Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* nbanks joins00:28
* nbanks leaves00:33
* kaarefc joins00:55
* kaarefc leaves01:00
* kaarefc joins
* nbanks joins01:23
* kaarefc leaves01:36
* kaarefc joins02:14
* kaarefc leaves02:26
* kaarefc joins02:27
* kaarefc leaves
* eddies leaves05:28
* eddies joins05:38
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves05:51
* kaarefc joins06:05
* eddies joins06:24
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* nbanks leaves06:27
* nbanks joins06:32
* eddies leaves08:06
* fasseg joins08:12
* eddies joins08:27
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* kaarefc leaves09:15
* gregjansen joins09:20
* kaarefc joins09:33
* gregjansen leaves09:34
* nbanks_ joins09:38
* nbanks leaves09:41
* kaarefc leaves09:43
* ajs6f joins09:45
* nbanks_ leaves09:47
* kaarefc joins09:48
* nbanks joins
* gregjansen joins
* gregjansen leaves09:58
* gregjansen1 joins09:59
where is the hangout?10:01
<cbeer>gregjansen1: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/46ed3fe3f2d8606cbc4c4056cc8bb4cce9176ebc?authuser=0&hl=en
<awoods>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ccnv0ba94h3fb2je3gscunqc49g
<cbeer>barmintor?10:02
<eddies>nbanks, barmintor: call
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-05-28+Sprint+11+Planning10:07
<cbeer>"hchiorean: [...] the AS7 API is as much a PITA as it is a blackbox" :/10:12
* kaarefc leaves10:14
<ajs6f>We say things like that about fcrepo3 all the rime. :)
time
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074165910:17
Chris Beer estimated "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50741659
Chris Beer edited "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50741659
<barmintor>eddies: external datastreams; a migration strategy (unless that suggests to much)10:26
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Figure out how to demo bagit connector on futures6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4788989910:29
Chris Beer edited "Create a design document for the BagIt connector describing our implementation, requirements, and limitations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646459
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #331: SUCCESS in 6 min 42 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/331/10:32
<pivotal-bot>Nigel Banks started "Have Maven Checkstyles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4983697910:34
<ajs6f>afk for bio break, bbi310:36
back10:39
<fasseg>barmintor: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/6310:43
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "http://fcrepo4.fcrepo.org/fcrepo/rest/image.png" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5068322710:46
Edwin Shin delivered "Initial WebDAV support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50631559
Edwin Shin accepted "Initial WebDAV support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50631559
Chris Beer edited "Initial WebDAV support" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50631559
<ajs6f>nbanks: can you post a ink to the workspace identifiers issue? I can't seem to find it in Pivotal...
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer edited "Declare some fcrepo3 predicate names for migrating object and datastream properties" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4988262710:50
Chris Beer edited "Archives Sequencer build is broken" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5046289110:51
A. "Codiselic" Soroka edited "Create a curated space for fcrepo3 ontology, with particular attention to predicate names for migrating ob..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49882627
A. "Codiselic" Soroka finished "Create a curated space for fcrepo3 ontology, with particular attention to predicate names for migrating ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49882627
Edwin Shin delivered "Plug in the Modeshape characterization sequencer into kitchen sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5068322710:52
Edwin Shin accepted "Plug in the Modeshape characterization sequencer into kitchen sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50683227
<barmintor>awoods, eddies: NEFUG slide draft started; look in Google Drive/Fedora Futures/OR2013/NEFUG June 201310:54
<awoods>barmintor: Thanks, I will give it a look10:55
<pivotal-bot>Edwin Shin edited "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074165910:56
Edwin Shin edited "fcrepo4 stress test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5068254710:58
<barmintor>AFK, bbi510:59
back11:03
<pivotal-bot>Edwin Shin added comment: "Add links to fcr:search, rss, webhooks. Should also expose repo stats (number of resources, total disk footpr..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50741659
* gregjansen joins11:04
* gregjansen1 leaves11:05
<awoods>https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-171011:13
<pivotal-bot>A. "Codiselic" Soroka added ""identity" sequencer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074797911:27
Chris Beer edited "Create a Git pull request for MODE-1710" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48804727
A. "Codiselic" Soroka edited "Create a Git pull request for MODE-1710" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4880472711:28
