Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* BHSPiMonkey leaves01:43
* BHSPiMonkey joins
* kaarefc joins05:20
* nbanks leaves08:08
* nbanks joins08:26
* github-ff joins08:55
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/0MjzWw
fcrepo4/master d4a6902 Benjamin Armintor: start moving Function unit tests out
* github-ff leaves
* travis-ci joins09:01
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#326 (master - d4a6902 : Benjamin Armintor): The build has errored.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/115fb7992cbc...d4a69022513e
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6015779
* travis-ci leaves
<bljenkins>Yippie, build fixed!09:10
Project fcrepo4 build #316: FIXED in 15 min: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo4/316/
armintor: start moving Function unit tests out
* kaarefc leaves09:12
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #131: SUCCESS in 4 min 10 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/131/09:15
Project fcrepo-fixity build #125: SUCCESS in 4 min 8 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/125/09:17
<barmintor_>headed to office for call now09:19
* barmintor_ leaves
* kaarefc joins09:30
* nbanks leaves09:35
* kaarefc leaves
* escowles joins09:39
* nbanks joins09:44
<cbeer>escowles++09:46
<escowles>cbeer: what did i do -- other than signing up for the sprint & hackfest?09:47
<cbeer>isn't that enough?09:48
escowles: i've made you an account on futures6 with the initial password from this email: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ff-internal/lJR5-T7CccA/PiGIlQz4jnMJ09:51
and 'escowles'09:52
same for nbanks09:53
eddies: ping?09:56
<eddies>cbeer: eh? was on another call. what's up?09:58
<cbeer>can you accept the outstanding tickets: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/684825 ?09:59
<escowles>cbeer: thanks -- i've changed my pw & setup my ssh keys
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test frepo-http-api/FedoraIdentifiers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822943
Edwin Shin accepted "Add automated code-quality checking" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46543367
<cbeer>and i think barmintor's delivered tickets are deliverable too10:00
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Unit test frepo-http-api/FedoraIdentifiers" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822943
Chris Beer edited "Add automated code-quality checking" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46543367
<cbeer>(backdating)
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin accepted "Create BagIt export module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46839981
Chris Beer edited "Create BagIt export module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46839981
<eddies>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/46ed3fe3f2d8606cbc4c4056cc8bb4cce9176ebc?authuser=0&hl=en10:01
<nbanks>Hi just want to remind ya's my skype for the scrum call
nigelbanks35
<eddies>nigel, we're on google hangouts actually
link above
<nbanks>k
<cbeer>it's only skype for the steering group10:02
<eddies>also see: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110386469911510107748/events
* VincentNG joins10:06
<eddies>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Story+Management
vincentng: are you joining the call?10:07
<cbeer>escowles: i've added you to pivotal
<VincentNG>oh, is it now?
<eddies>yes :P
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraObjects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4682276710:09
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraObjects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822767
Edwin Shin accepted "Create object serialization module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46740835
Edwin Shin accepted "Pass user authentication information from JAX-RS endpoints to the JCR repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458055
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraObjects" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822767
Chris Beer edited "Create object serialization module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4674083510:10
Chris Beer edited "Pass user authentication information from JAX-RS endpoints to the JCR repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458055
<cbeer>VincentNG: sprint planning is always an hour earlier
* ajs6f joins10:12
<cbeer>ajs6f: !10:13
<ajs6f>Another meeting ran late. I'm on my way.
<cbeer>https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/46ed3fe3f2d8606cbc4c4056cc8bb4cce9176ebc?authuser=0&hl=en10:14
<eddies>http://modeshape.wordpress.com/category/federation/
<ajs6f>thanks, got you r email. stupid google won't respons
<eddies>https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Federation
ajs6f: come join the call, eh?
<ajs6f>eddies: see above
<cbeer>guess UVa must have a hurricane10:16
<eddies>escowles: what's up?10:17
<escowles>just lost audio10:18
i'm muted & it won't let me unute yet
<ajs6f>https://gist.github.com/ajs6f/529333610:20
11:53
Federation config example.
<cbeer>hm: modeshape-provided metrics: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/MODE/Monitoring
* kaarefc joins10:22
* kaarefc leaves
<barmintor>infinispan (unlike jcr, I guess) does kind of support asynch access. So it might just mean that that kind of storage has to be handled at the cache layer.10:25
<ajs6f>Yes, but federated material in outside ISPN, too.10:26
Also, ISPN offers parallelization viia a map-reduce framework, which is kind of cool.
<barmintor>eddies: which of us is trying to capture this into stories from which we can pull tickets?10:33
<ajs6f>NOT IT!
<cbeer>ajs6f: i've only been paying attention with half-an-ear, but you've suggested federation interacts with ISPN?10:41
<ajs6f>Yes, I did.10:42
It does.
