Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* ksclarke leaves01:22
* kaarefc joins02:31
* kaarefc leaves02:32
* jay joins08:41
* gregjansen joins09:10
* pivotal-bot____ joins09:17
* pivotal-bot___ leaves09:22
* kaarefc joins09:26
* kaarefc leaves
* ksclarke joins09:36
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Policy+Driven+Storage" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5525431009:55
* escowles joins10:05
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods accepted "Update policy-driven storage documentation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5525431010:07
Andrew Woods edited "Fix replacing values in non-ISPN binary stores " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4986355510:11
Andrew Woods edited "Deploy Updated Ontology to http://fcrepo.org/ontology/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5509558010:12
Andrew Woods started "Deploy Updated Ontology to http://fcrepo.org/ontology/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55095580
* nbanks joins10:49
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang started "generage dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503880610:52
Andrew Woods edited "generate dc in tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503880610:53
Andrew Woods added "Storage Policy service clean-up" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5539932210:57
Andrew Woods edited "Storage Policy service clean-up" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55399322
Andrew Woods edited "Storage Policy service clean-up" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55399322
Andrew Woods added "Produce RDF from Storage Policy service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5539951010:59
Esme Cowles added comment: "I'm trying to add in an integration test, and hitting an error where it can't find org.fcrepo.http.commons.s..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500184811:00
<awoods>escowles: standup?11:02
<pivotal-bot____>Yuqing Jiang finished "Test if encoding Fedora object/data-stream hierarchical paths will allow Drupal to correctly route requests for t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503890611:17
Yuqing Jiang accepted "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49010797
Andrew Woods delivered "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079711:19
<nbanks>Anyone know what characters can't be used as identifiers in modeshape?12:00
* yqjiang joins12:02
<nbanks>from #modeshape nbanks: anything but the reserved characters: any valid XML char minus '/' | ':' | '[' | ']' | '|' | '*'. See http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/3_Repository_Model.html#3.2.2%20Local%20Names12:03
Hey guys, according to this https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Transaction+enabled+REST+API all actions for a transactions must go to a seperate base url than normal rather than an additional GET parameter12:16
I'm looking though the code real quick in http-api but I don't seem to see how it works
Wait I think I found it: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-api/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/http/api/repository/FedoraRepositoryTransactions.java12:17
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks added comment: "Moved the ticket back into started, we just need to add transaction support to the other end-points now." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4901079712:23
Nigel Banks started "Add transactions support to Tuque" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49010797
* yqjiang leaves12:24
<pivotal-bot____>Nigel Banks added comment: "Yuqing found that encoding "/" didn't work, as Drupal would automatically decoded it, we found that "|" coul..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503890612:33
<awoods>escowles: I have some updates to your indexer project that get the integration tests running: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-pluggable/pull/113:08
<escowles>awoods: thanks! i'll check it out shortly13:09
* github-ff joins13:31
[ontology] escowles synchronize pull request #2: Updated pull request with three separate ontologies for repository, rest-api and relations. (master...master) http://git.io/llgGkw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins13:37
[ontology] escowles closed pull request #2: Updated pull request with three separate ontologies for repository, rest-api and relations. (master...master) http://git.io/llgGkw
* github-ff leaves
* nbanks leaves13:39
* nbanks joins13:40
* jay leaves13:46
* github-ff joins13:48
[ontology] escowles opened pull request #3: Fixing namespace URIs & minor issues; adding basic OWL to HTML stylesheet (master...master) http://git.io/FwIr_g
* github-ff leaves
* jay joins14:08
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Ensure invalid storage policies are rejected" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54250518
<awoods>escowles: How do you feel about using http://fedora.info/definitions/v4 instead of http://fcrepo.org/ontology?14:58
<escowles>i don't have any real preferences for the namespace URIs -- but i thought there had been some decision to use http://fcrepo.org/14:59
<awoods>escowles, the decision was basically a coin toss15:00
escowles, we could do fcrepo.org, but that impacts the blog (gh-pages)15:01
<escowles>awoods: in that case, http://fedora.info/repository# etc. sound fine to me
<awoods>escowles, and http://fedora.info/definitions already exists for this purpose.
<escowles>awoods: i mean http://fedora.info/repository/v4#
awoods: oh wait, http://fedora.info/definitions/repository/v4#15:02
<awoods>escowles: What is your take on the code impact?
<escowles>and http://fedora.info/definitions/rels-ext/v4#
awoods: code impact is very minimal: there are about 10 lines in fcrepo-4 that have the namespace URIs now, plus the ontologies themselves15:03
<awoods>escowles, should v4 directly follow 'definitions'?
v4/repository#, v4/rels-ext#15:04
<escowles>awoods: i can see that -- http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository# , etc. seems reasonable to group the URIs together better than if v4 is at the end
<awoods>escowles, I can move the ontologies into webspace once you have made those changes.15:05
<escowles>so then the URLs for the ontology files should be http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository/index.rdf and http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository/index.html
<awoods>escowles, Help me clarify...15:07
there are three ontology files: fedora-rels-ext.rdf, fedora-rest-api.rdf, and fedora.rdf15:08
the webspace will also contain the transform: owl2html.xsl15:09
<escowles>i don't think we need to include the owl2html.xsl -- just the output of transforming each ontology to html
<awoods>but the base URL will be http://fedora.info/definitions/v4 or http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository ?15:10
<escowles>the three ontologies go in separate directories: /definitions/v4/repository/, /definitions/v4/rels-ext/, and /definitions/v4/rest-api/15:11
<awoods>escowles: sure, pre-transformation of html files works.
escowles: This is what I need clarity on... the actual directories and base-URIs15:13
in looking at the current github ontologies...
