Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector build #7: SUCCESS in 5 min 3 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/7/00:37
* nbanks joins00:44
* nbanks leaves00:50
* travis-ci joins00:54
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#379 (master - 3ed74f9 : Edwin Shin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/05cad008df47...3ed74f902539
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6463245
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #387: UNSTABLE in 20 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/387/00:58
Edwin Shin: minor: cleans up unused imports
Project fcrepo-fixity build #173: FAILURE in 11 hr: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/173/01:15
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #182: FAILURE in 11 hr: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/182/
Yippie, build fixed!01:22
Project fcrepo-fixity build #174: FIXED in 6 min 31 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/174/
Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #183: FIXED in 6 min 20 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/183/
* anusha joins02:17
* kaarefc joins02:49
* fasseg joins04:14
morning!
* kaarefc leaves04:18
* kaarefc joins05:05
* github-ff joins05:08
[fcrepo4] fasseg pushed 11 new commits to master: http://git.io/DKffcw
fcrepo4/master 010d315 fasseg: added integration test infrastrucutre and switched fcrepo-legacy-api to a jersey impl
fcrepo4/master 33c321d fasseg: switched http-api to jersey and changed http-api integration tests to use grizzly
fcrepo4/master ad92a18 fasseg: switched RSSPublisher to Jersey impl and changed integration test to use grizzly
* github-ff leaves
* fasseg hopes for a clean CI build
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #388: FAILURE in 13 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/388/05:21
* frank asseg: added integration test infrastrucutre and switched fcrepo-legacy-api to a jersey impl
* frank asseg: switched http-api to jersey and changed http-api integration tests to use grizzly
* frank asseg: switched RSSPublisher to Jersey impl and changed integration test to use grizzly
* frank asseg: changed webapp, generators-rdf and webhooks to jersey impl and switched integration tests to use grizzly
* frank asseg: added spring-web as a test-scoped dep
* frank asseg: removed test-scope and moved dependencies
* frank asseg: Cleaned out CXF stuff and moved version control to fcrepo/pom.xml
* frank asseg: fixed some versions in dependency management, bumped guava version to 14
* frank asseg: changed spring-aop version on the parent level and hoping for the best
* frank asseg: Added CXF excluder rule
* frank asseg: rebased master, and had to fix some imports
* travis-ci joins05:24
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#380 (master - 161176e : fasseg): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3ed74f902539...161176e28b87
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6467080
* travis-ci leaves
<fasseg>hmm jenkins is unable to deploy on soantype's maven server....05:27
eddies: Do I have to do something special for the deployment on sonatype's maven server? Since Jenkins says: Could not transfer artifact org.fcrepo:fcrepo:pom:4.0-20130419.092117-241 from/to sonatype-nexus-snapshots05:28
<eddies>are you using the credentials i emailed out?05:29
wait, sonatype's maven server?
or our maven repo?
for the sonatype nexus server, you need to register an account and get added to org.fcrepo group05:30
i emailed everyone about that months ago to do
<fasseg>But jenkins should hvae the credentials right?05:31
<eddies>i supposeā€¦i'mnot sure how chris configured that05:32
<fasseg>checking atm...05:33
eddies: can you start a build pls? http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/view/FF/job/fcrepo4/build?delay=0sec and if it works tell me if you got something configured in your user settings on jenkins?05:50
* kaarefc leaves
<fasseg>but it seems jenkins uses /home/tomcat/.m2/settings.xml and I don't know if that has to be changed by hand or if I can add some user settings and the xml file will be generted by jenkins05:51
errr can you guys log into https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#welcome .... I can't anymore, although https://issues.sonatype.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa still works for me05:59
<eddies>fasseg: that settings.xml is using the correct username & password06:00
it's the deploy user i had set up for chris awhile back
<fasseg>ah ok06:01
<eddies>and i just tested logging into the sonatype nexus web ui with those credentials
<fasseg>so can you log into sontype's nexus atm? since I can't and I also can't reset my passwd
<eddies>yes. i just did that
<fasseg>hmpf
hm yeah works for me too now06:03
ill just reschedule a build and hope for the best ;)
* nbanks joins06:05
<eddies>i just updated the nexus password and updated settings.xml on jenkins, too06:06
<fasseg>cool so im keeping my fingers crossed...06:07
* kaarefc joins06:12
* kaarefc leaves06:19
* kaarefc joins06:26
<anusha>guys, my local tests have suddenly started failing. SO I did mvn clean and I get the error the following error06:29
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty:jar is missing. @ line 54, column 17
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs:jar is missing. @ line 58, column 17
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers:jar is missing. @ line 63, column 17
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!
