Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins00:57
* kaarefc leaves01:13
* kaarefc joins01:40
* kaarefc leaves02:00
* kaarefc joins02:28
* kaarefc leaves04:04
* kaarefc joins04:10
* eddies leaves04:30
* eddies joins04:39
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* kaarefc leaves05:12
* kaarefc joins05:39
* cbeer_ joins06:37
* cbeer leaves06:39
* fasseg joins07:34
hola
* VincentNG joins08:09
* ajs6f joins08:58
eddies: we're sure for the Salem house?08:59
<eddies>yep. i paid for it
so i hope you're all coming ;-)
<ajs6f>Can we burn some witches while we're there? Isn't that like a big tourist thing in Salem?09:00
<eddies>i think rising cost of oil has dampened that activity somewhat09:01
<ajs6f>eddies: What's th actual street address?
<eddies>i dunno =) i just put "john edwards house" in google maps09:02
<ajs6f>Okay, if that works. I'm just trying to put together directions from Boston (I'll be on the train/)
<eddies>google claims: 49 Summer Street09:03
Salem, MA 01970
<ajs6f>Hm. Google just shows "Henry Derby House". That's the b &* b next door?
Oh, cool.
<eddies>yep09:04
i'm getting us a room there too
looks like ~14hrs by train from c-ville
<ajs6f>I'm only worried about Boston-Salem: that's looks like about an hour.09:05
<eddies>yah
<ajs6f>Yeah, it's around 8 hours train time with a break in NYC.09:07
Not too badd.
I think the regionals now have wifi.
* kaarefc leaves09:16
* ajs6f leaves09:18
* ajs6f joins09:23
* ajs6f leaves09:30
* ap2972 joins09:37
* escowles joins09:38
* ajs6f joins09:44
<escowles>eddies: looks like the 459 bus doesn't run on weekends: http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/bus/routes/?route=459&direction=O&timing=U09:47
<eddies>ah
<ajs6f>Google is telling me that you can take the train from downtown B all the way to Salem. Are you guys calculating from the airport?
<eddies>yeah, i was calc'ing from logan09:48
gotta run.
<ajs6f>If you can't take the bus, you're going to run from the airport to Salem? Holy crap!
* eddies leaves09:49
<escowles>ajs6f: i was starting from logan at 4pm, google sez to take the blue line to wonderland and then bus 450 up to salem (1hr 14min)09:50
<ajs6f>Oh, if you're coming from Logan, I know nothing. I try to stay as far as I can from airports. They just slow you down.
escowles: did you put BagInfoExtraPropertyStore into the kernel?10:00
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<ajs6f>It belongs in fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
<escowles>yes -- i'm moving it there right now
<ajs6f>Rock on.
Is anyone else coming from downtown Boston on Sunday evening?10:02
<escowles>i'm trying to build fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector right now and getting an error that it can't find the test object -- the test obj dir exists with some test datastreams & json files, is there something i need to setup so it can find it?10:03
<ajs6f>No, the test is supposed to be failing right now.
We've got the make it succeed . :)
TDD FTW!
Sort of.10:04
<escowles>ok, i'll add the BagInfoPropertyStore impl and not worry about that test not passing
<ajs6f>Sure. That's an i-test, so if you want to ignore you can do that from the Maven command line. That'll keep your unit test(s) running.
* ajs6f leaves10:16
* ajs6f joins10:18
* barmintor joins10:21
<fasseg>eddies: my gf is in pain atm and i will drive her to the hospital. so I probably wont be available for the standup...sry10:26
<VincentNG>ajs6f: when we define a federated store, should we project to a separate workspace or the default 'fedora' workspace?
fasseg: sorry to hear that, hope she's ok
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "I believe there were two design goals (undocumented, sorry) behind sending the DELETEs first: ""10:28
- it leaves th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47457713
<cbeer_>ajs6f: i'm trying to come into boston sunday evening.10:29
<ajs6f>VIa downtown?10:31
vincentng: I think we federate into the same workspace.
We have no Fedora-specific idea of the meaning of "workspace" in the JCR sense.
<VincentNG>ok, thanks
<ajs6f>Yet.
<cbeer_>ajs6f: via BOS, but close enough.10:32
<ajs6f>fasseg: Hope everyhting turns out all right.
cbeer: DO you want to try to head up together? I'll be at SOuth Street Station by around 7:15.
I was thikning to try to get the Newburyport/Rockport Line10:33
.
to Salem. It takes you all the way there very quickly.