<cbeer>ajs6f: really? huh.
<barmintor>eddies, ajs6f: I'm trying to start stories in shared google doc in the hangout
<cbeer>i thought it was entirely at the MODE layer
<ajs6f>Federated sources are wrapped in a dynamically-generated ISPN cache.
Think "default" vs. "namedCache" in the ISPN config.
Eddie was asking, essentially, about how those things might interact.10:43
And we don't yet know.
<cbeer>huh. crazy
<ajs6f>It makes sense to me. MODE wants to act against ISPN contrats, not against any crazy contract some federation connector might want to support.10:44
<cbeer>ajs6f: except they've already gone off to do their own things with binary stores
so i'm not clear what their commitment to ISPN is
<ajs6f>I undertstand the non-ISPN binary stores to be essentially an inheritance from MODE 2.
The clear best practice (as described to me by rhauch) is to use ISPN caching for binary stores.10:45
<cbeer>+1
<ajs6f>barminto: how can we see that GOogle Doc?10:47
<cbeer>ajs6f: click google drive
the triangle thing
and then "hangout notes"
which is the little blue doc icon on the sidebar of the google drive
<ajs6f>cbeer: thanks!10:48
* fasseg joins10:49
hola!
<cbeer>fasseg!10:50
joining us for planning?
<fasseg>i thought in an hour...
but yeah sure..
<cbeer>started an hour ago.
summer time problem, perhaps?
<fasseg>yeah but we did +1 so I thought it was an hour later...10:53
my bad...
<escowles>sorry, just lost audio again...11:01
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Armintor started "Unit test the kernel's Function subclasses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4733739911:04
Edwin Shin added "Sprint 7: Federated Filesystem" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737210511:05
Edwin Shin edited "Sprint 7: Federated Filesystem" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737210511:06
<ajs6f>I'm going to take a five-minute bio break. I'll be right back.
* ajs6f leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraDatastreams" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822659
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraDatastreams" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822659
Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraFieldSearch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822867
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraFieldSearch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822867
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraDatastreams" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46822659
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-http-api/FedoraFieldSearch" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4682286711:07
Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/Datastream" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826473
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/Datastream" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826473
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/Datastream" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826473
Edwin Shin delivered "Correct URIs for returns at API endpoints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46941819
Edwin Shin accepted "Correct URIs for returns at API endpoints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46941819
Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/ObjectService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826407
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/ObjectService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826407
Edwin Shin delivered "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/DatastreamService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826347
Edwin Shin accepted "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/DatastreamService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826347
Chris Beer edited "Correct URIs for returns at API endpoints" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4694181911:08
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/ObjectService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826407
Chris Beer edited "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/DatastreamService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826347
Edwin Shin finished "Choose a location and dates for the 2013-04 hackfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45341785
Chris Beer deleted "Fix JCR bug" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46544783
Chris Beer edited "Choose a location and dates for the 2013-04 hackfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45341785
Chris Beer edited "Expose object fixity state in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4569138511:09
Chris Beer edited "Switch from #duraspace-ff to #fcrepo for IRC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4575692711:10
Edwin Shin edited "Test switching from Spring to CDI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44574289
Edwin Shin finished "Switch unit tests to integration tests where applicable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4653743711:12
* ajs6f joins
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Switch unit tests to integration tests where applicable" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46537437
<ajs6f>I'm back.11:13
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin finished "fcrepo-http-api unit testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46823167
Chris Beer edited "fcrepo-http-api unit testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46823167
<cbeer>barmintor++11:14
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Switch from #duraspace-ff to #fcrepo for IRC" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45756927
<ajs6f>-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled11:18
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Tomcat 7 on futures6 Permgen Exception on re-deploy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4654330111:19
<fasseg>try "-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled"
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Ganglionic" Soroka edited "Tomcat 7 on futures6 Permgen Exception on re-deploy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46543301
A. "Ganglionic" Soroka edited "Tomcat 7 on futures6 Permgen Exception on re-deploy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46543301
<fasseg>ajsf6: or even "-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled"11:20
<ajs6f>cbeer: I've put some example flags in the ticket for PermGen craziness. I'll need your help to try it out.
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
<pivotal-bot____>feature: ModeShape BagIt federation connector (unscheduled) / owner:
<cbeer>ok, we have ClassUnloading already
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Tomcat 7 on futures6 Permgen Exception on re-deploy" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46543301
Edwin Shin edited "ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
<ajs6f>cbeer: cool. then we should try -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled11:21
<cbeer>JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled"
that's what i have now
anything else?
