Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:56
* kaarefc leaves02:41
* kaarefc joins02:58
* eddies leaves03:29
* eddies joins03:41
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves03:43
* kaarefc leaves04:06
* kaarefc joins04:17
* eddies joins04:23
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* github-ff joins05:47
[fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/iajTKw
fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example/master 46f1ef4 Edwin Shin: Update .travis.yml
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins05:49
[fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/JE7Qzg
fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example/master 23fda7c Edwin Shin: Update README.md
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins05:55
[fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/zaPQDg
fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example/master e5a1364 Edwin Shin: Update README.md
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins05:56
[fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/qE_wGg
fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example/master 70df6ff Edwin Shin: Update README.md
* github-ff leaves
* eddies leaves05:57
* ppound joins07:34
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound started "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4481334907:56
* kaarefc leaves08:06
* kaarefc joins08:33
* kaarefc leaves08:41
* kaarefc joins08:44
* JasonDGI joins08:47
* kaarefc leaves09:10
* barmintor leaves09:24
<ff-pivotal>Paul Pound added comment: "in our repository config screen we now report back the number of objects and size of repository. Currently t..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4481334909:57
* jcoyne joins10:06
* ajs6f joins10:16
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] jmacwilliams opened pull request #23: added delete namespace endpoint (master...master) http://git.io/9ufwjg
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>JasonDGI: what's the usecase on that pull request? deleting namespaces seems.. weird.. to me10:28
<JasonDGI>in islandora we wil usually register a bunch of namespace, and we may modify that list before the end of the project10:34
<cbeer>hm10:35
<JasonDGI>its something that does come up, but we may be able to wire around it if need be
* VincentNG joins10:37
<ajs6f>JasonDGI: if I register a bunch of objects using IDs from namespace X, then delete that namespace, what happens? Do the objects just blow up? {grin} Okay, no, but then what?10:38
<JasonDGI>i could add a check to make sure the namespace is not in use maybe10:39
* Vincent_ng joins
* Vincent_ng leaves
<JasonDGI>i wont cry if it never makes it in, i needed it for a short test earlier today and i think islandora can live without it10:41
* eddies joins10:43
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<cbeer>ajs6f: i'm right to think the event feed isn't wired into the webapp by default?10:45
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471878110:48
Chris Beer finished "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
Chris Beer added comment: "hydra.fedora4lib.org/about/repository" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
<cbeer>ppound: i can confirm negative repository sizes10:49
our bookkeeping must be bad (probably my fault)
i think the ticket to do it asynchronously or calculate it on demand should supercede it anyway10:50
(and, now that i say that, i think i know where the problem is too
hm, or not.
<ppound>yeah seeing a negative size10:53
this is from the rest/describe10:54
i just did a pull and running the latest now
i'll verify that it still happens10:55
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Make the repository size bookkeeping an asynchronous process (or, at least, not part of the JAX-RS methods)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44213981
Chris Beer added "Repository size should not go negative" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44962643
* eddies leaves10:56
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<cbeer>hey, someone else wih replication problems: https://community.jboss.org/message/799111#79911110:57
<ppound>cbeer: with the latest code i'm seeing positive numbers locally11:00
i've seen that before and it has then gone negative I'll add a few more objects
<eddies>cbeer: you coming?
<cbeer>eddies: yeah, hold on. feel free to start without me11:01
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin added "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44963161
<JasonDGI>boo eclipse!11:02
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Introduce ourselves on the MODE forum" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4489920111:04
Paul Pound delivered "Update Islandora to programmatically build objects instead of using FOXML" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4349720511:11
<ajs6f>cbeer: "ajs6f: i'm right to think the event feed isn't wired into the webapp by default?"
You mean the RSS feed, or the actual internal event bus itself?
<cbeer>ajs6f: the RSS stuff, sorry.
<ajs6f>yeah, I don't think that's in the webapp pom.
<cbeer>maybe the kitchen-sink app will take care of it all
<ajs6f>Yes.
If we _want_ the RSS feed to be a normal default component.11:12
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807973
Edwin Shin accepted "Update Islandora to programmatically build objects instead of using FOXML" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43497205
Jason MacWilliams edited "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807973
Jason MacWilliams edited "Islandora should be able to find an object in the FCR4 prototype" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409217311:13
Edwin Shin edited "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4496316111:16
Edwin Shin edited "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44963161
Edwin Shin started "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44963161
Edwin Shin edited "Create an org.fcrepo.BasicSequencer that provides a concrete class for dynamic language sequencers to extend." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4489052911:17
Edwin Shin edited "Create an org.fcrepo.BasicSequencer that provides a concrete class for dynamic language sequencers to extend." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44890529
* eddies leaves11:18
<barmintor>why cannot I find my rack-test gem11:39
<jcoyne>Where did you leave it last?