<cbeer_>ajs6f: i think i'm getting in later than that
<ajs6f>Like when?
<cbeer_>checking (and, unconfirmed. i think our AA was out part of last week)
<ajs6f>AA?
<cbeer_>8:41
<ajs6f>Let me check the train schedules.10:34
<cbeer_>admin asst
<ajs6f>Ah.
The Newburyport/Rockport Line leaves North Station at 8:30 and then at 10:15. That's a little late.
Let me see what else is available.
No, that's the only commuter rail to Salem.10:35
Hm. What about buses.
<cbeer_>nah, if you're at south station, you should grab that commuter rail line.10:37
(red to orange, not red to green)
<ajs6f>Well, I have to get to North Station to take it. I was just going to walk to Downtown from South Station and take the Orange to North Station. Is that crazy?10:38
<cbeer_>about a mile. and not exactly straightforward or flat.10:39
<ajs6f>Hm. Maybe I can put motorized wheels on my suitcase and ride it through Downtown.10:40
* nbanks joins10:44
<ajs6f>cbeer: Still trying to calculate thru downtown— google maps suggests red to green to north station, but you say no?10:54
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer started "Check pull-request attached to MODE-1836" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47212099
Chris Beer added comment: "works as advertised (was merged into master; building on jenkins; fixes replication)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47212099
Chris Beer edited "Check pull-request attached to MODE-1836" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47212099
<ajs6f>Hey, this WebGl Google Maps is kind of cute.
Oh, neat. It shows you where rail lines go over and under roads...10:55
* kaarefc joins
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Upgrade to ISPN 5.3 (when available) to fix clustering work-around." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4763933510:56
<cbeer_>ajs6f: yeah, not green. not all green lines go up to north station
and gov't center is unpleasantly loud10:57
<ajs6f>cbeer: wait— I think I see. You mean take Red to Downtown Crossing and get on Orange there, instead of going to Park St?
<fasseg>re...
<cbeer_>bingo.
<ajs6f>PRO-TIP from cbeer!
<cbeer_>(oh. park st. park st is not as bad as govt center.. but not all the green lines will still go through)10:58
<ajs6f>Damn. Fedora Futures knows more than Google Maps. We're good!
eddies: I assume you will arrive first and open up the house?11:00
<nbanks>Standup?11:06
<barmintor>delayed an hour today
<nbanks>oh ok
<barmintor>nbanks: are you on ff-internal?
<ajs6f>ecowles: did you push the extraproperties class to fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector?11:09
<cbeer_>mockito++11:10
<barmintor>ajs6f: is BagItConnector#getDocumentById overridden so that we can insert logging stmts?11:17
<escowles>ajs6f: no, i'm writing unit test now -- never done this in java before so it's slow going11:18
<ajs6f>No— getDocumentById is where retrieval happens, so sure, logging statements, but also anything we want the connector to do on retrieval. Like retrieving. :) and since our notion of how the filesystem is laid out is different than the FileSystemConnector's, we have to override with our own.
escowles: No prob— just wasn't sure whether you had and the Github gnome hadn't told IRC.11:19
<barmintor>how is it different?
<ajs6f>We don't look at the filesystem to determine whether datastream nodes "exist", we look at the manifest. Which the current code doesn't do, but we know it needs to.
<barmintor>I'm looking at overriding #isExcluded instead, but I want to make sure I know why things are as they are11:20
<ajs6f>We will want to pull in extra node type (Fedora object, Fedora datastream) which wouldn't occur in the FileSystemConnector.
<barmintor>ah, right
<ajs6f>Oh, yeah, you could do that in isExcluded.
That would be better.
barmintor++
<barmintor>but the fedora mixins wouldn't be there
<ajs6f>Right.
rhauch told me specificially to put them in getDocById.11:21
Also, Fedora objects need to know that they have children (datastreams) in data/
<barmintor>oh, you know where we put it
in the extrapropertiesstore11:22
<ajs6f>The vanila getDocById would create a child data/ with datastream children.
<barmintor>that's how we should be doing it
<cbeer>modeshape-- # so many non-public classes that'd be so helpful when writing unit tests
<barmintor>cbeer: for real
<cbeer>e.g. JcrPropertyIterator
<ajs6f>Oh, wait, you're right. rhauch told me that before we knew that ExtraPropertyStores could do that.
So it's just the children of data/ become children of the object that differs.11:23
That's cleaner. I wish they had broken that getDocById method down a little.
