Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves00:58
* kaarefc joins03:03
* kaarefc leaves04:09
* kaarefc joins04:10
* kaarefc leaves04:29
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added "Write PEP to enforce access policies around modeshape operations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5589163408:44
Gregory Jansen estimated "Write PEP to enforce access policies around modeshape operations." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55891634
Gregory Jansen started "Write PEP to enforce access policies around modeshape operations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55891634
Gregory Jansen edited "Extend PEP to support enforcement of access policies for search, triplestore, and direct queries." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351008:47
Gregory Jansen estimated "Extend PEP to support enforcement of access policies for search, triplestore, and direct queries." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351008:48
Gregory Jansen edited "Create a basic PDP implementation that uses a XACML engine to enforce access policies." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419683408:53
Gregory Jansen edited "Extend PEP to support enforcement of access policies for search, triplestore, and other future queries." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5505351008:54
Gregory Jansen estimated "Create PDP that retrieves policy sets from JCR, referenced via Fedora node hierarchy" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196810
Gregory Jansen edited "Support discovery of XACML resource attributes that map to arbitrary node properties in the JCR." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419680408:56
Gregory Jansen estimated "Support discovery of XACML resource attributes that map to arbitrary node properties in the JCR." as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196804
Gregory Jansen estimated "Document a container configuration for Shibboleth authentication" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196700
* github-ff joins08:59
[tuque] yqjiang synchronize pull request #5: Fedora4 (fedora4...fedora4) http://git.io/9ENurg
* github-ff leaves
* jay joins09:06
* ksclarke joins
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang started "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079709:09
* gregjansen joins09:13
* ajs6f joins
* github-ff joins
[tuque] yqjiang synchronize pull request #5: Fedora4 (fedora4...fedora4) http://git.io/9ENurg
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks joins09:22
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Reference: ""09:25
https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/pull/849 and
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-1920?pa..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196816
<ajs6f>awoods: Is there a sprint planning meeting today, or is that tomorrow?09:26
<awoods>ajs6f, it was yesterday.
ajs6f, there is our regular stand-up today.09:27
<ajs6f>awoods: Yay for me!
Hope it went well.
I'm going to go back to fcrepo3 testing. Boo...
* ajs6f leaves
<awoods>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-08-26+FF+Tech+Mtg
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "More Reference: ""09:32
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byr0u9Cn0CSAN3hrZ3dZaTdsRzg/edit" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54196816
* mikeAtUVa joins09:38
* kaarefc joins09:50
* kaarefc leaves10:21
* kaarefc joins10:26
* kaarefc leaves10:33
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang started "generate dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503880610:37
Andrew Woods edited "generate dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503880610:39
Andrew Woods edited "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49010797
Osman Din added comment: "Initial integration test: ""10:53
https://github.com/osmandin/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/commit/052e9f2fbb9831edddf..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768860
Osman Din started "Prove IndexerGroup:113 Error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768860
* ermadmix joins10:58
<awoods>gregjansen?11:02
<gregjansen>hey awoods
<awoods>standup?
<gregjansen>oops yes
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din accepted "Prove IndexerGroup:113 Error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576886011:14
Osman Din started "Fix IndexerGroup:113 Issue" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768870
* gregjansen leaves11:20
* gregjansen joins
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din added comment: "It seems that action on #54638998 would be helpful to implement this.11:22
* jongibson joins11:29
* ajs6f joins11:44
barmintor: ping?
<barmintor>yo
<ajs6f>Running fcrepo3 tests now with Sun/Oracle HotSpot...11:45
still getting errors, now in configC:
Failed tests:
TestREST.setUp:84 Read timed out
TestREST.tearDown:105 Error [Status Code = 404]: Not Found
TestAPIM.testValidate:2721 null
The timeout doesn't worry me--
this is a VirtualBox instance.
<barmintor>on the 3.7.0-RC branch?
<ajs6f>Yup.