Chris Beer added "don't get heckled by fcrepo3 fanatics at NEFUG" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074815311:29
Chris Beer edited "don't get heckled by fcrepo3 fanatics at NEFUG" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748153
Edwin Shin added "Identity sequencer for projected nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074829111:31
Edwin Shin edited "Identity sequencer for projected nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748291
* gregjansen leaves11:34
<pivotal-bot>Edwin Shin added "Index projected nodes into MODE's Lucene index" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074867711:35
Edwin Shin edited "Index projected nodes into MODE's Lucene index" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748677
Edwin Shin edited "Index projected nodes into MODE's Lucene index" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074867711:37
A. "Codiselic" Soroka edited "don't get heckled by fcrepo3 fanatics at NEFUG" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074815311:38
<awoods>https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Federation#Federation-Querying11:39
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods edited "Index projected nodes into MODE's Lucene index" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074867711:40
Edwin Shin added "Fix ITs for fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074928511:42
Edwin Shin edited "Fix ITs for fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50749285
Edwin Shin edited "Every node should not fire EventBus events, etc, etc when a change is made on a different node." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773057511:46
* gregjansen joins
<cbeer>i don't see how the archive sequencer ever worked :/11:47
oh, i bet /objects wasn't a fedora:object before11:48
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer finished "Archives Sequencer build is broken" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5046289111:54
Chris Beer delivered "Archives Sequencer build is broken" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50462891
Chris Beer edited "Plug in the Modeshape characterization sequencer into kitchen sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5068322711:56
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!12:01
Project fcrepo-sequencer-archives build #7: FIXED in 6 min 46 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-sequencer-archives/7/
<awoods>barmintor: Do you have a link to your preso... I do not see the "Fedora Futures" folder.12:07
<eddies>awoods: https://docs.google.com/a/yourmediashelf.com/presentation/d/1TNsZEgtIEdq1dJFe6eggjACoQnFc1QzDyQ_cAEIn_8I/edit#slide=id.gd4d91727_040
slide #12 is a winner
<awoods>eddies: access requested awoods-at-fedora-commons.org12:08
<eddies>awoods: done12:09
<awoods>eddies: thanks
<barmintor>cbeer: you should be done, too12:11
<cbeer>googledocs++12:12
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-sequencer-archives build #8: SUCCESS in 5 min 8 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-sequencer-archives/8/12:13
<awoods>Is there a "fixity: self-healing" ticket out there? Or does that just work?12:22
<cbeer>for some definition of just work, yes.12:25
<awoods>Since this is a high-value feature to potentially demonstrate at OR13, is there any additional work that we should slate?12:26
<cbeer>there are two really big tickets in this iteration to get it working with clustering12:28
(which we may fail at spectacularly.)
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4773060712:29
<pivotal-bot>feature: Update LowLevelStorageService to be cluster-aware (unstarted) / owner:
<cbeer>https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49537351
<pivotal-bot>feature: Figure out how to handle low-level cache entries in a distributed scenario (where our cache loader may not have all the parts of the binary.) (unstarted) / owner:
<cbeer>and something to make it work with other types of stores:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49863555
<pivotal-bot>bug: Fix replacing values in non-ISPN binary stores (unstarted) / owner:
<cbeer>(not in this sprint)
(which is actually fine, because the other types of stores can't do redundant storage)
* nbanks leaves12:43
* eddies leaves12:50
* nbanks joins12:53
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074165913:22
* eddies joins13:37
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<ajs6f>fasseg: Want me to rebase the 1710 branch?13:40
<fasseg>adam: i can do that, id like the training in rebasing....13:41
<ajs6f>fasseg: Rock on, and yell if you want backup.
<fasseg>yeah thx, although it might take a while until i start this....gonna be a long day ;)13:42
<ajs6f>Remember to breath.13:43
* barmintor hates whitespace changes in diffs13:44
* awoods also finds whitespace diffs impact efficiency of reviewing updated functionality13:51
<cbeer>easy way to solve that.. only fix one thing at a time.13:52
<awoods>and do not use auto-formating for more than the lines that are being changed.
<cbeer>ajs6f: with spring, is there a way i can say "go off and collect all of the X and give them to me as a collection"?13:57
<barmintor>cbeer: if you have a context, you can ask it for all beans of a type13:58
<cbeer>and i guess i'd have a context if i'm a bean?
