Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* nbanks leaves03:42
* nbanks joins03:49
* kaarefc joins04:22
<pivotal-bot___>Nigel Banks added comment: "https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/File+system+connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398207:08
Nigel Banks added comment: "According to the documentation no events are fired" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398207:51
* jonathangee joins08:03
<pivotal-bot___>Nigel Banks started "Ingest large files into projected store" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391008:35
Nigel Banks added comment: "It can't handle very large files like 100GB files." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391008:36
Nigel Banks added comment: "2 GB was no problem
8 GB was no problem
100 GB and it became very very slow (read unusable) I ended up ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003910
Nigel Banks added comment: "Could still visit smaller files, but after making a request for the parent object of the 100GB file smaller ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391008:37
Nigel Banks added comment: "The following exception occurred a lot.
INFO 14:29:49.048 (WildcardExceptionMapper) WebApplicationException ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003910
Nigel Banks added comment: "Attached jetty.log that has the full exceptions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391008:38
* jay__ joins08:44
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added comment: "@nigelgbanks, please take a quick look at the https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398209:06
* kaarefc leaves09:09
* ksclarke joins09:28
<pivotal-bot___>Nigel Banks added comment: "I'm suspect of our own callbacks which add default JCR properties to nodes as the source of the slow down." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391009:29
Andrew Woods added comment: "Sounds like something worth investigating." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500391009:51
Nigel Banks added comment: "Created a new repository to extend the file system connector:" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398209:54
Nigel Banks added comment: "Created a new repository to extend the file system connector: https://github.com/nigelgbanks/fcrepo-filesyst..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55003982
Esme Cowles edited "Post to ff-tech mailing list about RDF URIs and backwards compatibility" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5509124210:55
Esme Cowles added comment: "I posted this message to ff-tech: ""10:56
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ff-tech/0nbWTL0D57Q" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55091242
Esme Cowles accepted "Post to ff-tech mailing list about RDF URIs and backwards compatibility" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55091242
Nigel Banks estimated "Ensure projected content emit events on update" as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5500398211:26
* osmandin joins11:27
<awoods>nbanks: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Profiling+and+Metrics11:29
http://www.yourkit.com/11:31
nbanks: See ff-internal for "yourkit license"11:33
osmandin: do you have a moment to chat?11:35
<osmandin>sure11:36
awoods:sure
<awoods>standard hangout?
<osmandin>awoods: sure11:37
<nbanks>awoods: Thanks!11:49
* jongibson joins11:58
* nbanks leaves12:03
* nbanks joins12:04
* eddies leaves12:21
* eddies joins12:24
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<awoods>jongibson: Good to see you back, Jon. Feeling better?12:26
<jongibson>awoods: somewhat, sorta weird to get a 'cold' when it's 102F outsideā€¦ but stuff happens12:27
<awoods>jongibson: When you get a chance, it would be great if you could share your initial work on the OAI-PMH front... maybe just your git-repo.12:28
<jongibson>will do
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added "Upgrade to Modeshape 3.4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5516974612:32
Andrew Woods edited "Upgrade to Modeshape 3.4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55169746
* eddies leaves12:34
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods edited "Deploy Updated Ontology to http://fcrepo.org/ontology/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55095580
Andrew Woods edited "Deploy Updated Ontology to http://fcrepo.org/ontology/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55095580
* eddies joins12:35
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves12:47
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added "Acquire 4 node? server cluster: Yale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5517159212:52
<nbanks>Hi all, I'm sure this is obvious for folks with java experience, but how to I get my jar (created in it's own folder/git repository) to be deployed with the fedora webapp? I tried to just drop it into crepo-webapp/target/fcrepo-webapp-4.0.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib but that didn't seem to work.12:55
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods edited "A page to the Wiki describing recommend solutions to ingesting files of varying sizes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126
Andrew Woods edited "A page to the Wiki describing recommend solutions to ingesting files of varying sizes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126
Andrew Woods edited "A page to the Wiki describing recommend solutions to ingesting files of varying sizes." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55069126
Andrew Woods added "Setup simple F4 cluster: Yale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5517192812:57
Andrew Woods edited "Acquire 4 node? server cluster: Yale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55171592
Andrew Woods edited "Acquire 4 node? server cluster: Yale" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/55171592
* eddies joins13:05
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* nbanks leaves13:08
<awoods>Has any exploration gone into usage and limitations of the FileSystemBinaryStore for a non-clustered install of Modeshape?13:35
eddies? cbeer? ^^13:37
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added comment: "It may be worth re-investigating this in the context of FileSystemBinaryStore, in addition to InfinispanBin..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4610822913:39
Andrew Woods edited "Backup a running repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4610822913:47
Andrew Woods edited "Backup a running repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46108229
<cbeer>awoods: yes. it's painfully slow.13:49
and loves its file handles.
