Log of the #duraspace-ff channel on chat.freenode.net

Using timezone: Eastern Standard Time
* kaarefc joins01:52
* kaarefc leaves02:40
* JasonDGI joins08:18
* jcoyne joins08:20
<JasonDGI>barmintor eddies cbeer : what irc client do you use?08:33
* kaarefc joins08:40
* ppound joins
* jcoyne leaves08:45
* kaarefc leaves08:49
* avessey joins08:50
<barmintor>jasonDGI: colloquy08:56
<JasonDGI>thanks
* kaarefc joins09:29
<cbeer>JasonDGI: linkinus10:01
time for the call?10:03
* jcoyne joins10:04
<cbeer>eddies?
<JasonDGI>call? now?
<eddies>coming
wrapping up a call
jasondgi & ppound, you joining?10:05
<cbeer>https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/684825
<JasonDGI>trying now10:06
<ppound>yeah Jason is calling in
<JasonDGI>freeconf is failing for me again
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "test3" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44770121
Chris Beer deleted "test" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4477012110:07
* barmintor_ joins10:09
<eddies>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Story+Management10:11
* Vincent_ joins10:12
<cbeer>Vincent_: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/Story+Management10:13
github.com/futures
https://wiki.ucop.edu/display/Curation/Storage
(https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/684825 if you don't have it yet)
<barmintor_>I know I'm not on this sprint, but I'm going to lurk if I can manage to dial in (haven't yet)10:14
<cbeer>(and here's modeshape: http://www.jboss.org/modeshape)
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "I'm going to declare this "finished", and we'll refine it this next sprint." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409362110:15
Chris Beer edited "Add a Merritt-like REST API on top of fcrepo4 " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44093621
<cbeer>eddies: after you finish this, can we clean up pivotal before creating new tickets?10:16
<barmintor_>eddies: It makes a SOAP callback for the export foxml of the object.10:21
<JasonDGI>+1 to kill gsearch10:22
<barmintor_>it would be easier to support FOXML as an export format than as an import format, IMO
<JasonDGI>dont we need foxml import for a migration tool?10:23
<barmintor_>JasonDGI: yes10:25
* kaarefc leaves10:28
<cbeer>eddies: i'll scope the jsr-223 idea as a ticket or two. it certainly sounds more pleasant than trying to work in the existing codebase to me.10:35
<barmintor_>the other approach that makes sense to me is to have fcr4 either broadcast a message to an indexer or just hit a callback that you configure (POST to 'http://my.hydra.edu/myapp/changeme:1/index')10:37
<cbeer>barmintor_: that's what we do locally.10:38
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added "Extend ff-jms-solr-indexing to support JSR-223 scripting-based indexing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480712110:40
Edwin Shin accepted "Add a Merritt-like REST API on top of fcrepo4 " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409362110:41
Chris Beer added "Demonstrate JSR-223-based indexing by converting a Hydra solrizerd-style project to act as a JSR-223 provider" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807193
Chris Beer edited "Add a Merritt-like REST API on top of fcrepo4 " https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44093621
Edwin Shin accepted "Make JCR observation.Events to something fit for downstream consumption" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43519479
Chris Beer edited "Make JCR observation.Events to something fit for downstream consumption" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43519479
<cbeer>ppound: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4349720510:42
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Fedora scalability testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4394576710:44
Edwin Shin finished "Fedora scalability testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43945767
Edwin Shin delivered "Fedora scalability testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43945767
Edwin Shin accepted "Fedora scalability testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43945767
Chris Beer added "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757910:45
Chris Beer edited "Fedora scalability testing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43945767
Chris Beer added comment: "To be exercised by https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807579" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44111971
<cbeer>barmintor: can you review https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/pull/22, and make sure the stuff i did in the pom is ok?10:47
<barmintor_>cbeer: do you need that specific version of apache httpcomponents?10:49
<cbeer>barmintor: no, probably not.
<barmintor_>you're overriding the version declared in the root POM
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Test switching from Spring to CDI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44574289
Edwin Shin edited "Test switching from Spring to CDI" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44574289
<cbeer>barmintor_: that's httpmime, not httpcomponents, though, right?10:50
<ff-pivotal>Jason MacWilliams added "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807973
<barmintor_>cbeer: you're right, unless httpclient pulls httpmime in as a dependency
<cbeer>barmintor_: it doesn't.10:51
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Add continuous deployment machinery to fcrepo4 on futures6 to have (at minimum) nightly deploys." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44491617
<barmintor_>cbeer: all right, then forgive my impertinence ;)
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Add continuous deployment machinery to fcrepo4 on futures6 to have (at minimum) nightly deploys." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44491617
<cbeer>barmintor_: ok, and provided is the right scope for this, right?