<barmintor>cbeer: tragically, no- not unless you implement ContextAware13:59
<cbeer>i think that's fine.
of course, the more important question.. is that actually a good way to handle injecting random urls to http resources into the graph?
i'd create some interface for the "node http resources provider", and just gather them all up and give them the resource and the dataset14:00
and let them do whatever
<barmintor>Hmm- like, asking for all the JAXRS resources and building URLs with UriInfo?
<cbeer>either the resources or some helper object14:01
(this is especially for all the optional stuff we have)
i'm hard-wiring all the stuff in -http-api, but eddies wanted rss, webhooks, etc in the graph too
<barmintor>I like the idea of this, but I think we are under-scoping it right now14:04
You probably want an annotation at the class or method level that indicates what the "linkable in description" method is, too
<cbeer>that's one of the reasons i was thinking a separate helper class14:05
because annotations make my head hurt
<barmintor>Hmm
it's going to be hard to know what method to build a URI to without some kind of class metadata like that
ajs6f usually has opinions about this kind of thing, is he offline?14:06
<cbeer>it can be hard-coded in the helper classes, no? (a helper class per module, i guess)
<barmintor>eddies, awoods ^^
<cbeer>or i can table this for tomorrow's discussion14:07
and just do the http-api methods
<eddies>are we talking about something like a registry for available services?
<barmintor>cbeer: that's what I would do. Hard-coding helper classes seems… wrong somehow.
eddies: yes, and how to build the links from the repo description14:08
this is an omen: https://jersey.java.net/nonav/documentation/latest/jax-rs.html
<awoods>Would it make sense for the services to register into a global datastructure?14:09
<eddies>hrm
<barmintor>awoods: it could. I think some kind of metadata would be preferable, but you and cbeer have approaches with the virtue of straight-forward impl14:10
"To add content to your website, use webdavs."14:11
^^ what that jersey link resolves to
<eddies>i have no constructive implementation suggestions to add at this time. i can point out that we ultimately want this so-called registry to support registration of external services such as the sqarql endpoint (i.e. our 4store service), solr, fixity-webapp, etc.
but for today, i'd go with whatever works for just the optional jaxrs modules. patches welcome14:12
<cbeer>hm. random external services suggests a helper class is actually ok.
<barmintor>eddies: wanting a way for external services to show up is an important use case to have on the table
I wasn't thinking of that; cbeer seems right that some arbitrary little URL-wrappers is the way to go, unless you want to do some messaging nonsense14:14
awoods: Is Jonathan M going to be at the NEFUG?
<awoods>barmintor: No, I was inadvertently thinking of the Hydra Steering meeting in Boston.14:15
<barmintor>awoods: darn14:16
<cbeer>simple -- come to the partner meeting!
<eddies>wow. that was a bit of hell to install graphite. just in case anyone else wants to try: https://gist.github.com/eddies/567222114:17
<barmintor>cbeer: I'm hoping that I can actually start participating in Hydra stuff again when this FF phase winds down
<awoods>barmintor: you mean after the next phase of FF winds down?14:21
<barmintor>...
it never winds down, does it?
<awoods>that is the idea14:22
<eddies>cbeer: why do we have our own metrics servlet again?14:23
<cbeer>eddies: we needed it in order to get our instances of the metrics data
i saw they made some changes in the latest prerelease that may make it possible to inject our thing there14:24
<ajs6f>all: just catching up here, but it kind of sounds like we want the OSGi service registry...14:31
which answers the generic problem of "I want all things that can perform X for me" for some well-defined X.14:32
<awoods>ajs6f: although there may be a lighter way to get to the solution14:33
<ajs6f>Sure.
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added "Remove crappy temp files that leak into the container directory: kitchen-sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5076384914:38
Andrew Woods started "Remove crappy temp files that leak into the container directory: kitchen-sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5076384914:39
<barmintor>Fedora 4: Named graphs in an OSGi Registry14:40
<ajs6f>My graph is named "Oscar".14:41
<barmintor> <rdf:type> "Grouch" ?
<ajs6f>ajs6f <rdf:type> "Grouch"14:42
.14:43
barmintor: do you know anything about the interaction of Spring's ContextLoaderListener and the various servlets we have (and can have) defined in the web.xml in terms of where they get their contextConfigLocation? I can't seem to get two different servlets to look at two different places for their contextConfigLocations...14:44
<barmintor>Ah… no. I did in CXF?14:45
<ajs6f>Eh? Did what in CXF?14:46
<barmintor>different contextconfig for different servlets14:51
<awoods>ajs6f: I assume you have referenced: http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.2.0.RELEASE/spring-framework-reference/html/beans.html#context-create14:55
<ajs6f>Yes, thats what doesn'tappear to work for multiple servlets.