(both of which are known issues upstream.)
<awoods>cbeer: so the FileSystemBinaryStore is a non-starter?
<cbeer>i wouldn't say that. just that the other binary stores are just that much better.13:50
<awoods>cbeer: I am thinking of the backup scenario...
<cbeer>backup scenario?
<awoods>cbeer: It looks like backup may not be possible currently with the InfinispanBinaryStore13:51
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46108229
<pivotal-bot___>feature: Backup a running repository (unstarted) / owner: Osman Din
<cbeer>didn't i fix that upstream?
oh, maybe not
right. it was unclear. but worth checking again in 3.4
<awoods>cbeer: your PR was merged...
<cbeer>if it doesn't work, it's a bug. not an inherent flaw in the binary store.13:52
<awoods>I wonder what tests you ran to determine that it is "still broken".
<cbeer>the backup API happens at the JCR level anyway, and should be binary store agnostic.
<awoods>I would like to re-open investigation on this front13:53
<cbeer>go for it. the PR should still be as valid as ever.
<awoods>cbeer: ok, stay tuned.13:54
* nbanks joins14:05
<awoods>nbanks: Would you like to discuss a bit more about what you are trying to do with jar deployment?
* nbanks leaves14:09
<awoods>nbanks: I take that as a "no".14:13
* nbanks joins14:15
* nbanks leaves14:21
* jongibson leaves14:25
* jay__ leaves14:39
* jongibson joins14:49
* jay__ joins14:55
* jay__ leaves
* nbanks joins15:15
* nbanks leaves15:22
* gregjansen joins15:29
* github-ff joins15:45
[ontology] escowles synchronize pull request #1: Fix namespaces, add additional properties from RdfLexicon and fcrepo3 RELS-EXT ontology (master...master) http://git.io/OnAmzw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:51
[ontology] escowles closed pull request #1: Fix namespaces, add additional properties from RdfLexicon and fcrepo3 RELS-EXT ontology (master...master) http://git.io/OnAmzw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins15:52
[ontology] escowles opened pull request #2: Updated pull request with three separate ontologies for repository, rest-api and relations. (master...master) http://git.io/llgGkw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:01
[fcrepo4] escowles opened pull request #107: Updating namespaces to match new ontology with HTTP URIs (master...namespace-reorg) http://git.io/MianJA
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot___>Esme Cowles added comment: "I have created an updated pull request for the ontology, which uses three ontologies with different HTTP bas..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5089596916:06
* jay__ joins16:07
<pivotal-bot___>Yuqing Jiang started "Test if encoding Fedora object/data-stream hierarchical paths will allow Drupal to correctly route requests for th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503890616:09
Yuqing Jiang added comment: "tested for object, path is not allowed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5503890616:10
* nbanks joins16:16
* nbanks leaves16:22
* gregjansen leaves17:02
* tecoripa joins
* osmandin leaves
* nbanks joins17:06
* tecoripa leaves17:08
<pivotal-bot___>Osman Din added comment: "Version after clean up: ""17:18
https://github.com/osmandin/fcrepo4/commit/7472b7083683da0dcad267950b303aa7189150c4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54197412
* nbanks leaves17:30
* tecoripa joins17:31
* tecoripa leaves17:32
* ksclarke leaves18:05
* jongibson leaves18:08
* jay__ leaves18:10
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added comment: "The relative path of the node is available as: node.getPath()18:23
The base URL is currently hardcoded in Legacy..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/52860749
* nbanks joins18:26
* nbanks leaves18:31
* nbanks joins18:37
* nbanks leaves18:41
* nbanks joins19:39
* nbanks leaves19:43
* nbanks joins20:38
* nbanks leaves20:44
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods added comment: "This looks good. Is there any more work to be done on this ticket? If not, you can click "Finish", we will ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5089596920:54
* ksclarke joins20:55
<pivotal-bot___>Andrew Woods started "Create policies with REST-API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419741221:16
Andrew Woods added comment: "Please address the other clean-up comments as well." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419741221:20
Andrew Woods added comment: "It may be useful to add a version number or a date/year in our prefixes... it seems like a common practice." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5089596922:02
Osman Din added comment: "Prior commits (to the one mentioned above) did all the clean up. But perhaps it would've been better to create..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5419741222:25