Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:39
* kaarefc leaves01:50
* kaarefc joins02:30
* eddies joins05:48
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin deleted "Databank prototype must work against Solr 4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4225138505:51
Edwin Shin deleted "setup an ec2 instance for databank" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/41238755
Edwin Shin deleted "Homebrew formula for ff-databank install" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/42229399
Edwin Shin deleted "Run JMeter Tests against Lily in Multinode Configuration" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43060661
* eddies leaves06:32
* eddies joins06:40
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* ppound joins07:44
* anusha joins07:48
* anusha leaves07:49
<ff-pivotal>Vincent Nguyen added comment: "Jersey demo here" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4542372908:01
Vincent Nguyen added comment: "Jersey demo here https://github.com/vnguyen745/jersey-demo" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45423729
* jkreft joins08:05
* ppound_ joins08:06
* ppound leaves08:08
* ppound_ leaves
* ppound joins
* VincentNG joins08:19
* anusha joins08:25
* anusha leaves08:32
* anusha joins08:34
* ppound leaves08:48
* ppound joins
* ppound leaves09:02
* ppound joins09:08
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound added comment: "updated tuque to return the id if a label is not present" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409217309:15
* jkreft1 joins09:17
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound added comment: "added some checks for empty php objects so we don't print unnecessary notices and warnings to islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409217309:18
* jkreft leaves
* anusha leaves09:19
* jkreft1 leaves09:22
* anusha joins09:24
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound added "implement FedoraObject modify so we can modify object label, owner id etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45594179
Paul Pound edited "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471616909:27
Paul Pound added "implement Fedora properties like object label, owner id, state etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559507709:30
Paul Pound added "expose object and datastream properties to the jcr query languages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559570909:35
Paul Pound edited "implement Fedora properties like object label, owner id, state etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559507709:36
* anusha leaves09:41
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Islandora should be able to find an object in the FCR4 prototype" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409217309:50
Paul Pound added "framework for adding properties to objects." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559677909:51
Chris Beer added comment: "What properties are required by Islandora? I, for one, would like to leave as many structural properties behi..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559507709:53
<cbeer>ah, didn't read all your tickets09:55
<eddies>cbeer: can you update https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/ModeShape+Clustering
want i give you a chore?
<cbeer>please09:56
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin added "Document Sprint 4 ModeShape Clustering Status" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559727909:57
Edwin Shin edited "Document Sprint 4 ModeShape Clustering Status" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45597279
Chris Beer added comment: "The spec suggests this should be the expected behavior (http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/6_Query.html). I ass..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559570909:59
* jcoyne joins
* anusha joins10:02
<eddies>I've posted iteration close notes: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/2013-03-05+Sprint+4+Close10:08
please update if i've missed anything
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Document Sprint 4 ModeShape Clustering Status" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559727910:13
Chris Beer finished "Document Sprint 4 ModeShape Clustering Status" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45597279
<cbeer>aww, do we have to use the freeconferencecall line :/10:14
google hangouts have spoiled me
I guess, VincentNG, when you dial yourself into the hangout, do you need to do anything special?10:15
could we bridge the skype stuff into the hangout?