I've tried a couple of combinations...
but I need to have a ContextLoaderListener in play, or nothing even starts up.14:56
And it only seems to accept contextConfigLocations from the context param (as shown in that link).
And that seems to override the contextConfigLocations declared in the params for individual servlets. Very annoying.
<barmintor>ajs6f: do the servlets in question take an init param for context config location?14:57
<ajs6f>Right— but it seems to be ovverriden by the context param.14:58
Scala would make this all so much better. :)
<barmintor>Boo. CXF makes them child contexts
if Scala is soooo much better, why isn't it linked data?15:02
<ajs6f>That's even better!
At this point, I'm so far up Spring's butt I'm ready to shave Rod Johnson's armpits.15:03
But we've got to have multiple servlets, because we need the Jersey servlet.
* barmintor is impressed with that horrific analogy
<ajs6f>And Spring Security OAuth needs Spring's MVC servlet.
Enjoy my distrubed imagination.
<barmintor>does Fedora 4 support Amazon Single Sign-On?15:04
<ajs6f>Fedora 4 supports EVERYTHING.15:05
Patches welcome.
<cbeer>i'm having trouble getting amazon SSO working with fcrepo4 and glacier. barmintor, can you help me!?15:07
<barmintor>I saw that you have a repo for it in Github, cbeer, but I can't get it to work.15:08
<cbeer>i tried to put the spring in my maven and it didn't go.15:09
i think we need a RDF serialization of the WADL!15:15
<eddies>cbeer: i'm not seeing any of the metrics-jersey annotated measurements in the servlet output15:16
<barmintor>YES!
<ajs6f>Why not OWL?
http://www.w3.org/Submission/WSDL-S/
<eddies>do you recall if you were actually getting those measures out via the @Timed and @Metered methods?
<barmintor>fasseg: sorry this is taking so long, my local tx-reaper had divrged from yours, for some reason15:24
<fasseg>no worries, im in no rush today...15:25
* github-ff joins15:37
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 6 new commits to master: http://git.io/tvA12Q
fcrepo4/master 337c185 fasseg: using @Scheduled annotation to have a transaction timeout mechanism
fcrepo4/master eff2ffc fasseg: added timeout mechanism for transactions and integration test
fcrepo4/master 319f13d fasseg: added commit and rollback methods
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>eddies: i don't think i've seen them working. i think it's the same problem as our metrics servlet -- there just isn't a good way to give our metrics instances to it
<eddies>cbeer: ok, thanks15:38
* ajs6f1 joins15:51
* bljenkins leaves15:54
* ajs6f leaves
<cbeer>ajs6f1: wow, WSDL-S is.. uh..15:57
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#607 (master - d41e3a5 : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/c48657a832dd...d41e3a5ad34b
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7609878
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f1>Damn right.
<awoods>eddies: As a note, when I try to drop the war created by kitchen-sink into tomcat, I get an error due to the <param-name>org.modeshape.jcr.URL</param-name> being defined twice. The second occurrence is from the WebDAV update. However, even with that commented out, the war still fails in tomcat. Has anyone successfully deployed kitchen-sink in a container other than jetty lately?
* bljenkins joins15:58
<ajs6f1>Doesn't it fun on futures6 in Tomcat?
run
<cbeer>yes, it does.
<eddies>awoods: the deploy on futures6 is to tomcat
<cbeer>or, when it runs, it runs.
<eddies>yeah what they ^^ said
awoods: you using tomcat7?15:59
<awoods>tomcat6
<eddies>you need a servlet 3.0 container
<awoods>well well well
thanks16:00
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #332: FAILURE in 3 hr 58 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/332/
<awoods>what features require 3.0?
<ajs6f1>And run it with Java7.
<awoods>just curious.
yes, I am on java7
<eddies>honestly, i don't remember anymore. i know at one point i had in mind servlet registration w/out web.xml16:01
<ajs6f1>Maybe that would help me out of my Spring morass.