<ajs6f>cbeer: The kitchen sink. You didn't throw that in yet. :)
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Create an analogue of the fcrepo 3 externally managed content type" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4546418111:22
Chris Beer added "Create a REST endpoint for projecting federated content as datastreams on a node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737377711:23
<cbeer>ajs6f: ^11:24
does the title of that ticket even make sense?
<ajs6f>I think I understand what you mean— you mean dynmically manipulated the federation projectins, right?
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737377711:26
Chris Beer added "Update REST endpoint for creating datastreams to push content onto a federated projection" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737407111:27
Edwin Shin added "Create technical metadata derivative service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419311:29
Edwin Shin edited "Create technical metadata derivative service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374193
Chris Beer edited "Update REST endpoint for creating datastreams to push content onto a federated projection" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374071
Chris Beer edited "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a node" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47373777
Chris Beer added "Allow derivative-generating service to request content is persisted to a federated store, not ISPN" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737441111:31
Chris Beer edited "Allow derivative-generating service to request content is persisted to a federated store, not ISPN" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374411
A. "Ganglionic" Soroka added comment: "See https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46839587" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47213685
Chris Beer added "Implement Stanford druid tree bagit federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737456911:32
Chris Beer edited "Implement Stanford druid tree bagit federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374569
Edwin Shin added "Contact Yale and/or PSU about their BagIt Profiles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737468711:33
Edwin Shin edited "Contact Yale and/or PSU about their BagIt Profiles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374687
Chris Beer added "Implement generic idiosyncratic filesystem layout federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737479911:34
Chris Beer edited "Implement generic idiosyncratic filesystem layout federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374799
Chris Beer added "fork modeshape into futures so we can merge arbitrary pull requests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737497511:36
Chris Beer edited "fork modeshape into futures so we can merge arbitrary pull requests" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374975
Chris Beer added "merge MODE-1836 into our fork of modeshape" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47375005
Chris Beer edited "merge MODE-1836 into our fork of modeshape" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47375005
Edwin Shin added "Jenkins deploys ModeShape builds to Nexus" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737515311:38
Chris Beer edited "Jenkins deploys ModeShape builds to Nexus" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47375153
Chris Beer started "Jenkins deploys ModeShape builds to Nexus" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47375153
<barmintor>Don't we already have https://github.com/futures/modeshape?11:40
cbeer ^^
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer edited "Implement Stanford druid tree (pairtree/bagit-ish) federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737456911:41
<cbeer>barmintor: yes, i think so
i think eddies was using it to patch CMIS
ajs6f: do i remember correctly that there's an HTTP federation connector?11:43
<ajs6f>cbeer: Not to my knowledge.
<cbeer>darn. ok
<ajs6f>We could probably rewire the filesystem connector to do that, tho'.11:44
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer estimated "Implement Stanford druid tree (pairtree/bagit-ish) federation connector" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737456911:46
Chris Beer edited "ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
Chris Beer estimated "Update REST endpoint for creating datastreams to push content onto a federated projection" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374071
Chris Beer estimated "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams o..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47373777
Chris Beer estimated "Allow derivative-generating service to request content is persisted to a federated store, not ISPN" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374411
Chris Beer estimated "Create technical metadata derivative service" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374193
Chris Beer estimated "Implement generic idiosyncratic filesystem layout federation connector" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737479911:47
Chris Beer edited "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47373777
Chris Beer edited "Update REST endpoint for creating datastreams to push content onto a federated projection" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374071
Edwin Shin added "Measure time to ingest & generate tech md for resources via the REST API vs filesystem connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737603711:48
Edwin Shin edited "Measure time to ingest & generate tech md for resources via the REST API vs filesystem connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47376037
Chris Beer edited "Update REST endpoint for creating datastreams to push content onto a federated projection" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374071
Chris Beer edited "Create a REST endpoint for dynamically projecting files from a directory from a federated content as datastreams on a..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737377711:50
<cbeer>hm:11:51
ERROR: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact org.modeshape:modeshape:pom:3.2-20130403.154926-1 from/to fcrepo-snapshots (http://maven.fcrepo.org/nexus/): Failed to transfer file: http://maven.fcrepo.org/nexus/org/modeshape/modeshape/3.2-SNAPSHOT/modeshape-3.2-20130403.154926-1.pom. Return code is: 405, ReasonPhrase:Method Not Allowed.
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Deploy something to the fcrepo nexus repository to prove that it works" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737636911:52
Chris Beer edited "Deploy something to the fcrepo nexus repository to prove that it works" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47376369
Edwin Shin edited "ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4708984311:53
Edwin Shin edited "ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4708984311:55
Chris Beer edited "Deploy something to the fcrepo nexus repository to prove that it works" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47376369
<cbeer>(don't pick me, don't pick me!)11:56
<ajs6f>cbeer: Is it because I smell funny?
