082312:08
Nigel Banks added "Rebase Fedora 4 specific code onto Tuque/Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5844100012:09
Nigel Banks edited "Rebase Fedora 4 specific code onto Tuque/Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58441000
<ajs6f>afk brb
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks added comment: "I'm going to mark this ticket as rejected as it doesn't have much information within it and it doesn't refle..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4835140112:10
Nigel Banks rejected "make islandora work with latest build of fcrepo4. " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48351401
Nigel Banks added "Users can navigate collection hierarchies." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5844128612:12
Nigel Banks edited "Users can navigate collection hierarchies." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58441286
Nigel Banks accepted "Flesh out what needs to be done to complete the rebasing of the Islandora Fedora 4 on top the most recent Islandor..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5835485212:13
Nigel Banks started "Have Tuque Unit Tests for the Fedora 3 implementation pass." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843893012:14
* nbanks leaves12:22
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!12:27
Project fcrepo4 build #1144: FIXED in 43 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/1144/
A. Soroka: Updated version of Marmotta LDPath dependencies
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #269: SUCCESS in 3 min 46 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/269/12:31
<awoods>ajs6f: I have 18min12:42
<ajs6f>awwods: all right, let's at least check in. hangout?12:44
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #529: SUCCESS in 12 min: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/529/12:50
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraExport" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706262812:53
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraImport" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062702
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraIdentifiers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706267412:54
Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: http://git.io/su32tA" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5842313812:55
Andrew Woods accepted "LD Path dependencies " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5842313812:56
<ajs6f>awoods: maybe later this afternoon?13:01
<awoods>ajs6f: I free up at 2pm ET
<ajs6f>k
* github-ff joins13:12
[fcrepo4] awoods closed pull request #115: Make mac work (master...MakeMacWork) http://git.io/83AYMw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:13
[fcrepo4] awoods deleted MakeMacWork at 08f495b: http://git.io/il0dSg
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks joins13:17
* ajs6f leaves13:24
* ajs6f joins13:39
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka added "Improve JAXB classes for Sitemap" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5844996813:42
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #270: SUCCESS in 2 min 50 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/270/13:47
* ajs6f leaves13:56
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #530: SUCCESS in 7 min 13 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/530/13:59
* ajs6f joins14:05
<awoods>ajs6f: are you available?14:07
<ajs6f>See yr email, I'm waiting for you in the hangout.
* osmandin joins14:12
<pivotal-bot_____>A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraIdentifiers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706267415:31
A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraImport" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062702
A. "Falubrious" Soroka started "Refactor RDF generation in kernel" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57304426
A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraExport" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5706262815:32
A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraSitemap" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062796
A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraVersions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062836
A. "Falubrious" Soroka unstarted "Refactor HTTP-API: FedoraWorkspaces" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57062864
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins15:43
<pivotal-bot_____>Osman Din added comment: "Set up CentOS workstation cluster. Placed SSH access request for external community." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5517159216:27
* nbanks leaves16:37
* nbanks joins16:38
* osmandin leaves16:41
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:59
* ajs6f leaves17:01
* nbanks leaves17:14
* nbanks joins17:21
* ksclarke leaves18:38
<pivotal-bot_____>Nigel Banks estimated "Have Tuque Unit Tests for the Fedora 3 implementation pass." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5843893019:08
* nbanks leaves20:05
* ksclarke joins20:20
* nbanks joins21:32
* nbanks leaves21:37
<pivotal-bot_____>Andrew Woods added "Create Solr unit tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5848290822:17
Andrew Woods edited "Create Solr unit tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/58482908
Andrew Woods edited "Create Solr implementation of Indexer interface" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57453236
* nbanks joins22:32
* nbanks leaves22:37
* jongibson_ joins23:13
* jongibson leaves23:22
* nbanks joins23:33
* nbanks leaves23:37
* kaarefc joins00:22
* kaarefc leaves00:29
* nbanks joins01:03
* nbanks leaves01:08
* ksclarke leaves01:12
* kaarefc joins01:50
* nbanks joins02:04
* nbanks leaves02:08
* kaarefc leaves02:26
* kaarefc joins02:29
* nbanks joins03:04
* nbanks leaves03:09

Generated by Sualtam