<barmintor_>cbeer: I'm going to merge that
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "Pull fcrepo4 Glacier branch out into a separate project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44653553
<cbeer>barmintor: +1 (and i see travis is failing.. but i don't get the error, and i hope it's unrelated)10:52
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Pull fcrepo4 Glacier branch out into a separate project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44653553
Chris Beer edited "Pull the Scala Sequencer out into its own module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44206401
* github-ff joins10:53
[fcrepo4] barmintor pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/5G4uiA
fcrepo4/master e7ddb2e Benjamin Armintor: Merge pull request #22 from futures/batch-update-single-object...
* github-ff leaves
<eddies>barmintor_: where's the code for the jms serializer/deserializer?
<barmintor_>it's in fcrepo-jms
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin delivered "Create a batched-transaction API endpoint for object manipulation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44111971
Edwin Shin accepted "Create a batched-transaction API endpoint for object manipulation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44111971
Chris Beer edited "Create a batched-transaction API endpoint for object manipulation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44111971
Chris Beer edited "Create a batched-transaction API endpoint for object manipulation" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44111971
Edwin Shin edited "Expose object audit logging through a REST API" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/43942687
Edwin Shin edited "Document the use of an indexer template" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409311110:54
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Legacy serialization classes: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/tree/master/fcrepo-jms/src/main/java/..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44095889
Benjamin Armintor added comment: "Interfaces for serializers: https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/tree/master/fcrepo-jms/src/main/java/or..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44095889
Edwin Shin edited "Create a JMS serialization/deserialization module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44095889
Chris Beer edited "Create a JMS serialization/deserialization module" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4409588910:55
<barmintor_>eddies: I put some comments in with the location of the changes for the serialization stuff10:56
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added "Run performance benchmarks against (clustered) modeshape-based fcrepo4" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480905910:59
<cbeer>ppound: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ff-internal/lJR5-T7CccA11:03
<Vincent_>thanks chris11:04
<ff-pivotal>Jason MacWilliams edited "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480797311:16
Edwin Shin edited "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757911:18
Chris Beer edited "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757911:21
Chris Beer edited "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757911:38
Chris Beer edited "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807973
Chris Beer edited "Extend ff-jms-solr-indexing to support JSR-223 scripting-based indexing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807121
Chris Beer edited "Demonstrate JSR-223-based indexing by converting a Hydra solrizerd-style project to act as a JSR-223 provider" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807193
Chris Beer estimated "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." as 1 point https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807579
Chris Beer estimated "Extend ff-jms-solr-indexing to support JSR-223 scripting-based indexing" as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480712111:39
Chris Beer estimated "Demonstrate JSR-223-based indexing by converting a Hydra solrizerd-style project to act as a JSR-223 provider" as ..." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807193
<cbeer>(i'm moving tickets into the iteration so we know how many points we've accumulated)
<ff-pivotal>Edwin Shin edited "fcrepo4 kitchen sink project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44733433
Chris Beer edited "Enable fcrepo4 to run in a cluster" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44404653
Chris Beer added comment: "The existing deploy script is in the jenkins user's crontab, which runs /usr/local/bin/deploy-fcrepo4.sh" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4473343311:41
Edwin Shin edited "fcrepo4 kitchen sink project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4473343311:42
Chris Beer edited "fcrepo4 kitchen sink project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44733433
Chris Beer estimated "Update tuque to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." as 3 points https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480797311:43
Edwin Shin added "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4481334911:44
Chris Beer edited "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44718781
Edwin Shin edited "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44813349
Edwin Shin edited "Expose repo stats in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471878111:45
Chris Beer edited "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44813349
Chris Beer edited "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716169
Chris Beer edited "Expose events feed in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716145
Edwin Shin edited "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4481334911:46
Chris Beer edited "Expose events feed in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716145