<cbeer>(or, i'm just trying to spread the love around)
afk
<pivotal-bot____>Chris Beer added "Adam will create additional tickets for bagit federation once he finishes preliminary investigations of modeshape fede..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737705511:59
Chris Beer edited "Adam will create additional tickets for bagit federation once he finishes preliminary investigations of modeshape federation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737705512:00
Edwin Shin edited "Implement Stanford druid tree (pairtree/bagit-ish) federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374569
Benjamin Armintor edited "Contact Yale and/or PSU about their BagIt Profiles" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47374687
<barmintor>repeat the GOOD part12:05
<ajs6f>EVRYTHING I say is good.12:08
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Create technical metadata sequencer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419312:09
Chris Beer edited "Create technical metadata sequencer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419312:12
<cbeer>ok, i need to drop off and head to the office12:20
<barmintor>talk to you later, Chris12:28
but the inifispan layer does receive ids from the client code12:29
do you only have read access to the modeshape eventbus?12:33
I thought we could push events there as well.
<ajs6f>those IDs aren't controllable from the JCR layer
to my knowledge, we can only trigger JCR events by calling JCR methods.12:34
but we can check that.
<barmintor>I think you just cal #notify(Changeset)12:35
<ajs6f>On the EVentManager?
Cool.
<barmintor>http://docs.jboss.org/modeshape/3.1.3.Final/api/org/modeshape/jcr/bus/RepositoryChangeBus.html#notify(org.modeshape.jcr.cache.change.ChangeSet)
<ajs6f>We'd just have to assemble a Changeset.
<barmintor>yeah
<ajs6f>Oh, okay. That's _not_ JCR. That's MODE.12:36
<barmintor>but so is infiinispan :D
<ajs6f>(Meaning a MODE extension.)
Oh, yes. And I'm always inclined to stay inside JCR if we can. But sometimes we can't.
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin added "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47380619
Edwin Shin edited "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738061912:37
Edwin Shin edited "Create technical metadata sequencer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737419312:38
Edwin Shin edited "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738061912:40
Edwin Shin edited "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47380619
<barmintor>with a little more work, we can roll the planning call right into tomorrow's standup.12:42
<ajs6f>https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4586456912:43
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location (unscheduled) / owner:
Edwin Shin edited "Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4586456912:45
Edwin Shin edited "Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45864569
Edwin Shin edited "Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45864569
<barmintor>is nbanks good for 5 pts/day? Our velocity is about to go through the roof!12:46
<ajs6f>We're going to go through the roof.12:47
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45864569
Benjamin Armintor edited "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738061912:48
Vincent Nguyen edited "Watcher for federated filesystem that triggers events" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738061912:49
<barmintor>ajs6f: can we delete the fcrepo-foxml branch of fcrepo4?12:50
<ajs6f>I _believe_ so.
It's been broken out as a separate Git repo.
<barmintor>I'll rephrase- ajs6f: can *you* delete the fcrepo-foxml branch of fcrepo4? :D12:51
<ajs6f>Is that git branch -D?
<barmintor>you can actuallly do it through the github interface
web UI
<ajs6f>Oh, cool. I'll do that.
<barmintor>https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/branches
* github-ff joins12:52
[fcrepo4] ajs6f deleted fcrepo-foxml at e770c0f: http://git.io/coLnYg
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor>thanks ajs6f!12:53
* github-ff joins12:54
[fcrepo4] barmintor deleted glacier at 86f2e2a: http://git.io/1_b9og
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Hm. I'm looking at Changeset. Assembling one of these could get interesting.
You need, for example "the key of the process in which the changes were made.".
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin added "Document first steps for new FF devs on wiki" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738233112:56
<barmintor>anything MODE can do, we can do.
:P
<pivotal-bot____>Edwin Shin edited "Document first steps for new FF devs on wiki" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47382331
<cbeer>if only we did a year of requirements gathering first!12:57
<ajs6f>Yeah, but we're not going to get paid by JBoss for it.
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Ganglionic" Soroka edited "Add an rdf generator example that pulls triples from a well-known datastream location" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4586456912:58
* escowles leaves12:59
<ajs6f>eddies/cbeer: can one of you help me finish getting MODE snapshot deployed to Nexus?13:00
<eddies>i have another call for the next hour13:01
i can check in again after that
<ajs6f>Okay. See y'then.
