Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins00:53
* kaarefc leaves
* nbanks joins01:49
* eddies leaves04:08
* eddies joins04:55
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves07:02
* eddies joins07:11
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* github-ff joins07:37
[fcrepo4] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/3xnBFw
fcrepo4/master 410b366 Edwin Shin: Quick and dirty: add back the HTML form to create nodes on mode:root....
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins07:58
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#634 (master - 410b366 : Edwin Shin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/0d099233579a...410b366c9336
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7766286
* travis-ci leaves
* jonathangee joins08:43
* fasseg joins08:52
* unai_ joins09:05
* unai_ leaves09:06
<fasseg>eddies: do we have a documentation of our github workflow somewhere?09:07
* gregjansen joins09:17
<cbeer>fasseg: this is similar to what we do: https://github.com/projecthydra/hydra-head/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#submitting-changes09:18
<awoods>I would also like a detailed git workflow. My impression is that some were following this: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FCREPO/Git+Guidelines+and+Best+Practices09:19
<cbeer>ah, that's good
<fasseg>thanks!09:20
<awoods>Some jmeter comparisons: old (2013-04-25) https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4+test+results+-+2013-04-2509:28
new (2013-06-03) https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+4+test+results+-+2013-06-0309:29
We are looking better than it originally appeared09:30
<fasseg>thats good news09:31
<cbeer>awoods: better as in, not bad?
or as bad, but no worse?
<awoods>the performance of fedora4 has not degraded, fedora4 vs. fedora3 is not as good as we would like.09:34
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer started "Fix sitemap URLs to use URIInfo" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51005391
* gregjansen1 joins
* gregjansen leaves
<fasseg>But medians (?) are all about the same between those two just the spread seemed to decrease.09:36
<- sry not very familiar with boxplits
*boxplots
<awoods>fasseg: you are referring to the old and new fedora4 results?09:37
<fasseg>yeah
<awoods>agreed
fedora4 performance has stayed about the same
with maybe some improvements with more threads
but we will want to see what can be done to improve fedora4 relative to fedora3: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Fedora+3.6.2+test+results09:38
* ajs6f joins09:49
Create and delete object seem bizarrely slow.09:51
A question: are we still testing fcrepo4 in a mode where it persists all data twice?09:52
Another question: if I'm reading "A box plot of Thread count vs Time taken to complete a response" correctly (unlikely) it seems like the response-time maxes out at 20 threads and goes down a little from there. That seems odd. WHy would adding more threads _decrease_ response time?09:56
On a totally different topic: I just realized that we've impl'd a small piece of the Servlet API in fcrepo-http-commons. Anyone know why we would have done that? It seems odd, and it's not really a very full instantiation…09:57
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer started "fix fixity report" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5101166909:58
Chris Beer finished "Fix sitemap URLs to use URIInfo" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51005391
Chris Beer finished "fix fixity report" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51011669
Chris Beer edited "Fix sitemap URLs to use full paths to nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51005391
<ajs6f>afk bbi5
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer edited "fix fixity report computedSize predicate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5101166909:59
* github-ff joins10:01
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/2uSxzQ
fcrepo4/master 6ce0206 Chris Beer: fix sitemap generation to use full paths to objects
fcrepo4/master bbe3179 Chris Beer: fix computed size predicate
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/bbe31794778e9d1fd621b6bc9e51ace8dd0b05fb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5101166910:02
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/6ce020673947e4f01a82f395b7c8e64204f2096b" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51005391
Chris Beer delivered "Fix sitemap URLs to use full paths to nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51005391
Chris Beer delivered "fix fixity report computedSize predicate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51011669
* ajs6f joins10:03
back
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer started "Re-enable the kitchen sink deploy after 6/3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50986975
Chris Beer accepted "Re-enable the kitchen sink deploy after 6/3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5098697510:04
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/410b366c93365f9af9e6994d56573c946de83667" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5098248110:10
Chris Beer finished "HTML response for /rest/ endpoint is missing node creation forms at /rest/objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5098248110:11
* ajs6f leaves10:19
* ajs6f joins10:23
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#635 (master - bbe3179 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/410b366c9336...bbe31794778e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7770116
* travis-ci leaves
* gregjansen1 leaves10:34
* jonathangee leaves10:36
* nbanks_ joins10:38
* nbanks leaves10:40
* jonathangee joins10:42
<ajs6f>Are we on early today, or is that only on iteration close weeks?10:44
<eddies>standup time
it's every tues/thurs10:45
see the calendar
<ajs6f>Yeah, Thurs I knew about.