Project fcrepo4 build #389: FIXED in 25 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/389/
Project fcrepo-client build #171: FAILURE in 37 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-client/171/06:30
<anusha>fasseg: eddies: help Please. Hoping it's not something I've done06:31
<fasseg>anusha, can you try to pull again i just did a rather large merge06:32
and cxf is completely out of the project now, and adam even added it to the enforcer rules06:33
<anusha>fasseg: pull fcrepo4
<fasseg>yep
fcrepo-client fails now on jenkins, since it seems to depend on cxf as well...06:34
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #184: SUCCESS in 4 min 10 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/184/06:35
* jonathangee leaves06:43
<eddies>anusha: this is the latest fcrepo4 that's failing?
<anusha>eddies: no my stuff
<fasseg>ah ok and you are usinf fcrepo-client? or a CXF client?
<anusha>I just pull fcrepo4 and installed it. My tests are still failing. From what fasseg said, may be I need to upadte my pom and remove the cxf stuff06:44
I am using cxf for jetty
<eddies>oh. anusha's connector would have the fcrepo4 pom as its parent, which defines a lot of the dependencies
and w/ fasseg's latest merge, there's no more cxf06:45
anusha: fasseg switched out cxf for jersey (jersey right? not resteasy)
so i think anusha should probably switch cxf out as well06:46
<fasseg>right
but the cxf client should still ork
*work
<eddies>fasseg: can you point anusha to an example pom in one of the fcrepo4 submodules to use as an example?
<fasseg>i think we're just missing the version now, since it's not in fcrepo4-parent any more as a dependeny management entry06:47
sure..sec
<eddies>well, it *can* work, but she would have to add cxf dependencies with versions explicitly
<fasseg>right
<eddies>but might as well be consistent and use jersey for the client stuff
<fasseg>and I'll take a lookat fcrepo-client
<eddies>i'm about to step out to meet w/ someone06:48
<fasseg>anusha: What are you using from cxf? i.e. if you remove the cxf dependency from the pom, what classes are you missing?
since i don't have an example ready for the client usage, I still have to switch fcrepo-client to jersey client i guess..06:49
<anusha>fasseg: i'll do that and let you know. The link to my pom is https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-databank-modeshape-federation-connector/blob/master/pom.xml
<fasseg>k, th
hmm try just removing them and rebuild pls ;)
that's just the server stuff it seems to me06:50
and then ill have an example for you...
<anusha>fasseg: Commenting them worked. Thanks!06:51
<fasseg>cool but you might miss some endpoints now, since the spring xml has to be tuned a bit normally...06:52
<anusha>ah, I will keep that in mind06:54
<fasseg>im just writing a small documentation on how to switch jax-rs impls...06:55
<anusha>thanks, I will test your doc :)06:56
<fasseg>anusha:07:13
hmpf forgot to link
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Switching+Jax-RS+implementation+from+CXF+to+Jersey
eddies: btw I added the creation of a test-jar to fcrepo-http-commons, but we should probably have something like fcrepo-test-framework for easy integration by 3rd parties...07:15
https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-generator-rdf/pom.xml#L4207:16
and https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-http-commons/pom.xml#L101
just needed for the ContainerWrapper at the moment though..07:17
<anusha>fasseg: off for lunch now. Will get back and edit the pom07:29
<fasseg>bon apetit
* anusha_ joins07:32
* anusha_ leaves
* ppound joins07:36
* jonathangee joins08:10
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!08:27
Project fcrepo-client build #172: FIXED in 2 min 29 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-client/172/
frank asseg: removed cxf dependency and changed path expectations to include 'rest/'
Project fcrepo-fixity build #175: SUCCESS in 3 min 47 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/175/08:31
* VincentNG joins08:46
* kaarefc leaves09:03
* anusha leaves09:10
* anusha joins09:33
* ap2972 joins09:45
* ppound leaves09:55
* ppound joins09:58
* ajs6f joins10:00
* ap2972 leaves
* ap2972 joins10:01
<cbeer>ajs6f: there's nothing in the java stdlib for concatenating iterables, right? that's all in guava or other 3rd party libraries10:06
* ppound leaves
<ajs6f>cbeer: I think that's true. When I've done it I've used guava's types. Which are quite nice.)