<barmintor>ajs6f: yeah, it's kind of a mess
<ajs6f>I think it may be pretty early code.11:24
Anyways, I can pull the node type additions out, so that's cool.
Oh, I did go and use the java7 FIle.getOwner() to assign a created-by property, which the vanila filesystem connector doesn't do, presumably for Java6 compat.11:25
<barmintor>we *could* do the "skip the data dirctory node" thing by overriding #fileFor(id) and #idFor(file)11:26
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] escowles pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/NDdDpg
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 3bab1bc Esmé Cowles: Moving BagItExtraPropertiesStore impl from fcrepo4/fcrepo-kernel
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Hm.
<barmintor>hmm
<ajs6f>Well, where is it clearer?11:27
I feel like it's clearer where you're assigning children.
<barmintor>I just hate reproducing all this code, but maybe it's the best way to do it
<ajs6f>I know, I know. I just found out that InclusionExclusionFilenameFilter isn't visible.
<barmintor>yeah, you have to override the method instead11:28
<ajs6f>We should just use java.io.FilenameFilter. That's what it's for.
Oh, but the filtering will depend on the bag mainfest.
So an anoymous inner java.io.FilenameFilter?/
<barmintor>yeah
<ajs6f>Java's crappy version of a closure.11:29
Or something else.
<barmintor>I'm generally anti anonymous-inner these days
too annoying to test
<ajs6f>Fair enough.
<barmintor>package-local static class member is ok though, but then you're really just trying to reduce the number of source files, and I don't think we're at that level of optimization yet :)11:30
<ajs6f>But isExcluded() lacks a paramater for the id of the thing to which a file may be a child.
If that makes sense.11:31
IOW, the excludedness of the file
<barmintor>it passes the File object, rught?
<ajs6f>And that's all. Not the parent.
<barmintor>right
<ajs6f>And therefore you can't get the parent's manifest.
Phooey.
<barmintor>but you're a BagItFileConnector. You know where your manifest is
<ajs6f>Your mainfest is different for every call to getDocumentById.11:32
As you change what you are looking at on the filesystem.
<barmintor>I should hope not!
<ajs6f>Yeah, it is. You could be asking for an entirely different document.
Different object, I mena.
With a different manifest.
<barmintor>isn't the connector a single bagit dir?11:33
<ajs6f>Not to my understanding. It's a directory of bagits, each of which is an object.
Otherwise you'd have to mount every single bagit dir as a filesystem source in the JSON.
<barmintor>Hurk.
<ajs6f>Or we're going to have to get _very_ clever with dynamically adjusted projections.
Which will create a fairly large overhead.11:34
<barmintor>I totally misunderstood this class
then
I assumed it was 1:1 bagit dirs
<ajs6f>IOW, my comments and issue descriptions suck.
No, although we could _do_ that, with our own code, which a BagItDirConnector would use.11:35
ANd maybe that's just going to be clearer in the end than overriding theirs.
You know, if we stay with theirs, for the exclude thing we could have a factory method that takes as input a mainfest and produces a FilenameFilter that excludes everything not in it.11:36
That's pretty testable.11:37
<barmintor>that's what I was plannig on doing
<ajs6f>Cool.11:38
* github-ff joins11:41
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/6ljr-w
fcrepo4/master 20b6ae1 Chris Beer: unit tests for dublincore's JcrPropertiesGenerator, with a nasty set of mocks..
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>i guess we should start a list of modeshape classes we11:42
'd like to see made public
or, is there something too-clever we should be doing?11:43
* ap2972 leaves11:44
<barmintor>cbeer: w/o knowing which ones you have in mind, I can't say too much. I do sometimes put together classes in someone else's package to circumvent access controls.11:48
but that's only useful for protected/pkg local classes
<cbeer>barmintor: yeah, that's what we're dealing with here, i think. is that the best wrong way to do that?11:49
<barmintor>ajs6f, do you have a better bad idea? Or is that the best bad idea we have?11:50
* barmintor hates access control in Java, btw
<ajs6f>No better idea. But we shold be talking to MODE. They're trying to sell a JCR implementation, and we're actually buying their internal APIs.11:51
<barmintor>I don't know that this is a problem, or even unexpected.11:52
part of your app consumes JCR stuff, but part of it (in our case_ provides it11:53
and the latter is always going to be mucking around with non-JSR apis
<ajs6f>It's a problem in that they presumably made thos APIs internal to reserve the right to change them rapidly.11:54
<barmintor>ajs6f: I'm going to start typing BIC for bagitconnector11:55
<ajs6f>Flic your BIC!