<VincentNG>cbeer: it's free to call a US number from google hangout but international is dif10:18
<cbeer>VincentNG: when you get the call, do you need to push buttons or anything?10:19
<VincentNG>i basically log on and then invite myself on my cell phone. then from the cell phone it's just like a conference call
nothing special, no magic needed
<cbeer>cool10:20
<VincentNG>although you waste minutes if you use a cell phone :-)
<anusha>+1 for google hangout10:22
<eddies>i'll propose we use google hangouts for sg in the future. a bit late to get folks to switch now unfortunately10:24
<cbeer>hm, doesn't seem like we can bridge skype <-> hangout10:25
<eddies>unfortunately, i don't think you can use the dial-out method that vincentng uses if you're not dialing a u.s. or canada #
<cbeer>for free, no.10:26
<eddies>so not sure how that will work for frank when he's in the office
* jonathangee joins10:27
<cbeer>"Currently it’s not possible to dial extensions." boo10:28
* kaarefc leaves10:40
* anusha leaves10:43
<ff-pivotal>Vincent Nguyen added comment: "Started a WIKI page here: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/wiki/JAX-RS-Implementation-Comparison" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4542372910:56
* kaarefc joins10:59
* anusha joins
<cbeer>eddies: i think i have a conflict for the standup on Tue, January 19, 2038, 3:14 AM GMT
<eddies>ok, i hacked a permalink for future google hangouts by setting an event way in the future: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110386469911510107748/events
<cbeer>+1
<eddies>i tried to set it for the end of the epoch11:00
=)
SG/TT call: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/REPONEXT/2013-03-0511:01
<cbeer>(i'm on the call but failed to announce myself earlier)11:02
<barmintor>eddies: did you just invite me to a meeting in January 2038?11:04
<cbeer>at 3:14am GMT
<barmintor>I dont usually schedule that far in advance.
<eddies>yes, to mark the end of unix time
it's just a hack so we can have a perma-url for hangouts
<cbeer>it's a clever hack11:05
i'm so glad our standups start on time.11:06
<barmintor>well, now that I see it's the end of Unix time, I think I have to decline: I'm going to be busy with some freelance work.11:07
<cbeer>barmintor++
s/extended/completely rewrote/11:17
* anusha leaves11:23
* kaarefc leaves11:24
* anusha joins
* kaarefc joins11:33
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added "Link to pivotal from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4560688111:34
Chris Beer added "Things to get into the backlog." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4560724711:37
* kaarefc leaves11:44
* anusha leaves12:07
<eddies>ppound, cbeer, vincentng: can we do a quick check-in?12:30
<ppound>eddies: yeah i'm here12:33
<eddies>coming...
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/46ed3fe3f2d8606cbc4c4056cc8bb4cce9176ebc?authuser=0&hl=en
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin accepted "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471616912:39
<VincentNG>eddies: sorry, i was away for a bit. did i miss it12:50
<eddies>yeah, but why don't the two of us just check in
<VincentNG>sure
google hangout?
<eddies>yep12:51
<VincentNG>can u hear me?12:52
<eddies>nope12:53
you hear me?
<VincentNG>let me try again
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo-jms-indexer-solr/blob/master/README.md" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409248714:33
Chris Beer edited "Add (Spring) configuration and usage documentation to fcrepo-jms-solr-indexer" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44092487
* ff-github joins
[fcrepo-jms-indexer-solr] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Xa6IAA
fcrepo-jms-indexer-solr/master c1e35bf Chris Beer: Create README.md
* ff-github leaves
<cbeer>barmintor: https://twitter.com/roseandcrownpa/status/30902654838676684814:45
doesn't say which rodenbach though
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Link to pivotal from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4560688115:01
Paul Pound added comment: "Islandora currently relies on the object label (when creating collection15:04
views), the state (to determine whe..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595077
<cbeer>eddies! i don't get octopress15:08
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound added comment: "maybe what i'm looking for is already there and I'm just missing it. It15:11
would make sense as I was querying ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595709
<cbeer>man, that's confusing15:13
you have to check out a second copy of the repository into the _deploy directory
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer finished "Link to pivotal from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45606881
Chris Beer estimated "framework for adding properties to objects." as 5 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559677915:23
Chris Beer estimated "Rolling upgrades" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45565303
Chris Beer estimated "Self-healing repository" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45565667
Chris Beer added "Fixity checks against every instance of a data blob in a distributed-cache mode" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562802515:24
Chris Beer estimated "Write documentation for running fcrepo 4.x as a WAR under e.g. tomcat" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45507631
Chris Beer estimated "Expose fedora:label property in the modeshape JCR index" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45511571
Chris Beer estimated "Add support for changing datastream labels (and other properties) to the batch-modify-object endpoint" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45506585
Chris Beer estimated "Add datastream delete to the batch-modify-object endpoint" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45506563
Chris Beer estimated "Object search-like API built on top of JCR query API" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4546471115:25
Chris Beer estimated "Firing webhook callbacks" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464623
