Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ermadmix joins06:25
* ermadmix leaves06:57
* nbanks joins07:51
* ermadmix joins08:37
* nbanks leaves08:52
* nbanks joins08:56
* kaarefc leaves09:17
* nbanks leaves09:24
* gregjansen joins09:28
* kaarefc joins09:32
* ksclarke joins09:40
* edInCo joins09:45
* nbanks joins10:03
* kaarefc leaves10:15
* kaarefc joins10:17
* kaarefc leaves10:25
<gregjansen>any volunteers to take minutes at the meeting today?10:27
* YeCao joins10:44
* YeCao leaves10:45
<edInCo>gregjansen: I'll give it a try10:46
<gregjansen>edInCo: aha, thanks so much10:47
edInCo: wait, also, who are you?
* escowles joins10:51
* YeCao joins10:55
* ajs6f joins11:15
Is Greg talking?11:19
<gregjansen>y
hey
<ajs6f>I'm buying you a megaphone.
<gregjansen>I will be louder
* barmintor joins
<ajs6f>TURN IT UP TO ELEVEN!
<barmintor>AAAH! I'm here! I'm coming!
ajs6f: I'm on the cal now, if I'm supposed to say something. I assume you're running this show.11:22
<ajs6f>No, the Greg is.11:23
My T-I-U-T-E was directed at him. You know how notoriously quiet his mic is.
We don't iterate or page.11:25
<escowles>fyi, looks like we actually read the data and do a new checksum when we do the fcr:fixity check, the low-level code that does the reading/checksumming is here: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/kernel/utils/LowLevelCacheEntry.java#L9211:27
<gregjansen>escowles: thx11:28
edInCo: can you include escowles finding in notes? ^^^
<edInCo>gregjansen: yes11:29
<barmintor>How could you possibly do a fixity check w/o reading the data?11:36
<escowles>barmintor: you could trust ispn or some other service to give you the hash
particulary with federation, the connector could return a saved hash without actually checking the bits
<barmintor>I don't get it. Someone has to read the data, or you're not actually checking the fixity.
<ajs6f>Is that Scott? Can you speak up big time?11:37
<escowles>the context was the filesystem connector -- right now it checksums the bits very frequently, but we were talking about checksumming once and storing hash in sidecar file -- worry was that the checksum would never happen again
<barmintor>Hmm.11:38
<escowles>so i was just making sure we were actually pulling the bits and not trusting that some other component was doing it
<barmintor>escowles++, I follow you
<cbeer>(although, at some point, we might push that into modeshape.)11:40
<gregjansen>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Customizable+Search+Index11:41
* tecoripa joins11:42
<gregjansen>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Comparison+-+Wiring11:57
* mpdl_markus joins11:58
* tecoripa leaves12:03
<edInCo>gregjansen: I will send my notes your way shortly
<gregjansen>edInCo: thanks very much, if you like, you can post them in the wiki page for this meeting12:04
<ajs6f>edInCo: Are you coming to DLF?12:06
* mpdl_markus leaves12:07
<edInCo>ajs6f: I'm trying not to. Is there something I shouldn't miss?12:12
<ajs6f>edInCo: No, I was just going to say that for all this note taking, we owe you a beer there. Somewhere else, then.
<edInCo>ajs6f: just trying to use note taking to earn part of my keep12:14
<ajs6f>edInCo: Your account is in the black.12:15
* YeCao leaves12:23
<barmintor>ajs6f: https://github.com/fcrepo/trippi/commit/9bc3974369368da98513033568fa503ee5d54f24
<ajs6f>Looks good. Can I hire you to come performance-tune my Java?12:25
<barmintor>Harumph.
<ajs6f>Oh, wait— I only write SCALA now!
* ermadmix leaves13:07
* ermadmix joins13:15
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins13:19
<edInCo>gregjansen: 'minutes' posted on https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-09-26+FF+Tech+Mtg14:04
<gregjansen>edInCo: many thanks, they look good14:05
* edInCo leaves14:25
* ajs6f leaves14:28
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added comment: "I've got a few recipes put together for how to create objects and datastreams, attach metadata, and create r..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576890215:17
Esme Cowles added "SPARQL Updates (PATCH) should trigger JMS indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5775972015:19
Esme Cowles estimated "SPARQL Updates (PATCH) should trigger JMS indexer" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57759720
Esme Cowles started "SPARQL Updates (PATCH) should trigger JMS indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57759720
* github-ff joins15:24
[fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector] mikedurbin opened pull request #6: Makes fedora 3 datastream content available. (master...56429862) http://git.io/Om59Kg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Durbin added comment: "Pull Request: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/pull/6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56429862
Mike Durbin finished "When federating over a fedora 3 repository, ensure that datastreams are accessible." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56429862
Mike Durbin added "Present entire fedora 3 repository in a manageable hierarchy." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5776232615:49
Mike Durbin edited "Present entire fedora 3 repository in a manageable hierarchy." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/57762326
Mike Durbin started "Bulk copy from federation into binarystore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576914215:53
Esme Cowles added comment: "The JMS indexer isn't the problem -- it handles any event type it sees, and only purgeObject is handled diff..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5775972015:55
* nbanks leaves16:04
* jonathangee leaves16:14
* jonathangee joins17:10
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:15
* ksclarke leaves18:20
* ermadmix leaves19:09
* ermadmix joins19:27
* ermadmix leaves19:59
* ksclarke joins20:23
* ermadmix joins20:24
* ermadmix leaves20:56
* ermadmix joins21:05
<pivotal-bot____>Harry Sidhunata edited "OAI-PMH "identify" verb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5681154022:03
* ermadmix leaves22:09
<pivotal-bot____>Harry Sidhunata added comment: "Creating a sample module to provide simple Identify response that the information is obtained from datas..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5681154022:10
* ermadmix joins22:28
* ermadmix leaves23:00
* ermadmix joins23:13
* ermadmix leaves23:47
* ermadmix joins00:06
* ksclarke leaves00:16
* ermadmix leaves00:38
* kaarefc joins00:52
* ermadmix joins01:13
* kaarefc leaves01:41
* ermadmix leaves01:45
* kaarefc joins02:01
* ermadmix joins02:15
* ermadmix leaves02:47
* ermadmix joins02:50
* ermadmix leaves03:22
* ermadmix joins04:10
* ermadmix leaves04:41
* ermadmix joins05:14

Generated by Sualtam