* ppound joins10:07
<cbeer>yeah.. not sure i want to bring guava in as a modeshape dependency
guess i'll just do the non-performant thing for now
<ajs6f>Oh, are you working inside MODE?10:10
<cbeer>yes
or i'll just pull in guava and make someone else remove it. this is obnoxious.
<ajs6f>Might want to check in #modeshape, because they've got a lot going on in modeshape-commons and may have third party stuff they've already got in play.
<cbeer>noe. but at least that'd be a place to write the class to do this10:12
* ajs6f leaves10:13
<cbeer>o.m.c.AbstractProblems10:15
i hate AbstractProblems.
<VincentNG>cbeer: when we do /federate?from=myHSMFederation to project federated content into a JCR node, do we only want to project one node/datastream? not multiple right?10:18
if so, wouldn't we pass something like federated path in the "from" param?
<cbeer>no opinion. i assumed it'd be one node, and the federated path could be calculated.10:20
* anusha leaves10:21
<fasseg>cbeer: first answer here is a simple java impl of Iterator.merge: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3610261/is-it-possible-to-merge-iterators-in-java10:22
<VincentNG>if it's one node, what would we be passing in then?
that we can get the path from?
<fasseg>arg but you'd have to implement next() and stuff...blergh
<cbeer>VincentNG: we're talking about https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47373777 ?
<pivotal-bot>feature: Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a node (started) / owner: Vincent Nguyen
* ajs6f joins10:23
<VincentNG>cbeer: yes
assuming we have defined multiple external sources, what would pass into the rest endpoint?
<fasseg>java 8 gets a concat it seems: http://download.java.net/lambda/b62/docs/api/java/util/Iterators.html
<cbeer>i'm not sure how much sense that ticket makes given how we've done our bagit connector10:24
but i assumed it'd go something like this:
a client sends POST /objects/pid/federate?from=myFederationStore
<VincentNG>but what would be an example of a value for "myFederationStore"?
<cbeer>fcrepo4 goes and looks in the defined federation for myFederationStore and tries to map the pid into a directory or something
myFederationStore is an id for one of the configured federations.10:25
<VincentNG>but doesn't that point to a "directory" and not a single file source?
<cbeer>yes.10:26
so, if it was a plain filesystem
<VincentNG>so we add the "directoy" as a datastream?
<cbeer>i assume we'd look at the federation for a directory named after our pid
or use some mapping layer to find it
and just project that onto the /objects/pid node
but, like i said, maybe that's nonsense given how we're doing federation10:27
<VincentNG>so you're assuming that there's a resource named "pid" under "myFederationStore"?
<cbeer>yes. however we determine that.10:28
i assume external sources have some way to list objects within it
<ajs6f>cbeer: I don't think they do.10:30
Check the class Connector.
<cbeer>ajs6f: so you just poke it with ids and hope you get something back?
<ajs6f>But maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.
afk back for standup
<VincentNG>cbeer: ya, given the way we're doing the bagit connector, i'm not sure if that makes sense10:32
* anusha joins10:33
* anusha leaves10:37
* anusha joins10:50
* ap2972 leaves10:56
<ajs6f>cbeer: To my knowledge, yes. Remember, the whole federation thing is supposed to disengage MODE from whatever is happening in the external source. But we should check this.10:57
* ppound leaves
* ap2972 joins10:58
<ajs6f>cbeer: checking now.
cbeer: in:10:59
https://github.com/ModeShape/modeshape/blob/master/modeshape-jcr/src/main/java/org/modeshape/jcr/federation/spi/Connector.java
I don't see any way to iterate.
