Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* nbanks joins03:11
* nbanks leaves04:39
* nbanks joins05:04
* nbanks leaves05:08
* nbanks joins05:34
* nbanks leaves05:38
* kaarefc joins06:27
* nbanks joins06:34
* nbanks leaves06:39
* nbanks joins06:57
* jonathangee joins08:01
* fcrepo-bot joins08:46
* jay joins09:02
* jonathangee leaves09:18
* gregjansen joins09:23
* ajs6f joins09:27
* ksclarke joins09:29
* nbanks leaves09:34
* kaarefc leaves09:35
* jonathangee joins09:40
<awoods>gregjansen: fyi MODE-1920 is no longer "pending", you may want to tie-in the link: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-1920
<gregjansen>awoods: yeah, I see that. It is in the authz wiki page.09:41
awoods: elsewhere?
<awoods>gregjansen: No, just in the wiki is referenced without the link and says it is pending: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Authentication+and+Authorization#Design-AuthenticationandAuthorization-ModeShape-BasedAuthorizationModules09:42
<gregjansen>awoods: editing that page currently, made the change09:43
* ksclarke leaves09:47
* osmandin joins
* fcrepo-bot leaves09:50
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din started "Fix IndexerGroup:113 Issue" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576887009:54
* ksclarke joins10:01
* gregjansen1 joins10:02
* gregjansen leaves
<awoods>ajs6f: coming?10:03
<ajs6f>I'm already there. Can't you hear me breathing?10:04
* kaarefc joins10:08
<jonathangee>i'm having some connection issues on the call, so i'm hanging up and calling back.10:12
* gregjansen1 leaves10:14
* gregjansen joins
* jonathangee leaves10:17
* tecoripa joins10:20
* github-ff joins
[tuque] yqjiang synchronize pull request #5: Fedora4 (fedora4...fedora4) http://git.io/9ENurg
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang added comment: "https://github.com/yqjiang/tuque/commit/5a2ce613e9b1f4cbb38e30e7b5194ce0324b9a7a" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503868010:21
Yuqing Jiang finished "implement add/get relationships for Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Mike Durbin added comment: "@awoods I had difficulty envisioning something smaller than these pieces that I would actually be confident ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576913210:22
* barmintor leaves10:28
* jonathangee joins10:29
<tecoripa>i'm back10:30
<mikeAtUVa>So... um... anyone have a good example of an integration test that brings up a fedora 3 repository?10:31
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: not I10:32
<tecoripa>configA, configB, configC in the fedora3 tests?
* gregjansen leaves10:35
* kaarefc leaves10:43
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Durbin started "Fedora3 content modeling" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576926210:46
<ajs6f>mikeAtUVa: Come and find me sometime and I'll explain/show you how Eddie Shin and I use Cargo to do just that. It's fifteen-thousand times better than what you'll see in the archaic fcrepo3 integration tests.10:49
Hang on, I'll put a link to example here:
https://github.com/ajs6f/fcrepo-xslt-triplegenerator/blob/master/integration-tests/pom.xml10:50
<tecoripa>ajs6f: I'd like to see that, too :)
<ajs6f>^^^
* tecoripa leaves11:01
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Durbin added "Create test rigging for a fedora 3 repository to support integration tests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5613537611:18
* gregjansen joins11:19
<awoods>gregjansen: we missed you on the stand-up, but I look forward to your summary of the goals for the remaining work on this sprint.11:29
<gregjansen>awoods: SORRY! I need to put an alarm in my calendar
<awoods>gregjansen: I thought you said that yesterday... or was that the day before?11:30
<gregjansen>awoods: doing it now
<awoods>gregjansen: interesting
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods estimated "Create test rigging for a fedora 3 repository to support integration tests." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5613537611:39
Andrew Woods edited "Create test rigging for a fedora 3 repository to support integration tests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56135376
* jongibson joins11:48
* ajs6f leaves11:56
* jay leaves12:00
* jonathangee_ joins12:05
* jonathangee leaves
* jonathangee leaves12:13
* jonathangee joins12:15
* jonathangee leaves12:21
* jonathangee joins12:23
* gregjansen leaves12:36
* osmandin leaves12:54
* gregjansen joins13:06
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: Are you looking into the integration test setup ajs6f posted? or shall I?13:07
<gregjansen>awoods: did my B3 goals email get to the list?13:14
<awoods>gregjansen: I did not see it13:15
<gregjansen>mikeAtUva: just ran across the org.modeshape.common.text.Jsr283Encoder, which sounded like something you talked about at a recent standup..13:16
<awoods>mikeAtUVa is going to love that.13:17
<gregjansen>awoods: found in the javadoc for the modeshape Path interface13:18
awoods: hmm, sent b3 goals to ff-tech at 11:49 EST13:22
<awoods>gregjansen: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ff-tech
gregjansen: And there are no "pending messages" awaiting approval.13:23
<gregjansen>awoods: thx
<awoods>gregjansen: there it is, just got it.