<barmintor>ajs6f: is your vision for the BIC that it will traverse arbitrarily deep dir structures looking for manifests?
<ajs6f>No-ish. My vision is that it will have a plugable point to determine filesystem traversal.11:56
Or points.
<barmintor>ok
one of the things about the watchService is that I need to find all the resources to watch, and have a thread pinging them11:57
I was going to do this at the file level
<ajs6f>Salem-bound folks: Eddie just posted to the meeting page that the property owners suggest staying off the buses and using commuter rail instead.
<barmintor>but maybe it makes more sense to do it at the directory level
<ajs6f>FIle level meaning manifests?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #334: UNSTABLE in 16 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/334/
Chris Beer: unit tests for dublincore's JcrPropertiesGenerator, with a nasty set of mocks..
<barmintor>ajs6f: yeah
<ajs6f>Oh, you think directories because there might be an entirely new mainfest.11:58
?
<barmintor>Well, b/c I don't want to root through an entire dir tree looking for manifest files
<ajs6f>Yeah.
I'm starting to think we _do_ need an abstraction for one bagit dir, like you were talking about, barmintor.11:59
Then the main connector could be a collection of them, and the notification could operate separately to add/subtract to that collections.
<barmintor>I feel like things are more coherent at that level of abstraction12:00
<ajs6f>I agree completely.
The question to me seems to be, do we want to go any further down the road we are on right now, or not?
<barmintor>I think this is refactorable into that
<ajs6f>Okay.
You know, my wife is right. I do make a damn good chicken soup with matzah balls.12:01
<eddies>hey folks: our delayed standup is underway12:02
<ajs6f>Google link?
<barmintor>on the call in just a min
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#339 (master - 20b6ae1 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/e2696c90b6f4...20b6ae12f540
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6156864
* travis-ci leaves
<eddies>ajs6f: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/46ed3fe3f2d8606cbc4c4056cc8bb4cce9176ebc?authuser=0&hl=en12:03
cbeer: coming?
* github-ff joins12:05
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/z87Htg
fcrepo4/master ec5ef97 Chris Beer: use longs instead of ints to match our usage
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka finished "Adam will create additional tickets for bagit federation once he finishes preliminary investigations of m..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47377055
* github-ff joins12:06
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 3 new commits to master: http://git.io/YCAjKg
fcrepo4/master 6852f1b Esmé Cowles: Removing BagInfoExtraPropertyStore.java (moved to fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector)
fcrepo4/master b8dfaea Esmé Cowles: Merge branch 'master' of github.com:futures/fcrepo4
fcrepo4/master 60f96a1 Esmé Cowles: Merge branch 'master' of github.com:futures/fcrepo4
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Demonstrate pointing fcrepo4 on top of an external data source" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4603960112:07
<cbeer>ajs6f: at some point soon, i wonder if a "design document" writeup of the bagit connector would be helpful
or maybe it's just an epic
<barmintor>cbeer++12:08
<cbeer>it seems like there's a lot of moving parts there
<barmintor>it would also make writing tix easier
<ajs6f>cbeer: agreed.
* ap2972 joins12:10
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Create a design document for the BagIt connector describing our implementation, requirements, and limitations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646459
Chris Beer edited "Create a design document for the BagIt connector describing our implementation, requirements, and limitations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646459
Chris Beer edited "Create a design document for the BagIt connector describing our implementation, requirements, and limitations." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646459
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!12:12
Project fcrepo4 build #335: FIXED in 14 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/335/
* travis-ci joins12:14
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#341 (master - 60f96a1 : Esmé Cowles): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/ec5ef9789a74...60f96a18cb14
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6157585
* travis-ci leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles edited "Create sequencer to test large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419312:15
Chris Beer added "Add fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector to jenkins/sonar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764690312:16
Chris Beer started "Add fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector to jenkins/sonar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646903
Chris Beer finished "Add fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector to jenkins/sonar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47646903
Esme Cowles added comment: "Needs working connector with value factories, etc. to test properly." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47383315
Chris Beer added "Describe CXF/Jetty/??? problems to ff-tech" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764708112:18
Chris Beer edited "Describe CXF/Jetty/??? problems to ff-tech" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector build #1: UNSTABLE in 2 min 41 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/1/
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Describe CXF/Jetty/??? problems to ff-tech" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081
<cbeer>fasseg: can you update t he title and description for https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081? i didn't follow the problem well enough
<pivotal-bot____>chore: Describe CXF/Jetty/??? problems to ff-tech (unstarted) / owner: Frank Asseg
<fasseg>cbeer: yep will do12:19
<pivotal-bot____>Frank Asseg started "Describe CXF/Jetty/??? problems to ff-tech" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081
<barmintor>HA!12:20
<pivotal-bot____>Frank Asseg edited "Issues stopping Jetty via the jetty-maven-plugin in between integration tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081
* travis-ci joins12:24
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#340 (master - ec5ef97 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/20b6ae12f540...ec5ef9789a74
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6157537
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>eddies: maybe this is a good discussion for Thursday, if that's not too late?12:29
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #149: SUCCESS in 5 min 0 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/149/12:32
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Create clustered fcrepo4 repository on futures2-5" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764846112:33
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #141: SUCCESS in 4 min 44 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/141/12:34
<barmintor>cbeer: I was confused12:37
re: E/W
<cbeer>then we can still work on getting NW on board with a developer
<ajs6f>i.e. klein?12:38
<cbeer>i.e, yes.