<eddies>barmintor and vincentng i think also both have shell access
so if it's just the settings.xml i think either could assist13:02
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Ganglionic" Soroka started "Adam will create additional tickets for bagit federation once he finishes preliminary investigations of ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4737705513:07
A. "Ganglionic" Soroka added "Create BagIt bag-info.txt -based ExtraPropertiesStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738331513:10
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #132: SUCCESS in 2 min 53 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/132/13:17
Project fcrepo-fixity build #126: SUCCESS in 3 min 16 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/126/13:19
<pivotal-bot____>Esme Cowles started "Document first steps for new FF devs on wiki" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47382331
* escowles joins13:38
<barmintor>ok, this test is driving me crazy. MODE-- for not just using final classes, but returning them instead of interfaces or the abstract bast type in their signature13:41
I need a break.
<ajs6f>Och. That _is_ nasty behavior.13:42
<cbeer>eddies/ajs6f: i think the blocker for deploying to our nexus is within nexus configuration now13:52
i make a chore for eddies to make sure he could deploy stuff
i was getting a 405 back when jenkins tried to do it
<ajs6f>cbeer++
Interesting: http://www.nature.com/news/specials/scipublishing/index.html13:55
<cbeer>barmintor: that seems like the kind of thing to file bugs against MODE for, no?
<barmintor>Mmm, perhaps
* ajs6f1 joins13:58
Is the class in question part of the public API, or one of the places we penetrated to the impl?13:59
* ajs6f leaves
<barmintor>ajs6f1: It's the inifispan component registry14:00
one day I'm going to spell infinispan correctly
<ajs6f1>Mm. I could see MODE arguing that we shouldn't be worried about the behavior of that.
That's why I use ISPN.
<barmintor>inifispan! finisipan! spinifan!
<ajs6f1>Spinfan: The new Fedora-based repository for rotating air handlers.14:01
<barmintor>Well, MODE could see me arguing that ISPN's APIs need work, so there.
* barmintor takes his toys and goes home
<ajs6f1>Right on— they've been awesome about talking through tickets and accepting them.
But I don't know about the ISPN guys. cbeer?14:02
You've talked to them, right?
* nbanks leaves14:03
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Ganglionic" Soroka edited "ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4708984314:04
A. "Squamous" Soroka edited "Create ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4708984314:12
<barmintor>POWERMOCKITO TO THE RESCUE14:15
<ajs6f1>I see you've gotten over your qualms. :)
<barmintor>I sold my soul to the devil for a 12-line unit test14:19
<ajs6f1>The Devil is a master manipulator. Of bytecode.14:20
<cbeer>it's not in the modeshape public api14:24
well, that's not quite true
<ajs6f1>The component registry?14:25
I thought that was in ISPN?
<cbeer>ajs6f1: well, the level up from there. the reference to the ISPN cache in the first place
the component registry is in the ISPN public api
<ajs6f1>Okay, so barmintor's original ciriticism was totallly legit.
But ISPN are the people to talk to, not MODE.14:26
<barmintor>LEGIT
<ajs6f1>Ben Armintor _is_: the LEGITIMATOR.
* nbanks joins14:30
<barmintor>I know unit testing is totally last sprint, but: If people look at a unit test and it seems all crappy, it might mean some refactoring is in order. Or if you're working on the unit tests for untested modules. You know.
<ajs6f1>It's true of i-tests, too.
<barmintor>yup
<cbeer>or if you're looking at code I wrote!14:33
<ajs6f1>I only look at code cbeer wrote when I want to crib from him and take credit for it.
* nbanks leaves14:37
* fasseg leaves
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka edited "Create BagIt bag-info.txt -based ExtraPropertiesStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738331514:44
<ajs6f1>Guys, that last edited issue and this one:
https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Create ModeShape BagIt federation connector (unstarted) / owner: A. "Squamous" Soroka
<ajs6f1>are the two issues that I think the BagIt federation connector naturally breaks down into. Any takers?
* ajs6f1 leaves14:46
* ajs6f joins14:48
<barmintor>ajs6f: I'm just going to grab one when I finish this testing stuff.14:59
<ajs6f>LEGITMATE IT!
Just tell me which one you wnat, so I can get the other.
<barmintor>you can pick, it's a wash to me. I can complain about all of it.15:00
I'm getting a little too enamored of the Function and Predicate classes as a cheapo way to split things up into more testable chunks15:01
<ajs6f>Isn't that functional Kool-Aid delicious?15:02
<barmintor>OTOH, it clarifies things when a class basically implements one method, and then just calls a bunch of functions on its results
<ajs6f>Yup. It sure does. Sure makes it easy to test, too.
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka edited "Create BagIt bag-info.txt -based ExtraPropertiesStore" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4738331515:03
<ajs6f>I'll start with https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
<pivotal-bot____>feature: Create ModeShape BagIt federation connector (unstarted) / owner: A. "Squamous" Soroka
A. "Squamous" Soroka edited "Create ModeShape BagIt federation connector" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
<barmintor>whoa15:16
that's fascinating
the same class can implement Predicate<X> and Function<Y>
I know that makes sense, but it takes me a little off-guard15:17
<ajs6f>Function<Y>? Isn't that a two-type type?