I see: http://fcrepo.org/repository/relations#
http://fcrepo.org/repository/rest-api
http://fcrepo.org/respository15:14
(just noticing the spelling error)
<escowles>awoods: http://fcrepo.org/repository/relations#foo -> http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/relations#foo (which is equivalent to http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/relations/index.html#foo
<awoods>escowles: good15:15
<escowles>yes, i fixed the spelling error in my last commit: https://github.com/futures/ontology/pull/3
<awoods>escowles: And http://fcrepo.org/respository#foo -> http://fedora.info/definitions/v4#foo15:16
s/respository/repository/15:17
<escowles>awoods: or it could be http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#foo -- i like having a common base and then a different part at the end
<awoods>ok15:18
fedora.rdf: v4/repository#
fedora-rest-api.rdf: v4/repository/rest-api#15:19
<escowles>awoods: yes -- maybe i should rename the files to match the namespace URIs
<awoods>fedora-rels-ext.rdf: v4/repository/relations#
escowles: renaming files could be helpful.15:20
escowles: I think we are good, no?
<escowles>ok, and i think the namespace URIs should be:15:21
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository#
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/rels-ext#
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/rest-api#
<awoods>escowles: That works.
<escowles>so i'll rename the files repository.rdf, rels-ext.rdf and rest-api.rdf
<awoods>right
escowles: Are you also going to generate the html?15:22
<escowles>awoods: i can -- should i attach it to the ticket? or is there somewhere better to park it? it shouldn't go in git...15:23
<awoods>escowles: Attached to the ticket is good. I will get them from there.15:24
<escowles>ok, i'll have that ready in a few
<awoods>escowles: You prefer pre-transformation versus have the browser do it?15:26
<escowles>awoods: will the browser transform work for all browsers, etc.? if it does, then that's fine with me15:27
<awoods>escowles: http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_browsers.asp15:28
<escowles>that looks like pretty good support15:29
<awoods>escowles: Seems like we should be able to post the owl2html.xsl file and link it into the rdf files with the <xsl:stylesheet> tag.15:31
<escowles>awoods: ok, i'll play around with it locally and see what works
<awoods>escowles: Another triplestore usecase just came in from Indiana University: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Design+-+Triplestore15:47
bbi ~45?15:50
* nbanks leaves15:52
* nbanks joins15:59
* jay leaves16:02
* nbanks leaves16:05
* github-ff joins16:08
[ontology] escowles synchronize pull request #3: Fixing namespace URIs & minor issues; adding basic OWL to HTML stylesheet (master...master) http://git.io/FwIr_g
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles added comment: "Updated ontology files, with client-side XSLT configured, with deployment instructions are in the pull reque..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5509558016:13
* jay joins16:55
* github-ff joins17:10
[ontology] awoods pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/l3msOA
ontology/master 4663f2f Esmé Cowles: Prepare ontology for publication...
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins17:12
[ontology] awoods closed pull request #3: Fixing namespace URIs & minor issues; adding basic OWL to HTML stylesheet (master...master) http://git.io/FwIr_g
* github-ff leaves
* gregjansen leaves17:16
* jay leaves17:18
* nbanks joins17:31
* nbanks leaves17:36
* jay joins
* ksclarke leaves17:52
* jay leaves18:05
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with http://git.io/l3msOA18:18
Deployment instructions: ""
- Publish repository.rdf as definitions/v4/rep..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55095580
Andrew Woods delivered "Deploy Updated Ontology to http://fcrepo.org/ontology/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55095580
<awoods>escowles: Feel free to review the goods18:20
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/repository
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/rest-api
http://fedora.info/definitions/v4/rels-ext
* nbanks joins18:31
* nbanks leaves18:36
* nbanks joins19:01
* nbanks leaves19:07
<escowles>awoods: nice! i'll update the URIs in fcrepo-4 tomorrow am19:20
<awoods>escowles: Thank you. You are the one who did it.19:21
* ksclarke joins19:55
* nbanks joins20:02
* nbanks leaves20:07
* nbanks joins21:02
<pivotal-bot____>Andrew Woods edited "Storage Policy service clean-up" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5539932221:04
Andrew Woods started "Storage Policy service clean-up" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55399322
* nbanks leaves21:07
* nbanks joins22:03
* nbanks leaves22:07
* nbanks joins23:03
* nbanks leaves23:08
* nbanks joins00:03
* nbanks leaves00:08
* kaarefc joins00:22
* kaarefc leaves00:48
* nbanks joins01:04
* nbanks leaves01:11
* kaarefc joins01:32
* ksclarke leaves02:13

Generated by Sualtam