<ajs6f>wouldn't m. b. klein be better?
:)
<cbeer>brb.12:40
* github-ff joins12:55
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/APnFZg
fcrepo4/master 7ac900c Chris Beer: use a java property to give the numOwners for objects in the cluster
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/14_Shareable_Nodes.html12:57
* ajs6f leaves13:05
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #150: SUCCESS in 3 min 3 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/150/13:08
* ajs6f joins13:10
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #142: SUCCESS in 3 min 50 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/142/
* ajs6f1 joins13:13
VincentNG: The way I'm reading that API, to try this you'd want to create a "mix:shareable" node and clone it under /objects.
* ajs6f leaves13:14
* nbanks leaves13:15
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#342 (master - 7ac900c : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/60f96a18cb14...7ac900c2d1a2
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6158855
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f joins13:17
* ajs6f2 joins13:19
* ajs6f1 leaves13:20
* ajs6f leaves13:21
* nbanks joins13:22
* ajs6f2 leaves13:24
<eddies>afk: gonna make some dinner13:29
* ajs6f joins14:12
* ajs6f leaves14:14
* ajs6f joins14:33
<barmintor>when we create a bagit file resource, we should use the path to jump back to the root directory, scan the manifest, and assign the relevant checksum properties14:37
as well as verify that the file is in the bag.14:38
<ajs6f>More and more behavior… I really want that BagIt bag abstraction.
* ajs6f leaves14:44
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "documented on https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Getting+Started, for lack of a better place" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4440465314:55
Chris Beer edited "Enable fcrepo4 to run in a cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44404653
<VincentNG>when the repository is started, is the node "/objects" initiated with properties/attributes? if so, where is this done?14:58
<cbeer>yes, it is.15:00
it's done in the ModeShapeRepositoryFactoryBean for lack of a better place
<VincentNG>cool, that's what i was looking for. Thanks cbeer!15:01
* barmintor looks disapprovingly at ModeshapeRepositoryFactoryBean15:04
I do not like you, bean.
* ajs6f joins15:05
<cbeer>could be worse.
<barmintor>I am a firm believer in that.15:06
<cbeer>AbstractModeshapeRepositoryFactoryBeanFactoryServiceFactory
<ajs6f>implements ModeshapeRepositoryFactoryBeanFactoryServiceFactory<? extends AbstractModeshapeRepositoryFactoryBeanFactoryServiceFactory>
* barmintor is full of hate right now15:07
<nbanks>lol
<ajs6f>but still has impeccable taste.
vincentng: are you seeing a path to try our shared nodes?
s/our/out
<barmintor>https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Salem,+MA&daddr=Hill+Farmstead+Brewery,&hl=en&sll=44.607274,-72.262037&sspn=0.006531,0.012692&geocode=FfTLiAIdtDPG-ym3VvhqZGnjiTFFWaWlorjggQ%3BFSqnqAIda16x-yFl3bPJ-Uwm8imFbeEQ6c61TDFl3bPJ-Uwm8g&oq=salem&mra=ls&t=m&z=815:08
<VincentNG>any preferences?
<cbeer>Hill Farmstead is pretty good, iirc.15:09
<ajs6f>No, I wasn't meaning to push you in any particular direction. I just haven't been around for a few hours and didn't want to push you off with an idea without being around to back you.