* ppound joins11:01
<VincentNG>ajs6f: so given the id of a defined externalSource, how do i get a node under that federated source?11:03
<ajs6f>vincentng: You mean from itsConnector?11:04
getDocumentById()
<VincentNG>no, from our api or something
so a source called "myfilesystem" using the filesystem connector projected to /objects.11:05
<ajs6f>The same way you would get any other node.
<VincentNG>how do i get the projected node of /objects/whateverfiles
oops
<ajs6f>I don't think I understand the question.11:06
?
<eddies>cbeer: you joining?
<VincentNG>i mean how do i get info on the "myfilesystem" like where it's projected to...
<cbeer>no. interview this morning.
working on https://gist.github.com/cbeer/c1480d4ad96499f0687e
<VincentNG>let me revise my question after the standup
<ajs6f>Just got kicked out of hangout11:09
&(^&(^(^(11:10
Again!
https://github.com/ajs6f/node-goes-from-federated-to-ispn/tree/clustered11:12
<VincentNG>https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/tree/inlinebagit11:24
<ajs6f>kicked out again11:30
<eddies>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/ModeShape+Clustering
<VincentNG>afk11:35
* barmintor joins11:37
<cbeer>modeshape--11:51
all these stupid abstract classes11:52
<VincentNG>ajs6f: what i meant to ask you before, was: given the ID of a defined externalSource, is there a way to get the value defined in "directoryPath" and "projections"?13:00
<cbeer>ajs6f: how crazy does this seem? https://github.com/futures/modeshape/pull/213:02
<ajs6f>in a meeting righ tnow, will answer in a bit13:03
* kaarefc joins13:05
<barmintor>why am I not getting transitive dependencies from my test scope dependencies?13:14
Grr.
* jonathangee leaves13:23
<eddies>barmintor: you're not running into http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1378 are you?13:34
<barmintor>Maybe- I'm just pulling the damned things in13:35
<eddies>are you pulling in a test-jar?
<barmintor>does that mean package:jaar scope:test, or is it something else?13:36
<eddies>i.e., i seem to recall that somewhere we produce a jar with test classifier (maybe kernel or http-commons)
<barmintor>yeah, I'm trying to depend on http-commons via http-api
<eddies>but you're just depending on the regular http-commons, not the http-commons with <classifier>test</classifier>13:37
actually, http-commons doesn't produce a test jar
it's fcrepo-kernel
<barmintor>well, I was depending on http-api, and trying to pull in the test deps
<eddies>so i guess, nm
<barmintor>yeah
not really worth troubling yourself about13:38
VincentNG: I don't know if you saw the new project I started, but I think we want to move all of this federation stuff out of fcrepo-http-api
<eddies>i have endured so much suffering with maven, i can't bear to see others brought down by it if i can help it
<barmintor>it's making the deps too complicated
<VincentNG>barmintor: you mean the ITs?13:39
<barmintor>all of it
the JAXRS resource and its ITs
oh, wait13:40
it's in the wrong owner
one second
VincentNG: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-http-federation13:41
we'll make that depend on fcrepo-http-api and the bagit connector when it works
(grabbing a soda)
<VincentNG>ok13:42
thanks
* fasseg leaves13:46
* anusha leaves
* anusha joins14:06
* ajs6f leaves14:22
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer started "Add support in MODE for multiple binary stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Chris Beer finished "Add support in MODE for multiple binary stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/modeshape/pull/2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Chris Beer edited "Add support in MODE for multiple binary stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Chris Beer added "Add a hasKey? interface to the Modeshape BinaryStore interface (if that's even a good idea)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4842188314:23
Chris Beer added "Update the ChainingBinaryStore to enforce key-uniqueness across stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48421923
<eddies>ppound: what video connector do we need for the projector you're bringing14:25
(vga/dvi/hdmi)?14:26
<ppound>eddies: i'll check
vga
i have an adapter for a mac as well14:27
* github-ff joins14:28
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/IZ-atQ
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 9dc6910 Benjamin Armintor: begin inlining bagit to fix lib incompat around commons-io
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master ae0898b Benjamin Armintor: inlining bagit libs