<eddies>the wiki
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added "Use uri builder everywhere to create URLs for objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107651310:47
Chris Beer edited "Use uri builder everywhere to create URLs for objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51076513
* barmintor joins
hey everyone10:48
<eddies>fasseg: joining us?10:49
<fasseg>yep
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added "add html form for field search without a query" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107745510:56
Chris Beer estimated "add html form for field search without a query" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51077455
Chris Beer started "add html form for field search without a query" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51077455
A. "Codiselic" Soroka added "Use Apache Oltu to provide simple OAuth2 authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107764510:58
A. "Codiselic" Soroka edited "Use Apache Oltu to provide simple OAuth2 authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107764510:59
A. "Codiselic" Soroka started "Use Apache Oltu to provide simple OAuth2 authentication" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51077645
Edwin Shin delivered "HTML response for /rest/ endpoint is missing node creation forms at /rest/objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5098248111:00
Edwin Shin accepted "HTML response for /rest/ endpoint is missing node creation forms at /rest/objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50982481
<barmintor>eddies: I nned to email you about some reimbursement stuff later
<pivotal-bot_>Benjamin Armintor unstarted "Every node should not fire EventBus events, etc, etc when a change is made on a different node." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773057511:01
<cbeer>barmintor? never heard of him. definitely wasn't at any of our meetings.11:08
<barmintor>nope
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/mawGZw
fcrepo4/master 7fcadb5 Chris Beer: add a search form for text/html requests to field search without a query parameter
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/7fcadb5a01d1da0038220f8f8e6f52dd9068429c" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107745511:09
Chris Beer finished "add html form for field search without a query" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51077455
Chris Beer delivered "add html form for field search without a query" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51077455
* ajs6f leaves
* ajs6f joins11:14
* nbanks joins11:15
* nbanks_ leaves11:16
<fasseg>awoods: so im creating results for 1, 5 10, 20 ,40 and 80 threads for a plain create object and push the results to https://github.com/futures/ff-jmeter-testResults in a Folder 2013-06-03-Fedora4-CreateObjectTests
<pivotal-bot_>Frank Asseg started "Fixity webapp cleanup" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5087913911:21
Chris Beer started "Use uri builder everywhere to create URLs for objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107651311:22
Frank Asseg edited "SystemProperty of fixity webapp on fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50995831
Frank Asseg edited "System property for fcrepo4 url usage by the fixity webapp on fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5099583111:24
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Is this ticket to implement map-reduce across the cluster to generate the fixity report?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773060711:25
* travis-ci joins11:27
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#636 (master - 7fcadb5 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/bbe31794778e...7fcadb5a01d1
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7772444
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Issues this faces: ""11:41
1. The JcrEvent has no reference to the context Node or Session, it only has a path..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47730575
Chris Beer added comment: "Could be. There's an example of the DEF here: https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/blob/master/modeshape-jc..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773060711:42
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Just logging it: http://docs.jboss.org/infinispan/5.2/apidocs/org/infinispan/distexec/DistributedExecu..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773060711:48
* github-ff joins11:50
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/NV8IoQ
fcrepo4/master af2f5a4 Chris Beer: use uriinfo to build paths
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer accepted "Use uri builder everywhere to create URLs for objects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51076513
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/af2f5a44e7cf9ef69ab52c8e60253bba5dc952fd" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5107651311:51
<cbeer>fasseg: can you tell me more about https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50995831?11:52
<pivotal-bot_>chore: System property for fcrepo4 url usage by the fixity webapp on fcrepo.org (unscheduled) / owner: Chris Beer
<cbeer>e.g. what system property, what its value should point at, etc, etc
* gregjansen joins11:53
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added comment: "e.g. PUT /some/path/to/fcr:content with headers If-Not-Modified-Since: {datestamp} and ETag: {etag}" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4967150511:54
<cbeer>sonar--11:56
<ajs6f>I'm starting to hate Spring.
barmintor: in fcrepo3, do the security filters use beans from the main application contexts, or are they entirely separate?11:57
<barmintor>ajs6f: AFAIK in FCR3 the filters are in a child context of the main context11:58
let me check
<ajs6f>So they can use beans from the parent context, I assume?