Chris Beer edited "Extend ff-jms-solr-indexing to support JSR-223 scripting-based indexing" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807121
Chris Beer edited "Demonstrate JSR-223-based indexing by converting a Hydra solrizerd-style project to act as a JSR-223 provider" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807193
Edwin Shin edited "Expose repo stats in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44813349
Edwin Shin edited "Expose events feed in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471614511:47
Edwin Shin edited "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716169
Edwin Shin edited "Expose events feed in Hydra" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4471614511:48
Edwin Shin edited "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716169
Chris Beer edited "Make synthetic performance tests behave (fail) in the same way as real-world usage does." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4401970911:49
Chris Beer started "Make synthetic performance tests behave (fail) in the same way as real-world usage does." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44019709
Chris Beer edited "Make synthetic performance tests behave (fail) in the same way as real-world usage does." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44019709
Chris Beer finished "Make synthetic performance tests behave (fail) in the same way as real-world usage does." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44019709
Chris Beer edited "Make synthetic performance tests behave (fail) in the same way as real-world usage does." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44019709
Edwin Shin edited "Expose events feed in Islandora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44716169
<cbeer>eddies, Vincent_: is this a good deep-end ticket? https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4421398111:55
<eddies>https://github.com/futures11:57
<cbeer>dropping.11:58
<eddies>https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/FF/FF+Candidate+Test+Harness12:04
<cbeer>back.12:25
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer edited "Make the repository size bookkeeping an asynchronous process (or, at least, not part of the JAX-RS methods)" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4421398112:29
Chris Beer edited "Profile MODE/ISPN to see where/why (large files) are being held in heap, and file a bug in the appropriate project." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44012979
<eddies>https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide#SonatypeOSSMavenRepositoryUsageGuide-9.ActivateCentralSync12:34
<cbeer>cbeer-- # looks like i broke the build12:39
barmintor_: look familiar? "cannot access org.apache.http.pool.ConnPoolControl"12:41
hm. or maybe not my fault.12:44
interesting..12:46
<eddies>http://futures.github.com/fcrepo4/12:48
<cbeer>httpmime--12:50
* github-ff joins12:51
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Jdf2xQ
fcrepo4/master aba9fe4 Chris Beer: make sure httpmime is a test-only dependency
* github-ff leaves
* github-ff joins12:53
[fcrepo4] cbeer pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/V2ITiQ
fcrepo4/master 4623da3 Chris Beer: add irc and email build notifications
* github-ff leaves
<barmintor_>cbeer: there was some problem I had with pooled conections running out, but that was specific to httpclient13:06
<cbeer>barmintor_: yeah, it looks like it's something funny with httpmime.. turning it to a test-scope dependency fixed the build failure
<barmintor_>basically, whenever you use the httpclient to make a request, a connex is occupied until you read all the resulting inputstream.13:07
<cbeer>ok, clustering seems to be working. but i've forgotten some part of the config that makes the results show up in a reasonable amount of time..13:15
* eddies leaves13:17
* eddies joins13:18
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<ff-pivotal>A. Soroka added "Use JAX-RS exception handling for fcrepo-legacy-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4482175513:25
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#105 (master - 4623da3 : Chris Beer): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/aba9fe44a687...4623da38bd73
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/4936061
* travis-ci leaves
* ajs6f joins13:31
Hey, Fedora-cats. I just realized that even tho' the FOXML stuff has been broken out into a separate module/Git repo, it's still in fcrepo-legacy-api. I can't remember— did we agree to tear it out of there?13:32
(And thereby lose the Scala thing...)
<cbeer>yes, i think we did.13:38
<ajs6f>Okay, I'll do that.
<cbeer>ajs6f: so, i have clustering "working", but it's doing the eventual-consistency thing. i thought we had a way before that made it either consistent or pretty reasonably consistent
ring any bells?
i assume i've messed up a configuration or something13:39
<ajs6f>Not really— what's the time scale of the behavior?
<cbeer>seems like 60s-ish?
i'm also surprised the org.infinispan.loaders.cluster.ClusterCacheLoader doesn't make it magically work
<ajs6f>Yeah, the CCL should go and get it immediately...13:41
Are we sure we layered it in correctly?
<cbeer>i'm no longer sure of anything.
<ajs6f>So you're open-minded. That's good!
What confif are we using?
<cbeer>just what's in git13:42
<ajs6f>In fcrepo-webapp?
<cbeer>yes
i've been messing it with in the build artifacts, but the result has been the same
<ajs6f>Have you turned on debug/trace logging to see what INPSN is doing?13:43
<cbeer>good point, i'll give that a try13:44
<ajs6f>They do have tasty good logging.
* github-ff joins
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/KMXpCg
fcrepo4/master e8da72a ajs6f: Removed FOXML machinery and Scala config from fcrepo-legacy-api
* github-ff leaves
<cbeer>i think i'll head to the office first13:45
at least to get more screen real estate
<ajs6f>Cool. I need to get to a meeting myself. Let's check in later today.