Liek Function<X,Y>?
<barmintor>sorry, yes15:18
<eddies>i'm *still* on the phone, but we are not falling into "Excessive use of Guava's functional programming idioms can lead to verbose, confusing, unreadable, and inefficient code. These are by far the most easily (and most commonly) abused parts of Guava, and when you go to preposterous lengths to make your code "a one-liner," the Guava team weeps."
<barmintor>and then you end up with boolean apply(X) and Z apply(Y)
<eddies>per http://code.google.com/p/guava-libraries/wiki/FunctionalExplained , right? =)
<ajs6f>Oh, I see. yeah, You could sort of say Predicate<X> extends Function<X,Boolean>
<barmintor>eddies: No, no
definirely not15:19
<eddies>ok. just checking =)
<barmintor>if anything, it's keeping us from creating new Predicate subclasses in-line when we filter15:20
<ajs6f>I tried to adopt the habit of making those guys members, so as to give them names.15:21
<barmintor>Although you could argue that LowLevelStorageService (me too, ajs6f) is *itself* just a Function<Node, Set<LowLevelCacheEntry>>15:22
<ajs6f>New rule: no class may have more than one mthod.
<eddies>ok. today doesn't beat my record of 12 hours on the phone in one day, but not for lack of trying
ajs6f: do you still need me for the nexus setup?15:23
<ajs6f>Yup.
<eddies>what needs doing?
<ajs6f>Need to get the nexus login info available to jenkins. probably via settings.xml
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f created master (+1 new commit): http://git.io/YJlowQ
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 53fc41c ajs6f: Initial commit
* github-ff leaves
<ajs6f>Awesome module name, ajs6f.
<eddies>can you just give me the setting.xml in a gist i can copy and paste onto jenkins please?
<ajs6f>Sure. I'll look up the email in which you sent them to me.15:24
<eddies>i didn't check any of that so it would be worth validating that that's actually correct =)
<ajs6f>Yeah, cbeer— didn't you have some info about that? Like maybe they aren't?
<eddies>or works, rather, locally
oh. you haven't actually tried pushing a snapshot up to the nexus i set up?15:25
<ajs6f>cbeer did, and couldn't.
<eddies>well, is what's not working pushed to the futures/modeshape fork?15:26
afaik, the two pieces are the pom in modeshape configured to use a snapshot repo, and the corresponding local settings.xml15:27
<ajs6f>The build itself works. I wasn't using a stanza in the pom.xml, but a post-build step.
<eddies>s/snapshot repo/distribution section (i think)
<ajs6f>see http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/modeshape/configure15:28
So the source isn't relavent, I don't think...
<eddies>yeah,but it should just go in the pom, no?
<ajs6f>No, I don't think so. I think it should stay in the post build step.
Why would it go in pom.xml, unless we actually expect to make this build product public?15:29
We just want it for a convenience.
<eddies>i don't see post build steps: http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/modeshape/configure15:30
what would you put there?15:31
<ajs6f>You don't see "Deploy artifacts to Maven repository?" It's at the very bottom.
Under "Post-build actions".
<eddies>ah, post-build actions
<barmintor>How would people feel about moving the #getFixty and #getFixtiyAndFixProblems into a seperate class from LowLevelStorageService?15:32
<ajs6f>+115:33
Especailly getFixtiyAndFixProblems.
<barmintor>the thing I'm noticing is that, as I write tests for LLSS
there's the test for #getBinaryBlobs, totally fine
the test for #transformBinaryBlobs reproduces all of the previous test, with one more mock15:34
the test for #getFixity does all of #transformBinaryBlobs plus one more mock
and the test for the …fixProblems will do that plus maybe three more mocks
I feel like typing the *exact same* set of mocks suggests a refactor for encapsulation15:35
I'm inclined to draw the line between "factory methods for LowLevelCacheEntry" and "factory methods for FixityResult"15:36
<ajs6f>+115:37
Those are independent concerns.
Not orthogonal, but independent.
<barmintor>(you can see what I'm talking about here: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/blob/115fb7992cbc8ac45d58b87ee705d77970e6eb2a/fcrepo-kernel/src/test/java/org/fcrepo/services/LowLevelStorageServiceTest.java )
I AM VALIDATED BY THE TECH LEAD'S SILENCE ON THE MATTER15:40
<escowles>i'm trying to build and run fcrepo4, following the instructions on the github readme. it builds successfully, but when i try to do "mvn jetty:run" i get an error:
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No matching bean of type [org.fcrepo.session.SessionFactory] found for dependency: expected at least 1 bean which qualifies as autowire candidate for this dependency. Dependency annotations: {@javax.inject.Inject()}
<barmintor>escowles: there's a spring config somewhere without the bean definition15:41
<ajs6f>Where are you doing mvn jett:run? In fcrepo-webapp? Shouldn't it be mvn jetty:run-war?15:42
<barmintor>let me see if I can find which ones get loaded on that task
<escowles>i'll try jetty:run-war...