<cbeer>i wish pretty things had a launch party while we were in town :/
<barmintor>cbeer: probably my favorite domestic brewery
HF, that is
though I like PT quite a bit
<escowles>barmintor: i've only had a few of their beers, but liked them quite a bit
<ajs6f>I've said it once, I'll say it again: Fedora is the booziest open source project I've ever been in.15:10
<barmintor>if I take the amtrak to Montpelier, VT and rent a car, I can pick Hill Farmstead up on the way to Salem. No problem!15:11
"on the way"
<VincentNG>afk
<escowles>much obliged, i applied to their reserve society but didn't get in :(
<barmintor>escowles: neither did I. nd my essay was so good!15:12
<ajs6f>Are you guys serious? There's a brewery with a competitive reserve society?15:13
<escowles>they are small and got a lot of press attention when they dominated the ratebeer top 10 list last year15:14
<ajs6f>I'm going to statt a malt liquor micro"brewery".15:15
For the discriminating man without means.
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added " change our workspace from "fedora" to "default"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47664281
<cbeer>ajs6f: is there any blocker for that? or someone just needs to do it?
<ajs6f>I don't know of any blockers.15:16
It should just be mostly config changes.
In the JSON configs.
<barmintor>ajs6f: http://beerpulse.com/2013/02/hill-farmstead-launches-collected-works-private-reserve-membership-program/
<ajs6f>"Collected works". Nice.15:17
barmintor: are you working in fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector?
<barmintor>ajs6f: in a branch15:18
<ajs6f>k.
I'm not going to push much forward with that, then, because I would almost certain be doing what you're doing, but not as well.
<barmintor>I don't know about that
<ajs6f>I'll go pick off cbeer's workspace name issue.
<barmintor>but I'll merge this
<ajs6f>Merge it to the beat!15:19
<cbeer>i suspect we've grown big enough (and stable enough) to start doing proper pull requests, making the requestor merge them,etc, etc
<ajs6f>Making branch now...
* github-ff joins15:20
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to watcher-service: http://git.io/N2gwqA
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/watcher-service 0e47c87 Benjamin Armintor: fix thread shutdown
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor opened pull request #1: Watcher service (master...watcher-service) http://git.io/RSj0YQ
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka started " change our workspace from "fedora" to "default"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47664281
Esme Cowles started "Create sequencer to test large files" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419315:21
* github-ff joins15:22
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created ChangeWorkspaceName from master (+0 new commits): http://git.io/YZX7Uw
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to watcher-service: http://git.io/UrWOJA
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/watcher-service 663b426 Benjamin Armintor: merging master changes
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>barminot: Hm. Can't automerge that— did you rebase? I don't remember making any commits today, tho'.
<barmintor>you can now15:23
<ajs6f>Rock and/or roll.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/DR1vIA
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 289333f ajs6f: Merge pull request #1 from futures/watcher-service...
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Oh, foo. I just realized that I'll have to change _every_ JSON file. We need to find a way to manage these better.15:24
<barmintor>oh, hey, that's busted. Yay tests!15:26
<ajs6f>Sanity check me: if a module isn't doing something special with the JSON config, is there any reason for it not to pull in a standard config from the kernel's test resources for its own tests?15:31
That would cut down on some of this duplication.
<cbeer>ajs6f: nope. i think we just weren't publishing an fcrepo-kernel test package
<ajs6f>Hm. New ticket for me.15:32
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/5yHkKQ
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master e74a08c Benjamin Armintor: poll returns null on timeout, of course
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master a7026bf Benjamin Armintor: Merge branch 'master'
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor>ajs6f: I broke that build, and I don't immediately see how I might have done that. Can I get you to take a look?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #151: SUCCESS in 2 min 37 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/151/15:33
<ajs6f>That build didn't work. The i-test has never worked.
That's why I didn't put it in CI.
<barmintor>ajs6f: Oh. Well all right then.
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #143: SUCCESS in 2 min 52 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/143/15:34
<ajs6f>You've been preaching the need to write tests. You never said anything about them passing. :)
<cbeer>isn't there some kind of Pending annotation?
<ajs6f>There's @Ignore.
<barmintor>@Ignore
@Ignore("it doesn't pass") is kind of questionable, though15:35
<ajs6f>How about @Ignore("I don't know why it doesn't pass")
<cbeer>jgroups--
(probably just a tcp mode thing, but...)
apparently you need to define every current member of a cluster in the tcpping initial_hosts15:36
or the hosts you don't define don't know how to talk to the joining-member.
