Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:26
* kaarefc leaves01:38
* kaarefc joins01:41
* kaarefc leaves02:14
* kaarefc joins02:37
* kaarefc leaves02:48
* kaarefc joins02:49
* kaarefc leaves02:56
* ksclarke leaves02:59
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks finished "Document file-federation setup and results" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5571427203:51
* nbanks joins04:03
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks added comment: "Rejecting as most of the API functions aren't taking transaction ID's as arguments where almost every functi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079704:08
Nigel Banks rejected "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49010797
Nigel Banks added comment: ""|" encoding has not be implemented here:04:18
https://github.com/yqjiang/islandora/tree/7.x-fcrepo4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038906
Nigel Banks added comment: "Since the ticket was for testing I'll mark it as resolved, I've updated the wiki page here with her findings..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503890604:24
Nigel Banks accepted "Test if encoding Fedora object/data-stream hierarchical paths will allow Drupal to correctly route requests for th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038906
* kaarefc joins04:41
* kaarefc leaves04:50
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks added comment: "In the latest code/pull request, it seems as though the dependencies are incorrect. When I load up the code ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503868004:51
Nigel Banks rejected "implement add/get relationships for Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Nigel Banks rejected "generate dc in tuque" with comments: "Can't test the dependencies in the code base are incorrect." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038806
Nigel Banks delivered "Document file-federation setup and results" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55714272
* kaarefc joins05:19
* kaarefc leaves06:13
* kaarefc joins07:40
* nbanks leaves07:41
* nbanks joins07:51
* kaarefc leaves07:55
* kaarefc joins
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang started "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079708:33
Yuqing Jiang started "generate dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038806
Yuqing Jiang started "implement add/get relationships for Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Yuqing Jiang added comment: "have you edit the include in tuque.inc and tuque_warpper.inc? it shouled be08:57
@include_once 'sites/all/libra..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Gregory Jansen added comment: "Is this a "sign-in with Google" feature or is there something desired beyond that? For instance, do we ne..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5448029809:33
* ksclarke joins09:34
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks added comment: "I used your latest tuque and islandora on the fedora4 branches." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Andrew Woods added comment: "Just sign-in." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5448029809:39
* kaarefc leaves09:41
<pivotal-bot____>Gregory Jansen added comment: "https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2Login" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5448029809:43
Yuqing Jiang added comment: "I will check them " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503868009:54
Andrew Woods unstarted "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079709:57
Andrew Woods unstarted "generate dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038806
Andrew Woods unstarted "implement add/get relationships for Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55038680
Andrew Woods accepted "Document file-federation setup and results" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5571427209:58
* osmandin joins10:07
* kaarefc joins10:13
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Large File Support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576927410:32
Andrew Woods edited "Fedora 3 to 4 Upgrade Capability" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4601810710:33
Andrew Woods edited "Ensure projected content emit events on update" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398210:35
Andrew Woods edited "Ensure projected content emit events on update" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003982
Andrew Woods edited "Ingest large files from projected store into BinaryStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500394610:36
Andrew Woods edited "Ingest large files into projected store" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003910
* jongibson joins10:39
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Setup basic FilesystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5581250210:40
Andrew Woods edited "Setup basic FilesystemConnector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55812502
Andrew Woods edited "Identify bottlenecks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5571982210:43
Andrew Woods edited "Ingest large files into projected store" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391010:45
Andrew Woods deleted "Large File Support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55769274
Andrew Woods added "Identify bottleneck solutions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5581338810:48
Andrew Woods edited "Identify bottleneck solutions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5581338810:49
Andrew Woods edited "Identify bottlenecks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55719822
* mikeAtUVa joins10:51
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added "Fedora FilesystemConnector for Large Content" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55813834
Andrew Woods edited "Fedora FilesystemConnector for Large Content" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55813834
Andrew Woods edited "Triplestore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576927610:59
<awoods>osmandin: standup?11:02
* kaarefc leaves11:50
* osmandin leaves11:59
* jay joins12:26
* kaarefc joins12:27
Jh1hm4pp12:56
<barmintor>yeah, man12:58
<awoods>IRC is a good way to collect passwords.12:59
* Yuqing joins13:04
* Yuqing leaves13:09
* nbanks leaves13:14
* kaarefc leaves13:31
* yuqing joins13:39
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: Can you repost your comment from https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Large+Files to here https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Fedora+3+to+4+Upgrade
* nbanks joins13:41
<awoods>mikeAtUVa: Actually, I will move it over as content, not a comment.13:43
* nbanks leaves13:45
* nbanks joins14:11
* nbanks leaves14:19
* osmandin joins14:34
* mbklein joins14:37
* ajs6f joins14:40
<mbklein>Hi all. Is there a better channel in which to ask a Fedora Non-Futures question, or is this it?14:41
<ajs6f>barmintor: fcrepo3 3.7.0-RC, Maven 3.1.0, CentOS, OpenJDK 1.7.0_25, gives massive integration test failure blow-out in configA. Not even sure where to start picking up the pieces. Tried on two different machines with different versions of CentOS. Seen this? (I hate to report it so lateā€¦ sorry.)14:43
<awoods>mbklein, this channel might be your best shot.