* github-ff joins13:51
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/mq7yKA
fcrepo4/master 4614024 ajs6f: Removing FOXML from Spring config in fcrepo-webapp test so that build will run until FOXML module is published
* github-ff leaves
* ajs6f leaves13:55
* jcoyne leaves13:58
* travis-ci joins14:14
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#106 (master - e8da72a : ajs6f): The build was broken.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/4623da38bd73...e8da72a5b1aa
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/4937144
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>ajs6f--14:22
* travis-ci joins
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#107 (master - 4614024 : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/e8da72a5b1aa...461402455c38
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/4937323
* travis-ci leaves
<cbeer>trace+-14:26
learning more about modeshape/infinispan than i cared to.
* jcoyne joins14:57
<JasonDGI>do we have rules/conventions for what pids look like in fedora4?15:01
* ajs6f joins15:06
<JasonDGI>we noticed that pids with a ":" are breaking ingest15:07
<barmintor_>the only rules in place will be in modeshape. is it a namespace error of some kind?15:08
<JasonDGI>it looks like it could be a namespace error
are we doing anything with namespaces in f4?15:09
dont we have to keep them in order to preserve some ability to migrate?
<barmintor_>ajs6f: i vaguely remember talking about this in chicago (pid namespaces needing to be registered in MS as proper abbreviations for a namespace). Do you remember it?15:10
<cbeer>yes, you have to register namespaces.
<barmintor_>so vague is my memory, I could not use it to distinguish ajs6f and cbeer15:11
<ajs6f>He's the good-looking one.
<cbeer>ajs6f: only, i think it's broken?15:12
curl "http://futures5:8080/rest/namespaces/sufia" -X POST
<ajs6f>What's broken?
<cbeer>is giving me a 500 and a nasty stack trace
<ajs6f>What is it supposed to do?
<cbeer>register namespaces?
<JasonDGI>im remembering that discussion now15:13
<cbeer>let me poke at the API and make sure we have a test for it (doubtful)
clustering is killing me. i wonder if https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2712 is related, although i thought we were using 5.2.0.final15:14
<ajs6f>No, that's what it should do. You tried to register a blank namspace (prefix, but no URI). That's reserved for JCR.
<cbeer>ooh
there's another parameter i need to send, huh?
<ajs6f>Let me gin up a good example.
<JasonDGI>gin?
<ajs6f>curl "http://localhost:8080/rest/namespaces/sufia" --data-ascii "fghgdfo"
You can put the URI in the body of the request.
<JasonDGI>whats sufia?15:15
<ajs6f>Or you can use a JSON message to register multiple namespaces.
<cbeer>JasonDGI: just a namespace.
<ajs6f>Let me make up an example for that.
<cbeer>ajs6f++
ok, i'm defeated again. must be lunch time.
<ajs6f>curl "http://localhost:8080/rest/namespaces/" -H "Accept:application/json"15:16
will show you your namesapces in JSON.
And you use the same format in a POST to /namespaces
to register a bunch at once.
Does that clear that up?
<JasonDGI>yes, thanks ajs6f15:18
<ajs6f>Funkadelic.15:19
<JasonDGI>sounds like your day is at an end ajs6f
<ajs6f>We're an hour off from you on the East Coast.
<JasonDGI>still, after Funkadelic, it sounds like your day is at an end15:20
<ajs6f>It's hard to get better than that.
<barmintor_>ajs6f: working backwards from this, but does that mean that MS is going to store PIDs in an expanded form? That's actually cool, but it definitely has implications for FCR3 migration.15:29
that is, are the node names going to be expanded from the PID "namespace" + id
<ajs6f>If we put the PID in a property (as we decided to do in Chicago), we can do whatever we want. As far as node names, I don't know exactly MS is storing them, but I suspect it would be using the prefix.15:30
<JasonDGI>ppound pull request ready
<jcoyne>do me a favor and don't require periods in the pids.15:36
<ajs6f>?!
Why would we do that?
<JasonDGI>agreed, ? and ! will both be required characters :)15:37
<jcoyne>Oh, and slashes
<barmintor_>if we don't require periods we won't be able to tell where the pd stops and its extension starts15:38
<ajs6f>I'm suddenly confused. It's starting to feel normal.15:39
* Vincent_ leaves15:59
* github-ff joins16:11
[fcrepo4] ajs6f pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/sRnwYw
fcrepo4/master 3c8073d ajs6f: Now using proper JAX-RS ExceptionMapping, thus cleaning up a lot of JAX-RS endpoint methods and also installing finally{} statements to be sure that JCR sessions are always logged out: for https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44821755
* github-ff leaves
* VincentNG joins16:14
<cbeer>ajs6f++16:15
<ajs6f>For what? (Not that I'm not always happy and grateful for karma...)