<barmintor>in my Gemfile.lock11:40
bundle has it installed
I think this is a tricky error message
* eddies joins11:41
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves11:44
* fedora leaves11:46
* fedora_ joins
<fcrepo>jasonDGI: is there a way to check to see whether the namespace is in use first? Makes me uneasy if that op could leave a bunch of objects in an invalid state11:55
<JasonDGI>ben? is that you?
<fcrepo>oh, yeah11:56
I mean: No! This is FCREPO!
Do not give me operations that will leave my repository in an invalid state!
<JasonDGI>to find out if its in use, i would probably use a search operation - which im sure we have somewhere
barmintor I liked you getter as fcrepo11:57
<barmintor>:(
<JasonDGI>no, i didnt mean that11:59
fcrepo would never be able to put up with columbia
<barmintor>jcoyne: that was weird, but for some reason my lock file was pointing to a rack-test version that was just an empty directory in my cache12:02
must've been a cancelled update or something
<jcoyne>That is funny
<ppound>i'm having an issue retrieving content wonder if anyone has seen anything similar12:08
when goto a url like http://localhost:8080/rest/objects/islandora:root/datastreams/TN/content
i get results prefixed with a uuid
--uuid:8bde7b37-fe26-473e-9577-83f21ea0f469
Content-Type: application/octet-stream
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
Content-ID: <1>
could be the way i've added the data?12:09
after the Content-ID i do get the correct content
<ajs6f>Looks like HTTP headers somehow getting serialized in.12:11
<cbeer>i'm doing some blacklight stuff right now, but after that, i can double check that I'm not seeing that same kind of thing in hydra12:14
<ppound>thanks12:19
* eddies joins12:30
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<VincentNG>eddie, do i have access to maven repository?12:38
i sent you my sonatype jira username
<JasonDGI>when i ingest an object into fcrepo4, where on disk does it live?12:41
<cbeer>target/FedoraRepository/storage12:42
or something like it
it's in the infinispan configuration.
<JasonDGI>coolthanks12:44
<eddies>vincentng: i submitted a request to add the folks who provided me their usernames. i'll let you know when it clears
<VincentNG>thanks12:45
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin added comment: "What would the BasicSequencer concrete class accomplish?12:48
We can already extend an abstract class in, say, R..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44890529
<cbeer>ppound: yeah, i'm not seeing those headers.12:49
<ppound>k i can't find where i'm sending them our data looks ok when we send it. I'll keep poking around in case I'm doing something wrong12:50
<cbeer>eddies: it may not accomplish anything anymore. it was whatever ajs6f, you and I were talking about yesterday
<eddies>cbeer: then i'm going to nuke the ticket12:51
<ajs6f>I thought Eddie had found a way to extend Squencer in JRUB?
<cbeer>+1
yeah, if he managed to do that and it works, i don't think it matters
<ajs6f>But are we sure it can be done in Jython, etc?
Or do we care?
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin deleted "Create an org.fcrepo.BasicSequencer that provides a concrete class for dynamic language sequencers to extend." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44890529
<ajs6f>Never mind. Eddie just smashed it all to pieces. :)
<eddies>ajs6f: we'll revisit if necessary when we get around to jython =)12:52
<ajs6f>But what about Jogo, Jerl, and Jalltalk?
<cbeer>please tell me you've made those up.12:53
<eddies>i'd prefer to start with jlisp
<ajs6f>You mean Clojure?12:55
<jcoyne>Mirah!12:59
<JasonDGI>so the file on the filesystem does not contain the extra data we are seeing in the downloaded file13:12
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4496316113:15
Edwin Shin delivered "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
<ppound>cbeer: Chris when i post the content as a string i don't see the extra header info13:16
when i try to send it as a file
curl_setopt(self::$curlContext, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, array('file' => "@$data"));
using tuque it seems to add the content header stuff
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4-demo-hydra-app/commit/f91f8f38b2137f40f6d588d6bb4e03c57b3c495f" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
Edwin Shin edited "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
Edwin Shin edited "Use JAX-RS exception handling for fcrepo-legacy-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4482175513:17
Edwin Shin finished "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4496316113:18
<ajs6f>ppound— you aren't by any chance POSTing it as a _form_, are you?13:29
<ppound>it is a post
but not a form13:30
using tuque the code is the same code that works against fcrepo3
and it added the content but with the extra info13:32
if i modify the code to make curl think the body is a string i don't get the extra info
<ajs6f>I don't understand "make curl think the body is a string"…?13:33
<ppound>i can tell curl to read a file with the @13:34
It's probably something in tuque I'll try to make sense of it
<ajs6f>You might try it with command-line curl to narrow down the possible culprits.13:35
<ppound>ok13:36
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Retrieve multiple datastream content from a single request" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4488941913:41
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer created multipart-mixed-responses (+1 new commit): http://git.io/DfjZ4A
fcrepo4/multipart-mixed-responses 76af2fc Chris Beer: retrieve all the content in a multipart response
* github-ff leaves
<JasonDGI>where do i find information about using the batch-modify-object call?13:48
<cbeer>JasonDGI: there's a test.13:49
* github-ff joins13:51
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to multipart-mixed-responses: http://git.io/KvODSA
fcrepo4/multipart-mixed-responses 819a1a0 Chris Beer: add the datastreams/__content__ endpoint to be filtered by dsid
* github-ff leaves
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer finished "Retrieve multiple datastream content from a single request" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44889419
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] cbeer opened pull request #24: Multipart mixed responses (master...multipart-mixed-responses) http://git.io/PLcAgQ
* github-ff leaves
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/24" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44889419
<cbeer>jcoyne: ^^^ what do you think of that? any better ideas about the name of the API endpoint?13:52
<JasonDGI>so whenever i have fcrepo4 running and i open the fcrepo-webapp project in netbeans, fedora crashes :(13:54
<cbeer>ajs6f: does this make any sense? https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/issues/2513:59
(i'm trying to narrow down when it actually occurs..)