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector build #8: FAILURE in 1 min 44 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/8/14:29
<ppound>eddies: vga
<pivotal-bot>Edwin Shin added comment: "Given two binary stores, B1 and B2, should this allow us to to a) add content to either store, b) add content..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4828887314:30
* barmintor leaves
<eddies>ppound: ok. i'll make sure i bring an adapter for my mac. does the projector come w/ a vga cable or do we need to source one ourselves?14:31
<ppound>i have a cable
eddies: i have a cable
<eddies>ok. perfect
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "this work is explicitly not supporting "b) add content to both stores". I'm not sure what use-case you envisi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4828887314:33
Chris Beer added comment: "we can add something to support c), but it seems pretty low priority until we get this hooked up and see that..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4828887314:35
Edwin Shin added "Describe should indicate cluster configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4842314714:37
Chris Beer added comment: "(and they should be opened as new tickets for enhancement)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Edwin Shin edited "Describe should indicate cluster configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48423147
Chris Beer added "Send our ChainingBinaryStore pull request upstream for comment." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4842329114:39
Chris Beer estimated "Send our ChainingBinaryStore pull request upstream for comment." as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48423291
Edwin Shin added comment: "I just wanted some more clarity about the scope of what could be supported and if the hints were a limiting f..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48288873
Edwin Shin delivered "JMeter delete objects return spurious 404s" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4745771314:40
Edwin Shin accepted "JMeter delete objects return spurious 404s" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47457713
Edwin Shin accepted "Remove old code related to keeping track of repo size" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47758917
Chris Beer added comment: "Right now the hints are limited "hey ChainingBinaryStore, store this thing in your child BinaryStore x"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4828887314:41
Edwin Shin added comment: "Adam, can you link to a particular commit to review?" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48324269
* VincentNG leaves15:18
* VincentNG joins
<pivotal-bot>A. "Forbulo" Soroka added comment: "I can do _anything_!" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4832426915:22
A. "Forbulo" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/d58545d4cea0e6151f3fb5de2e1786188a54f9fb" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48324269
<cbeer>wtf. looks like we lost commits when the jersey stuff got merged in?15:42
ah, fasseg did something weird fixing up merge conflicts15:44
* github-ff joins15:47
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/OttmlA
fcrepo4/master 1420263 Chris Beer: Re-apply 'clean up style errors after removal of bookkeeping synchronous code', which was reverted by 010d3152c2
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>fasseg--
i wonder how many other commits got dropped.15:48
* github-ff joins15:51
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/toXnuw
fcrepo4/master 3726cab Chris Beer: reapply 'remove synchronous updateRepositorySize...' which got reverted too.
* github-ff leaves
<eddies>cbeer: we lost commits?16:02
from fasseg's merge/rebase?
<cbeer>eddies: fasseg and ajs6f did something weird merging that stuff in
i think they ignored merge conflicts or something
<eddies>hrm16:03
<cbeer>i noticed 05cad00 and efc3e7709 got screwed up
* ppound leaves
<cbeer>i probably should have checked your commits too
7eb45d08f2 looked ok though
* travis-ci joins16:06
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#381 (master - 1420263 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/161176e28b87...14202633c47e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6481926
* travis-ci leaves
<eddies>and 0181f324f353d3b345027b8b3f490cea7a78cc1f was the major thing i did yesterday, which still seems to be there. and would have been easy enough to re-do
<cbeer>yeah, i think they just didn't fix merge conflicts
* nbanks leaves16:07
<eddies>you have a local copy of the repo before fasseg/ajs6f merged?
<cbeer>yeah, and i just cherry-picked my changes16:08
i'm just annoyed.