I'm going to try again,
to see if it's maybe resource starvation in the virtual environment.11:46
But I thought you should know.
* fcrepo-bot joins11:48
<barmintor>thanks for point ing it out, do let me know what it looks like
<ajs6f>k, rerunning configC now.
<barmintor>Err… that's totally bizarre11:50
<ajs6f>My thing?
<barmintor>there's no way you could get a NPE on line 2721 and not on 2704
no intermediate assignments to that var11:51
<ajs6f>No way _you_ could do that. I can do anything!
<barmintor>yes, you're very talented
<ajs6f>Talent for Mayhem: The Fedora Story
<pivotal-bot____>" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576887011:55
Andrew Woods edited "Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55769276
Andrew Woods edited "Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576927611:56
Andrew Woods edited "Ingest large files into projected store" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003910
<awoods>ermadmix: note the eventual goal of the large file work at this point: Support using files up to 128-GB from federated store11:57
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Setup basic FilesystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55812502
Mike Durbin added "Evaluate and document feasibility and pitfalls associated with various techniques of federating over fedora 3 content." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55908572
Andrew Woods edited "Identify bottlenecks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55719822
Mike Durbin estimated "Evaluate and document feasibility and pitfalls associated with various techniques of federating over fedora 3 con..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55908572
Mike Durbin started "Evaluate and document feasibility and pitfalls associated with various techniques of federating over fedora 3 content." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5590857211:58
<ajs6f>barmintor: Same deal. I don't think it's a virtualization problem.12:00
Threading problem?
<barmintor>those objects are all private to method12:01
same line number?
<ajs6f>Yup.12:02
<barmintor>I reject this reality
<ajs6f> Okay. I'm comfortable with that solution.12:03
<barmintor>can you gist me the stacktrace?
<ajs6f>Will do.12:04
barmintor: The log was too big— I mailed it to you.12:13
* gregjansen leaves12:19
<barmintor>ajs6f: I meant the stacktrace from the test12:21
<ajs6f>Oh, foo.12:22
<barmintor>that's a client-side NPE
thanks tho!
<ajs6f>Yes— but there's nothing much to it. Hold on.
[root@localhost fcrepo-integrationtest-core]# cat org.fcrepo.test.api.TestAPIM.txt12:23
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test set: org.fcrepo.test.api.TestAPIM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tests run: 14, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 11.251 sec <<< FAILURE!
testValidate(org.fcrepo.test.api.TestAPIM) Time elapsed: 1.26 sec <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:48)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:27)
at org.fcrepo.test.api.TestAPIM.testValidate(TestAPIM.java:2721)
That's it!
Shall I dive into that test code, or are you already on it?12:24
<barmintor>I'm looking at something else right now, so if you could have a look I will owe you one12:25
<ajs6f>Will do, but after a 1PM meeting.
bbl12:26
* ajs6f leaves
* jay leaves12:33
* fcrepo-bot leaves12:51
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:04
* osmandin joins13:13
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Related to: #52860749" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5463899813:14
Andrew Woods edited "Include object path in JMS messages" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5463899813:15
Andrew Woods edited "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52608197
* mikeAtUVa joins13:19
<awoods>osmandin: Does your approach for: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768870 involve tackling https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54638998 ?13:26
<pivotal-bot____>bug: Fix IndexerGroup:113 Issue (started) / owner: Osman Din
<awoods>osmandin ping?13:34
bbi ~1hr13:39
* jongibson leaves13:44
* mikeAtUVa leaves13:53
* osmandin leaves13:55
* osmandin joins
* osmandin leaves13:56
* osmandin joins
* jongibson joins14:01
* ajs6f joins14:06
barmintor: ping?