<barmintor>yes
<ajs6f>I'm trying to use beans in the application contexts from the test context that holds the test server (for i-tests), but I don't think fasseg set it up to work that way.11:59
Like @Autowiring doesn't work, that sort of thing.
<barmintor>That's not right
<ajs6f>That's kind of how I'm feeling.
<barmintor>are you using the spring test runner?
<ajs6f>Yep.
<barmintor>Hmm12:00
<ajs6f>With the TestContainer class that fasseg wrote, in http-commons.
<barmintor>HMMMM
<fasseg>cbeer: in the fixity webapp there was a system property "org.fcrepo.fixity.fcrepo.url" and I removed this during the cleanup in favour of a spring configuration. Does the configuration of the fixity webapp on the server at http://fcrepo.org/fixity rely on that system property?
<barmintor>ajs6f: looking
<ajs6f>And I'm trying to use the SessionFactory in the filters (to get acess to the repo) and that's what's blowing out. I tried using a Spring delegating filter proxy, but that blows out with a really obscure error about ServletContexts.
<barmintor>ajs6f: can we get on a hangout to talk it out?12:01
<ajs6f>Sure thing. I'll get on the standup hangout.
<cbeer>fasseg: sorry, still confused (blame jetlag and meeting distraction). tell me what to do and i'll make it happen. (and, are you saying the whole configuration happens within spring XML now? i thought we added the java opt in the first place so people wouldn't need to muck around in the webapp to get things working?)12:03
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-auth-oauth] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/4a5D-w
fcrepo-auth-oauth/master 96023ad ajs6f: Pushing code for ben
* github-ff leaves
<fasseg>indeed..now I remember, I'll just readd it..12:04
i thought this was just a workaround for sth
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #744: FIXED in 14 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/744/
Chris Beer: use uriinfo to build paths
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #49: STILL FAILING in 47 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/49/12:05
Project fcrepo-fixity build #222: SUCCESS in 6 min 17 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/222/12:11
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#637 (master - af2f5a4 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/7fcadb5a01d1...af2f5a44e7cf
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7774016
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>https://gist.github.com/ajs6f/570724412:14
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added comment: "s/ETag/If-Match/" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4967150512:15
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #343: SUCCESS in 4 min 54 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/343/12:16
<barmintor>https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-api/src/test/resources/spring-test/test-container.xml12:18
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added "Fix search results HTML template" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5108564912:21
* jonathangee leaves12:28
* jonathangee joins12:30
<ajs6f>barmintor++ : He makes Spring taste better.12:36
* github-ff joins12:43
[ff-jmeter-madness] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/JqhVZA
ff-jmeter-madness/master 6235b10 fasseg: added a threadgroup for testing fcr:new endpoint
* github-ff leaves
* gregjansen leaves13:06
* gregjansen joins13:08
* ff-github joins13:27
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/7-12hQ
fcrepo-fixity/master adb3231 fasseg: added setting of fedora folder uri via a system property and refactored...
fcrepo-fixity/master 5a74d77 fasseg: fixed default redirect to dashboard
* ff-github leaves
<fasseg>cbeer: can you change the property org.fcrepo.fixity.fcrepo.url to include "/objects" in the path as in http://locahost:8080/fcrepo/rest/objects?13:29
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #223: SUCCESS in 7 min 15 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/223/13:34
<fasseg>cbeer: and delete the old database at "/tmp/fixity-results.db*" pls13:37
and spring++ for providing injection via @Value("#{ systemProperties['prop.name] }") for default values with system properties13:40
* ff-github joins13:52
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Rr59Bg
fcrepo-fixity/master 0ad774b fasseg: added error output to retrieve Uris
* ff-github leaves
<fasseg>ajsf6: do you still have the problem with the test-container?13:53
* eddies1 joins
* eddies1 leaves
* eddies1 joins
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer delivered "Have Maven Checkstyles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49836979
Chris Beer delivered "Create a curated space for fcrepo3 ontology, with particular attention to predicate names for migrating object and..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49882627
* cbeer_ joins13:54
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #224: SUCCESS in 4 min 28 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/224/13:57
<pivotal-bot_>Chris Beer added "Add XSLT to sitemap XML file to generate pretty HTML?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5109370113:58
* eddies leaves13:59
* cbeer leaves
* fasseg leaves14:00