Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* eddies leaves00:54
* kaarefc joins01:13
* kaarefc leaves01:41
* nbanks joins02:05
* kaarefc joins02:09
* nbanks leaves02:12
* nbanks joins02:34
* nbanks leaves07:36
* nbanks joins07:38
* kaarefc leaves08:29
* VincentNG joins09:03
* eddies joins09:06
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* escowles joins09:12
* ajs6f joins09:17
* fasseg joins09:24
* fasseg leaves09:25
* fasseg joins09:26
hola!
<nbanks>hello09:28
<pivotal-bot____>Hello, nbanks
<escowles>good morning!09:29
* fasseg leaves
* fasseg joins
* ajs6f leaves09:41
* ap2972 joins09:42
<eddies>'lo all =)09:52
<fasseg>hola10:06
* kaarefc joins10:08
* kaarefc leaves10:14
<nbanks>is there no meeting? yesturday it started now didn't it?10:34
* barmintor joins
<cbeer>nbanks: iteration planning starts an hour early (every other Wed.); we have a joint fcrepo 3.x/4.x call (every Thu.) that starts 30m early.10:35
<escowles>nbanks: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/TT+Meetings10:36
* kaarefc joins
<nbanks>oh ok10:37
<cbeer>and we have a shared calendar that never got shared with eihter of you
<nbanks>anyway we can get it shared?10:38
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Add escowles, ap2972, and nbanks to shared calendar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47529893
Chris Beer edited "Add escowles, ap2972, and nbanks to shared calendar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47529893
* kaarefc leaves10:41
* kaarefc joins10:44
* kaarefc leaves10:50
* kaarefc joins10:58
<eddies>nbanks: joining us?11:00
<cbeer>escowles: i did part of the rdf generation stuff, so i can probably answer questions..11:04
<barmintor>Of course, you could always pick a module you want to learn more about, and write some unit tests.11:05
<cbeer>barmintor, you would say that :P
i can't remember if sonar.fcrepo.org was in my link dump11:06
<escowles>cbeer: two things -- #1 is the RDF has a blank default namespace: <rdf:RDF xmlns="" …. which firefox and xmllint both complain about11:07
* kaarefc leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Armintor edited "Use RestEasy instead of CXF in fcrepo4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46183667
* kaarefc joins
<escowles>cbeer: #2 i see two rdf:Descriptions, one is rdf:about="http://localhost:8080/rest/PID" and the second is rdf:about="http://localhost:8080/rest/objects/PID" -- shouldn't they both use the second URI?
<cbeer>escowles: yeah, sounds like a bug to me11:08
nbanks: you're looking at https://github.com/futures/ff-jmeter-madness?11:09
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Create technical metadata sequencer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419311:13
<eddies>https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Built-in+sequencers11:18
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/FF+Candidate+Test+Harness11:22
https://github.com/futures/ff-jmeter-madness/blob/master/plans/fedora.jmx
* ajs6f joins11:42
<barmintor>eddies: can we complete the "Unit test fcrepo-kernel service proxies and node wrappers" release?11:56
oh, nevermind: it's accepted11:57
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin started "Add escowles, ap2972, and nbanks to shared calendar" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4752989312:00
<ajs6f>afk12:11
* nbanks leaves12:15
* nbanks joins
* github-ff joins12:46
[fcrepo4] fasseg created resteasy-lifecycle (+1 new commit): http://git.io/un6Y5g
fcrepo4/resteasy-lifecycle 96d966f fasseg: changed legacy api to resteasy
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #145: SUCCESS in 3 min 16 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/145/12:58
Project fcrepo-fixity build #137: SUCCESS in 3 min 45 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/137/12:59
* github-ff joins13:12
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 2 new commits to master: http://git.io/H-KW1A
fcrepo4/master 1032e92 Esmé Cowles: Suppressing adding of invalid namespaces, using JcrNode.getPath() instead of getName() to generate valid, dereferencable URIs
fcrepo4/master b9bfe56 Esmé Cowles: Suppressing invalid namespaces
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo4 build #330: UNSTABLE in 7 min 47 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/330/13:20
* escowles: Suppressing adding of invalid namespaces, using JcrNode.getPath() instead of getName() to generate valid, dereferencable URIs
* escowles: Suppressing invalid namespaces
* ajs6f leaves13:27
* travis-ci joins13:32
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#337 (master - b9bfe56 : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/9e1d07174d6d...b9bfe560e718
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6086700
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins13:35
[fcrepo4] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to resteasy-lifecycle: http://git.io/0QCxnw
fcrepo4/resteasy-lifecycle d2718a2 fasseg: changed unti tests to use resteasy mutliparts
* github-ff leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!13:44
Project fcrepo4 build #331: FIXED in 8 min 59 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/331/
Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #146: SUCCESS in 4 min 16 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/146/13:48
Project fcrepo-fixity build #138: SUCCESS in 5 min 1 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/138/13:50
<VincentNG>anyone know where the relative path defined in repository.json points to on Windows? for instance: "directoryPath" : "/tmp/folder"13:55
* fasseg leaves13:57
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] fasseg pushed 1 new commit to resteasy-lifecycle: http://git.io/gdHUYg
fcrepo4/resteasy-lifecycle 2f37b5a fasseg: added named annotations
* github-ff leaves
<VincentNG>or is that an absolute path?
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #147: SUCCESS in 3 min 57 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/147/14:10
Project fcrepo-fixity build #139: SUCCESS in 4 min 26 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/139/14:11
<nbanks>I'm thinking of resolving this error while building:SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".14:22
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
There are several loggers to choose from http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html14:23
I was thinking the simple one that logs to sterr would be fine for know or would you guys prefer something more robust like log4j?14:24
<cbeer>aren't we using logback?