oh wait, there were errors before then.14:00
https://gist.github.com/cbeer/3d272f0914025476ac7b#file-gistfile1-txt-L184714:01
<barmintor>cbeer: I'm getting the "Undefined mixin 'border-radius' error in my upgraded BL app. Is there anything I should be doing besides @import 'bootstrap' in blacklight.css.scss to get those mixins loaded?14:20
<cbeer>barmintor: did you read our release notes?14:21
<barmintor>cbeer: I read the migration guide
* barmintor goes to look at the release notes
<cbeer>you're going to 4.x?
<barmintor>yup14:22
<cbeer>yeah, make sure you do the things in https://github.com/projectblacklight/blacklight/wiki/Blacklight-4.0-release-notes-and-upgrade-guide
(or harass james. pretty sure most of it is his handywork)
<barmintor>he's home sick, or i'd be making him do it14:23
;)
<ajs6f>Urg. That's coming up from INSPN. Something to do with clustering?14:34
cbeer: maybe try it in single-node to see if it's related to clustering?14:35
<cbeer>single-node it's fine.
i think i've found a lead
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODE-175414:36
i thought ISPN 5.2.0 fixed the problem
but maybe there's something else going on
<ajs6f>Okay. At least it's not our code. :)14:39
I'm heading out of the office. I'll check in later.
* ajs6f leaves
<barmintor>cbeer: fixed it- was loading BL stylesheets in application controller14:53
<cbeer>cool14:54
<barmintor>now on to yui -> bootstrap
<cbeer>i'm not sure i understand the point of the service-runner or jms-client projects14:57
<jcoyne>cbeer++ optimize ALL THE THINGS14:59
<cbeer>jcoyne: yeah, you can figure out how to parse it back out in rest-client15:17
i spent some time looking, and all I came up with was some notion that no one does that
and multipart/* is only meant for POSTing places
<jcoyne>cbeer: I'm attempting a coup of the rest-client gem15:20
<cbeer>+1
i saw it hasn't been updated in a year
<jcoyne>https://github.com/rest-client/rest-client/pulls
3 out of 4 pull requests
<cbeer>oh, it moved15:24
i missed that
<jcoyne> well, that's another coup.15:30
Very unclear wth is happening.
<JasonDGI>whats the login creds for hydra.fedora4lib.org?15:45
<cbeer>make your own account.15:46
* ppound leaves15:48
* JasonDGI leaves15:49
* avessey leaves17:15
* barmintor leaves17:40
* jcoyne leaves17:56
* github-ff joins19:06
[fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Vrmd2Q
fcrepo-sequencer-ruby-example/master dc4f9b1 Edwin Shin: Minor: adds some javadocs
* github-ff leaves
* VincentNG leaves19:21
* github-ff joins19:24
[fcrepo4] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/41FFEw
fcrepo4/master 062873d Edwin Shin: minor: first pass at cleaning up checkstyle warnings
* github-ff leaves
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Setup fcrepo.org domains in favor of fedora4lib.org" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4496316119:29
* travis-ci joins20:01
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#127 (master - 062873d : Edwin Shin): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/448d54fdc489...062873de4862
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/4994178
* travis-ci leaves
* github-ff joins21:31
[fedora4lib] eddies pushed 9 new commits to master: http://git.io/LihyXg
fedora4lib/master d65618f Parker Moore: Added travis.yml so travis doesn't fail for every master branch PR and push
fedora4lib/master f109abe Parker Moore: Added travis stamp of approval to README.
fedora4lib/master 510c6d6 Floyd Pink: fixed issue #949 using @alexkirmse's patch
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:35
[fedora4lib] eddies pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/ZiRTUQ
fedora4lib/master 462c615 Edwin Shin: Applies updates from https://github.com/imathis/octopress/commit/4790b939807be4d9abcc567f02773ff24b99320d
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins21:36
[fedora4lib] eddies pushed 1 new commit to gh-pages: http://git.io/EHHWuA
fedora4lib/gh-pages 72fdf81 Edwin Shin: Site updated at 2013-02-23 02:35:47 UTC
* github-ff leaves