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#382 (master - 3726cab : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/14202633c47e...3726cabbabf3
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6482030
* travis-ci leaves
<eddies>i'm glad you noticed16:11
<cbeer>i was looking at sonar.. gonna do some docs16:12
hm. there's something fishy about https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/master/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/FedoraObject.java#L5416:16
unless we only ever call that method to create a FedoraObject i guess..16:17
ouch16:26
return new NextPid(copyOf(transform(create(closed(1, numPids),
integers()), pidMinter.makePid())));
* VincentNG leaves16:27
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #391: UNSTABLE in 22 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/391/16:31
Chris Beer: reapply 'remove synchronous updateRepositorySize...' which got reverted too.
* github-ff joins16:36
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/Qo7c4Q
fcrepo4/master 47f9f49 Chris Beer: javadocs
fcrepo4/master 9280b55 Chris Beer: only set the ownerid, lastmodified, etc if this object is new
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!16:53
Project fcrepo4 build #392: FIXED in 17 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/392/
* Chris Beer: javadocs
* Chris Beer: only set the ownerid, lastmodified, etc if this object is new
* jonathangee joins16:56
* travis-ci joins16:57
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#383 (master - 9280b55 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/3726cabbabf3...9280b5546fd5
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6483050
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #185: SUCCESS in 3 min 30 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/185/16:58
Project fcrepo-fixity build #176: SUCCESS in 3 min 55 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/176/17:00
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/modeshape/commit/4b833ae6bcbfd3fd067943d04ed15b376535f9f2" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4842192317:01
Chris Beer finished "Update the ChainingBinaryStore to enforce key-uniqueness across stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48421923
* ap2972 leaves17:08
* github-ff joins17:10
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/eg8_wA
fcrepo4/master 2973753 Chris Beer: use a different named cache for binary data than other modeshape data
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/2973753" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48254743
Chris Beer finished "Configure a second named cache" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48254743
Chris Beer estimated "Use separate named caches for metadata and binary stores" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4834877117:11
Chris Beer started "Use separate named caches for metadata and binary stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48348771
Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/2973753" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48348771
Chris Beer finished "Use separate named caches for metadata and binary stores" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48348771
Chris Beer deleted "Crank up the MINIMUM_BINARY_SIZE_IN_BYTES as appropriate" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48348591
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #186: SUCCESS in 2 min 45 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/186/17:29
Project fcrepo-fixity build #177: SUCCESS in 3 min 55 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/177/17:32
* anusha leaves
<cbeer>eddies: ping?17:37
<eddies>cbeer: pong17:38
<cbeer>(how aren't you asleep?)
so, we killed CXF
but..
<eddies>i'm kinda not really awake ;-)
<cbeer>oh, i bet they didn't fix up the kitchen sink config17:39
anyway, there's some lingering cxf references in configs
i assume anything that says cxf should be removed
right?
<eddies>yeah
oh you mean in the config files that are littered around, yeah17:40
<cbeer>and it looks like none of the jaxrs:server stuff needs to be carried over
ah, the full path gets coded into the jax-rs classes now
hm. i don't know how to do some of this configuration17:44
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-bagit-object-serialization build #6: FAILURE in 3 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-bagit-object-serialization/6/17:50
Project fcrepo-object-serialization build #8: FAILURE in 5 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-object-serialization/8/17:58
Project fcrepo-sequencer-archives build #2: FAILURE in 5.7 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-sequencer-archives/2/17:59
<cbeer>figures.18:01
<pivotal-bot>Chris Beer added comment: "Remaining CXF cruft in some of the spring files; lots of CXF left in the kitchen sink, object serialization, ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4832426918:38
Chris Beer rejected "Configure Jersey/Grizzly dependency management and remove CXF leftovers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48324269
Chris Beer started "Policy-driven BinaryStore-backed cache" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4825133718:39
Chris Beer deleted "Policy-driven BinaryKey generator" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48252257
Chris Beer added comment: "moveValue: https://github.com/futures/modeshape/blob/chained-binary-store/modeshape-jcr/src/main/java/org/mod..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4825268718:40
Chris Beer finished "Copy node from one Infinispan cache to another" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48252687
Chris Beer added "Create a storage policy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4843741918:41
Chris Beer edited "Create a storage policy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/48437419