<barmintor>The non-test spring configs don't have the bean definitions15:43
DOH
<eddies>ajs6f: in that post-build actions, how is jenkins supposed to know where to deploy to?
<ajs6f>Open advanced config.
<eddies>shouldn't you at least be specifying http://maven.fcrepo.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/
<ajs6f>You'll see e.g. Repository URL
yeah, I did.
Look at the advanced cofnig.
<eddies>i am15:44
you only have http://maven.fcrepo.org/nexus/
<ajs6f>Oh, *&*)&)*(&. Yeah, I got that wrong.
That might have been part of it, indeed.
<barmintor>escowles: do me a favor
<escowles>barmintor: ok
<ajs6f>But we still need the login info.
<barmintor>escowles: edit the file at fcrepo-webapp/src/main/resources/spring/rest.xml15:45
escowles: edit in '<bean class="org.fcrepo.session.SessionFactory" />'15:46
and then try the mvn task again
<eddies>the settings.xml looks ok to me now
<cbeer>i'm here
<ajs6f>Okay, I'll kick off a run.15:47
<eddies>there's a build of mode underway already
<ajs6f>Then I _won't_ kick off a run.
<cbeer>eddies: got it fixed?
<eddies>checking
<escowles>barmintor: in '<jaxrs:server address="/rest">'? or in all of the jaxrx:server blocks?
<eddies>(waiting for jenkins to do a build)
<barmintor>escowles: you should be able to put it in right under the UUIDPidMinter, outside the jaxrs blocks15:48
<eddies>umm.15:49
mode is getting a compile error
http://ci.fcrepo.org/jenkins/job/modeshape/13/console
<escowles>barmintor: that fixed it -- thanks!15:50
<barmintor>escowles: you're not done yet!
you need to commit that change so the rest of us don't have to make it ;)15:51
<ajs6f>?15:52
Should we try with their repo, to see if it's something wrong with our fork?
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] escowles pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/pnPHLA
fcrepo4/master 1be7a5a Esmé Cowles: Adding SessionFactory bean to rest config
* github-ff leaves
<eddies>i'm confused. what's kicking off the mode builds on jenkins?15:54
<cbeer>eddies: nothing.
<eddies>i see "Started by an SCM change" in the console log
<ajs6f>I think I might have left a trigger from Github on.
<eddies>and i didn't kick off the last two builds
<cbeer>oh, i wonder if we copied it from anoter build
<ajs6f>If it could have been copied, I copied it.15:55
And probably didn't even read it.
<eddies>but there aren't any new commits to our fork
<ajs6f>Urm.
I know! I'll go have a pipe. That will help.
<eddies>well, i'm going to turn in fairly soon15:56
i'm fairly certain the problem is no longer in the settings.xml
and it lies either with the jenkins build config or our github repo15:57
ajs6f: i'm leaving this in your hands. if you need to enlist help from anyone else, please do so15:58
<ajs6f>Okay.16:03
* nbanks joins16:04
* nbanks leaves16:08
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #133: SUCCESS in 3 min 51 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/133/16:12
* ajs6f1 joins
* ajs6f leaves16:13
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-fixity build #127: SUCCESS in 3 min 59 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/127/16:14
* travis-ci joins16:15
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#327 (master - 1be7a5a : Esmé Cowles): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/d4a69022513e...1be7a5a1a847
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6026911
* travis-ci leaves
<barmintor>gah, mockmockmockmockmock
<ajs6f1>I switched our MODE snapshot build to use their repo, to see if our failures had to with our fork.
Feel like you're being mocked?
Overwhelmed by mockery?16:16
Just wish your code would be a little more sincere with you?
Wow. The Java7 File API is a lot richer and nicer than the old stuff. Not perfect, but a lot better.16:17
Wow. The MODE repo fails too.16:20
<barmintor>PATCHES WELCOME16:21
<ajs6f1>Yay! It's not my fault!
But it might be Jenkins weirdity:16:22
[ERROR] /home/tomcat/.hudson/jobs/modeshape/workspace/modeshape-common/src/test/java/org/modeshape/common/util/HashCodeTest.java:[51,27] error: reference to compute is ambiguous, both method compute(Object...) in HashCode and method compute(int,Object...) in HashCode match
Aren't those the same method?
Oh, wait, not.