<cbeer>was it one of the things we threw at the "drop the jar in" problem?16:03
<awoods>as another data-point, fcrepo-webapp.war deploys fine in tomcat616:04
* nbanks leaves16:05
<ajs6f1>cbeer:Yeah, it was. That was before we got knee-deep in DI.
<cbeer>only knee-deep? hm.16:06
<ajs6f1>I am seriously tempted to redo the web-app (for this OAuth stuff) as annotated servlets. It might be really cool.16:15
afk bbi20-3016:16
<barmintor>what is transaction#rollback supposed to do?16:18
<awoods>eddies: tomcat7 did the trick.
<barmintor>is it supposed to revert the changes, but keep the transaction open?
expire the transaction without persisting?16:19
<pivotal-bot>Gregory Jansen estimated "Identity sequencer for projected nodes" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748291
Gregory Jansen estimated "Index projected nodes into MODE's Lucene index" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748677
Gregory Jansen started "Identity sequencer for projected nodes" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50748291
<barmintor>when you rollback a transaction, should the underlying session be logged out?16:20
<gregjansen>so, I was just going to add a fcrepo-ingest-sequencer project. sound right to you guys?16:21
<ajs6f1>The identity sequencer?
I wouldn't call it "ingest"...16:22
<gregjansen>ah right, identity
<ajs6f1>maybe "copy"?
<gregjansen>it is easier to grok that
<barmintor>I would like to call people's attention to what I just asked, because it's important
<ajs6f1>Ask Frank.
<barmintor>:P
<ajs6f1>Yes, yes it should be logged out. Says me. It should finish the transaction.16:23
And then you stat again.
Now I'm going to have a pipe, having solved yet another confounding riddle.
<gregjansen>I have a feeling this copy-sequencer may not be big enough to warrant it's own project, but I will find out soon enough.16:24
<barmintor>fasseg: when a transaction is rolled back, is it still open?
<fasseg>rollback method should set the state, but lemme check...
<barmintor>this is not what I'm asking
<fasseg>youre asking if the session is still open?16:26
<barmintor>do we intend for a rolled back transaction to be available for new changes?
or should the session be rolled back and loged out?16:27
<fasseg>I dont know actually but I guess throwing away the session would make sesne for a first iteration16:28
since it's less state to worry about
<cbeer>gregjansen: done right, the copy sequencer should be totally independent of fcrepo, so keeping it separate is probably good
<barmintor>so rollback is the same as destroy/discard
<cbeer>+1 to throwing it away16:29
<awoods>sounds reasonable
<gregjansen>cbeer: that makes sense to me
<barmintor>ok
<cbeer>barmintor: i've been building out this http-triples-injector thing
and now i'm wondering if it could/should be lower level than that16:30
it doesn't necessarily care about the http-ness of it all
(the actual mechanics, i mean.. the things that add the triples do care about the JAX-RS uriinfo stuff)
if i push it lower, it might be a way to add whatever arbitrary triples to the graph (e.g. things not in the jcr properties)16:31
<barmintor>cbeer: are you thinking we just wire more property sources into the Jena bits?16:32
<cbeer>yeah.. and move some of the hard-coded ones out into these bean things.16:33
something to think about, at least. i'll wrap this up as an http-level thing first16:34
* kaarefc joins16:35
<barmintor>ok, new TX question: commit should also end the transaction, right?16:37
(assuming we're using SQL-ish semantics)
<cbeer>+1
<awoods>+116:38
<barmintor>just FYI: jcr.Session#refresh(false) discards unpersisted changes
* github-ff joins16:39
[fcrepo-kitchen-sink] awoods created aw-tmp-dirs-50763849 (+1 new commit): http://git.io/5lrknQ
fcrepo-kitchen-sink/aw-tmp-dirs-50763849 3e83b40 Andrew Woods: Control the creation of application temp directories via system properties.
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:42
[fcrepo-kitchen-sink] awoods opened pull request #3: Control the creation of application temp directories via system properties (master...aw-tmp-dirs-50763849) http://git.io/aUiqrw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods added comment: "Resolved with https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/pull/3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5076384916:43
<cbeer>awoods: does that belong in webapp too?
<awoods>I made that update to webapp before: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/684825/stories/4614232916:44
<cbeer>ah, cool. missed that
<pivotal-bot>Andrew Woods accepted "Remove crappy temp files that leak into the container directory: kitchen-sink" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50763849
<gregjansen>sequencer is a weird fit for a copier, given that watches at the property level and not the node. where would I go about asking the mode folks about our case?16:45
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-kitchen-sink] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/CPf3rA
fcrepo-kitchen-sink/master 1ce5819 Chris Beer: Merge pull request #3 from futures/aw-tmp-dirs-50763849...