<cbeer>that last commit
<ajs6f>Cool. So I can just write crappy code that fails to use the framework idioms correctly, wait a few weeks, then fix it, and I get karma? Awesome! Expect reams of crappy code from me! But don't worry, I'll fix it after a few weeks. :)16:16
(If you're not cbeer, you wouldn't know that I wrote a bunch of the code I just fixed.)16:17
cbeer— We've got some "new DatastreamService().doSomeStuff" or "new ObjectService().doSomeStuff" statements. Should those services be managed beans, or is it cool to just mint them as needed? Or should we look to factor them into static helpers or some other pattern like that?16:20
<cbeer>ajs6f: i wasn't sure yet.16:21
i was leaning towards managed beans (maybe obviously), but didn't do any of that work
<ajs6f>cbeer: Cool. Well, everything just runs fine now, so I'll leave it be until we get a better sense of the larger design we're knitting.16:22
Although I may "static-ify" PathService. It's just sewing strings.16:23
Maybe ObjectService could morph into a full-fledged FedoraObject extends JcrNode, the constructors of which would do the work now being done in ObjectService.createObjectNode()...?16:25
That would eliminate the whole question of how to manage the service and give us a place to hook convenience methods.
* JasonDGI leaves16:29
<cbeer>if you can do it, go for it. i think i tried to do that for about 15m and was easily confused.16:30
* travis-ci joins16:31
[travis-ci] futures/fcrepo4#108 (master - 3c8073d : ajs6f): The build passed.
[travis-ci] Change view : https://github.com/futures/fcrepo4/compare/461402455c38...3c8073df6583
[travis-ci] Build details : http://travis-ci.org/futures/fcrepo4/builds/4940755
* travis-ci leaves
<ajs6f>Oh, I'm liking this. And FedoraDatastream extends JcrNode… the JAX-RS code would just _melt_
into some thing like:16:32
@POST
@Path(/objects/{pid})
public ingest(@PathParam('pid')) final String pid) {
new FedoraObject(pid);
return created(…);16:33
}
Ohhhhh, yeah.
Let the exception mappers do their job...
* avessey leaves
<ajs6f>It's too late today, but I'm going to do this tomorrow for sure.16:34
* ppound leaves16:35
<ff-pivotal>A. Soroka started "Use JAX-RS exception handling for fcrepo-legacy-api" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4482175516:37
<ajs6f>Bit late, that.
<ff-pivotal>Vincent Nguyen started "fcrepo4 kitchen sink project" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4473343316:45
<ajs6f>o & o
* ajs6f leaves16:46
* jcoyne leaves
* VincentNG leaves16:52
* jcoyne joins17:10
* jcoyne leaves17:39
<barmintor_>how to know you were recently hacking Python: you type "module Foo do" in a ruby file17:52
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer started "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757918:13
Chris Beer added comment: "http://git.io/MOz3jw" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807579
Chris Beer added "Make the demo hydra app use our branch of rubydora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4484499318:34
Chris Beer started "Make the demo hydra app use our branch of rubydora" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44844993
Chris Beer added "PUT /rest/objects/{pid} must accept requests without a request body" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4484658519:00
Chris Beer edited "PUT /rest/objects/{pid} must accept requests without a request body" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44846585
* barmintor_ leaves19:01
<ff-pivotal>Chris Beer added comment: "Deploying to the hydra app is filed as a separate chore." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/4480757919:02
Chris Beer edited "Update rubydora to use the batch-modify-object endpoint instead of multiple sequential requests." https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44807579
Chris Beer added comment: "Currently blocked by https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44846585, which breaks the hydra app" https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44844993
<eddies>good morning, folks19:06
* jcoyne joins20:00
* eddies leaves21:18
* eddies joins21:19
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
* eddies leaves21:45
* eddies joins22:43
* eddies leaves
* eddies joins
<barmintor>eddies: earlier this week, I had a fancy beer that I thought was decidedly mediocre, and kind of offensive for the price.22:53
just so you know I don't *always* like them
<eddies>barmintor: i'm sure it's just because you weren't enjoying it in the same good company you had in chicago ;-)
what was the beer?22:54
<barmintor>yes, the company was also decidedly inferior :)
<eddies>i'm still trying to figure who to share the 3floyds with here
<barmintor>https://untappd.com/beer/10665
<eddies>yeah, well, i'm sure you still preferred that to the hoegaarden i had last night22:56
* jcoyne leaves22:57
<barmintor>eddies: hoegaarden is a lifeline beer for me at crappy bars, actually!22:58
<eddies>too sweet for me
maniko likes them, which is why we had some in the fridge22:59
<barmintor>eddies: if you think you may swing through NY in march, please email me the dates so I can try to coordinate with the other columbia staffers23:00
<eddies>will do23:01

Generated by Sualtam