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer started "Create clustered fcrepo4 repository on futures2-5" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47648461
Chris Beer finished "Create clustered fcrepo4 repository on futures2-5" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47648461
<ajs6f>So there's no way to just intorduce a new member, in a Zeroconf kind of way?15:37
* ajs6f leaves15:38
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added comment: "Very tentatively finished, and made a CI task to do upgrades: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-cluster..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764846115:39
Chris Beer added "Create cluster.fcrepo.org as a CNAME for futures6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4766641115:40
Chris Beer edited "Create cluster.fcrepo.org as a CNAME for futures6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47666411
<barmintor>is test-objects intended to be a bag?
* ajs6f joins
<barmintor>test-objects/BagItFed1 should be a bag, right?
<ajs6f>Yeah, more or less. I hadn't gotten as far as making it one.
No manifest.
<barmintor>My new ticket is "make the IT work for the bagit connector"15:41
<ajs6f>TDD, right?
<barmintor>ajs6f: do we want the json files in the data dir adjacent to the content files?15:42
<ajs6f>The sidecar files?
With extra properties?
<barmintor>like, data/testDS data/testDS.modeshape.json15:43
<ajs6f>We want them right nex tto whatever filesystem thing (file/dir) that is going to become the node to which those props apply.
DOes that makes sense?
So if datastreams are being pulled from data/foo
<barmintor>Err… no,
<ajs6f>we want data/foo.modeshape.json
<barmintor>ok, that makes sense15:44
<ajs6f>Right.
<barmintor>so your answer was "yes"
:)
<ajs6f>I think so. I'm the last person who would know.
cbeer: did you bump the MODE version to snapshot, now that we have a shared build in Nexus?15:45
<cbeer>ajs6f: yes, in the parent pom.
<ajs6f>k
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] fasseg pushed 2 new commits to resteasy-lifecycle: http://git.io/cOkdpQ
fcrepo4/resteasy-lifecycle e0e63fd fasseg: integration tests still fail when run back to back using the jetty-maven-plugin
fcrepo4/resteasy-lifecycle e778ef3 fasseg: added WEB-INF folders for integration tests
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>afk15:46
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Create cluster.fcrepo.org as a CNAME for futures6" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4766641115:48
* github-ff joins15:55
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to ChangeWorkspaceName: http://git.io/xt6XWg
fcrepo4/ChangeWorkspaceName 201a3f2 ajs6f: Changed default workspace to 'default'
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f opened pull request #47: Changed default workspace to 'default' (master...ChangeWorkspaceName) http://git.io/Bm8Cuw
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/47" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47664281
A. "Erdocamic" Soroka finished " change our workspace from "fedora" to "default"" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4766428115:56
<ajs6f>cbeer: we're still getting permgen errors in tomcat?15:58
<pivotal-bot____>Frank Asseg edited "Issues stopping Jetty via the jetty-maven-plugin in between integration tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764708116:03
<fasseg>eddies, ajs6f: I updated the ticket https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47647081 with my problems when trying to stop jetty, and would greatly appreciate any help...16:05
<pivotal-bot____>chore: Issues stopping Jetty via the jetty-maven-plugin in between integration tests (started) / owner: Frank Asseg
<ajs6f>fasseg: are you now using the Spring test framework?16:06
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #152: SUCCESS in 3 min 2 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/152/16:07
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/R-YJSg
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master dc88a28 Benjamin Armintor: moving the test data into a valid bagIt archive dir
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #144: SUCCESS in 3 min 26 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/144/16:08
<fasseg>ajs6f: yes i tried with that also, but same problem, you can do it yourself by just adding the @ContextConfiguration @RunWith annotations, but still jetty will be run by the jetty-maven-plugin and the stop command does return immediately without jetty being stopped.16:11
<ajs6f>fasseg: have you tried letting the Spring configuration launch the webcontainer?16:12
IOW not using any maven plugin to do that?
<fasseg>it's also the same if you just create a tets prject and try to restart jetty in two submodules, no spring config needed to create the problem.
<ajs6f>I'm pointing out that we haven't been _using_ a container control maven plugin up til now, and that's why we haven't had this problem.16:13
<fasseg>yes idd
<ajs6f>And the same problem occurs when there is no use of Jetty Maven or Cargo to start and stop the container?
<fasseg>and i did not try to start jetty from a spring container...i only tried using the jetty-maven-plugin...
<ajs6f>Right.16:14
<fasseg>i dont know...
<ajs6f>That's where I'm suggesting the problem lies.
You've got two independent lifecycles for the container and the beans in it, and they're not meshing.
<fasseg>oh wait, yes just using a empty project with two submodules which run jetty using the maven plugin back to back have the same problem
<ajs6f>Putting the web container under the control of the bean container will prevent that.