* cbeer leaves
* cbeer joins16:23
<ajs6f1>Does anyone know whether we are running Java7 for all Jenkins builds? I know we must be for our own code, but...
I've built MODE on my box, but with Java6.
See Straws, grasping at.16:24
* github-ff joins16:28
[fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Y1x4xg
fcrepo-bagit-modeshape-federation-connector/master 1714808 ajs6f: Added strawman getDocumentById()
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins16:31
[fcrepo4] ajs6f created BagItFederationExample from master (+0 new commits): http://git.io/ooSK9Q
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>A. "Squamous" Soroka added comment: "Working up a prototype based on MODE's FileSystemConnector." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47089843
* escowles leaves16:37
* ajs6f1 leaves16:43
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #134: SUCCESS in 3 min 38 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/134/16:47
Project fcrepo-fixity build #128: SUCCESS in 3 min 39 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/128/16:49
<barmintor>ok, here's why to refactor the fixity stuff: https://gist.github.com/barmintor/fd778e738fa5467b06cf16:51
<cbeer>:)16:53
<barmintor>cbeer: the logic is fine, it just needs to get split up into a different class :)16:54
<cbeer>i was just trying to bury all the mess under the rug.16:55
<barmintor>what we need is more rugs.
<cbeer>bigger rugs
<barmintor>we need more bigger rugs
<cbeer>and we should stop having them appraised.
cheaper rugs
maybe just a bunch of white sheets16:56
dust covers.
<barmintor>if we use a blindfold, you only need to cover one thing.
<cbeer>buy a fcrepo4, get a free blindfold!16:57
* nbanks joins17:03
<barmintor>oh, that's interesting17:11
ajs6f:17:12
name clash: apply(org.fcrepo.utils.FixityResult) in org.fcrepo.services.functions.GetGoodFixityResults overrides a method whose erasure is the same as another method, yet neither overrides the other
[ERROR] first method: apply(F) in com.google.common.base.Function
[ERROR] second method: apply(T) in com.google.common.base.Predicate
[ERROR] /Users/ba2213/Github/futures/fcrepo4/fcrepo-kernel/src/main/java/org/fcrepo/services/functions/GetGoodFixityResults.java:[23,34] name clash: apply(java.util.Collection<org.fcrepo.utils.FixityResult>) in org.fcrepo.services.functions.GetGoodFixityResults overrides a method whose erasure is the same as another method, yet neither overrides the other
[ERROR] first method: apply(T) in com.google.common.base.Predicate
[ERROR] second method: apply(F) in com.google.common.base.Function
but eclipse can run the tests and compile the classes17:13
* nbanks leaves17:23
* github-ff joins17:25
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/14Xudg
fcrepo4/master e133bf0 Benjamin Armintor: finish unit testing LowLevelStorageService and accompanying Function classes
* github-ff leaves
* VincentNG leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Benjamin Armintor added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/e133bf051e629e514ba809fd84c0499ee7dea8bc finished, though th..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4682666717:26
Benjamin Armintor edited "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/LowLevelStorageService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826667
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/e133bf051e629e514ba809fd84c0499ee7dea8bc" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47337399
Benjamin Armintor edited "Unit test the kernel's Function subclasses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47337399
<barmintor>hey, 27.7%17:37
progress!
time to celebrate with a beer. Adios!17:38
* barmintor leaves
<bljenkins>Project fcrepo-kitchen-sink build #135: SUCCESS in 2 min 39 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-kitchen-sink/135/17:39
Project fcrepo-fixity build #129: SUCCESS in 2 min 58 sec: http://ci.projectblacklight.org/jenkins/job/fcrepo-fixity/129/17:41
* nbanks joins18:06
* github-ff joins18:07
[fcrepo4] vnguyen745 pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/pRWwWg
fcrepo4/master de7df59 Vincent Nguyen: finished unit test for RepositoryService
* github-ff leaves
<pivotal-bot____>Vincent Nguyen finished "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/RepositoryService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826735
Vincent Nguyen added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/commit/de7df59ef90659c37403c894872cc8e73e228a9a" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826735
Vincent Nguyen edited "Unit test fcrepo-kernel/RepositoryService" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/46826735
* nbanks leaves18:11
* travis-ci joins18:35
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#329 (master - de7df59 : Vincent Nguyen): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/e133bf051e62...de7df59ef906
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6030651
* travis-ci leaves
* travis-ci joins19:49
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#328 (master - e133bf0 : Benjamin Armintor): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/1be7a5a1a847...e133bf051e62
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/6029768
* travis-ci leaves
* nbanks joins20:06
* nbanks leaves20:11
* ap2972 joins20:45
* ap2972 leaves20:56
* nbanks joins22:07
* nbanks leaves22:12