<barmintor>ajs6f: I don't think we've ever built on OpenJDK14:44
mbklein: GO
<ajs6f>Use Sun HotSpot?
<barmintor>ajs6f: afaik
<ajs6f>p.s. I've always built on OpenJDK.
<mbklein>OK, cool. :) I have two Fedora instances acting as backends for two different instances on the same app. I'm trying to get the PIDs of everything in the repo using the query /fedora/objects?query=&resultFormat=xml&pid=true
<ajs6f>barmintor: k, will do.
\exit14:45
* ajs6f leaves
<mbklein>It's working great on my dev instance, but on the one I'm setting up for test, I get back "Object not found in low-level storage: avalon:1"
(where avalon: is a valid namespace, but there actually is no avalon:1 any more)
<barmintor>you do nothing but the search. and you get that message?14:46
<mbklein>Yes.
<barmintor>what version?
<mbklein>I've created/ingested a few objects (via hydra), but that's the response I get to the search.
<barmintor>(please say 3.6.x)
<mbklein>3.6.2
<barmintor>yay14:47
<mbklein>Neither bob@example.org or sally@example.org has been any help.
<barmintor>have you tried fedoraAdmin@localhost ?
<mbklein>It just points at me and yells "HA HA!"14:48
I'm just wondering where it's getting the notion that there *should* be an avalon:1.
<barmintor>mbklein: I'm honestly shocked to hear that it would
the object search should pull everything out of the Db14:49
is there a stacktrace in your logs?
<mbklein>let me check14:50
<barmintor>thanks!
<mbklein>No, thank YOU!
https://gist.github.com/mbklein/634508314:51
<barmintor>well, it is undeniable that it is loading the object. That's that.14:52
are your two instances using the same backing Db?14:53
<mbklein>No.
This is a completely-self contained VM.
The busted one, that is.
<barmintor>Hmm.
That's surprising
You don't mount the data diretory or nothin'?14:54
<mbklein>Nope.
* jongibson leaves
<mbklein>I'm firing up a SQL GUI now to take a peek14:55
<barmintor>Perhaps obviously, I hypothesize that you are somehow reading a Db with the other machine's data, but dont' have access to the objectStore14:56
<mbklein>barmintor: https://gist.github.com/mbklein/6345083#file-gistfile2-txt14:59
How do I figure out where Fedora is looking within the objectStore for a given object?15:00
* jongibson joins
<barmintor>mbklein: for the object, or for the sql data?
<mbklein>For the object.15:01
FWIW, avalon:22 works great.
<barmintor>look under $FEDORA_HOME/data/objectStore
<mbklein>It's just 1 through 5 that are borked.
I suppose I can just delete them from the DB myself, but... weird.
<barmintor>That's weird, but also:15:02
the Db actually has, if I remember right, the absolute path to the object
so if you had the index from another instance that had created the object at a different *time*
things would blow up
<mbklein>The objectPaths and datastreamPaths tables are empty.15:03
<barmintor>but you could fix that by running the rebuilder
<mbklein>OK
In other news, what an interestingly wasteful couple of default values for ownerId and label. :)
<barmintor>See, the thing is: they're no longer used15:05
somebody thought that was a good ide
<mbklein>That's the impression I get.
<barmintor>err, idea
nobody thought it as a good IDE
<mbklein>It gets the point across, certainly.15:06
There's a Fedora IDE?!
<barmintor>no, no
just being silly
<mbklein>barmintor++
Me too.
<barmintor>this is why I miss being on all the hydra calls15:07
<mbklein>I think a database rebuild fixed it. Just waiting for a restart15:08
Yup, search working now. Thanks barmintor.15:09
<barmintor>High fives for everybody!15:10
afk a sec15:12
* nbanks joins15:16
* nbanks leaves15:21
* nbanks joins15:39
* nbanks leaves15:44
* gregjansen joins16:14
* jay leaves16:17
* jongibson leaves16:42
* jay joins16:43
* osmandin leaves16:51
* jongibson joins16:54
* mikeAtUVa leaves16:55
* mbklein leaves17:05
* gregjansen leaves17:37
* ksclarke leaves17:42
* kaarefc joins17:49
* jay leaves18:05
* kaarefc leaves18:18
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "AuthN/Z" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5576926819:27
* jongibson leaves19:31
* fcrepo-bot joins19:57
* ksclarke joins20:43
* fcrepo-bot leaves21:03
* mbklein joins21:27
* mbklein leaves21:57