<gregjansen>awoods: bad habit of replying w/my unc account13:24
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: I wasn't looking at it yet... I'm OK with you doing it, or doing it myself. I suspect it would take me longer than you, though I can always tap Adam in person if I need to. I'd probably learn something that would help in the long run.13:31
gregjansen: That class does look just like what I need. I hate throwing away my implementation, but it'll be less code to maintain, review and test.13:33
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: If you have time, feel free to hit the cargo integration-test work. But if you feel like it is going to push your schedule out too much, let me know and I would be happy to help.13:34
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: OK. I'll let you know if need a hand.13:38
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: Here is your futures repository counterpart: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector13:41
* gregjansen1 joins14:09
* gregjansen leaves
<gregjansen1>do Fedora 4 transactions currently consist of only reuse of the Session object? Is there any JTA?15:10
* osmandin joins
<awoods>gregjansen1, no JTA15:17
<gregjansen1>awoods: we will need real transactions if we want to make REST operations atomic without failing the whole transaction..15:18
<awoods>gregjansen1: do we want to make REST operations atomic, not failing the whole transaction?15:20
<gregjansen1>awoods: I dunno. This is my guess.. that when access is denied for a specific mode operation, we want to fail the Fedora operation, but we probably want to keep the transaction going.
awoods: maybe not? In any case Sessions seem to logout after each Fedora operation. Are there any integration tests for the current transaction implementation.15:22
<awoods>gregjansen1: there do not appear to be any integration tests: see fcrepo-kernel.15:23
<gregjansen1>awoods: will do
<awoods>gregjansen1: logging out of the session is not the same as committing/aborting a transaction.15:24
<gregjansen1>awoods: aha, I see the proxy session now15:27
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: that repository says "Nothing to see here yet. Move along now." and does not list a git URL or let me fork or initiate a pull request.15:31
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: now try15:33
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: Alright... cool. I'll write a single file then initiate a pull request.15:35
<pivotal-bot____>Mike Durbin added comment: "Pull request here: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-fedora3-federation-connector/pull/1" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576913215:56
Mike Durbin finished "Write a proof of concept read-only implementation of a federation over fedora 3 content" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55769132
* jongibson leaves16:07
* jonathangee leaves16:10
* gregjansen1 leaves16:39
* gregjansen joins
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen finished "Write PEP to enforce access policies around modeshape operations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5589163417:00
Gregory Jansen added "Create a simple ACL model that can be persisted on Fedora objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5615984617:09
Gregory Jansen edited "Create a simple ACL model that can be persisted on Fedora objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56159846
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:11
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen edited "Create a simple ACL model that can be persisted on Fedora objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5615984617:19
Gregory Jansen added "Create a Java PEP implementation for enforcement of simple ACL" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56160494
Gregory Jansen edited "Create a Java PEP implementation for enforcement of simple ACL" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56160494
Gregory Jansen estimated "Create a Java PEP implementation for enforcement of simple ACL" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/56160494
* gregjansen leaves17:21
<osmandin>awoods: when I run the modified program, the output from sparqlIndexer says ' sending update request for pid'..17:41
awoods: and nothing seems to happen after that... although the item seems to be in fuseki when i query it17:42
awoods: anyway, it seems to be working so far17:47
* osmandin leaves17:49
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Is there a pull-request or commit associated with this?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5589163417:58
Andrew Woods added comment: "Moving back to "start" until pull-request comments have been addressed." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576913218:01
Andrew Woods started "Write a proof of concept read-only implementation of a federation over fedora 3 content" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55769132
* ksclarke leaves18:07
* ksclarke joins21:38