* github-ff leaves
<gregjansen>i guess irc probably16:47
<cbeer>does it have to be properties?16:48
<awoods>You can not set up sequencers to watch properties? https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Sequencing
<gregjansen>the callback is just for a property.. we could grab the node from there, but I think the watched paths may have to be property expressions.16:50
<cbeer>nope.
* kaarefc leaves16:51
<cbeer>that's weird though16:52
i wonder if you have a node, you get a property that wraps the node
<gregjansen>can a property wrap a node?16:53
<cbeer>yep
Property#getNode()
<gregjansen>oh right, references16:54
So I could create a reference to, let's say a federated node, in the destination nt:folder.. then the sequencer could pick that up.16:55
<cbeer>oh, but:
// It's possible we should also be looking at other types of events (like property removed or
// node added/changed/removed events), but this is consistent with the 2.x behavior.
oh well. there's some properties that are guarenteed to be there, i guess16:56
<fasseg>the fixity webapp includes jacoco via the fcrepo4 paretn and throws a lot of "IllegalClassFormatException: Error while instrumenting class..." and setting "<skip>true</true>" for the fixity webapp doesn't help
has nayone seen these before?
I think it's because I include a war for the failsafe tests via maven-dependencies-plugin16:57
which is already instrumented
<ajs6f1>Like I said in the call, the sequencer thing really seems designed for "breaking apart" opaque data into JCR bits. Not so much for general moving stuff around and organizing it.16:58
All of their examples act on what we would call datastreams.
<gregjansen>yeah, that's what I see17:00
<ajs6f1>Doesn't mean we can't use it, just that it may take some shoehorning.17:02
And maybe we should talk to the MODE guys to let them know where we're pushing boundaries.
Fedora 4: Shoehorning.
<cbeer>i also suspect from that comment, they'd be happy with a PR to add nodes17:03
<ajs6f1>Aye.
The projection DSL is ready to handle that.
But their Sequencer contract would have to be widened a smidge.17:04
Maybe to accept JCR Item instead of Property.
<cbeer>or, again, wrap nodes in properties.
<ajs6f1>Yeah, but that… I dunno. That feels a little weird.
<cbeer>but doesn't break compatibility
<ajs6f1>No. True.
<gregjansen>I've just asked #modeshape
<ajs6f1>Although widening to Item shouldn't break compat either.17:05
Old Sequencers would still work.
As long as you use appropriate config.
(Which would be the same config you use now.)
<cbeer>oh, true
<ajs6f1>Yay for the Liskov principle!17:06
* awoods leaves
* awoods joins17:07
<barmintor>ajs6f1: since you're not in code4lib, https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-java-driver/blob/master/src/main/com/mongodb/ConnectionStatus.java#L21317:09
<ajs6f1>Schrodinger's datastore.
* ff-github joins17:12
[fcrepo-fixity] fasseg pushed 2 new commits to fixity-rdf: http://git.io/JcXr8A
fcrepo-fixity/fixity-rdf e7a1fd0 fasseg: added integration test skeleton
fcrepo-fixity/fixity-rdf c3d3669 fasseg: updated the rest of fcrepo client to use rdf responses and added some integration tests
* ff-github leaves
<ajs6f1>The Servlet 3.0 annotations are much better than XML deployment descriptors. I wonder if Spring can use them effectively.
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #206: STILL FAILING in 46 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/206/
<ajs6f1>Not to speak of asynch requests.17:14
<pivotal-bot>Frank Asseg added comment: "I have added the test skeleton to the fixity-rdf branch and will create a pull request for those two tickets" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50647767
<gregjansen>so the news from #modeshape is that there are no events fired for filesystem nodes.. so a sequencer waiting for federated nodes to change can wait a very long time..17:15
of course if we created a reference property on a normal node, we would indeed see that event17:16
<ajs6f1>That's exactly what MODE-1710 addresses/17:17
Frank and I made it so that federated nodes _do_ fire events.
We just have to get the pull request done, although we (Fedora) can use the code now.