<nbanks>There is a dependancy for it14:25
<barmintor>yeah, we have logback in the fcrepo4 pom14:26
<nbanks>There are also SLF4J bindings external to the SLF4J project, e.g. logback which implements SLF4J natively. Logback's ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger class is a direct implementation of SLF4J's org.slf4j.Logger interface. Thus, using SLF4J in conjunction with logback involves strictly zero memory and computational overhead
k good to know I'll look into how to get rid of the warning then14:27
since its a native implementation do we need the dependancy on slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar ?14:28
<eddies>nbanks: the SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation message isn't necessarily an error14:32
<nbanks>I understand14:33
I've also found. Note that explicitly declaring a dependency on logback-core-1.0.7 or slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar is not wrong and may be necessary to impose the correct version of said artifacts by virtue of Maven's "nearest definition" dependency mediation rule.
I just like to check out warning and such when I find them.14:34
<pivotal-bot____>Aleksey Pokalyukhin started "JMeter delete objects return spurious 404s" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4745771314:51
Chris Beer edited "Enable fcrepo4 to run in a cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4440465314:54
Aleksey Pokalyukhin added comment: "Yesterday I finished couple things: ""15:00
- installed local fedora server
- installed local jmeter app
- ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47457713
Chris Beer added comment: "Got replication working, still having trouble with distribution mode" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4440465315:04
<VincentNG>cbeer: in this ticket https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47373777 what does myHSMFederation refer to?15:11
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a node (started) / owner: Vincent Nguyen
<eddies>i love java15:12
i spent 30 mins fixing a bug. and now 9 hours getting maven to do a release
<cbeer>VincentNG: i was just offering that as one way to request the content gets loaded from that federated system (e.g. because you might have multiple federation sources enabled)15:13
but i don't know anything about how federation works
<VincentNG>i see
<cbeer>if it's nonsensical, go ahead and rewrite the ticket15:14
<VincentNG>i wasn't sure it was meant to represent the actual content to be federated or if it was the workspace or federated filesystem that we are passing in
<cbeer>ok, yeah, i assumed it was a reference to the federated store (which isn't necessarily a filesystem, as i understand it)15:15
and i don't think we want to expose filesystem paths as part of the api
<VincentNG>in my case it will be, as i'm using the FileSystemConnector for now.
so if we're passing it a reference to the federated store (which is defined in repository.json), then it can't really be dynamic?15:18
<cbeer>defining what the federated stores is not dynamic. that's a restriction from modeshape.15:19
<nbanks>exit
<cbeer>but you can mount arbitrary paths within those stores as "projections"
<nbanks>whoops
* nbanks leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Vincent Nguyen edited "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737377715:24
<escowles>it looks like fits isn't mavenized -- i found a fork from a few months back that setup fits and mavenized the dependencies… but it's not clear if it'll be maintained (for example, it's a minor version behind)16:03
fits also requires a directory with a bunch of config files, etc. for the various tools it wraps, so i will probably just assume that this directory is setup somewhere instead of trying to manage it with maven16:04
<cbeer>ew16:05
<barmintor>FEDORA_HOME rides again!
<escowles>well, FITS_HOME...
<cbeer>escowles: maybe it's better to give up on FITS?16:12
just use JHOVE or tika?
<escowles>same situation with jhove (same developers)
but i'll check tika
tika is mavenized, so i think i'll go with that -- maybe the demo sequencer should be a text-extraction sequencer?16:16
* kaarefc leaves16:18
<cbeer>escowles: yeah, and that should be pretty easy, because i think modeshape has an example already16:19
org.modeshape.extractor.tika.TikaTextExtractor16:20
<eddies>+1 on tika then16:22
although i was hoping for something we could apply to arbitrary file resources16:23
<escowles>so there's already builtin support for extracting text in modeshape
<eddies>for fits or jhove, if you don't have the XX_HOME dir or config…there aren't just some sensible defaults either uses?16:24
<escowles>eddies: text extraction isn't universally applicable, but it does apply to pretty wide and heterogenous types of files
<eddies>escowles: yeah, but not so much to the "large files" use case16:25
or at least, i don't usually come across multi-gb text files =)
it's ok, tho16:26
<escowles>the text extractor looks like it handles files inside of zip/tar/etc. files, so we could be doing text extraction on files inside a multi-GB archive….
<eddies>i don't really want to absortb the hassle of config directories right now16:27
that might work...
<escowles>we could also just write something specific to zip/tar archives to list the contents or something
* VincentNG leaves16:29
* escowles leaves17:19
* ap2972 leaves17:33
* github-ff joins17:35
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] barmintor created watcher-service (+1 new commit): http://git.io/qE6vqQ
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/watcher-service a028cd0 Benjamin Armintor: trying a watcher service out
* github-ff leaves
* barmintor leaves
* eddies leaves19:19
* cbeer leaves
* pivotal-bot____ leaves
* cbeer joins19:20
* ap2972 joins21:27
* github-ff joins21:40
[ff-jmeter-madness] alpok45 pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/dAhsQQ
ff-jmeter-madness/master b07868c Aleksey Pokalyukhin: 'Delete Object' request moved to the end of testing plan
* github-ff leaves
* ap2972 leaves21:47
* eddies joins22:00
* pivotal-bot____ joins
* ap2972 joins22:03
* ap2972 leaves22:11