* mikeAtUVa joins14:15
* osmandin leaves14:17
* ajs6f leaves14:18
* osmandin joins14:26
* awoods leaves14:45
* gregjansen joins14:54
* awoods joins
* jay joins14:59
<osmandin>awoods: JMS messages would need to change to enable IndexGroup to GET pid content, as I mentioned15:03
<pivotal-bot____>Osman Din unstarted "Fix IndexerGroup:113 Issue" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576887015:18
* jongibson leaves15:31
<awoods>osmandin: Yes. My question is, "are you planning on starting https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54638998" ?15:51
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Include object path in JMS messages (unstarted) / owner:
Andrew Woods delivered "Prove IndexerGroup:113 Error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576886015:55
Osman Din started "Include object path in JMS messages" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5463899815:57
<osmandin>awoods: can the node handle be specified as an AttributeValue if it appears in other fields (author, content, summary, title)?16:05
<awoods>osmandin: on a call16:07
back16:13
osmandin: Are you asking if the node path (handle) can be stored as a separate attribute on the node?16:14
<osmandin>awoods: yes, if there's a need for it
awoods: i'm guessing that it should be a part of other fields16:15
awoods: not on the node, but in the message
<awoods>osmandin, I think we simply want the node path to be in the message.16:16
* nbanks leaves16:17
<awoods>osmandin, Are you looking at LegacyMethodEventFactory.java?16:18
<osmandin>awoods: LegacyMethod16:19
<awoods>osmandin: Good. So we want to add a PATH field. Was that the gist of your question?16:22
<osmandin>awoods: yes
<awoods>osmandin: ok. Hopefully it is straightforward.16:23
<mikeAtUVa>Quick question: Is there a maven archetype generation command for projects that would be modules of the fcrepo project? Alternately, is there an ideal best practice pom.xml I should emulate (aka copy) when making a new module?16:29
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: re:archetype, no.16:33
mikeAtUVa: As for a pom that you can use for a new module, it depends on the nature of your module as to which existing pom may be best to copy.16:34
mikeAtUVa: I like the idea of having an archetype, however.16:35
* github-ff joins16:36
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/egemPA
fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/master 052e9f2 osmandin: Added failing unit test for 55768860
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: http://git.io/egemPA" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768860
Andrew Woods accepted "Prove IndexerGroup:113 Error" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55768860
<mikeAtUVa>awoods: alright, thanks. Once I've worked through a couple modules I'll look into archetype definition...16:39
<awoods>mikeAtUVa, I would suggest keeping the dependencies to a bare minimum, and focusing on the plugins defined in the pom.16:40
mikeAtUVa: The plugins largely are needed for integration testing.
* jongibson joins16:45
* osmandin leaves16:47
* nbanks joins16:56
* nbanks leaves17:01
* gregjansen leaves17:02
* gregjansen joins17:03
* mikeAtUVa leaves17:12
* nbanks joins17:26
* nbanks leaves17:31
* jay leaves17:45
* gregjansen leaves
* ermadmix leaves18:08
* jongibson leaves18:19
* ksclarke leaves18:27
* nbanks joins
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5260819718:29
Andrew Woods started "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52608197
* jay__ joins18:30
* nbanks leaves18:31
* jay__ leaves18:41
* github-ff joins19:14
[fcrepo4] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/a-ryZA
fcrepo4/master 619a8b4 Andrew Woods: Enable configuration of JMS message host, port, and context...
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with: http://git.io/a-ryZA" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52608197
Andrew Woods edited "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5260819719:15
Andrew Woods finished "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52608197
Andrew Woods delivered "fcrepo-jms LegacyMethod hardcodes baseUrl" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52608197
* travis-ci joins19:32
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#972 (master - 619a8b4 : Andrew Woods): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ad1b9072b97e...619a8b484fc6
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/10692057
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #242: SUCCESS in 1 min 51 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/242/19:45
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #510: SUCCESS in 5 min 57 sec: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/510/19:55
* ksclarke joins20:34
* nbanks joins20:58
* nbanks leaves21:02
* nbanks joins21:58
* nbanks leaves22:03
* nbanks joins23:59
* nbanks leaves00:03
* nbanks joins00:21

Generated by Sualtam