Yay! Spring >3.1 can use the Servlet 3.0 way of dong things:17:18
http://blog.codeleak.pl/2011/06/spring-31-mvc-xml-free-configuration-in.html
I think that's what I'll try. It should get me around all this contextConfigurationLocation nonsense.
<gregjansen>I hey, well that's cool. I am going to hold back on informing my #modeshape expert that his code is changing..17:19
<ajs6f1>Fedora: Too fast for itself.17:20
<cbeer>gregjansen: rhauch is the lead dev on modeshape17:21
and i think knows or used to know about 1710
<ajs6f1>Yes, he helped us get it started, and he and hchiorean had a long conversation with barmintor and myself about the specifics.
<gregjansen>eh, I didn't identify myself as a fedora crazy, so he might not have wanted to reveal the change..17:22
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/9tWKZw
fcrepo4/master f3c6e76 Chris Beer: update webhooks to use fcr: namespace
fcrepo4/master e308b39 Chris Beer: update rss to use fcr: namespace
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f1>gregjansen: Don't you wear your red Fedora fex everywhere?17:23
<gregjansen>so is that why we're java7 then, amongst other things?
<ajs6f1>s/fex/fez
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer created http-component-injectors (+1 new commit): http://git.io/ehwLNQ
fcrepo4/http-component-injectors 070d7c4 Chris Beer: add a way for modules to inject triples into the describe responses for a resource (to add e.g. HATEOS responsess)
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f1>Eh? What does Java7 have to do with it?
<gregjansen>awoods made me turn off my camera
watching filesystems17:24
<ajs6f1>Oh, no, we made that decision long ago, but that was a nice benefit.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #68: add a way for modules to inject triples into the describe responses for ... (master...http-component-injectors) http://git.io/HIdh9A
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>if we're going to be on the bleeding edge, it better be a sharp one.17:25
<ajs6f1>We are the bleeding edge. That's why I have so many shaving cuts.17:26
I'm out for the day. See y'all tomorrow.
* ajs6f1 leaves
<cbeer>hm. this is curious: http://square.github.io/retrofit/17:33
<gregjansen>cbeer: neat way to write a plugin for a service17:35
* nbanks joins
<gregjansen>ciao eh17:37
* gregjansen leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/68" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/50741659
* nbanks leaves17:40
* travis-ci joins17:44
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#608 (master - e308b39 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/d41e3a5ad34b...e308b39041e8
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7613055
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer finished "Tidy up HTML implementation to ensure all data we want "designed" is exposed" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/5074165918:11
<barmintor>unit testing finds bugs18:20
* github-ff joins18:37
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/qUk_Ng
fcrepo4/master 291d0eb Benjamin Armintor: finish unit testing FedoraTransactions and debug expiration, refactor Transaction state to not rely on client code, Transaction#rollback and Transaction#commit now end internal sessions as appropriate, unit test Transaction
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>barmintor++18:49
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!18:51
Project fcrepo4 build #718: FIXED in 13 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/718/
armintor: finish unit testing FedoraTransactions and debug expiration, refactor Transaction state to not rely on client code, Transaction#rollback and Transaction#commit now end internal sessions as appropriate, unit test Transaction
Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #35: STILL FAILING in 29 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/35/18:52
<barmintor>ok, that's it for me. closng that ticket and going home19:05
<pivotal-bot>Benjamin Armintor added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/291d0eb39d1c2f012799d2f2b03176dcfa3840d0" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4986661119:06
Benjamin Armintor delivered "Create a timeout mechanism for transactions" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/49866611
* barmintor leaves19:07
* nbanks joins19:36
* nbanks leaves19:41
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #333: STILL FAILING in 5 hr 10 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/333/21:11
Yippie, build fixed!21:17
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #334: FIXED in 5 min 55 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/334/
* nbanks joins22:38
* nbanks leaves22:43
* github-ff joins23:30
[fcrepo4] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/d525iQ
fcrepo4/master acfb0f2 Edwin Shin: Corrects the spelling of "servlet" in servlet definition of jersey-servlet
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity-corrupter build #36: STILL FAILING in 1 min 53 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity-corrupter/36/23:55
* travis-ci joins00:13
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#611 (master - acfb0f2 : Edwin Shin): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/291d0eb39d1c...acfb0f20148e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/7620097
* travis-ci leaves
* nbanks joins00:39
* nbanks leaves00:43

Generated by Sualtam