Yeah, see, the place I'm trying to get to is where we aren't _using_ the Maven jetty plugin.16:15
That's why the main branch doesn't show this problem.
<fasseg>yes in understand that but the idea was to use the jetty-meven-plugin to control the lifecycle...otherwise i coudl just spin up a jetty instance in the tests cases using the java api ;=)
<ajs6f>Or let Spring do it for you.
Is there any concrete reason you want to manually control the Jetty lifecycle?16:16
<fasseg>i thought this was a requirement....
<ajs6f>Don't you just want it to begin when it needs to and end after it's done.
I don't understand it to be a requirement.
<fasseg>but as eddie said if it's blocking we can also change to different startegies
<ajs6f>Okay.16:17
afk
* ajs6f leaves
<fasseg>hmm will letting spring control the jetty container also mean that for each test class the jetty instance will be started/stopped? that would slow down the integration tests quite drastically.16:20
* ajs6f joins
<fasseg>ajs6f: hmm will letting spring control the jetty container also mean that for each test class the jetty instance will be started/stopped? that would slow down the integration tests quite drastically.
<ajs6f>Not if the context is the same.
Spring test framework caches contexts.
<fasseg>nice
okay ill try that then: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Spring
thanks again for the tips adam!16:21
<ajs6f>You'll see contexts start at the beginning of the i-tests and get torn down at the end of 'em.
No prob.
* kaarefc leaves
<ajs6f>Check out this:16:22
http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/1.0.1.GA/userguide/html/RESTEasy_Spring_Integration.html
as well. "RESTeasy comes with its own Spring ContextLoaderListener that registers a RESTeasy specific BeanPostProcessor that processes JAX-RS annotations when a bean is created by a BeanFactory. What does this mean? RESTeasy will automatically scan for @Provider and JAX-RS resource annotations on your bean class and register them as JAX-RS resources."
Sounds nice.
<fasseg>yeah im using that
<ajs6f>Cool.
<fasseg>it's in the web.xmls
<ajs6f>Right.
<pivotal-bot____>Frank Asseg edited "Issues stopping Jetty via the jetty-maven-plugin in between integration tests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4764708116:24
<fasseg>I'll be off for the night though an continue tomorrow, have fun guys!16:25
* fasseg leaves
<nbanks>later
* VincentNG leaves
* ap2972 leaves16:28
* github-ff joins16:29
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/uS9VMA
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master e5b2670 ajs6f: Cleaned unused imports, used try-with-resource to ensure resources get closed where applicable
* github-ff leaves
* escowles leaves16:32
<nbanks>Out of curiousity how does one build the start.jar in https://github.com/projecthydra/hydra-jetty ?16:35
<barmintor>nbanks: i think it's downloaded from jetty for the project, and not built16:36
<nbanks>ah
* github-ff joins16:45
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/O2wIGA
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 8706ea4 ajs6f: Minor refactoring to use try-with-resources and better map-building
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Anyone-who-knows-anything-about-BagIt: escowles wrote a property-storer that word wraps property values at 80 characters. Is there something in the BagIt spec that makes us do this?
<cbeer>"It is RECOMMENDED that lines16:48
not exceed 79 characters in length. "
<ajs6f>Fair enough.
We ALWAYS follow recommendations.
:)
<barmintor>to me that says "You can't wrap to 80" though16:49
<ajs6f>value.length() < 79
I guess that gives us some breathing room.
Hm. It's not persisting updates, either.16:50
* github-ff joins16:56
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/7ryG6g
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master e747b29 ajs6f: Caused updates to persist, cleaned out old props before storing new ones, proper logging, better exception messages
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Well, I've caused as much code-heartbreak as I can in a day. See y'all tomorrow.16:59
* ajs6f leaves17:00
* nbanks leaves17:05
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Contact Yale about their BagIt Profiles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737468717:20
Chris Beer added comment: "from anarchivist: talk to Mike Frisca. 17:22
"yes, i believe so, but it's murky who is doing what - Library IT mi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374687
Chris Beer added "dsid/fixity stack trace" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4767533717:25
* nbanks joins17:44
* nbanks leaves17:49
* nbanks joins19:44
* nbanks leaves19:50
* ap2972 joins20:48
* ap2972 leaves21:19
* ap2972 joins21:40
* nbanks joins21:46
* ap2972 leaves21:47
* nbanks leaves21:50
* nbanks joins23:47
* nbanks leaves23:51

Generated by Sualtam