Chris Beer estimated "REST API support for registering webhook listeners" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464605
Chris Beer estimated "Expose versioned objects using the Memento API" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464563
Chris Beer estimated "Create an analogue of the fcrepo 3 externally managed content type" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464181
Chris Beer estimated "Create RDF triples generator service" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464099
Chris Beer estimated "Expose a repository "Sitemap"" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458883
Chris Beer estimated "Object serialization service" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458809
Chris Beer estimated "Transparent serialization of object structure" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458591
Chris Beer estimated "Add HTTP 1.1-friendly cache headers to our REST API responses" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458545
Chris Beer estimated "Create a REST API endpoint that exposes the (optional) services available " as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458503
Chris Beer estimated "Create a JAX-RS endpoint to proxy a SPARQL endpoint (provided by an external service) AS IF it was a first-class m..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458459
Chris Beer estimated "Add an OAuth service to the REST API's JAX-RS container" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458249
Chris Beer estimated "Pass user authentication information from JAX-RS endpoints to the JCR repository" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458055
Chris Beer estimated "Implement authentication for external message-queue-driven services" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458033
Chris Beer estimated "Build a fixity/checksum validation service" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45457823
Chris Beer estimated "Add schema.org microformat markup to the HTML representations of the fcrepo REST API" as 2 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45457999
Chris Beer added "Store fixity data when a datastream is created or modified." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562814315:26
Chris Beer estimated "An OAI-PMH provider" as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43944081
Chris Beer edited "An OAI-PMH provider" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43944081
Chris Beer estimated "Create an transactions-based REST API which allows multiple requests happening under a single "transaction"" as 5 ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44765501
Chris Beer deleted "Write launchd translations for databank init.d scripts" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4232179115:27
Chris Beer added "Update the kitchen-sink and/or webapp repositories to nicely expose the configs for implementors to modify" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562856115:30
Chris Beer estimated "Update the kitchen-sink and/or webapp repositories to nicely expose the configs for implementors to modify" as 2 p..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45628561
Chris Beer deleted "Expose fedora:label property in the modeshape JCR index" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4551157115:34
Chris Beer edited "An OAI-PMH provider" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4394408115:36
Chris Beer added "Make a JMS serialization that isn't annoying to parse" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562943915:37
Chris Beer edited "Fixity checks against every instance of a data blob in a distributed-cache mode" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562802515:39
Chris Beer edited "Store fixity data when a datastream is created or modified." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4562814315:40
Chris Beer edited "implement Fedora properties like object label, owner id, state etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559507715:41
Chris Beer edited "Add HTTP 1.1-friendly cache headers to our REST API responses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458545
Chris Beer edited "Pass user authentication information from JAX-RS endpoints to the JCR repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458055
Chris Beer edited "Object serialization service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458809
Chris Beer edited "Transparent serialization of object structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4545859115:42
Chris Beer edited "Build HTML response for repository describe" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44134511
Chris Beer edited "Expose versioned objects using the Memento API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464563
Chris Beer edited "Firing webhook callbacks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4546462315:43
Chris Beer edited "REST API support for registering webhook listeners" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464605
Chris Beer edited "expose object and datastream properties to the jcr query languages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595709
Chris Beer edited "Object search-like API built on top of JCR query API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464711
Chris Beer edited "Create RDF triples generator service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4546409915:44
Chris Beer edited "Create a JAX-RS endpoint to proxy a SPARQL endpoint (provided by an external service) AS IF it was a first-class memb..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458459
Chris Beer edited "Post iteration close reports on fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4546399715:45
Chris Beer edited "Add links to javadocs from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45457779
Chris Beer edited "GSoC brainstorming" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44476621
Chris Beer edited "Create documentation for code style standards for fcrepo4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44733125
Chris Beer edited "Choose a location and dates for the 2013-04 hackfest" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45341785
Chris Beer edited "fedora4lib expenses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44494663
Chris Beer edited "Consider use of JSON-LD for JSON serialization" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45566093
Chris Beer edited "fcrepo 4 events feed should be sorted reverse-chronological." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45512057
Chris Beer edited "Things to get into the backlog." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45607247
Chris Beer edited "Things to prioritize from the backlog." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45607247
Chris Beer edited "implement Fedora properties like object label, owner id, state etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595077
Chris Beer edited "framework for adding properties to objects." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559677915:46
Chris Beer edited "expose object and datastream properties to the jcr query languages." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595709
Chris Beer edited "implement FedoraObject modify so we can modify object label, owner id etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45594179
Chris Beer edited "Store fixity data when a datastream is created or modified." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45628143
Chris Beer edited "Update the kitchen-sink and/or webapp repositories to nicely expose the configs for implementors to modify" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45628561
Chris Beer edited "Pass user authentication information from JAX-RS endpoints to the JCR repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458055
Chris Beer edited "Add HTTP 1.1-friendly cache headers to our REST API responses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458545
Chris Beer edited "Build HTML response for repository describe" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44134511
Chris Beer edited "Object serialization service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458809
Chris Beer edited "Transparent serialization of object structure" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458591
Chris Beer edited "Create RDF triples generator service" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464099
Chris Beer edited "Create a JAX-RS endpoint to proxy a SPARQL endpoint (provided by an external service) AS IF it was a first-class member of the fcrepo REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45458459
Chris Beer edited "Write documentation for running fcrepo 4.x as a WAR under e.g. tomcat" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45507631
Chris Beer edited "Expose versioned objects using the Memento API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464563
Chris Beer edited "Rolling upgrades" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45565303
Chris Beer edited "REST API support for registering webhook listeners" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464605
Chris Beer edited "Firing webhook callbacks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464623
Chris Beer edited "Object search-like API built on top of JCR query API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464711
Chris Beer edited "Things to prioritize and add to the backlog" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45607247
Chris Beer edited "Things to prioritize and add to the backlog" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4560724715:47
Chris Beer edited "Make the repository size bookkeeping an asynchronous process (or, at least, not part of the JAX-RS methods)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44213981
Chris Beer edited "Profile MODE/ISPN to see where/why (large files) are being held in heap, and file a bug in the appropriate project." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44012979
Chris Beer edited "Create ActiveFedora models that mimc GSearch indexing output" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45395527
Chris Beer edited "implement Fedora properties like object label, owner id, state etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45595077
* ppound leaves15:53
* jonathangee leaves15:58
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ff-tech/uHV4Pl7Zkc4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559507716:08
* VincentNG leaves16:19
* jcoyne leaves16:21
<ff-pivotal>Vincent Nguyen finished "Compare RESTEasy and other RESTful frameworks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4542372916:30
Vincent Nguyen delivered "Compare RESTEasy and other RESTful frameworks" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45423729
* jcoyne joins16:35
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Add HTTP 1.1-friendly cache headers to our REST API responses" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4545854516:59
Chris Beer edited "REST API support for registering webhook listeners" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464605
Chris Beer edited "Expose versioned objects using the Memento API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/45464563
Chris Beer edited "implement FedoraObject modify so we can modify object label, owner id etc." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4559417917:00
* jcoyne leaves17:24
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Add links to javadocs from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4545777918:34
Chris Beer finished "Add links to javadocs from fcrepo.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4545777918:36
* jonathangee joins20:43
* jcoyne joins20:56
* jonathangee leaves20:57
* jonathangee joins21:05
* jonathangee leaves21:24
* jcoyne leaves21:35
* jcoyne joins21:42
* jcoyne leaves22:31
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Make the repository size bookkeeping an asynchronous process (or, at least, not part of the JAX-RS methods)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4421398123:36
Chris Beer edited "Make the repository size bookkeeping an asynchronous process (or, at least, not part of the JAX-RS methods)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44213981

Generated by Sualtam